PDA

View Full Version : ***** you're the boss *****

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
What would you do?

I would pull aside 10 players and tell them thanks guys you have proved over a period of time your simply not good enough. Bring in the Monopoly or Cluedo tomorrow as your not be working with the 1st team squad. I would negotiate their contracts end in Jan and take the finacial hit.

I would gather the remaining 16 or so players advise them Hibs is the best level they can achieve. If they leave Hibs the only way is down (with the exception of maybe 2 players) I would tell them they have 8 weeks to secure their future, I want them to be a team on and off the park I want them to be able to depend on each other. I want them to work together and put their bodies in were it hurts for each other.

If they dont do it they will be out in Jan to, there is no more than 6 out of the entire squad I would keep at this time,with some of them only being squad players.

The ones I would give a chance to only because it is all we have are

Brown and Smith neither great both okay dont make enough saves.
Hart still needs a chance
Bamba the best defender we have.
Hanlon young still learning
Grounds as he is here dont really rate him
Murray the fighter we need
Wotherspoon young still has potential
Miller dont rate him many do may get better with Murray or Bamba in midfield.
Riordan one of our best players
Nish no one else
Zemamma - broken but great talent.
Stephens not had a chance
Stevenson looks hurt and wants to fight.

I can't think of anymore, we really are that poor.

I know it is not really possible and there are 50 reasons not to do that, but with 16 players out of contract Hibs have a great carrot to go with the stick.

What would you do?

Sylar
08-11-2010, 07:06 PM
What would you do?

I would pull aside 10 players and tell them thanks guys you have proved over a period of time your simply not good enough. Bring in the Monopoly or Cluedo tomorrow as your not be working with the 1st team squad. I would negotiate their contracts end in Jan and take the finacial hit.

I would gather the remaining 16 or so players advise them Hibs is the best level they can achieve. If they leave Hibs the only way is down (with the exception of maybe 2 players) I would tell them they have 8 weeks to secure their future, I want them to be a team on and off the park I want them to be able to depend on each other. I want them to work together and put their bodies in were it hurts for each other.

If they dont do it they will be out in Jan to, there is no more than 6 out of the entire squad I would keep at this time,with some of them only being squad players.

Nish no one else

I know it is not really possible and there are 50 reasons not to do that, but with 16 players out of contract Hibs have a great carrot to go with the stick.

What would you do?

Resign :agree:

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Okay I will talk to myself

Ignoring my above post this would be the team I would play on Wednesday

**********Brown

Hart *************** Grounds
*******Stephens Hanlon
**********Bamba
McBride Miller Wotherspoon Murray
**********Trakys

Pray for the 0 - 0

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
The story so far !
How you doing mate, I played golf with you last week (Sammy) thanks again for the game. :greengrin

Brando7
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
no bother turning up n take a 3-0 forfit score :greengrin

In 2 minds about going on Wednesday, be better with the scotlands 4-6-0 formation n hope for a 0-0

Sylar
08-11-2010, 07:29 PM
The story so far !
How you doing mate, I played golf with you last week (Sammy) thanks again for the game. :greengrin

Hey Sammy - I recognised the user-name, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with the cheeky response :wink:

In all seriousness, I can't see any easy solution for Calderwood - there are so many problems just now it's hard to know where to start.

We need a mature head to balance the youth and experience our team is loaded with - we don't have anyone like that. We need to identify multiple ways of generating attacks, as we look far too one dimensional just now. We need to learn to work as a unit, as right now, we're a collection of ego-loaded individuals.

Nothing appears to be working, and I don't see any players who are capable of adding the extra ingredient to help us out just now.

I didn't envy Calderwood when he took over - having seen exactly how the players haven't responded, I certainly don't envy him now.

He MUST turn it around, but quite how is another question....

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
The season is already write off, just need to avoid a relegation battle.

Always golf next season instead of season ticket :wink: lets face it I need the practise. :greengrin

PeeJay
08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
What would you do?

I don't think I personally have the knowledge or the ability to put a team together and give the correct tactics et al, but I would punt BAMBA first TBH ...:cool2:
... and your statement concerning the Mighty Bamba rules you out of the job as well IMO such as it is :greengrin

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't think I personally have the knowledge or the ability to put a team together and give the correct tactics et al, but I would punt BAMBA first TBH ...:cool2:
... and your statement concerning the Mighty Bamba rules you out of the job as well IMO such as it is :greengrin

:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:
okay I withdraw my application :greengrin:greengrin

But would interested to know who you think is better :confused:

yekimevol
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
**********Brown
*******bamba Hanlon
**********murray
Wotherspoon Miller Stevenson
******Trakys * * dickov / stephens (for a targetman witchever has the best ball controll)

PeeJay
08-11-2010, 08:43 PM
:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:
okay I withdraw my application :greengrin:greengrin

But would interested to know who you think is better :confused:

I've actually spent 5 whole minutes trying to think of an answer to this, but I've had to give up...I think you were maybe right after all .. we're really in big trouble then :titanic:...maybe you should apply after all - you can have my vote :not worth

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Application back on the table :greengrin

sesoim
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Okay I will talk to myself

Ignoring my above post this would be the team I would play on Wednesday

**********Brown

*******Stephens Hanlon
**********Bamba
Wotherspoon McBride Miller Murray
**********Trakys

Pray for the 0 - 0

I'd pretty much go with that team, apart from the CB pairing - just a wee bit too risky playing them together at Ibrox.

