PDA

View Full Version : Did JJ outfox CC

hibees_green
09-11-2010, 08:32 PM
As the current squad has absolutely nothing to do with Caulderwood, and there's nowt he can do about it at the moment, I can't help thinking that one of the most interesting things about Sunday was how CC measured up tactically to Jeffries.

Listening to the pundits the general assesment was that Jeffries won that battle easily. Jeffries indicated in his post match interview that 'people who know the game' would realise that the key battle was Skacel v's Miller with Skacel coming out on top, therefore stopping Hibs play, and giving Hearts the Platform to go on and win the game.

On one level this assement is dissapointing however, Jeffries clearly has an advantaged at the moment of knowing Hibs (and the SPL) far better than Calderwood knows Hearts.

Is the general view that the CC was so clearly done over tactically? If so, I think watching whether that gap can be closed over the coming months will be key to his success at ER.

Sprouleflyer
09-11-2010, 08:37 PM
As the current squad has absolutely nothing to do with Caulderwood, and there's nowt he can do about it at the moment, I can't help thinking that one of the most interesting things about Sunday was how CC measured up tactically to Jeffries.

Listening to the pundits the general assesment was that Jeffries won that battle easily. Jeffries indicated in his post match interview that 'people who know the game' would realise that the key battle was Skacel v's Miller with Skacel coming out on top, therefore stopping Hibs play, and giving Hearts the Platform to go on and win the game.

On one level this assement is dissapointing however, Jeffries clearly has an advantaged at the moment of knowing Hibs (and the SPL) far better than Calderwood knows Hearts.

Is the general view that the CC was so clearly done over tactically? If so, I think watching whether that gap can be closed over the coming months will be key to his success at ER.

If Jeffries was a tactical genius, he wouldn't be getting beat 3 zip by Mixu on his home turf.

Really think that Jeffries won this game by him and his backroom staff getting his players ready better for this game and having more options than CC had.

Craig_in_Prague
09-11-2010, 08:41 PM
They won coz Hibs are ganting. Simples.
A bit like saying McGhee was tactically brilliant a couple of weeks ago? Dont think so.

In fact I'm glad this Hearts team aren't a patch on the one a couple of years ago, or we could have faced 4-0, 5-0 drubbing the way we're playing.

A crap team just beat an even crappier one IMO.
Lack of chances in the match and we're losing poor goals to every team these days.

Sammy7nil
09-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Well CC' s tactic of missing out the midfield and Punting high balls as quickly as possible to the two 7 stone midgets who were being marked by two 20 stone giants in comparrison never worked.

So I would say CC failed. :agree: