PDA

View Full Version : When are we allowed to start slagging Calderwood?

vla_di_vla
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Or is it a case of being like Tories and being able to blame all our ills on the previous incumbents?

Must say 3 games in and I'm not too impressed with some of his decisions so far. Surely it doesn't take long to realise that Deeks will never be able to lead the line in his life. (Or lead men for that matter). He can't play with his back to goal. Esp against 4 giants ffs. Our tactics yesterday consisted of lumping it to either de graaf or galbraith and it was just coming straight back. I watched Killie destroy Hearts by playing football from the back which is the only way to play against them. We played right into the hands of an ordinary Hearts team yesterday which makes it even worse. One thing in CC's favour was his use of subs which he used to fix his mistakes. Let's see if he's learned anything but you can't be too hard on him cause im not sure if Mourinho could sort our lot out.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 01:15 PM
please :troll:

James70
08-11-2010, 01:19 PM
After he has lost his first 6 games in a row which is very possible given the mess we are in.

Green_one
08-11-2010, 01:19 PM
you can't be too hard on him cause im not sure if Mourinho could sort our lot out.

Think you have answered your own question. Until he has managed to get some of his own players in he is stuck with those he has, which are frankly the poorest bunch for years. I think some have already left the club in their heads.

Until after January the guy in basically just trying to keep us afloat.

Mikeystewart
08-11-2010, 01:23 PM
This time next year, when player contracts have ran out and CC has brought his own players and idea in.

Hibees07
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
What surprised me with yesterday's selection was the choice of a midget midfield against a physical team like Hearts.

I hindsight I wonder if a Midfield of Wotherspoon, McBride, Miller & Murray would have competed better. Galbrath & Riordan could have played up top.

Come to think of it, that looks a decent midfield if I don't say so myself. :wink:

CC are you reading this!

greenlex
08-11-2010, 02:48 PM
If Murray isn't deployed in Midfield next game then I will be a bit puzzled.

M11BMO
08-11-2010, 02:48 PM
He may well have suffered 3 defeats but I don't blame him in the slightest. He's inherited what I believe to be the worst crop of players since we were relegated.

As previous posts states: When he gets the dead wood out and brings in some of his own players that's when the jury will be out.

Killiehibbie
08-11-2010, 02:50 PM
A month ago after reading about the way he sets his teams out to play.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I thought his team selection yesterday was terrible. There you go probably the first one.

Dunbar Hibee
08-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I thought his team selection yesterday was terrible. There you go probably the first one.

We don't have much to work with, tbh.

Keith_M
08-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Actually, I agree.

How many games does it take to realise that Rankin is a waste of a jersey? Hopefully, it's 2 and a half. As previously mentioned, the midfield is still far too lightweight and he could at least shuffle the pack a little to do something about it. Finally, Riordan as a lone target man... I don't think so.

The least we can expect, though, is that he starts to recognise some of the issues and addresses them. He has also only had three full games so far and it may be he wants to give the current 'first picks' a chance to show their worth. At least, that's what I keep telling myself :greengrin

PeeJay
08-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Or is it a case of being like Tories and being able to blame all our ills on the previous incumbents?

Must say 3 games in and I'm not too impressed with some of his decisions so far. Surely it doesn't take long to realise that Deeks will never be able to lead the line in his life. (Or lead men for that matter). He can't play with his back to goal. Esp against 4 giants ffs. Our tactics yesterday consisted of lumping it to either de graaf or galbraith and it was just coming straight back. I watched Killie destroy Hearts by playing football from the back which is the only way to play against them. We played right into the hands of an ordinary Hearts team yesterday which makes it even worse. One thing in CC's favour was his use of subs which he used to fix his mistakes. Let's see if he's learned anything but you can't be too hard on him cause im not sure if Mourinho could sort our lot out.

How about each time we get beat and play terribly? 3 games 3 defeats: no progress - why would anyone not want to criticise? :confused:

ahibby
08-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I am not saying that those who have said Calderwood has made mistakes already are wrong, but I think we have to allow him mistakes this early in. I think it will take him a few more games to realise the full situation concerning his pool. I also feel he should appoint a number two sooner than later because he has a lot of work on his hands. The appointment of a good number two is vital. I hope he comes good and as he realises the full set of problems he faces he doesn't waiver.

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2010, 03:37 PM
And what would that achieve?

Blaming the manager each time lets the players off the hook for whatever goes on.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 03:40 PM
We don't have much to work with, tbh.

Very true, so it makes it even more important you get the team selection right, and imho he didn't. That midfield he picked was awful. Not nearly enough battling qualities, far too lightweight and little creativity. Its is difficult especially as you say we dont have much to work with, but what he did pick was virtually surrendering the middle of the park. And one up front. :bitchy:

IFONLY
08-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Personally I would wait until he gets rid of Evans and Stevenson who in my opinion were part of the previous problem and till he gets his own man in, then we may see what he is made of.

Kaiser1962
08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Its started.

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Personally I would wait until he gets rid of Evans and Stevenson who in my opinion were part of the previous problem and till he gets his own man in, then we may see what he is made of.

Stevenson didn't work with the first team before, he was a youth team coach. He's only been helping out with the first team since Yogi and Rice left.

CallumLaidlaw
08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I can't blame him for going with riordan alone up front. It shows how short of options we are. At least he
made the subs that we were probably all thinking.

stubru59
08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
We floated between poor and average according to Calderwood. I never spotted the average part.

PeeJay
08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I can't blame him for going with riordan alone up front. It shows how short of options we are. At least he
made the subs that we were probably all thinking.

But surely he has to also impress on the team that they have to then get the ball to Riordan - no ball, no game - or is three weeks not enough time to get part 2 of the tactic through to them?:confused:

bawheid
08-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Yep, let's get the 90% polls up and running. Why wait 12-18 months when we could get rid of this one in super-quick time?

Who next? Martin O'Neill's still out of work. Could we tempt Vincente del Bosque to leave his job and come to the mighty Hibees?

Or...we could realise that it's not all the manager, and actually never has been.

hibee-shtuggie
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
This time next year, when player contracts have ran out and CC has brought his own players and idea in.
correct

Kaiser1962
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Yep, let's get the 90% polls up and running. Why wait 12-18 months when we could get rid of this one in super-quick time?

Who next? Martin O'Neill's still out of work. Could we tempt Vincente del Bosque to leave his job and come to the mighty Hibees?

Or...we could realise that it's not all the manager, and actually never has been.

If you are saying its about the players then I agree with you. I

ahibby
08-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I am not sure that getting the ball to Riordan was the answer. In among four hefty defenders he would stand little chance. IMO we had to come through the middle with the ball in numbers yesterday and it didn't happen any where near often enough.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2010, 04:05 PM
CC has got to be given a decent chance before people can start taking pot shots at him directly. I have faith and belive he will turn this around.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I am not sure that getting the ball to Riordan was the answer. In among four hefty defenders he would stand little chance. IMO we had to come through the middle with the ball in numbers yesterday and it didn't happen any where near often enough.

:agree: I believe thats because that midfield we picked yesterday is the worst midfield in the SPL.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't think we can blame the manager for the current situation.

I was very vocal about my dislike of Yogi and the way his team played, i blamed him for the performances and results. Maybe i was wrong and it wasn't his fault. Despite Calderwood making changes to the shape and, to some extent, the personnel it's still total garbage.

There is a serious problem at ER. For some reason we have no team spirit. Going out to the boozer together might seem like togetherness but it's no use if you won't help each other out on the park. Roy Keane hated half his team mates at Man Utd but he would have run over broken glass to protect them in a game, they would have done the same for him. That's team spirit.

The players and, for too long, some of the fans seem to have accepted mediocrity. We are never going to win the league but good cup runs and 3rd place should be acheivable. When you look at the SPL budgets it should be a straight scrap between us and the yams for 3rd every year. Instead we are in a relegation battle, and make no mistake we most certainly can go down. It's just not good enough and the players have to take responsibility. Ok they might not be technically brilliant but that doesn't stop them giving 100% effort and making up for lack of talent in hard work and commitment. The fact we can potentially get shot of 16 players in the summer is a great thing IMO, it means we can bring in players and rebuild the whole mentality at the club from scratch. I just hope the wastes of space currently masquerading as our 1st team have enough professional pride to make sure we don't start the rebuilding in the 1st Division.

cwilliamson85
08-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I would say now.

Rankin taking set pieces (he cant pick a player out or get the ball into the danger area so stop him taking them)

Riordan as the lone striker and trying to play high balls to him - SHOCKING!

