PDA

View Full Version : Do they really think so much of themselves

vahibbie
08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Our players that is:bitchy:

They seem to have taken Yogi's departure and CC's appointment completely in their collective stride and not one bit of extra effort has been expended.
Is it not usually the norm that when a new manager comes in the squad at least tries to lift their game, even a struggling squad. It might not last, in some cases it does, but for the first few games at least there seems to be a general lift.
Are our players so into themselves they see no need to show the new guy what they can do? Is the work ethic so bad and ingrained at ER that they really don't give a f'k.
It is a little worrying that CC has not been able to at least get some more fight out of them. I'm hoping that they are actually lazy, toothless wage thieves and CC can start the dismantling job any time he likes.

Mr Jolly
08-11-2010, 01:59 PM

They seem to have taken Yogi's departure and CC's appointment completely in their collective stride and not one bit of extra effort has been expended.
Is it not usually the norm that when a new manager comes in the squad at least tries to lift their game, even a struggling squad. It might not last, in some cases it does, but for the first few games at least there seems to be a general lift.
Are our players so into themselves they see no need to show the new guy what they can do? Is the work ethic so bad and ingrained at ER that they really don't give a f'k.
It is a little worrying that CC has not been able to at least get some more fight out of them. I'm hoping that they are actually lazy, toothless wage thieves and CC can start the dismantling job any time he likes.

Watching Miller is hard. He struts around doing nothing. He thinks he is great. Bamba is the same. His head is filled with nonsense about playing in the EPL, its laughable. Some of the players are getting away with murder at training as well. I would gut the majority of them out. This spineless bunch will take hibs down and they wouldt care in the slightest.

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Sol Bamba thinks he's a football player.. Maybe he should come up and sit next to me at the home game because he's murder...

He causes more bad than good I'm afraid...

greenlex
08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Watching Miller is hard. He struts around doing nothing. He thinks he is great. Bamba is the same. His head is filled with nonsense about playing in the EPL, its laughable. Some of the players are getting away with murder at training as well. I would gut the majority of them out. This spineless bunch will take hibs down and they wouldt care in the slightest.
Can you expand a bit on the training part?

Mr Jolly
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Can you expand a bit on the training part?

Players have been walking off midway through session and some are simply not putting in the effort. Also, if they know they have a hard session planned for the next day, some were complaining with pulls and strains etc to get out of it. This certainly was happening when JH was in charge.

Mr Jolly
08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Sol Bamba thinks he's a football player.. Maybe he should come up and sit next to me at the home game because he's murder...

He causes more bad than good I'm afraid...

Well said mate.....My hearts in my mouth when he has the ball at his feet !!! He cant even header a ball properly !!! We have been needing a centre half since Jones left and Canning was foolishly allowed to leave.

ahibby
08-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Yogi brought in Duffy because we badly need a box player. Nish is out and Zemama who whether we like it or not is probably the best player we have at opening teams up are both out. We don't have the right balance now. Yogi might have done the wrong thing bringing Hart, Trakys and De Graf in but with his budget perhaps they were the best he could get. Calderwood has to find better and I hope if that takes a bit more cash than Yogi had, the board finds it for him. It looks as though we have the wrong players to work together at the moment but as players mature and others come back you just never know, on current form though you have to suggest we bring in better than we have.

essexhibee
08-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Spot on. :top marks

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Well said mate.....My hearts in my mouth when he has the ball at his feet !!! He cant even header a ball properly !!! We have been needing a centre half since Jones left and Canning was foolishly allowed to leave.

Im sure the same could be said for all of us.. His ball distribution is terrible..How many times did he make a mess of a simple pass yesterday and infact for most of the season ??? The quicker he gets out of defence the better for me...

Hamish
08-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Didn't think we looked anywhere near the expected fitness levels of a SPL team yesterday. Hearts were maybe 8/9 times out of 10 quicker to the ball and even at 2-0 when we should have been pressing them back, they looked more likely to get a 3rd.

Dreadful game for the neutral, coming soon after a dreadful Bigot Brothers game -Sky will be impressed with the value for money they are getting. Also what Reilly, Stanton etc thought of that I dread to think

Beefster
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM

I was taking you seriously until you implied that Canning is a better player than Bamba.