PDA

View Full Version : So out of the two starting 11's yesterday...

Ell_Chrisso
08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
What would your team selection be, had you to form one?

My point being is that, we are supposed to be up compete-ing with the likes of Hearts/Motherwell/Dundee Utd etc.. and you would be lucky if most of our players made there way into any of the 3 teams named.

Mines would be

Kello

Hart Bamba Zaliukas Palazuelos

Templeton Skacel Jonnson Riordan

Kyle Elliot

Hate to name these players together. But i also hate the fact that i know myself that they are by far a better squad than we are....

Thoughts?

Hibees07
08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
What would your team selection be, had you to form one?

My point being is that, we are supposed to be up compete-ing with the likes of Hearts/Motherwell/Dundee Utd etc.. and you would be lucky if most of our players made there way into any of the 3 teams named.

Mines would be

Kello

Hart Bamba Zaliukas Palazuelos

Templeton Skacel Jonnson Riordan

Kyle Elliot

Hate to name these players together. But i also hate the fact that i know myself that they are by far a better squad than we are....

Thoughts?

Based on yesterday Michael Hart would be nowhere near that team, he was awful and is a totally different player to the one who played for Aberdeen. Riordan did nothing during the game and Bamba wasn't great but would probably have the edge on Bouzid.

Its pretty depressing but only Bamba & Brown for me, the rest would be yams. :boo hoo:

Ell_Chrisso
08-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Based on yesterday Michael Hart would be nowhere near that team, he was awful and is a totally different player to the one who played for Aberdeen. Riordan did nothing during the game and Bamba wasn't great but would probably have the edge on Bouzid.

Its pretty depressing but only Bamba & Brown for me, the rest would be yams. :boo hoo:

Yeah im in total agreement with the Hart remark. However i do think Bouzid is murder. So i wouldnt have him im my squad. But thats being picky tbh. Even with the Green glasses on.

Riordan on his day is class. But he needs to be in a team that will supply him the ball more in the right positions to be able to produce. Bamba is about the only stand-out player we have. And even he has his Hibee moments!

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
They were better in every single position. No question, no debate.

They were solid at the back as they have a far more settled and organised base.

Midfield, even wearing a wrist cast, Black dominated. How can a player smaller than Frodo dominate, I don't know.....but he did. Broke up play, dug in, battled.

Kyle did a lot of the horrible parts of football. Challenging lost causes, putting his head in where it literally hurt, bullying Hanlon (so easy to do it's painful to watch).

Elliott wasn't in the game, but was where you want your penalty box striker.

Not one of our lads would have got into a mixed team. They were superior in every way sadly. As they always do of late, they wanted it more and our lads were like rabbits in headlights. We play with fear in derbies now. We go out not wanting to lose, rather than striding out knowing we will win (if that makes any sense)

SaudiHibby
08-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Slightly away from topic but I would base any "Edinburgh Team" around the younger lads we both have and add some steel. So Brown, Hanlon, Grounds, Wotherspoon, Deek (?) and Galbraith along with Templeton, Elliot and perhaps Jonsonn would be starters for 10.