Derek Riordan as captain is a crazy choice also. Everybody knows he is a hot head and I was surprised he last so long yesterday without getting sent / taken off.

Playing Liam Miller - That boy should get a job in Vegas with the vanishing acts he pulls during games. Also when you are 1-0 down and need to up the tempo this idiot plays the ball back to keeper 99 times out of 100. Also was scared of every 50/50 yesterday.

ahibby
08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
:agree: I believe thats because that midfield we picked yesterday is the worst midfield in the SPL.

Could we have put out a better midfield? I suppose Murray could have come in but maybe the manager thought that players who should be match fit were a better option?

bawheid
08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think we can blame the manager for the current situation.

I was very vocal about my dislike of Yogi and the way his team played, i blamed him for the performances and results. Maybe i was wrong and it wasn't his fault. Despite Calderwood making changes to the shape and, to some extent, the personnel it's still total garbage.

There is a serious problem at ER. For some reason we have no team spirit. Going out to the boozer together might seem like togetherness but it's no use if you won't help each other out on the park. Roy Keane hated half his team mates at Man Utd but he would have run over broken glass to protect them in a game, they would have done the same for him. That's team spirit.

The players and, for too long, some of the fans seem to have accepted mediocrity. We are never going to win the league but good cup runs and 3rd place should be acheivable. When you look at the SPL budgets it should be a straight scrap between us and the yams for 3rd every year. Instead we are in a relegation battle, and make no mistake we most certainly can go down. It's just not good enough and the players have to take responsibility. Ok they might not be technically brilliant but that doesn't stop them giving 100% effort and making up for lack of talent in hard work and commitment. The fact we can potentially get shot of 16 players in the summer is a great thing IMO, it means we can bring in players and rebuild the whole mentality at the club from scratch. I just hope the wastes of space currently masquerading as our 1st team have enough professional pride to make sure we don't start the rebuilding in the 1st Division.

:top marks Spot on.

Playing Liam Miller - That boy should get a job in Vegas with the vanishing acts he pulls during games. Also when you are 1-0 down and need to up the tempo this idiot plays the ball back to keeper 99 times out of 100. Also was scared of every 50/50 yesterday.

Just yesterday? Normally he's scared of every 60/40. A total mouse of a player. An imposter.

He would be at the very very top of my "get shot of" list.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Could we have put out a better midfield? I suppose Murray could have come in but maybe the manager thought that players who should be match fit were a better option?

I think Rankin De Graff and Stevenson are not very good. Galbraith can be added to that list too. Bamba in midfield, Murray imho is not good enough as a full back, but could maybe do a job in a derby as a spoiler. And McBride would get a game every time before Rankin in my opinion

essexhibee
08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Its not even like liverpool where they still had class players in the team that would eventually change it. we don't.

I didn't believe we ever would have been but we are in serious trouble.

archiebald
08-11-2010, 04:30 PM
What surprised me with yesterday's selection was the choice of a midget midfield against a physical team like Hearts.

I hindsight I wonder if a Midfield of Wotherspoon, McBride, Miller & Murray would have competed better. Galbrath & Riordan could have played up top.

Come to think of it, that looks a decent midfield if I don't say so myself. :wink:

CC are you reading this!
Maybe you could be his assistant

heretoday
08-11-2010, 04:32 PM
The man hasn't had much to go on frankly. Give it January and then see what happens.

You just never know. Hibs could turn out to be the surprise team of the season.

euro Hibby
08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I am not sure that being midgets is the issue. Its just that collectively they are not very good footballers.

Dirkster23
08-11-2010, 04:37 PM
I think Rankin De Graff and Stevenson are not very good. Galbraith can be added to that list too. Bamba in midfield, Murray imho is not good enough as a full back, but could maybe do a job in a derby as a spoiler. And McBride would get a game every time before Rankin in my opinion

And who would that have left to play CH against Kyle? I'm all for getting Bamba into the midfield but think we needed his size against Kyle yesterday.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
And who would that have left to play CH against Kyle? I'm all for getting Bamba into the midfield but think we needed his size against Kyle yesterday.

Yip thats a problem, although according to a lot of posters Bamba is a bombscare at the back? So would he really have been missed there? Would Dickoh be any worse, especially if the midfield is significantly strengthened?

marleyhib
08-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Too early to slag off Calderwood but ...