I would also negotiate to get rid of most of the 15 out-of-contracters in January as you said. Only Riordan and Zemmamma are worth putting in any effort to keep out of that lot. But we need to have a few replacements lined up first obviously.

At least this January's transfer window wont be boring!

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 09:42 PM
What would you do?

Nish no one else

What would you do?

Clearly you haven't been to many games since he has been playing at the back.. He is nothing more than a bomescare...

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Clearly you haven't been to many games since he has been playing at the back.. He is nothing more than a bomescare...

I am a season ticket holder, if he is not our best defender please name two better defenders :confused:

stubru59
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM
I am a season ticket holder, if he is not our best defender please name two better defenders :confused:

Best and better relative to what?

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Best and better relative to what?

Sorry did you miss my post ?
I said I would only keep 6 players and some of them would only be squad players.

I said within that squad Bamba is the best defender.

PISTOL 1875 suggested he was not and was a bombscare I asked Pistol to name a better defender in our current squad and it has gone quiet :confused:

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Sorry did you miss my post ?
I said I would only keep 6 players and some of them would only be squad players.

I said within that squad Bamba is the best defender.

PISTOL 1875 suggested he was not and was a bombscare I asked Pistol to name a better defender in our current squad and it has gone quiet :confused:

1. Paul Hanlon
2. Ian Murray

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 10:18 PM
1. Paul Hanlon
2. Ian Murray

I take it you have not been to many games this season :wink:

Murray is a great who I like but has lost what pace he had he has been exposed time after time by pace and is a weak link at left back needs to be sweeper or holding midfielder now. Hanlon is a young boy and is still bullied and NO WHERE near the finished article and is is silly to compare him to Bamba at this time.

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I take it you have not been to many games this season :wink:

Murray is a great who I like but has lost what pace he had he has been exposed time after time by pace and is a weak link at left back needs to be sweeper or holding midfielder now. Hanlon is a young boy and is still bullied and NO WHERE near the finished article and is is silly to compare him to Bamba at this time.

Hanlon is far better than Bamba.. He has a better footballing brain for a start. When PH has the ball , we all don't hold our breaths waiting to see what he's gonna do next like with SB..

Murray is the leader we all need just now.. Wears his heart on his sleeve and could quite easily and should take the place of SB on wednesday night...

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Hanlon is far better than Bamba.. He has a better footballing brain for a start. When PH has the ball , we all don't hold our breaths waiting to see what he's gonna do next like with SB..

Murray is the leader we all need just now.. Wears his heart on his sleeve and could quite easily and should take the place of SB on wednesday night...

We will have to agree to disagree Murray could play sweeper not CH not commanding enough, I think his best postion now would be holding midfielder.

Hanlon has made several mistakes this season that have led to goals and although not his fault watch his effort at Hearts 1st goal on Sunday. Great potential but that's all it is at present.

Bamba is commanding and full of commitmenthe wont be bullied. Yes he gets pulled out of postion at times but I think he trying to do too much. He can try to play too much football in tight postions but I cant recall him being caught in possession leading to a goal this season.

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
We will have to agree to disagree Murray could play sweeper not CH not commanding enough, I think his best postion now would be holding midfielder.

Hanlon has made several mistakes this season that have led to goals and although not his fault watch his effort at Hearts 1st goal on Sunday. Great potential but that's all it is at present.

Bamba is commanding and full of commitmenthe wont be bullied. Yes he gets pulled out of postion at times but I think he trying to do too much. He can try to play too much football in tight postions but I cant recall him being caught in possession leading to a goal this season.

Did you see Sol's effort at the first goal?? He had more time than Hanlon to make a tackle but didn't want to.. Bamba is a bombscare.. The vast majority of HIbs fans think so and he must be replaced.. Doing dragbacks in your own area FFS

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Did you see Sol's effort at the first goal?? He had more time than Hanlon to make a tackle but didn't want to.. Bamba is a bombscare.. The vast majority of HIbs fans think so and he must be replaced.. Doing dragbacks in your own area FFS

Dont know where or when you conducted your poll but all the Hibs fans I know would have him in the team and most if not all would agree he is the best defender in our squad.

madabouthibs
08-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Obviously we need to try something different.

.........................Brown.................... ...

Harte...........Hanlon...Stephens............Groun ds

Spoons............McBride...Murray.............Ste venson

........................Bamba....Trakys........... ........

Or maybe swap Murray and Bamba. :agree:

A bit of strength up front and in the centre of midfield.

Sammy7nil
08-11-2010, 11:16 PM
BAMBA did not have his finest hour on Sunday I agree :cool2:

The_Horde
08-11-2010, 11:25 PM
If i was the manager the first thing i would do is put Murray at left back with Stevenson in front of him.

I'd then put Mcbride back in the middle of the park as he doesn't hide and is always looking for the ball, even when having a shocker.

I might contemplate putting Hogg and Bamba in beside each other and dropping Hanlon, potential he might have, but in these times we don't need someone whos head is going to drop so easily.

Ken
08-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Brown

Hart Hogg Hanlon Grounds

Wotherspoon Bamba McBride Lewis

Valdas Riordan

That team is miles better on paper than anyone in the bottom 6, since everyone has their relegation hat on.

For the huns game Miller to come in for Riordan and play 4-5-1