PDA

View Full Version : Booth, Hanlon and Wotherspoon

PaulSmith
09-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Are all included in the U 21 squad v Northern Ireland.

Why Booth is not at Easter Road right now only John Hughes can answer

Andy74
09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Are all included in the U 21 squad v Northern Ireland.

Why Booth is not at Easter Road right now only John Hughes can answer

Booth needs first team games and he is far better getting them than being played in bounce games.

We are in need of consistency and experience and it was right to not rely on him quite yet.

Is this a bit like only Hughes knew why Galbraith wasn't playing? The answer to that one is getting a bit clearer too.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
is booth the laddie that plays left back ? blonde hair ? if so the few times i saw him play he put in pretty decent performances, i sorta put him in the same category as lewis stevenson 'tiggerish' willing to get stuck in

truehibernian
09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Booth needs first team games and he is far better getting them than being played in bounce games.

We are in need of consistency and experience and it was right to not rely on him quite yet.

Is this a bit like only Hughes knew why Galbraith wasn't playing? The answer to that one is getting a bit clearer too.

Bit unfair on Danny no ???

He has been left on the bench nearly all last season, the times he came on he lifted the game and the crowd. Yet three games in under CC, Hughes' judgement is sound ???

I would go with the fact that our record since Christmas under Hughes makes it far easier, and necessary to criticise Hughes selections, than have a go at young Danny

Again, only my opinion.......came on and created De Graaf's howler v Rangers, did well v Hamilton at ER, won the pen up at Dundee too mind. I would say that given a run he will come good. Last season scored the winner at Celtic, won the free kick v Saints which Stokes scored from, and each time he came on was decent.

Cropley10
09-11-2010, 11:54 AM

But why does Rankin play every single week?

Booth isn't at ER cos John Hughes didn't think he was ready. Quite what JH knows about football WE are only just finding out.

Is it any co-incidence his Falkirk team were 45 minutes from relegation. I think we can now see why.

As I've said before (almost) all Hibs fans are prepared to give 'our own' more of a chance than 'journeymen' pros.

one day maybe...
09-11-2010, 12:06 PM

As I've said before (almost) all Hibs fans are prepared to give 'our own' more of a chance than 'journeymen' pros.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments too, we need to build a team with the players we develope, players that have developed an affinity with the name Hibernian, not some journey men who have played for loads of different clubs. Because they are usually either, 1.. Gash or 2... Money Grabbers looking for a bigger pay for little return, before moving on. I have or had no qualms with Stokes moving on, I always thought we were a stepping stone for him, my beef there, was and always will be its the club that should be in control of these situations not the player, if Celtic wanted him that badly they would have stumped up the cash they got for that huddy Fortune, the pittance we got was scandalous... Build the Hibernian team with players who want to be here, good professionals and a mixture of youth and I for one will be happy. Oh aye and throw in a Scottish Cup and I will die elated :greengrin

JIm
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I wouldnt have Boothy anywhere near the first team! boy needs to grow up still! hopefully he'll realise what an opportunity he has and have a wee look at himself............! By all accounts he's playing well just now though which is good news!

BEEJ
09-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I wouldnt have Boothy anywhere near the first team! boy needs to grow up still! hopefully he'll realise what an opportunity he has and have a wee look at himself............! By all accounts he's playing well just now though which is good news!
What on earth is that all about? :confused:

Or have you confused Booth with someone else?

JIm
09-11-2010, 01:42 PM
What on earth is that all about? :confused:

Or have you confused Booth with someone else?

What do you think it means.................

BEEJ
09-11-2010, 01:50 PM
What do you think it means.................
Never mind posting riddles. If you have an accusation to make, make it and provide the evidence to back it up.

Leave the snide insinuation to our Yam friends over the road.

.Sean.
09-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Excellent news, i'm absolutely delighted for Callum!

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I have seen Booth play a few times since he has been out on loan. Why Hughes didn't rate him was IMO down to the fact that he doesn't pile forward, but that could very well be down to what his manager at the team is at is telling him to do. Other than that, it would be a bit of a reach to say that he is a stick out at that level. This is not Kenny Miller at Stenny, where he was obviously far too good.

oconnors_strip
09-11-2010, 03:16 PM
is booth the laddie that plays left back ? blonde hair ? if so the few times i saw him play he put in pretty decent performances, i sorta put him in the same category as lewis stevenson 'tiggerish' willing to get stuck in

No boothy is tall, lanky with dark hair. You are thinking of scott smith

I'm soooooo happy that calum has been called up, deserved it after his hard work over the past year

shamo9
09-11-2010, 03:19 PM
FFS! Enough! Reading Hibs.net is becoming more and more like BBC News 24/7, there's a loop where we'll go back and 'argue' over these dead horses.

There is no more reserve league! Young players need to be playing competitive football every week to improve. At Hibs there's a very real chance that they'd be stuck playing bounce games in their formative years. This harm outweighs any thought of their contribution helping us in the short term (6 months!)

It's nothing to do with not rating them. It's about trying to protect their future careers. Long term > short term. They'll come back to Hibs much better for the experience. They'll come back to Hibs with a much greater chance of breaking through than what they had in the first place.

.Sean.
09-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Care to elaborate?

He's an extremely good mate of mine and you're talking pish. Believe me, he realises what an opportunity he has. Have you ever even met him?

And aye, he's playing very well and enjoying himself at Brechin, but he's a good Hibby and really wants to make it here.

BEEJ
09-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Care to elaborate?

He's an extremely good mate of mine and you're talking pish. Believe me, he realises what an opportunity he has. Have you ever even met him?
I doubt that you'll get a meaningful response.

Too many opportunists on the Board of late.

The Harp
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Care to elaborate?

And aye, he's playing very well and enjoying himself at Brechin, but he's a good Hibby and really wants to make it here.

That's good to hear. Hope he gets the chance to establish himself at ER in the near future. Seems nobody is immune from criticism at the club right now.
Hibs fans in the past have always encouraged and been supportive of the youngsters on the books ... hope this isn't changing.