I agree with a lot of the posts on here, way too lightweight midfield out yesterday and for the last 18 months to be honest

I would like to see Bamba in midfield, Hogg back in :duck:, McBride back in -. De Graff, Stevenson and Rankin are not good enuf.

I think Rankin's performance yesterday was one of the poorest displays I have seen from a player in years although TBH he was closely followed by the rest.

Unfortunately the improved viewing angle in the East means that Hibs complete lack of ideas and composure on the ball was that more apparent.

I also didn't get Riordan up front on his own when he is no good in the air, can't hold the ball up as he's to light and is too slow to play off the shoulder of the last man.

Ahh there I go slagging off his tactics already.

I honestly think we can't get any worse so maybe the only way is up :) here's hoping.

heretoday
08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
There is no allowance for slagging Calderwood. Don't be mad.

There is a long time to go yet.

Speedway
08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Hibs fans are thick for responding to a thread started by someone calling themselves Vlad.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Hibs fans are thick for responding to a thread started by someone calling themselves Vlad.

Are you and I the only ones who spotted the troll :confused:

Speedway
08-11-2010, 07:45 PM

Possibly. Who cares if it's a Yam so long as we get the platform to slag off everything Hibs, eh?

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Possibly. Who cares if it's a Yam so long as we get the platform to slag off everything Hibs, eh?

:agree: Been WAY too much of this since 4pm yesterday.

King Paddy
08-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately even after three games i expected better. yes he has inherited a poor squad, but giving deeks the captaincy you must be joking. Never in a month of Sunday's he he captain material. Then he plays him as the lone striker, has no physical presence for that role. Sorry to sound like a doom merchant but the jury's out on CC. :grr::grr:

The_Todd
08-11-2010, 07:58 PM
The wording of the title tells me all I need to know. When are we "allowed" to "slag" him off? It's like that's some peoples on reason for supporting a team. I can imagine the OP sat at home the day CC was appointed thinking to himself "Oh, I can't wait for this one to slip up so I'm allowed to start slagging"

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Unfortunately even after three games i expected better. yes he has inherited a poor squad, but giving deeks the captaincy you must be joking. Never in a month of Sunday's he he captain material. Then he plays him as the lone striker, has no physical presence for that role. Sorry to sound like a doom merchant but the jury's out on CC. :grr::grr:

For someone who wanted to make us harder to beat, he's not doing too well. And when you put out the 5 most feeble midfielders at the club in a derby game, its not a great start, and for me raises doubts on his way of seeing things if he thinks they can make us harder to beat.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
For someone who wanted to make us harder to beat, he's not doing too well. And when you put out the 5 most feeble midfielders at the club in a derby game, its not a great start, and for me raises doubts on his way of seeing things if he thinks they can make us harder to beat.

Do you support Hibs managers on an alternate basis? :wink:

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 08:09 PM

So you're glad the OP brought this up then?

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 08:10 PM
3 games and theres yamish slagging off the manager.

We played Aberdeen, he had how long to work with the team? Let down by our defence and some shocking individual **** ups at the back.

We SHOULD have taken something from Dundee Utd. A narrow loss which was ours for the taking and a draw at least. Pure bad ****ing luck...simple. Furthermore, yes, Rankin cleared one off the line ... he could have burried the penalty. HAd he done that, then what? Then we'd have taken another and this thread wouldnt be here.

Beaten of the yams. He played a defence who should be able to stop one ****ing man. 4-5 players were slapped when the yam slotted home. Who's fault is that? He hooked Rankin at the right time. He can't be blamed for Deek's tackle.

****ing hell, THREE games and we're going radge?!?!?! Words fail me sometimes.

Why bother with a manager at all? Just run the team by proxy, via Hibs.net. Sorted...:cool2:

Radgeness....true, genuine, bona-fideyyy radgeness.

:grr:

heretoday
08-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Hibs can hang on till New Year. Then regroup and get in some new guys.

Hey, we could still get into Europe! :greengrin

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 08:15 PM
3 games and theres yamish slagging off the manager.

We played Aberdeen, he had how long to work with the team? Let down by our defence and some shocking individual **** ups at the back.

We SHOULD have taken something from Dundee Utd. A narrow loss which was ours for the taking and a draw at least. Pure bad ****ing luck...simple. Furthermore, yes, Rankin cleared one off the line ... he could have burried the penalty. HAd he done that, then what? Then we'd have taken another and this thread wouldnt be here.

Beaten of the yams. He played a defence who should be able to stop one ****ing man. 4-5 players were slapped when the yam slotted home. Who's fault is that? He hooked Rankin at the right time. He can't be blamed for Deek's tackle.

****ing hell, THREE games and we're going radge?!?!?! Words fail me sometimes.

Why bother with a manager at all? Just run the team by proxy, via Hibs.net. Sorted...:cool2:

Radgeness....true, genuine, bona-fideyyy radgeness.

:grr:

Or there are plenty of Jambos on the wind up? :dunno:

jdships
08-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Its started.

Sadly you are right :yawn:
Given their "obvious expertise" I wonder how many of those " shovelling the s h one t " applied for the managers job when Collins/Hughes left ?

:rolleyes:

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Or there are plenty of Jambos on the wind up? :dunno:

Or a load of free crack on the go, as I said in another post :greengrin

"Haul Calderwood after 3 games? Mikey Forrester, Russian sailors, what the **** are you boys on, eh" :greengrin

(and why the **** would I want to sell my passport) ...actually, that might no be needed but FFS....:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Do you support Hibs managers on an alternate basis? :wink:

:greengrin I want CC to succeed, we all do. He should be given the chance to restructure the club from top to bottom. I will be honest though when i say i thought he'd make more of a difference, as he said harder to beat. Well thats not happened yet, and to be honest his tactics yesterday again imho did not help in that. Its only 3 games though, and he shouldn't be judged until at least next week. :wink: Only kidding, he needs at least 2 years, and needs to get his players in and his style implemented on the team. :pray:

SMAXXA
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I would say now.

Rankin taking set pieces (he cant pick a player out or get the ball into the danger area so stop him taking them)

Riordan as the lone striker and trying to play high balls to him - SHOCKING!

Derek Riordan as captain is a crazy choice also. Everybody knows he is a hot head and I was surprised he last so long yesterday without getting sent / taken off.

Maybe he attempted to calm him down with giving him more responsability, I agree tho he's not captain material. Disagree with the last part tho, how many derbys has Riordan played in previously and not been sent off, hardly a hot head.

yekimevol
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
when he has his OWN squad in place. and has had time to train them into a squad say january 2012.

why 2012 ?

this january he can bring in a few players to steady the ship.
Then in august when he has decided witch of the 16 out of contract he wants to keep, brought in his own players and let go the ones he does not rate the "new" squad will need time to gel i.e. january will be the time to decide how caldo is doing

Pretty Boy
08-11-2010, 08:37 PM

If he is a yam he's gone to some effort to hide it.

Unless buying a season ticket for ER is what all the yam infiltrators on here are doing now.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM
If he is a yam he's gone to some effort to hide it.

Unless buying a season ticket for ER is what all the yam infiltrators on here are doing now.

True? Presume you know the boy then.

Pish poor thread title IMHO.

eastmainsmsh
08-11-2010, 08:45 PM
That was pish tactics yesterday playing yogis pish players :grr::bitchy:

lucky st mirren are worse than us or its :bye: to premier league with this lot imo
why pump high balls to riordan tactics terrible :bitchy:

but give him a chance to build his own team and players :agree:

vla_di_vla
08-11-2010, 10:37 PM

No trolling but was aimed at the many posters on here and at the ground calling for managers' heads over the years. I tend not to be overly critical of managers cause there are so many factors that we are not aware of and will never be party to but i have to say the CC apointment has left me pretty nonplussed. I was much more excited about our last 3 managers so i guess my anger is with our chairman who decided CC was a better option than Steve Clarke. I just hope having appointed yet another manager he will allow this one to do his job.

Oh and by the way I'm not a season ticket holder thankfully because the comps i got on sunday will be the last time i'm there for a while

vla_di_vla
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Give him some time.. He was completely out of his depth as a manager in the championship.. but he got us out of League One which is no mean feat!
What was the football like though? On the industrial side? Did he tend to play with only 1 up front?

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Give him some time.. He was completely out of his depth as a manager in the championship.. but he got us out of League One which is no mean feat!

Give him time..are ye mad :grr::grr::grr:

Bichrist, he's had 3 games now!! He should have us top of the league, back in the cup, playing samba style and scoring 5 per game by now. FFS...get wi the programme mate :greengrin

son of haggart
08-11-2010, 11:10 PM

CC are you reading this!

