PDA

View Full Version : Missiles

since90plustwo
07-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Was really dissapointed to see them today, although the team let us down on the pitch, we let ourselves down entirely. Its a game of football, Skacel and Kyle might be two of the biggest pricks in history but there is no need for missiles to be thrown. I know were not the only team who does it, just hope we dont sink that low again.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I would think that both clubs will be absolutely hammered for today.

We will be heavily fined for the coins and other objects that came raining down from the East Stand throughout the game and I've no doubts that Hearts will also be punished for the flares that were thrown onto the pitch after their first goal and also for the reported damage that their fans have done to the South stand.

Very disappointed to see the coins coming on today as we should be bigger than that.

since90plustwo
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM
the first time ive seen our fans let us down like that, really dissapointed

SouthamptonHibs
07-11-2010, 09:58 PM
As you said both teams should get fined as yams through a couple of flares on after 1st goal and the hibees chucked a few quid at the refugee on the pitch later in the game...lets be honest who cares about this?...not me! it's bad and wrong but there's more pressing things to be dealt wi first! lets talk about football......

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 10:01 PM
As you said both teams should get fined as yams through a couple of flares on after 1st goal and the hibees chucked a few quid at the refugee on the pitch later in the game...lets be honest who cares about this?...not me! it's bad and wrong but there's more pressing things to be dealt wi first! lets talk about football......

What about the fine the Club will be hit with, is that OK?

I hope Hibs have video evidence of the culprits and take the appropriate action

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I would think that both clubs will be absolutely hammered for today.

We will be heavily fined for the coins and other objects that came raining down from the East Stand throughout the game and I've no doubts that Hearts will also be punished for the flares that were thrown onto the pitch after their first goal and also for the reported damage that their fans have done to the South stand.

Very disappointed to see the coins coming on today as we should be bigger than that.

That's right hammer Hibs after the opposition do 20 grands worth of damage to our stadium, after throwing smoke bombs on the pitch!

Toaods
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM

fat chance of finding someone on the security video firing down a 2p piece when they can't track down some tubes lobbing a smoke bomb.

carnoustiehibee
07-11-2010, 10:06 PM
i dont mind the smoke bombs or missiles on the pitch.adds to the atmosphere and was the only thing that got me out ma seat all game

SouthamptonHibs
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM

it's all part of the derby exprience... i'm sure lothian and brders finest will sort out the culprets and well loose several fans due to life time bans thanks to there silly actions...not great for us as we're trying to attract fans to er we need everyone as we were about 4000 short of capacity today.....on the flip side it was nice to see skacel get hit he's a weee cu nt hail hail

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
it's all part of the derby exprience... i'm sure lothian and brders finest will sort out the culprets and well loose several fans due to life time bans thanks to there silly actions...not great for us as we're trying to attract fans to er we need everyone as we were about 4000 short of capacity today.....on the flip side it was nice to see skacel get hit he's a weee cu nt hail hail

so you think coin throwing is OK then???:confused:

It is cowardly and should not happen:grr:

Sir David Gray
07-11-2010, 10:17 PM
That's right hammer Hibs after the opposition do 20 grands worth of damage to our stadium, after throwing smoke bombs on the pitch!

:confused: So because the Hearts fans did some stupid things today, the missile throwing of the Hibs fans should be forgotten about?

We have to take responsibility for the actions of our own fans. Hearts will face their own punishment, as I have already said, but we should, and will, be fined for what happened today.

SouthamptonHibs
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
so you think coin throwing is OK then???:confused:

It is cowardly and should not happen:grr:

wether it should happen or did happen or could of happened is irrelevant! i'm not saying it's right all i'm saying is it happened deal wi it!!!
there are plus's and minus's from the situation them being bad thing equals fine good thing equals that wee twat got hit....both things ain't good for hfc but hey hoo it's up to the fans to behave themselves at a game....if they don't they don't the correct powers to be will sort it out...it won't be to hard! since we sit in an all seater stadium, have to give name when buying tickets and live n a cctv world...:wink:

since90plustwo
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
tbh cant see any pluses, it just adds to the misery of today, so what if the yams threw a couple of flares, does that mean we need to go down to their level, let them be wee disillusional fannys

Malthibby
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
As above, we like to think of ourselves as better than the Yams - morons chucking coins at players leave us looking just like them. There's no excuse, it's just pathetic, & if the club is fined:grr:, it's utterly stupid as well.

gorgie_harp
07-11-2010, 11:18 PM
:agree:
i dont mind the smoke bombs or missiles on the pitch.adds to the atmosphere and was the only thing that got me out ma seat all game
:agree::agree:

ScottB
07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
To be frank, those tossing coins today, are you ******ing 12 or something?

What is it? 'Waaa I don't like that boy, he pointed at me, so it's alright for me to pelt him with stuff!'

Well done, you sure showed him, and cost the club a sizable fine no doubt. As for folk complaining that these few ar*eholes being banned will reduce our crowds, how less appealing does it make us as a destination for families and children? Hey! Bring your kids along and see grown men acting like kids and lashing out at folk.

It's pathetic. And for the folk not bothered about it, there'd be uproar on here if Hearts fans had pelted Riordan with coins. One standard for us all if you ask me.

Dalianwanda
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
wether it should happen or did happen or could of happened is irrelevant! i'm not saying it's right all i'm saying is it happened deal wi it!!!
there are plus's and minus's from the situation them being bad thing equals fine good thing equals that wee twat got hit....both things ain't good for hfc but hey hoo it's up to the fans to behave themselves at a game....if they don't they don't the correct powers to be will sort it out...it won't be to hard! since we sit in an all seater stadium, have to give name when buying tickets and live n a cctv world...:wink:

Sorry but thats just a load of tosh (IMO of course)...It did happen & its wrong..Someone getting hit because of a game of football is wrong..Doesnt matter if its Hearts or Hibs..So basically what your saying is turn a blind aye to any bad stuff as its not our job to either point it out or try & stop it, thats for the correct powers??????

Gerard
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
In my opinion the people who threw coins at the Hearts players are not the kind of fans that we need and want. The Hearts fans who damaged the seats in the stadium and threw flares are equally as bad.
Football should not be used as an excuse for violent behaviour towards other people.
Gerard

Dalianwanda
07-11-2010, 11:41 PM
:agree:
In my opinion the people who threw coins at the Hearts players are not the kind of fans that we need and want. The Hearts fans who damaged the seats in the stadium and threw flares are equally as bad.
Football should not be used as an excuse for violent behaviour towards other people.
Gerard

Dunbar Hibee
07-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Stupid yes, but both wee Hearts ****s should have got more than that , im not using the 'antagonized' card but they both should have been sent off for their gestures. *****

Gus Fring
08-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Whilst I think that Kyle and Skacel tried to incite the crowd and succeeded, our fans should not have been throwing anything. A fellow hibee was hit with one of the coins and had a small cut and bruising on his cheek. We were sat in the 3rd row behind skacel when he was getting hit. I dont want to bring my kids to a game and risk them getting hit with smoke bombs, coins or anything for that matter. So if we're going to discuss the impact on attendance why not think of the people who will think "Next time i'll watch it on the telly where its safe"

hibee_nation
08-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Only the down at heel would throw coins at the opposition. My £20 note i made into a paper plane just skiffed his lug. :grr:

Lofarl
08-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Only the down at heel would throw coins at the opposition. My £20 note i made into a paper plane just skiffed his lug. :grr:

You must have some throw to get it that far from the West. Us east standers would not know a £20 note.:greengrin

ScottB
08-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Stupid yes, but both wee Hearts ****s should have got more than that , im not using the 'antagonized' card but they both should have been sent off for their gestures. *****

I suppose you said the same about Riordan at Tynecastle then?

Look, we as fans sing / chant / shout abuse at players. Sooner or later they will inevitably react back, they are human after all. This is not a licence for fans to throw coins, invade the pitch or whatever else.

Dunbar Hibee
08-11-2010, 12:19 AM
I suppose you said the same about Riordan at Tynecastle then?

Look, we as fans sing / chant / shout abuse at players. Sooner or later they will inevitably react back, they are human after all. This is not a licence for fans to throw coins, invade the pitch or whatever else.

They get paid a lot of ****in money to not react, and when Kyle gave us the finger ( TWICE ) and that wee erse Skacel with 2 stupid gesters... wtf do you expect:confused: Riordan at the PBS was totally different, don't even try and compare.

Steve-O
08-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Why must we always have these threads after such incidents?

Who actually cares?

As for those who say it tarnishes our reputation - to whom exactly? Nobody outside of Scotland gives a flying monkeys about the SPL anyway!

If Killie fans, for example, chucked some coins one time, I wouldn't suddenly look down my nose at them and think they were a bunch of hooligans.

Some people just enjoy getting all moralistic I think.

(I await the 'so you think its ok?!' questions after this...)

marinello59
08-11-2010, 06:11 AM

Who actually cares?

As for those who say it tarnishes our reputation - to whom exactly? Nobody outside of Scotland gives a flying monkeys about the SPL anyway!

If Killie fans, for example, chucked some coins one time, I wouldn't suddenly look down my nose at them and think they were a bunch of hooligans.

Cowards then? Throwing coins from a safe distance with no chance of getting rewarded with a sore face is hardly the act of the bravest guys in the world is it?

Cabbage East
08-11-2010, 06:17 AM
You lot are like wee kids. Surprised at coins thrown at a derby? Really?

marinello59
08-11-2010, 06:22 AM
You lot are like wee kids. Surprised at coins thrown at a derby? Really?

:faf: Go on, explain the logic of that one (And quote all those who have expressed surprise.)

Steve-O
08-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Cowards then? Throwing coins from a safe distance with no chance of getting rewarded with a sore face is hardly the act of the bravest guys in the world is it?

Hmmm, not sure I agree with that either - could easily get caught in the act and thrown in the cells for it.

To be honest, I have no interest in branding these people with any of the usual names, i.e. disgrace, morons, cowards, thugs, hooligans :blah:

ronaldo7
08-11-2010, 06:36 AM
I've heard it was actually Hertz fans who'd got tickets in our end, and they just wanted to top up Rudi's wages for the week:greengrin

marinello59
08-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Hmmm, not sure I agree with that either - could easily get caught in the act and thrown in the cells for it.

To be honest, I have no interest in branding these people with any of the usual names, i.e. disgrace, morons, cowards, thugs, hooligans :blah:

Maybe we could come up with some unusual names to call them then?:greengrin

The_Todd
08-11-2010, 07:22 AM
To sum up, then: Skacel tried to wind up the crowd and suceeded. The derby is always going to be a high emotion affair, and if you can't take it then maybe you're better off not going. Throwing missiles onto the pitch will only hurt one team in the long run: us when the SFA decide to punish us.

And yes, the Yams threw flares at their own players, but then the Yams are simple at the best of times.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 07:51 AM
So some think it is OK to throw coins at players, well what about something even harder then, the golf ball with nails or even darts..... This coin throwing is mild......:devil:

Utter tosh of course, no player should be hit with missiles, and if it was a Hibs player hit by Hearts fans, the would be a pouring of public outrage on here, yet again the usual double standards only football could conjure up:confused:

hibees53
08-11-2010, 07:59 AM

Who actually cares?

Quite right,lets all wrap ourselves in cotton wool and sit on our hands at the next derby,who gives a fxxx about flares and coins it adds to the atmosphere,i am more concerned about the team playing crap.

heretoday
08-11-2010, 08:01 AM
It's got me all nostalgic. Golf balls, coins, missiles....takes me back to the 70s.

Great to see those old traditions being maintained. :wink:

IFONLY
08-11-2010, 08:01 AM

What a shocking reply, so your not bothered about the behaviour of our so called fans. Behaviour like this should be left in the gutter where it belongs. Just what gives people the right to throw coins and other things at opposing footballers because their own team is getting beat (ffs it is only after all a game of football) but yeah just push it aside and talk about other things.

SaudiHibby
08-11-2010, 08:04 AM
It's got me all nostalgic. Golf balls, coins, missiles....takes me back to the 70s.

Great to see those old traditions being maintained. :wink:

:thumbsup:

That's the reason for smaller crowds now-a-days :agree: There's 10,000 Hibby's out there who won't go becuase you cannae chuck a kung fu star or a coin at anyone anymore and you cannae belt someone when changing ends :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Quite right,lets all wrap ourselves in cotton wool and sit on our hands at the next derby,who gives a fxxx about flares and coins it adds to the atmosphere,i am more concerned about the team playing crap.

utter drivel........

if you think it acceptable to throw coins then you are a dafty.........

Antifa Hibs
08-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Only problem i had with the coins is that nae **** got Skacels napper!! Derbies are emotional affairs, passion boils over on and off the stands. Skacel was giving it the big yin wanting a reaction, he succeded. OK so you don't want to see missiles but you have to admit it was *** hillarious seeing Rudi sprint round to safety at the away end seconds after he was acting the hard man.

Smoke bomb things look smart as ****, where can we get some green ones for the return fixture? :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
08-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Only problem i had with the coins is that nae **** got Skacels napper!! Derbies are emotional affairs, passion boils over on and off the stands. Skacel was giving it the big yin wanting a reaction, he succeded. OK so you don't want to see missiles but you have to admit it was *** hillarious seeing Rudi sprint round to safety at the away end seconds after he was acting the hard man.

Smoke bomb things look smart as ****, where can we get some green ones for the return fixture? :greengrin

I truly hope you're on the wind-up, but suspect you aren't. Skacel may have been on the wind-up, but he sure got the reaction he wanted. He wins. Dont you get that? Naughty little jambo winds up fans of a team he's humping, and we react like idiots.

All those brave hurlers of lighters and coins must feel oh so hard and brave, and it was such a laugh. Ho ho ho.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Completely agree you wouldnt think the clowns would be hard to pinpoint on cameras. Personally thought the behaviour of both sets of fans today was appalling.

ScottB
08-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd love to see the reaction of those defending this crap if they got pelted with a coin. Sure it wouldn't be 'all a bit of fun' then, nor I imagine would the same folk be defending it if our players are the ones being pelted come January. Everyone was calling for Hearts to get nailed to the wall after their fans invaded the pitch after Deeks was winding them up, or is it one rule for them and another for us?

It's utterly pathetic. Bloody kids know better than some of our support it seems.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2010, 09:22 AM
They get paid a lot of ****in money to not react, and when Kyle gave us the finger ( TWICE ) and that wee erse Skacel with 2 stupid gesters... wtf do you expect:confused: Riordan at the PBS was totally different, don't even try and compare.

Kyle got coins thrown at him in the first half.... long before things got heated.

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Darren Jackson on SSN just now talking about it.

Cabbage East
08-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Coins thrown at a derby, quick, everyone panic. You lot lead a sheltered life.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 09:58 AM

It is all about standards, you obviously think cowardly throwing a coin at someone you dont know is acceptable the vast majority I would imagine wouldnt think it was.

Twa Cairpets
08-11-2010, 10:11 AM

Do you really, really think it is acceptable?

Would it be ok for yams to chuck coins at Hibs players? Would it be ok for someone to throw a golf ball? Or a stone?

How does thinking a cowardly thug throwing something at a person with intent to injure them is not a good thing make me somehow a delicate flower living "a sheltered life"?

Putting out coments objecting to be associated with some wee scrote who thinks this is a good laugh and makes them some type of Begbie-esque hard man isnt panicking, its being a normal person and a normal fan. The guys who think they are, in some twisted way, defending Hibs are I promise you not doing it on my behalf. This doesnt mean sit on your hands and be a good little boy. Stand, sing, shout, support the team or boo if thats your preference but try at the same time to understand that there are lines that shouldnt be crossed, and hurling objects at players is on the other side of the line.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Do you really, really think it is acceptable?

