PDA

View Full Version : Didier Drogba diagnosed with malaria

H18sry
09-11-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8120018/Chelsea-striker-Didier-Drogba-diagnosed-with-malaria-but-still-fit-to-face-Fulham.html :wtf:

persevere1875
09-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Cheryl Cole you should be ashamed of yourself, If Didier Drogba can play 90 minutes with Malaria why cant you get your arse on x factor :grr:

PISTOL1875
09-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Cheryl Cole you should be ashamed of yourself, If Didier Drogba can play 90 minutes with Malaria why cant you get your arse on x factor :grr:

That is brilliant..

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

persevere1875
09-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Its the only post I can bring myself to reply too this week, Family's got me on suicide watch again, Ahh the joys of being a Hibby !!

down the slope
09-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Maybe that's what's wrong with our lot , symptoms sound the same-nae energy , lethargic, loss of concentration etc.

PISTOL1875
09-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Maybe that's what's wrong with our lot , symptoms sound the same-nae energy , lethargic, loss of concentration etc.

Sol Bamba is terrible for that..

Jim44
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Ancelotti says ""I don't know where he got it from. I gave him a few days off and he went on holiday for a few days, and then he has malaria. But it's over now. He's ok."

I don't think his African, Ivory Coast striker picked up malaria in Bognor Regis. I wonder where he might have got it? :hmmm:

vahibbie
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM

big difference i,s our lot are crap as well:wink:

Purehibee_MYB
09-11-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8120018/Chelsea-striker-Didier-Drogba-diagnosed-with-malaria-but-still-fit-to-face-Fulham.html :wtf:

He got treated straight away so it's really a non-story

Keith_M
09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Ancelotti says ""I don't know where he got it from. I gave him a few days off and he went on holiday for a few days, and then he has malaria. But it's over now. He's ok."

I don't think his African, Ivory Coast striker picked up malaria in Bognor Regis. I wonder where he might have got it? :hmmm:

There was mention of Cheryl Cole, so I suppose you could put 2 and 2 together. Is Malaria a STD? :dunno:

Sorry, I forgot, she should only every be referred to as nations-sweetheart-malaria-surving-brave-cheryl-cole (Copyright.. well, every newspaper)

ScottB
09-11-2010, 04:36 PM
You can be infected with the virus and not develop symptoms for over a year I think, so it's not like he had to catch it last week or anything.

greenlex
09-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Has he gone down like he has been shot or was he treated before it got that far?

Lucius Apuleius
10-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Malaria normally has a 14 day incubation period but can be from a week to anything up to a year. Unfortunately once you have it, you have it and it is recurrent. Native Africans build up a much better resistance to it over time and treatment for it is pretty routine. We oyibos react a bit differently. Most Africans have malaria which is why it is to my knowlkedge still the biggest killer disease in the world. However most do not have cererbal malaria which is the one that kills. Use your prophylaxis. ( says he who never does!!)