Our midfield was Skacel, Mrowiec Black and Templeton

Probably smaller on average?

I think it is more about how competitive they are - Black (although I am not a fan of his at all as player) is a little tiger, and Skacel and Templeton are both very competitive and looking to win the ball. Mrowiec is a good tackler - bit of a Matty Jack if you like.

hibs on the other hand seem to lack someone in bite in midfield - a young Murray, Jack etc. You need at least one and I have been very surprised that your managers haven't tried to give bamba an extended run in the holding position.

The_Horde
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Did anyone else misread the word 'slagging' in the thread title for a certain word an ex yam head coach liked to do to underagers?

greenlex
09-11-2010, 12:10 AM
No trolling but was aimed at the many posters on here and at the ground calling for managers' heads over the years. I tend not to be overly critical of managers cause there are so many factors that we are not aware of and will never be party to but i have to say the CC apointment has left me pretty nonplussed. I was much more excited about our last 3 managers so i guess my anger is with our chairman who decided CC was a better option than Steve Clarke. I just hope having appointed yet another manager he will allow this one to do his job.

Oh and by the way I'm not a season ticket holder thankfully because the comps i got on sunday will be the last time i'm there for a while

You are of course assuming Stevie Clark was either in the frame or dd not price himself out the job. Mouriniho was a better option but was never going to come was he?

J-C
09-11-2010, 12:33 AM
I think all the rumours we heard about dressing room unrest ans there being a rift between players, last season and presumably this season also was clearly shown by the performances over the past 5-6 months. Not one of those so called professionals are willing to fight for one another, disjointed was what Calderwood called the Aberdeen debacle, the only way to get a spirited team on the park is to offload the time wasters/drinkers/gamblers/knob ends/egotists etc and bring in a group of players ready and willing to play for the club and fans.
We need to get rid of the mercenary type players such as Bamba/Miller/Riordan/ a n other, when things go wrong and times are hard these players either go into a strop and moan or disappear and hide in games. We had a group of players who came through the youths together and under Mowbray, then Collins atchieved their potential by lifting a cup, where are these type of players now at ER, mostly on loan or away to another club. This team has been scraped together, apart from a couple of players, they couldn't care less abot Hibernian football club, it's just another pay packet for them, playing for Hibs means sod all, no commitment, no loyalty and eventually no class.:confused:

andyhibsboy
09-11-2010, 01:11 AM
The title of this thread pretty much sums up the current mindset of some of the hibs support.
This is a brand new manager who has inherited a less than adequate squad of players and came in to probably the toughest run of games we will get all season. Why should we slag off Calderwood? How can you expect the man to work miracles over night??
I dont post on here often (partly due to my inability to get to most games and the negativity on this forum) but even I can't believe the attitude of some fans.

Get behind Calderwood....trust that he will turn it around!

Iain G
09-11-2010, 02:29 AM

What is wrong with you, why would you even ask the question of when we could start slagging him, why would you want to even contemplate when it is ok for you to start abusing our new manager of 3 long weeks, what is it in your mindset that wants to start being criticial and "slag" off the new man barely 21 days into his job to turn this club around, and what possible constructive positives do you think would be gained by you being all negative about the club.

Or do you just like having a good old whinge? Sounds like bordering on yammish tendancies to me... :grr:

Andy74
09-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Hughes must have been some sort of genius to get 4th place with this lot if what I'm reading is right?

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Hughes must have been some sort of genius to get 4th place with this lot if what I'm reading is right?

:tee hee:

Speedway
09-11-2010, 09:34 AM

No, he had Zoumer for his wins pre-Christmas and 23 goal Stokes to assist him limp across the line as well.

Hibs are Yams. That's what it boils down to. Both have a lack of class, both love to slag Hibs and both assist Hearts to win derbies.

Andy74
09-11-2010, 09:42 AM
No, he had Zoumer for his wins pre-Christmas and 23 goal Stokes to assist him limp across the line as well.

Hibs are Yams. That's what it boils down to. Both have a lack of class, both love to slag Hibs and both assist Hearts to win derbies.

Ah, so those are valid excuses now? You sack a manager due to one of his players being injured and the other sold?

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Ah, so those are valid excuses now? You sack a manager due to one of his players being injured and the other sold?

Again. :tee hee: