PDA

View Full Version : Grounds

Littlest Hobo
08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
On a more positive note, I noticed this fella can fair throw a ball quite a distance.
We could maybe use that to our advantage if we ever get anywhere near our opponents box that is.

Anyone else notice this?

Mr Jolly
08-11-2010, 06:35 PM
On a more positive note, I noticed this fella can fair throw a ball quite a distance.
We could maybe use that to our advantage if we ever get anywhere near our opponents box that is.

Anyone else notice this?

Wonderfull, Im sure his ball throwing skills will get us out the mess we are in.......:boo hoo:

Jim44
08-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Is he definitely staying at ER or is Mowbray still looking to take him back to 'Boro?

HibeeMcGinn1
08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Is he definitely staying at ER or is Mowbray still looking to take him back to 'Boro?

Will be here to January.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Will be here to January.

I hope not!

Woody1985
08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
He needs a bit more confidence to take the ball up the line when he picks it up in our half, a bit more urgency and he'd be half decent.

LaMotta
08-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Its great that he can throw the ball for miles, I'm a bit concerned about his inability to kick the ball properly though.

3pm
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
He can piss off. Good contribution to their 2nd goal yesterday.

Dirkster23
08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
He can piss off. Good contribution to their 2nd goal yesterday.

Surely you mean Hart?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Surely you mean Hart?

Yes him as well

3pm
08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
No I don't. Hart certainly at fault but watch the replay and follow Stephen Elliott.

Dirkster23
08-11-2010, 07:53 PM
No I don't. Hart certainly at fault but watch the replay and follow Stephen Elliott.

I know what your saying but there were bigger mistakes than his. Bamba didn't even jump with Kyle, then Hart totally switches off. If either of them had done their job the goal would never have been scored.

3pm
08-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I know what your saying but there were bigger mistakes than his. Bamba didn't even jump with Kyle, then Hart totally switches off. If either of them had done their job the goal would never have been scored.

I agree - but Grounds can't assume Bamba will beat Kyle in the air.

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Its great that he can throw the ball for miles, I'm a bit concerned about his inability to kick the ball properly though.

Correct. He can take the door, with a good few others TBH. He canny pass a ball.

Prof. Shaggy
08-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Goal-saving tackle, first half.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Deemed not good enough for a terrible Middlesborough team. Certainly not good enough for Hibs. Calderwood should send him back asap.

DH1875
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
It was a stupid move in the first place. Seriously what is the point in bringing him in for 6 months just to send Booth out on loan.

Hiber-nation
08-11-2010, 08:45 PM
He needs a bit more confidence to take the ball up the line when he picks it up in our half, a bit more urgency and he'd be half decent.

Agree, he's definitely got ability but seems to lack confidence. Has a wee touch of the Murphs on rare occasions then disappears.

Mr Jolly
08-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Hibs need two full backs and a centre half badly !! I prey he drops Bamba and plays Hogg and hanlon on wednesday night.

truehibernian
09-11-2010, 06:37 AM
I must have been watching a different game totally.

I mentioned in another thread, I am baffled all the time how poor Hibs are from "shys" as I still call them. Grounds never found a Hibs player all game putting one down the line, neither did Hart. Each and every time it was easy peasy lemon squeezy for Hearts players to get on the end of them.

For me Grounds was even poorer than in Perth. Slow, needs a second touch at all times, pace not that good, and not that impressive a defender. Closed down far too easily and tried ridiculous crossfield balls, when the easier and more simple outball was Lewis, in space, on his own flank. That is also why Derek was becoming frustrated first half, as the ball was getting pinged towards Danny all game.

Grounds for me was awful though.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Hart's keech - that was very clear at Tannadeechee. The basics seem beyond him.

Well done again Yogi - was that another betamax video you watched?!?

Mr Jolly
09-11-2010, 08:16 AM

Bamba coulnt get a wet newspaper under his feet when he jumps for a ball !!! Im hoping Calderwood will see this and get Hogg, who is not the long term answer, playing alongside Hanlon for Ibrox.

LancsHibs
09-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Hart's keech - that was very clear at Tannadeechee. The basics seem beyond him.

Well done again Yogi - was that another betamax video you watched?!?

Well I did say at the time of signing that all Preston fans I spoke to down here were to a man, glad to see him go, but nobody listened!! I think folk were just pleased we were signing a RB and remembered his name from a few years back:cool2:

Mr Jolly
09-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Well I did say at the time of signing that all Preston fans I spoke to down here were to a man, glad to see him go, but nobody listened!! I think folk were just pleased we were signing a RB and remembered his name from a few years back:cool2:

Let's face it, If Hart was any good he would not have been allowed to leave Preston !!!