PDA

View Full Version : Bamba

Leith Hibee
09-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Bamba

I’m not a regular poster on here by any means but I do read it nearly every single day.
Since I play junior football most Saturdays I dont get along to watch Hibs as often as I would like. However, I find it difficult to understand how Bamba escapes criticism so easily. I thought that yesterday was extremely poor for someone who reckons he could play in the EPL. The closest he will get to there is if he visits Drogba for a week during the summer!

For 90 minutes yesterday he pretended he was a football player. He wasn’t man enough to mark Kyle at any point and was happy enough to let Kyle wander over to the fullbacks and into a position where he won almost every ball that came near him.
In the first half the only time I can remember Bamba picking Kyle up was at corners. One of which Kyle left him for dead on the 6 yard box and almost headed into our net. Bamba was not even within 5 yards of him. Also for the second goal he was too busy telling others what to do that he forgot to do his own job and get close to Bamba. He was not even in touching distance to Kyle when the ball was played and even further away when he knocked the ball down for the goal.
In my opinion he needs to take more responsibility and stop acting like a big time Charlie Potato Head! Get those fancy boots off and start doing what he should for the team.

Many on here will say he should be playing in midfield but I know from a reliable source within Easter Road that he refused to play there under Hughes incase it cost him his chances of playing for his country!

I reckon no player is bigger than the club and really wouldn’t mind if he is cashed in on in January as he aint anywhere near the player he thinks he is. He certainly cost us yesterday and at least a handful more times with his silly touches in other games.

Does anyone else think the same?

The only person I think gave anything yesterday was Wotherspoon when he came on. The only player demanding the ball, and trying to go forward in my opinion.
As far as the other go:

Brown – Not as good as I hoped he would be. Stays on his line constantly, very poor kicking. And surely once he has hit it long to Galbraith about 10times without him winning the ball once….youd think he might change his mind and go elsewhere.

Hart – Far too slow. And failing to show the experience we need from him.
How long does he need to realise Templeton wanted inside all day?

Grounds – Not all that bad but offers nothing going forward.

Hanlon – Thought he was the better of the two centre halves but this doesn’t say much as they were both nowhere to be seen with Kyle.

De Graff – Thought he was going to be a player when I first seen him. Gives the ball away constantly, wins nothing in the air or on the deck. Box to Box? Pfft! Id prefer McBride but then that leaves us without any attack from the centre of Midfield and we lack a bit of Magic/Creation in there!

Rankin- Deserved to be subbed. Shocking with nothing at all to save him. Even his delivery from set pieces managed to miss the whole box at least twice. Fails to complete a pass constantly.

Miller – Starting to get dragged down to our level and I feel that he is pulling out of challenges to save himself for a team in the summer. We know how good he can be when he is interested but after twenty minutes yesterday even he wasn’t wanting the ball from throw-ins etc.

Galbraith – How he is picked in front of Wotherspoon is a mystery. Looks uncomfortable/nervous when the ball is near him. Think he has something to prove but best used as a sub from now on.

Stevenson – Not the player he started off to be, not as sharp or willing to fight like he was when he first appeared.

Riordan – Was given a hard job yesterday playing up there on his own. Lacks someone to get him into those positions where he has one person then a shot infront of him. Knocking high balls to him aint the answer. His tackle was unacceptable though and shows why he shouldn’t be the captain.

Im only one opinion in thousands but I don’t think there will be many out there who disagree.

F*&^£$G sick of Jambos this week already! Horrible creatures.

dp00
09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Back to Kansus

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2010, 10:29 AM
An unfortunate first post, as it is almost all true.

ScottB
09-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Back to Kansus

How is what he said not true?

Or are we back to the 'if you have 100 posts or less and post anything negative your a Yam' witch hunts?

Ritchie
09-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Back to Kansus

:yawn:

Mikeystewart
09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Can be summed up in seven words things

benji, stokes, zemmama, african cup of nations

SMAXXA
09-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I dont think Bamba has escaped critisim and for one think he is as big a problem as we have in the current squad. I think there were 3 key suspects in both their goals on Sunday, Hart Bamba & Hanlon, Hanlon less so for the first but the other 2 defended shockingly, the second goal, how on earth did Bamba allow Kyle a free header from outside the box, he was 6 yeards away from him, then Hart was sleeping as it dropped and Hanlon was just as poor at trying to defend when the ball dropped.

I think thats one of the hardest things to take about the game, they didnt have to work anything special to score 2 goals and could have had more. Even when Kyle bumped into hanlon in the first half after he passed it stright to them I think we were luck to get away with it as Elliott was pretty much through.

All in all I dont think there is anyone that is above the critisism at the moment, we have average players at best, some not even that good and I for one am really worried for us this season. 16 players out of contract, that is the biggest blessing CC could have had, get rid of the lot if you ask me, Deek aside even though what he did was silly on Sunday he is still the only real quality I think we have.

Jim44
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Even if the OP was from a Jambo ( I couldn't care either way) For the most part there wasn't anything objectionable or anything we don't already know or think.

PISTOL1875
09-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Since Bamba has went back to CB then he has been nothing more than a bomescare...

Majority of times he has the ball at his feet I hold my breath to see what is coming next...

Dr Jimmy
09-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote from Jackie McNamara (sr) after Sunday in today's Sun.

"Sol Bamba will never be a centre-half. He's 6ft4 and built like a brick outhouse but he doesn't attack the ball in the air and allowed Kevin Kyle to drift away from him throughout the game.

:top marks Jackie.

SMAXXA
09-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Since Bamba has went back to CB then he has been nothing more than a bomescare...

Majority of times he has the ball at his feet I hold my breath to see what is coming next...

Did I read somewhere a while back that Hanlon and Bamba couldnt play alongside each other thats why Hughes wouldnt play them at centre half hence Hanlon at left back? Could just be imagining this tho :greengrin

Bamba should be played in the middle of the park wher eIMO he was most successful since he has been at Hibs. Dont think I will see it happen tho but recon he would give us a bit dig in the middle, infact lets go the whole hogg and play him in there with Murray and Miller.

PISTOL1875
09-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Did I read somewhere a while back that Hanlon and Bamba couldnt play alongside each other thats why Hughes wouldnt play them at centre half hence Hanlon at left back? Could just be imagining this tho :greengrin

Bamba should be played in the middle of the park wher eIMO he was most successful since he has been at Hibs. Dont think I will see it happen tho but recon he would give us a bit dig in the middle, infact lets go the whole hogg and play him in there with Murray and Miller.

I'm not sure what the exact story but I'm sure somebody will know what you mean...As far as I was aware it had something to do with Bamba having a good understanding with Stack..

Bamba should be in the middle of the park but he won't play there as the Ivory Coast don't see him as a midfielder but a center half...

SMAXXA
09-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure what the exact story but I'm sure somebody will know what you mean...As far as I was aware it had something to do with Bamba having a good understanding with Stack..

Bamba should be in the middle of the park but he won't play there as the Ivory Coast don't see him as a midfielder but a center half...

Yeah I recall hearing that aswell but im sure I heared something about him and Hanlon. For me Hanlons looked just as much a bombscare as Bamba, wonder if its a direct result of playing alongside big Sol is they dont have a good understanding. For what its worth I would be tempted to bring Hogg back in and play him alongside Murray at CH moving sol into midfield, or Murray in Midfield to add some sorley lacking dig in this team.

PISTOL1875
09-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah I recall hearing that aswell but im sure I heared something about him and Hanlon. For me Hanlons looked just as much a bombscare as Bamba, wonder if its a direct result of playing alongside big Sol is they dont have a good understanding. For what its worth I would be tempted to bring Hogg back in and play him alongside Murray at CH moving sol into midfield, or Murray in Midfield to add some sorley lacking dig in this team.

I think having a player like Bamba along side you puts you off your game.. When he was away at the African Nations Hanlon played alongside Hogg and looked a lot better.. The unpredictablity of Sol causes chaos through the defense I think..

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2010, 03:50 PM
His attitude is appalling swanning around thinking he is some sort of God.... Led to believe he had various run ins with Yogi, and would not take any responsibilty for his actions.... Don't understand how he came back into the team after going awol for pre season......

PISTOL1875
09-11-2010, 04:06 PM
His attitude is appalling swanning around thinking he is some sort of God.... Led to believe he had various run ins with Yogi, and would not take any responsibilty for his actions.... Don't understand how he came back into the team after going awol for pre season......

During the 2nd half on Sunday, he attempted to play a ball to Grounds who was on the left.. He over-hit the pass and it ended up in the stand.. He then started having a go at Grounds for not making the run.. SB obviously thinks he's better than what he is..

Hermit Crab
09-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Just another player with the mr big attitude that thinks hes bigger than the club. Drop him for a few games and see if the defence start playing with more confidence. As you said he went awol and all was forgiven far too easily.

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2010, 04:14 PM
During the 2nd half on Sunday, he attempted to play a ball to Grounds who was on the left.. He over-hit the pass and it ended up in the stand.. He then started having a go at Grounds for not making the run.. SB obviously thinks he's better than what he is..

He has always been like this...............

PISTOL1875
09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
He has always been like this...............

Another football player who blame everybody else for there own mistakes.. He should get his own game in order before he starts having a go at others...

Andy74
09-11-2010, 04:19 PM
I'd just like a couple of centre halfs from the English lower leagues that go and throw their body on the line every week against big physical players.

Sol and Dickoh as well both have the stature but they don't want to attack things and throw their body in the way of things.

sesoim
09-11-2010, 08:24 PM
To sum Bamba up: Mixu signed Bamba for peanuts as a First Division level CB. He put him in midfield and he was a revelation. Then after Hughes let him play at CB, Bamba started playing like a First Division player again.

I think Bamba is a disgrace, his attitude stinks, and CC should insist he plays in midfield. If he refuses, he should be relegated to training with the youth players until we can get shot of him.

Winston Ingram
09-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Back to Kansus

Is that no in the Wizard of Oz?:hmmm:

SurferRosa
09-11-2010, 09:37 PM
To sum Bamba up: Mixu signed Bamba for peanuts as a First Division level CB. He put him in midfield and he was a revelation. Then after Hughes let him play at CB, Bamba started playing like a First Division player again.

I think Bamba is a disgrace, his attitude stinks, and CC should insist he plays in midfield. If he refuses, he should be relegated to training with the youth players until we can get shot of him.
Agree totally. If he was to refuse to play in midfield, then he should be nowhere near the 1st team as he`s an utter liability in that back line.
Personally, i would like to see the lad Stephens in at CH, as he seems to be a very good prospect, though i accept that with Hanlon in there, it`s probably a far too inexperianced pairing..but hey ho, just a thought..!