Would it be ok for yams to chuck coins at Hibs players? Would it be ok for someone to throw a golf ball? Or a stone?

How does thinking a cowardly thug throwing something at a person with intent to injure them is not a good thing make me somehow a delicate flower living "a sheltered life"?

Putting out coments objecting to be associated with some wee scrote who thinks this is a good laugh and makes them some type of Begbie-esque hard man isnt panicking, its being a normal person and a normal fan. The guys who think they are, in some twisted way, defending Hibs are I promise you not doing it on my behalf. This doesnt mean sit on your hands and be a good little boy. Stand, sing, shout, support the team or boo if thats your preference but try at the same time to understand that there are lines that shouldnt be crossed, and hurling objects at players is on the other side of the line.

Succinctly put......:top marks:top marks

Lets not sully our great club by acting like wannabee Begbies

marinello59
08-11-2010, 10:57 AM

When the smoke bombs appeared yesterday I did actually think to myself, Antifa will be loving this. One of the few times I smiled.:greengrin

s.a.m
08-11-2010, 11:23 AM

Maybe I'm just talented, but I can be concerned about two things (or more!) at once: I'm very bothered about the crapness of the team; I'm also really disappointed that braindead neds in both supports think it's OK to pelt missiles at people participating in a sporting fixture. There's a wide spectrum of behaviour options between sitting on your hands, and acts of violence.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
When the smoke bombs appeared yesterday I did actually think to myself, Antifa will be loving this. One of the few times I smiled.:greengrin

Putting aside all my moral outrage for a millisecond, I was thinking.... "cool, this is going to look really edgy on Danny Dyer's show....".

Argylehibby
08-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Riordan at the PBS was totally different, don't even try and compare.

Youre right, at least the moron at Tynie was brave enough to confront Riordan rather than be a complete coward and throw coins from a position of safety.

Riordan winds up Jambos, Jambo players wind us up IMO both are wrong and provoke reactions which both clubs can do without.

flash
08-11-2010, 12:22 PM
So now we have punters celebrating both the fact that our best player is suspended for two games and that several people, including our own fans, were struck by missiles which could cause serious injury.

Marvellous.

Skanko79
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Putting aside all my moral outrage for a millisecond, I was thinking.... "cool, this is going to look really edgy on Danny Dyer's show....".

somebody said he was at the game yesterday.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
somebody said he was at the game yesterday.

... which is why I was thinking it. :wink:

Wait a minute... you don't think?... no... surely not?

cwilliamson85
08-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Not seen this on here but if so move accordingly

With 3 getting set of yesterday what will the punishment be for Hearts by the powers that be?

on the other hand what will our fine be for the coins, lighters, miniature bottle and a mobile phone that got thrown at Rudi?

Littlest Hobo
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM

I agree but if you let everyone throw smoke bombs on to the park, you wouldn't get the game played.

I thought the Hearts fans were brilliant yesterday, they totally went for it big style. I was hoping that might have been the home support celebrating but it wasn't to be yet again!

Don't talk to me about broken seats either because it's all been done before by us at slymecastle.

I think a few on here are bitter because of the result to be honest.

Hats of to Hearts and their fans yesterday, they done us big time. No arguments from me except to say that revenge will be sweet.:wink:

divot
08-11-2010, 04:28 PM

In my book you don't throw coins, fullstop. Rugby balls are another thing :)

It's a game of football, you're there as a fan to see it, shout some abuse or whatever - not to hurt a player or a fan. Ridiculous. Hibs "fans" [sic], coin-throwing, and then people on here defending it, saying it doesn't matter, or trying to shift the attention on to HFC fans? Are you kidding me?

Put our own house in order first before we go moaning about Hertz, OF etc.

LancashireHibby
08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
There was a guy sat at least three quarters the way up the East Stand who chucked something that landed just before the touchline. They should identify the guy immediately and get him in goal with throwing like that :agree: