PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

KWJ
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Along with Riordan, who blew it in the last 2 mins, was the only one who showed the required commitment and hard but fair attitude on the pitch yesterday. He also rarely gave the ball away and played one good ball into the D.

Saw somebody post saying that he was amongst the shirkers yesterday along with Rankin and Miller and I felt the need to back him up. I even saw the lad winning headers against the Hearts heffers.

He's not the most talented we have but he deserves to keep his left mid spot where as Miller, Rankin, De Graaf and Galbraith need to be replaced with Murray + 3.

Keep it up Lewis and you may win more over and deserve a new contract.

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I would agree with that.

He ran out of steam a little, hardly surprising, but he closed down space first half and but for some urgency and decent vision, could have been found a few times down the flank. Didn't hide either and always available. Didn't help his cause that Grounds continually looked for a crossfield pass, rather than the simple ball to Lewis on the touchline.

In fact he was the only one in my book who came out with any form of passmark.

keep the faith
08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Along with Riordan, who blew it in the last 2 mins, was the only one who showed the required commitment and hard but fair attitude on the pitch yesterday. He also rarely gave the ball away and played one good ball into the D.

Saw somebody post saying that he was amongst the shirkers yesterday along with Rankin and Miller and I felt the need to back him up. I even saw the lad winning headers against the Hearts heffers.

He's not the most talented we have but he deserves to keep his left mid spot where as Miller, Rankin, De Graaf and Galbraith need to be replaced with Murray + 3.

Glad this point has been made. Lewis was the only man with any fight yesterday.

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 03:28 PM
The question I was asking after the game yesterday was -- where has he been for so long ?? Surely you would rather have him in the team ahead of others ???

hibeenicol
08-11-2010, 03:31 PM

Have to agree with that but I also thought de graaf played alright in the first half.

mentalhibee
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I agree, good fight from Stevenson. He needs more confidence though, best of a very bad bunch!

essexhibee
08-11-2010, 03:37 PM

I agree well said.

He played with heart and determination and i think he at least is trying to take his chance in the first team by actually giving a **** and putting some effort in.

I like the lad, really hoping he keeps it up and gets back to the form like that day in 2007 when he was class.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I agree, good fight from Stevenson. He needs more confidence though, best of a very bad bunch!

I don't see this? He certainly gives effort, but is continually bullied and is weak in the tackle. He fails to create anything and plays the ball backwards most of the time. He has little pace, so cant go past a player. Effort apart, what does he give the team? He's not the only one though, that question could be put to the majority of that lot.

Kaiser1962
08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
The question I was asking after the game yesterday was -- where has he been for so long ?? Surely you would rather have him in the team ahead of others ???

He was getting screamed at by our fans everytime the ball came anywhere near him. His confidence was shot.

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't see this? He certainly gives effort, but is continually bullied and is weak in the tackle. He fails to create anything and plays the ball backwards most of the time. He has little pace, so cant go past a player. Effort apart, what does he give the team? He's not the only one though, that question could be put to the majority of that lot.

Don't agree with him being weak in the tackle BH.. He just about put Ian Black out of the game near the end.. He lost control of the ball which inturn led to IB being the favourite to win it and he ploughed through him and won the ball back.. Balck was down for a few moments after that...

Houchy
08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I have to say that I'd like to keep Lewis at ER:agree:. If he's one on the ones whose contracts are up, I'd like to see him offered a new one:agree:.

Does anyone know how McCannavaro is getting on at ICT? Is he still injured?

KWJ
08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I have to say that I'd like to keep Lewis at ER:agree:. If he's one on the ones whose contracts are up, I'd like to see him offered a new one:agree:.

He's looked good every time I've seen him and scored a peach against Dundee Utd.

superfurryhibby
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
In thought he did well enough yesterday. At least I norticed he was present and on the pitch. The same could not be said for Rankin and De GRaff. The point one poster made about Grounds not passing up the line could be extended upon. I reckon I only saw Ground s in their half once in the game, a failed run at the defence in the final minutes.

Stevenson, keep up the effort!

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 03:56 PM

I think HIbs should give him a new deal as well.. Still got a lot to offer..

RoscoHibby
08-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Thought Lewis was the only bright point yesterday, well, no even that bright. But if the rest followed his example of getting tore right in, we might not have seen such a tepid display, which, if we're honest, made hearts look better than they actually are.

Was great to see him goin right through Ian Black a few times towards the end, cant actually mind the last time I seen someone in a hibs shirt do that in a derby. Or any other fcking game for that matter :bitchy:

GreenPJ
08-11-2010, 04:11 PM

There were another two in addition to the Black tackle that he should not have won but did.

There was also occassion in the second half where he was far forward and we lost the ball (again). Riordan had about 8 yards on him but went past him like he was not there to track back and slow up the Hearts player and Riordan subsequently put in the tackle.

I think Lewis has benefitted from having 2 or 3 games on the bounce and looks as if he has lost the excess weight he was carrying. We need grafters just now and he is one of them so a keep in my book.

Long suffering
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I would certainly agree he tries hard, that much was evident especially against dundee utd last week, however aside from the fact hes a hibs youngster brought through the system and so on, hes simply not good enough and not noe who should get a renewed contact IMO

Hfc_Since1875
08-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I think he has been really good the last few games!
Would like to see a midfield for rangers of :

Wotherspoon Murray Miller Stevenson Galbraith

Bit of strength with murray in the middle

archiebald
08-11-2010, 04:24 PM
There were another two in addition to the Black tackle that he should not have won but did.

There was also occassion in the second half where he was far forward and we lost the ball (again). Riordan had about 8 yards on him but went past him like he was not there to track back and slow up the Hearts player and Riordan subsequently put in the tackle.

I think Lewis has benefitted from having 2 or 3 games on the bounce and looks as if he has lost the excess weight he was carrying. We need grafters just now and he is one of them so a keep in my book.
Never will be the same player he was,1st division is his limit.

HibbyAndy
08-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Yip id agree with all that, Thought he was one of better players yesterday.

euro Hibby
08-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Lewis suffers from being in a team with low confidence levels. Whilest not blessed with great ability, he worked hard yesterday and was in my view the most present in a light weight midfield. By far not the worst.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Never will be the same player he was,1st division is his limit.

So you're saying we should keep him for next year? :dunno::wink:

archiebald
08-11-2010, 04:41 PM
We are all being nice to the so called home grown talent again :grr:

ForrieGreen
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I do believe that Stevenson is not the most talented player in the squad but yesterday he tried much harder and showed us the player that we want to see every week. I also think De Graff picked up his game slightly and battled at some points of the match. Where as Danny Galbraith who usually is causing the opponents defence problems didn't perform to his full potential, may be because he is a hearts fan, but I hope he can step it up against rangers because I do think he is a great wee player, he seems to play better when brought on from the bench.

Dirkster23
08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Lewis suffers from being in a team with low confidence levels. Whilest not blessed with great ability, he worked hard yesterday and was in my view the most present in a light weight midfield. By far not the worst.

And the others benefit from this?!?

I thought he was posted missing like the rest of the team yesterday. Ok, a good crunching tackle on Black, but lets not get carried away that he's the future of the Hibs midfield.

PaulSmith
08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I think he has been really good the last few games!
Would like to see a midfield for rangers of :

Wotherspoon Murray Miller Stevenson Galbraith

Bit of strength with murray in the middle

Would still get over run against most SPL sides. It would be Iain Murray V 4 or 5, the rest couldn't fight to save their lives.

1two
08-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I mentioned on another thread I think de graaf was the only one out of 2 or 3 who looked like they gave a ****

Ollie75
08-11-2010, 05:00 PM
De Graaf always looks like he's giving 100%, just a shame he's not great with a football! Lewis was good yesterday and to his credit was one of a very small few who went into the lounge after the game and took alot of stick from fans, takes a bit of character to stand there and take abuse from fans after a game like that.

euro Hibby
08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
nobody says lewis is the future of the Hibs midfield. In the cup final he was being tipped as one for the future and has just lost his way and maybe needs another environment to develop. Most folk are just saying he was better than most.....

Winston Ingram
08-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I think the boys a player. Plenty dig and technically very good. He's been pissed about by all since Collins. The fact that Rankin was rated higher by the previous incumbents of the managers hot seat probably explains why they are no longer in it:agree:

Long suffering
08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
De Graaf always looks like he's giving 100%, just a shame he's not great with a football! Lewis was good yesterday and to his credit was one of a very small few who went into the lounge after the game and took alot of stick from fans, takes a bit of character to stand there and take abuse from fans after a game like that.

who else was in the lounge? did any players say much?