PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who "enjoyed" Riordan's lunge at Skacel

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Riordan tried to break the guys leg FFS - it was ridiculous and pathetic. It is a pity that the "Shameful" thread was closed earlier (why admins?)

The game was lost and he gets needlessly sent off - giving the Hearts fans even more to p*ss themselves laughing about. Then, the actions that followed as a direct result of his sending off (coin throwing etc) will lead to the club being fined no doubt.

And the final icing on the cake is that we are now without our best player for a couple of games (presumably) and he is the only one that ever looks remotely likely to score.

Here's what the match report from the official site says about Riordan's tackle :-

In the final moments a bitterly disappointing afternoon was made worse when Riordan received a straight red card for a terrible lunge on Skacel.

We must have the thickest fans in the world if they enjoyed Riordan's moment of madness. :grr: :confused:

MacBean
07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
he can wave bye bye to any chance of being in the Scotland Squad. He had a real opportunity to push for a slot in the friendly later this month, but he has well and truly *****ed that up!

Awful tackle and exactly the type of thing that proves he should not be captain. The fact that Calderwood hasnt said anything to him and looked away from him as he came off the park says what he thinks of it. I wouldnt be surprised if Deeks does leave us soon. He is fed up with the club and that tackle shows his frustrations

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
he can wave bye bye to any chance of being in the Scotland Squad. He had a real opportunity to push for a slot in the friendly later this month, but he has well and truly *****ed that up!

Awful tackle and exactly the type of thing that proves he should not be captain. The fact that Calderwood hasnt said anything to him and looked away from him as he came off the park says what he thinks of it. I wouldnt be surprised if Deeks does leave us soon. He is fed up with the club and that tackle shows his frustrations

It was lunacy at best.....Not fit to be captain......

ReillyF5
07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Just a few of us getting carried away with frustration.

I've seen worse tackles...but Riordan shows his irresponsibilty again.

How many chances for this lad?

CC looked dissapointed in him.

Bishop Hibee
07-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Total stupidity from Riordan regarding the sending off.

As someone who was desperate for him to stay after his contract runs out, a combination of his madness today and the fact that I heard from a reliable mate that he's looking for a final payday from the Championship when his contract runs out, all I can hope is that he screws the nut and helps us stay up before he clears off.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I am usually one of Riordan's biggest fans but I won't defend what he did today. I have only seen his tackle once, at the game, and haven't seen it again on TV but I don't believe I need to see it again. I thought it was a bad tackle at the time, one worthy of a red card, and I don't think my opinion will change by seeing it on TV.

What he did was stupid, unnecessary and extremely reckless.

He let the rest of his teammates down today with those actions and I expected a lot better from our captain.

Riordan's actions were that of a fan as I'm quite sure that a lot of our fans would have liked to put in that kind of tackle on Skacel today but our players have to be professional and in the case of those players who happen to be fans, such as Riordan, they have can't allow their heart to rule their head.

Ants
07-11-2010, 10:19 PM
At least one person has shown some commitment... he was the only one.
That game was ****ing pathetic from anyone giving us some commitment.
Ive seen a more aggressive sausage barbeque at the Corstorphine fair.

TIME TO ROLL YOUR SLEEVES UP, YOU OVER PAID AMBITIONLESS PWICKS.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 10:23 PM

Was it really commitment though.... It was needless and he now gets automatic ban for Wednesday......It was sheer stupidity IMO

marinello59
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Was it really commitment though.... It was needless and he now gets automatic ban for Wednesday......It was sheer stupidity IMO
:agree: Made a bad afternoon even worse.

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I am usually one of Riordan's biggest fans but I won't defend what he did today. I have only seen his tackle once, at the game, and haven't seen it again on TV but I don't believe I need to see it again. I thought it was a bad tackle at the time, one worthy of a red card, and I don't think my opinion will change by seeing it on TV.

What he did was stupid, unnecessary and extremely reckless.

He let the rest of his teammates down today with those actions and I expected a lot better from our captain.

Riordan's actions were that of a fan as I'm quite sure that a lot of our fans would have liked to put in that kind of tackle on Skacel today but our players have to be professional and in the case of those players who happen to be fans, such as Riordan, they have can't allow their heart to rule their head.

One of the most annoying things for me is that the Hearts fans were/still are p*ssing themselves laughing at him, us and our club because of the tackle.

Also, him being ruled out of forthcoming game lessens our chances of scoring from almost zero to zero!

Some clowns (Hibsbollah and HarpandCastle) on the "Shameful" thread which was closed earlier were saying they enjoyed the tackle and wished Skacel's career had ended etc etc.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?196781-Shameful

Pretty despicable stuff really. :bitchy:

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM

I agree with your sentiments mate, however Riordans actions were not "commitment" they were just plain daft and childish IMHO.

Big Frank
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
One of the most annoying things for me is that the Hearts fans were/still are p*ssing themselves laughing at him, us and our club because of the tackle.

Also, him being ruled out of forthcoming game lessens our chances of scoring from almost zero to zero!

Some clowns (Hibsbollah and HarpandCastle) on the "Shameful" thread which was closed earlier were saying they enjoyed the tackle and wished Skacel's career had ended etc etc.

You a school teacher or something?

Dinnae invite me to any of your parties.

If you pissed off with any fellow .netters, rather than start a whole new thread on how outraged you are, may I suggest you either inform an admin of your "horror" or PM Harpand castle and Hibsbollah and tell them you'll not get much sleep.

FFS

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2010, 10:35 PM
You a school teacher or something?

Dinnae invite me to any of your parties.

If you pissed off with any fellow .netters, rather than start a whole new thread on how outraged you are, may I suggest you either inform an admin of your "horror" or PM Harpand castle and Hibsbollah and tell them you'll not get much sleep.

FFS

Pretty predictable response from you......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'll drop you a PM (once I find out how to do that) the next time I want to post something......just to check that it meets with your approval.

P.S Do you fancy coming to a party ? :cool2: :bye:

Sir David Gray
07-11-2010, 10:39 PM

To be honest, I couldn't really care less about Rudi Skacel (although I would stop short of saying that I wish his career had been ended), my only concern is with Hibs and if it was actually possible for the team to get any worse than it already was, that will now happen thanks to Riordan's indiscipline.

We hardly have any strikers as it is, that position will now be made even worse over the next couple of games as our top scorer sits in the stand serving out his suspension.

ScottB
07-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Given his previous Skacel it was a moment of sheer stupidity, and as Captain, we should expect more from him really.

We have 1 fit striker and he's got himself pointlessly banned for at least one game. Idiot.

I can only imagine the people applauding that tackle were the same pr1cks throwing coins.

Twa Cairpets
07-11-2010, 10:43 PM

Nah - it was just embarrassing.

Theres a world of difference between commitment (which is what fans have), and being professional (which is what we are supposed from the team to get in return for our commitment).

SouthamptonHibs
07-11-2010, 10:47 PM
just arrived back fi the game....sung my heart out today..... before, during and after the game...... we were awful today... i hear what your saying about the challenge but to be fair it was the best moment in the game from our point of view.. skacel is a wee ****, least deek cares....but ur right it now leaves us in a bad position as we have several games coming up that deeks can't play in.....it's gonna be a long season lads rebuilding time... ps how good is the stadium fantstic place to watch football:thumbsup:

Toaods
07-11-2010, 10:48 PM
do-gooders do my nut in.

Riordan isn't capable of ending anyones career in a tackle.

A daft lunge with mild intent - yeah. Silly..absolutely.

An immediate ban won't make a jot of difference at Ibrox in midweek as the chances of us scoring there are less than remote at best.

Skacel is an irritating git....full stop.

He inflamed the situation as much as anyone and should be fined/banned for his actions (not the first time we've encountered such actions from him)

I don't recall seeing Skacel getting a stretcher ride off the park and retiring from the game, if we are going to have a thread about career ending challenges let's continue from this point onward with Neil Berry's challenge on Paul Wright at Easter Road.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 10:55 PM
do-gooders do my nut in.

An immediate ban won't make a jot of difference at Ibrox in midweek as the chances of us scoring there are less than remote at best.

He inflamed the situation as much as anyone and should be fined/banned for his actions (not the first time we've encountered such actions from him)

I don't recall seeing Skacel getting a stretcher ride off the park and retiring from the game, if we are going to have a thread about career ending challenges let's continue from this point onward with Neil Berry's challenge on Paul Wright at Easter Road.

We had a better chance of scoring on Wednesday with DR in the team.........

He lost the plot today and not the way a captain should behave.......That said he is never captain material anyway

Toaods
07-11-2010, 10:59 PM
We had a better chance of scoring on Wednesday with DR in the team.........

He lost the plot today and not the way a captain should behave.......That said he is never captain material anyway

Forget Ibrox, we'll get humped there.

There's not a captain in that bunch but someone had to step forward for the toss/pictures, so aswell making it Riordan.

ronaldo7
07-11-2010, 11:00 PM
You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Riordan tried to break the guys leg FFS - it was ridiculous and pathetic. It is a pity that the "Shameful" thread was closed earlier (why admins?)

The game was lost and he gets needlessly sent off - giving the Hearts fans even more to p*ss themselves laughing about. Then, the actions that followed as a direct result of his sending off (coin throwing etc) will lead to the club being fined no doubt.

And the final icing on the cake is that we are now without our best player for a couple of games (presumably) and he is the only one that ever looks remotely likely to score.

Here's what the match report from the official site says about Riordan's tackle :-

In the final moments a bitterly disappointing afternoon was made worse when Riordan received a straight red card for a terrible lunge on Skacel.

We must have the thickest fans in the world if they enjoyed Riordan's moment of madness. :grr: :confused:

A bit ott bud. I watched it at the match and have watched it a few times on the tv. The tackle was high, he hit him on the side of the knee, but the way it's been portrayed here, it's like a career finishing tackle. It was a stupid lunge and he should have known better. Skacel on the other hand got up after rolling round for a few seconds and ran round to the Hearts supporters with a big GIRUY Hibees. He won't miss the next match for them.

marinello59
07-11-2010, 11:01 PM

There's not a captain in that bunch but someone had to step forward for the toss/pictures, so aswell making it Riordan.

That's where the game was lost. They had far more tossers than us.:agree:

Twa Cairpets
07-11-2010, 11:03 PM
do-gooders do my nut in.

Do-gooders? WTF??

Fans being p!ssed off with our captain losing the plot, commiting a challenge that was only ever going to end with a red card that gets him banned for the next game is being a do-gooder?

I dont give a flying one about Skacel - it was the stupidity of the act that did my head.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 11:04 PM

We may well get humped, but I would rather play with our better players and at least give ourselves a chance of gaining something out of match...... Inverness managed a point there last weekend.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Do-gooders? WTF??

Fans being p!ssed off with our captain losing the plot, commiting a challenge that was only ever going to end with a red card that gets him banned for the next game is being a do-gooder?

I dont give a flying one about Skacel - it was the stupidity of the act that did my head.

:agree::agree:

VeryMessi
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Neil Berry's challenge on Paul Wright at Easter Road.Now that was a tackle!! :top marks

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Nah - it was just embarrassing.

Theres a world of difference between commitment (which is what fans have), and being professional (which is what we are supposed from the team to get in return for our commitment).

The whole game was embarrasing. From start to finish. Hibs were ****in ***** and we were an embarrasment to watch.

BroxburnHibee
07-11-2010, 11:07 PM
The whole game was embarrasing. From start to finish. Hibs were ****in ***** and we were an embarrasment to watch.

I can tell your calming down a bit :tee hee:

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-11-2010, 11:09 PM
I can tell your calming down a bit :tee hee:

Nut, I'm not, still peeved off, you guessed. :grr:

:greengrin

hibsbollah
07-11-2010, 11:09 PM
I assume the original thread was closed because of an embarassing amount of sanctimonious self-righteous nonsense. Don't make moral judgements on people based on football.

Toaods
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
... Inverness managed a point there last weekend.

they are a better team than us though.

BroxburnHibee
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I assume the original thread was closed because of an embarassing amount of sanctimonious self-righteous nonsense. Don't make moral judgements on people based on football.

I never make moral judgements on peole.

He was a great player. :agree:

Twa Cairpets
07-11-2010, 11:13 PM

And that somehow excuses Riordans challenge?

Again, not giving a tinkers cuss about Skacel or if he milked it or whatever. on a purely footballing basis, it was gross stupidity, and did nothing but add to the embarrasment.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 11:15 PM
they are a better team than us though.

Lets not bother turning up to Ibrox or Inverness then, just give them the 3 points and save the goals against from taking a battering......

Zorro
07-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Now that was a tackle!! :top marks

I presume you are a jambo from that comment? That Berry tackle was a disgrace from a complete thug.

Back on topic, you could see what Riordan was going to do, and it was a straight red, and aside from the fact that Skacel is a wind up merchant, just made the whole afternoon even worse. End of captaincy for Deek.

Toaods
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Lets not bother turning up to Ibrox or Inverness then, just give them the 3 points and save the goals against from taking a battering......

you know what I'm saying.

we're poor and throughly disjointed at the back.

Rangers will almost certainly beat us (only a fool would put any money with any degree of confidence on us to win, never mind even scraping a draw) but I expect whoever s seklcted to battle for all their worth.

10/10 to anyone who goes though in midweek to watch that shower of crap. Today will have been teh final straw for many until they earn further backing.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
you know what I'm saying.

we're poor and throughly disjointed at the back.

Rangers will almost certainly beat us (only a fool would put any money with any degree of confidence on us to win, never mind even scraping a draw) but I expect whoever s seklcted to battle for all their worth.

10/10 to anyone who goes though in midweek to watch that shower of crap. Today will have been teh final straw for many until they earn further backing.

Hopefully CC will boot some backsides, and picks a team which consists of players who actually take pride in wearing the jersey, and want to put a shift in......Its about time we were shown passion and total endeavour......

Toaods
07-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Hopefully CC will boot some backsides, and picks a team which consists of players who actually take pride in wearing the jersey, and want to put a shift in......Its about time we were shown passion and total endeavour......

agree entirely, but I don't think we have literally anyone in that mould. lucky if there are three players that would take a dull one for the team.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2010, 11:40 PM
agree entirely, but I don't think we have literally anyone in that mould. lucky if there are three players that would take a dull one for the team.

Well CC has to get that mentality into them and fast.... You would think the out of contract players would run through brick walls to prove they want a new contract..... Instead they appear to be just going through the motions........

hibee_nation
08-11-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm disappointed in Riordan, he barely hurt the boy, sure the intent was there right enough so fair play, but was a poor attempt. Hopefully next time he nails the wee scrote good and proper. Sorry for any offence, you may now start hand wringing. :rolleyes:

Storar
08-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm disappointed because to me somebody, with Derek's ability and accuracy should have been able to have hit his knee without any problem. Poor show Derek.
The mirror will still be there tomorrow

Saorsa
08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm disappointed because to me somebody with Derek's ability and accuracy should have been able to have hit his knee without any problem. Poor show Derek.
The mirror will still be there tomorrow:duck:

:greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
08-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Yeah it was daft, but good on Deek, shame he never hit the Hearts **** harder. And re the Scotland squad, who gives a toss? Would rather he wasn't involved in that p!sh .. just my opinion..

Dunbar Hibee
08-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Btw, yes I really did enjoy Deek's tackle, as I said its just a shame he didn't hit the fanny hard enough.

Frogga
08-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Just to clarify here, prior to our captains shocking challenge what had Skacel ever done to us to make some hate him so much that they should sing tasteless songs about him, want his career ended and start throwing coins at him when he had the audacity to get up from it?

I mean I don't enjoy seeing the guy turning up at our ground like but only because he's a half decent player playing for the enemy.

Think the fans performance matched that of the players today.

Baader
08-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Let's no confuse commitment or passion with stupidity...

If you want to get one over that lot... Win the game!

Pretty embarassing today

Cabbage1875
08-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Do-gooders? WTF??

Spot on.

Absolutely pathetic showing by our 'captain'. Who the **** is playing up front on Wednesday and Saturday? I suppose everyone was delighted by him behaving like a ned. Captain my arse.

Steve-O
08-11-2010, 06:55 AM
At least he should've actually injured him if he was going to get sent off...now it was for nothing! :grr:

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Derek's challenge if you can call it that summed up perfectly what we have at Hibs right now. A team of cowards. He won't get the armband again hopefully. At this rate it will be Tam McCourt wearing it.

Horrible horrible tackle and hope he gets hammered for it. Cowardly IMHO.

Cabbage East
08-11-2010, 07:15 AM
I enjoyed it :agree:

First bit of fight shown all day.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Just to clarify here, prior to our captains shocking challenge what had Skacel ever done to us to make some hate him so much that they should sing tasteless songs about him, want his career ended and start throwing coins at him when he had the audacity to get up from it?

Those posters who think there's a racist agenda against Satchel are quite wrong. It's an entirely homofcphobic agenda, based on his on-pitch snogging, with tongues, of Paul Hartley.

marinello59
08-11-2010, 07:17 AM
I enjoyed it :agree:

First bit of fight shown all day.

Oh aye, superb. Weakened us even further and made Deeks look pretty dumb though so looks like Skacel won the war doesn't it?

Hibs90
08-11-2010, 07:25 AM
I enjoyed it. So what? The least that wee prick deserves.

marinello59
08-11-2010, 07:26 AM
I enjoyed it. So what? The least that wee prick deserves.

Nick your bird did he?

Hibs90
08-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Nick your bird did he?

Yup. :greengrin

Cabbage East
08-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Oh aye, superb. Weakened us even further and made Deeks look pretty dumb though so looks like Skacel won the war doesn't it?

You are tiresome. So tiresome. Are you still on your high horse? Anyone that posts anything on here that is above your moral radar you just have to post straight away about how outraged you are. Get a grip.

marinello59
08-11-2010, 07:36 AM
You are tiresome. So tiresome. Are you still on your high horse? Anyone that posts anything on here that is above your moral radar you just have to post straight away about how outraged you are. Get a grip.

Hit a nerve did I? You could try and argue your point instead of throwing out abuse. Or have you nothing to give?

Toaods
08-11-2010, 07:50 AM

the 'battle' maybe but not the war...:greengrin

marinello59
08-11-2010, 07:54 AM
the 'battle' maybe but not the war...:greengrin

Aye, possibly. We'll see what happens on New Years day. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
08-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Total and utter stupidity.

I wouldn't make any moral jusgement on someone who 'enjoyed' that tackle because frankly i don't give a flying one about Skacel. But from a footballing point of view anyone who enjoyed that tackle is being pretty stupid. We are now without our only potential matchwinner for a trip to Ibrox. It also gave the yams one more thing to enjoy on a day that was already bad enough.

The worst part for me was that Riordan had already tried to put in a similar tackle on the touchline in front of the West Stand but completely missed, to then be stupid enough to charge accross the park and do it again 5 minutes later is baffling.

At 27 year old Derek Riordan really needs to grow up.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Total and utter stupidity.

I wouldn't make any moral jusgement on someone who 'enjoyed' that tackle because frankly i don't give a flying one about Skacel. But from a footballing point of view anyone who enjoyed that tackle is being pretty stupid. We are now without our only potential matchwinner for a trip to Ibrox. It also gave the yams one more thing to enjoy on a day that was already bad enough.

The worst part for me was that Riordan had already tried to put in a similar tackle on the touchline in front of the West Stand but completely missed, to then be stupid enough to charge accross the park and do it again 5 minutes later is baffling.

At 27 year old Derek Riordan really needs to grow up.

:top marks:top marks

Still can't get my head around anyone saying that they enjoyed the tackle..... It was not commitment or fight IMO, just reckless stupidity......If these people take off the blinkers, they will see DR is out for Wednesday and potentially longer if points are over limit:confused:

Hibstrooper
08-11-2010, 08:51 AM
I got zero enjoyment out of Riordan's tackle - it just made the whole day worse to be honest and gave them another reason to gloat!

Those defending the tackle would probably be the same ones who would come on here and take the moral high ground against the Yams - calling them classless; thugs; morons; etc... - if there was a thread on Kickback with people hailing their player should the roles have been reversed.

essexhibee
08-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Who for the captaincy now because it certainly shouldn't be riordan.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 09:02 AM

That is the million dollar question, there is nobody in the team deserving of the armband, and certainly no natural leaders.......

Pretty Boy
08-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Ian Murray for me.

Came of the bench yesterday and within 2 minutes put in a crunching hard but fair challenge. Always gives 100% even if he's technically not the best.

I don't think long term Nid is captain material but at the moment he's by far the best option when looking at the shower of jokers who are in that dressing room.

ronaldo7
08-11-2010, 09:07 AM
That is the million dollar question, there is nobody in the team deserving of the armband, and certainly no natural leaders.......

Ian Murray was on the park if only for a few minutes yesterday. Give him the armband.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Ian Murray was on the park if only for a few minutes yesterday. Give him the armband.

But has injury problems with his arthritis, so not a guaranteed starter every week..... If injury free then yes without a doubt

George Clooney
08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Bottom line is, that for the next game (and more, when the SFA give him a longer ban) we will be left with Trakys up front.
If those who enjoyed the tackle think that is a price worth paying, then words fail me.

hibsbollah
08-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Personally I thought he played the ball:devil:

Young Derek should be congratulated really. He's just giving honest pros like Trachys an opportunity to prove themselves up front in his place.

ronaldo7
08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
But has injury problems with his arthritis, so not a guaranteed starter every week..... If injury free then yes without a doubt

I know about nid's injury issues S. When he is on the park we get 100% committment from him and he drives others on too. I would rather have him with the armband for 50% of our games when he was available than some of the others in the squad.

Nid's the man give him the band.

khib70
08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Bottom line is, that for the next game (and more, when the SFA give him a longer ban) we will be left with Trakys up front.
If those who enjoyed the tackle think that is a price worth paying, then words fail me.
:agree:Spot on

And anyone who sees "committment" in Riordan's cowardly lunge needs to have a word with themselves. He acted like an immature, petulant wee ned, and deprived us of his services for at least one game at a time when we need every man we have.

He should never wear that armband again.

Sergy Pie
08-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Poor poor end to the game. I hung my head in shame after the challenge.

Apart from the obvious stupdity of the tackle itself, to me it was our captain saying that he'd had enough of this sh*t we're in. He accepted the red card before it was shown and also said something to Skacel before walking. If that's the action of our star man and captain for the day, things are going to get worse on the park before they get better imo.

I wonder what Kyle said to Riordan as he was walking off? Kyle doesn't have a goat Riordan and his reaction is quite timid as well.

The Voice Of Reason
08-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Personally I thought he played the ball:devil:

Young Derek should be congratulated really. He's just giving honest pros like Trachys an opportunity to prove themselves up front in his place.

Wait a minute, I can see what you are trying to do (I think).....you are trying to wind us all up.

What a very very clever thing to do. It shows that you are clearly far to intellectual for most of us mere mortals who post on the boards. :agree:

Great timing into the bargain, as we are all in a fantactic mood today........I salute you. :yawn:

flash
08-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I suppose the one good thing about the tackle was it reminded me that he was actually on the park.

Mr Jolly
08-11-2010, 09:45 AM

The reason Riordan is not in the Scotland squad is simple. He is not good enough. He would still be at Celtic if he was good enough. He is offering very little to Hibs right now.

greenlad
08-11-2010, 09:48 AM

Why should they do that? He made a mistake and he and his team are being punished within the rules of the SFA ie a one match suspension or more if his points go past a certain point. The SFA can't go about arbitrarily increasing supsensions just because certain players faces don't fit.

It was a poor tackle, and certainly deserving of a red. But people seem to be taking the protagonists involved and treating it in a more sinister light. It should be judged within the rules of the game - end of story.

You see far worse on Match of the Day EVERY week, and usually Hansen/Dixon #et al comment that "so-and-so's been a lucky boy there - that could have been a red!"

hibsbollah
08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Wait a minute, I can see what you are trying to do (I think).....you are trying to wind us all up.

What a very very clever thing to do. It shows that you are clearly far to intellectual for most of us mere mortals who post on the boards. :agree:

Great timing into the bargain, as we are all in a fantactic mood today........I salute you. :yawn:

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?

In general terms I think you're taking the whole issue a bit too seriously. Nobody died. You clearly dont understand my point about not judging peoples morality on what they think about events at a football match. I dont think that justifies getting all self-righteous and huffy with fellow Hibbys who happen to disagree with you.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?

In general terms I think you're taking the whole issue a bit too seriously. Nobody died. You clearly dont understand my point about not judging peoples morality on what they think about events at a football match. I dont think that justifies getting all self-righteous and huffy with fellow Hibbys who happen to disagree with you.

But have the results of Skacel's scan confirmed he won't play again then?

Honestly you'd think he killed the guy the way people are going on.

Hibby D
08-11-2010, 11:06 AM

I mean I don't enjoy seeing the guy turning up at our ground like but only because he's a half decent player playing for the enemy.

Think the fans performance matched that of the players today.

Totally agree! Skacel is still a player; something very few folk are prepared to acknowledge.

The performance of some fans yesterday equalled that of the team - pathetic!

Twa Cairpets
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
But have the results of Skacel's scan confirmed he won't play again then?

Honestly you'd think he killed the guy the way people are going on.

It's not the severity of the tackle people are objecting to, its the stupidity of it.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 11:27 AM
It's not the severity of the tackle people are objecting to, its the stupidity of it.

Oh and the glorious self righteousness that allows them too. Let's not forget that :agree:

Baader
08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Anything that allows that lot to gloat and enjoy their day more is a bad thing - Deek's red would have been the icing on the cake for them yesterday. What did it do for us except sum up that we are just hopeless and can't battle properly?

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh and the glorious self righteousness that allows them too. Let's not forget that :agree:

Or, indeed, the rational pragmatism that allows it as well.

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Or, indeed, the rational pragmatism that allows it as well.

The two are mutually inclusive I would suggest.

Dinkydoo
08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Wasn't that bad a tackle IMO; although I only seen it once and left after the red card was shown.

Still really, really unhappy in general with our performance yesterday. :grr:

The tackle was near the middle of the park, didn't look too malicious (although as I've said I only seen it once and not on tv). The sending off was the icing on the cake for me, Collum was rubbish all day :jamboak:

Twa Cairpets
08-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Hang on.

I can't think that the rash action of our captain is wrong without being "gloriously self righteous"? I think you've just defined the term inverted snobbery.

Would you have been so mellow about a player being utterly, utterly stupid and unprofessional had it been Rankin or de Graaf, or would you have been calling for him to be tarred and feathered?

Just because its Deeks doesnt make him immune from criticism. I find it unbelievable that anyone can defend his action.

khib70
08-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Hang on.

I can't think that the rash action of our captain is wrong without being "gloriously self righteous"? I think you've just defined the term inverted snobbery.

Would you have been so mellow about a player being utterly, utterly stupid and unprofessional had it been Rankin or de Graaf, or would you have been calling for him to be tarred and feathered?

Just because its Deeks doesnt make him immune from criticism. I find it unbelievable that anyone can defend his action.
:agree:Well said.

Better "glorious self righteousness" than the chest-beating manuppery displayed by some on this thread.

And you're absolutely bang on about the Deeks related hypocrisy. Had any other player ( especially Hogg, the previous captain) done this there would be a twenty page thread demanding he never wears the jersey again. Deeks' refusal to mature beyond the age of fifteenish is the reason his huge potential has never been, and never will be realised.

He might be the captain the missile throwing pond life deserve, but he's seriously let down the other 99.5% of the support.

The Voice Of Reason
08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
:agree:Well said.

Better "glorious self righteousness" than the chest-beating manuppery displayed by some on this thread.

And you're absolutely bang on about the Deeks related hypocrisy. Had any other player ( especially Hogg, the previous captain) done this there would be a twenty page thread demanding he never wears the jersey again. Deeks' refusal to mature beyond the age of fifteenish is the reason his huge potential has never been, and never will be realised.

He might be the captain the missile throwing pond life deserve, but he's seriously let down the other 99.5% of the support.

:agree: :top marks

Cropley10
08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Hang on.

I can't believe that you persistently and consistently assume the moral high ground on the issue. He did a bad thing. No body died and it didn't make any difference to Skacel or the result.

But you just want to bang on and on an on about it. Sorry but you are being incredibly self righteous. That's my opinion.

I can't see the point on a HIBS message board of spending so much time castigating one player for an act of stupidity. It's almost as if it's made your day. It will have made the Yams' day and they will just love reading your PoV, IMHO.

Twa Cairpets
08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
I can't believe that you persistently and consistently assume the moral high ground on the issue. He did a bad thing. No body died and it didn't make any difference to Skacel or the result.

But you just want to bang on and on an on about it. Sorry but you are being incredibly self righteous. That's my opinion.

I can't see the point on a HIBS message board of spending so much time castigating one player for an act of stupidity. It's almost as if it's made your day. It will have made the Yams' day and they will just love reading your PoV, IMHO.

If you actually read the rest of the posts, you'll notice that I've said I care not a jot about Skacel or Hearts. Try while you're at it to find something where I've been self righteous, because you won't.

I've not criticised the tackle in itself. if it had injured Skacel badly it wouldnt have made the slightest difference to my view that from a footballing point of view, what he did, as captain of the team I support, was indefensibly stupid, and gave those yams who you're so concerned about regarding my point of view something else to take the p!sh about.

As for "banging on about it", when people try to defend the indefensible it needs challenged. Thats what messageboards are for isn't it?

khib70
08-11-2010, 01:33 PM

Incredible stuff. It's not appropriate on a HIBS message board to criticise the HIBS CAPTAIN for what even you admit is an act of stupidity in our highest profile game so far?

Riordan is the one who "made the yams' day", not the vast and sensible majority of Hibs fans who rightly condemn his actions.

Still, "nobody died", eh? It's at least reassuring to know that the "Deeks can do no wrong" brigade would draw the line at actual homicide:rolleyes:

ReillyF5
08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Incredible stuff. It's not appropriate on a HIBS message board to criticise the HIBS CAPTAIN for what even you admit is an act of stupidity in our highest profile game so far?

Riordan is the one who "made the yams' day", not the vast and sensible majority of Hibs fans who rightly condemn his actions.

Still, "nobody died", eh? It's at least reassuring to know that the "Deeks can do no wrong" brigade would draw the line at actual homicide:rolleyes:

Mate, brick wall stuff here. He cant discuss things rationally. I'm sure he is passionate at ER (when he gets to a game) but I think its best just to let him live in a world where everything is hunky dory.

ac1
08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I read the board but rarely post but I am still raging today.

When is anybody in the media going to comment on the way Skacel conducts himself in these games? He is the biggest wind-up merchant I have ever come across - he goes out of his way to wind up the crowd and although not condoning the coin throwing I can understand the fans losing the plot when we are 2-0 down, playing terrible and he gives us the loser sign!

All through the game he was giving it high fives, mouthing to the crowd and sticking his fingers up - if that was deek to the Hearts end we would never hear the end of it.

As I say I don't condone the coin and lighter throwing but someone in the media should mention Skacels conduct in these game - this was not the first time either as he has lots of history of this. Kyle Lafferty would get crucified by the Celtic support if he conducted himself at Parkhead like this.

(((Fergus)))
08-11-2010, 02:27 PM

When is anybody in the media going to comment on the way Skacel conducts himself in these games? He is the biggest wind-up merchant I have ever come across - he goes out of his way to wind up the crowd and although not condoning the coin throwing I can understand the fans losing the plot when we are 2-0 down, playing terrible and he gives us the loser sign!

All through the game he was giving it high fives, mouthing to the crowd and sticking his fingers up - if that was deek to the Hearts end we would never hear the end of it.

As I say I don't condone the coin and lighter throwing but someone in the media should mention Skacels conduct in these game - this was not the first time either as he has lots of history of this. Kyle Lafferty would get crucified by the Celtic support if he conducted himself at Parkhead like this.

The abuse, such as it was, was two-way. Once he starts throwing objects into the crowd then he's fair game, not before.

ac1
08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Yep fair point mate! As I say I honestly don't condone the missile throwing and it looked to me like Kyle was hit by a coin in the first half as well.

I just would like to hear someone in the media maybe mention that Skacel goes out of his way to incite the crowd at these games - I know we should be big enough to take a bit back from a player if he is getting abused but he takes it way beyond that to a point where he is going to cause serious crowd disorder.

ScottB
08-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Yep fair point mate! As I say I honestly don't condone the missile throwing and it looked to me like Kyle was hit by a coin in the first half as well.

I just would like to hear someone in the media maybe mention that Skacel goes out of his way to incite the crowd at these games - I know we should be big enough to take a bit back from a player if he is getting abused but he takes it way beyond that to a point where he is going to cause serious crowd disorder.

Skackel probably gets more abuse from us than any other player, that he inevitably reacts is to be expected, just as Deek resorted to winding up the crowd at Tynecastle last season. I don't recall anyone wanting him punished for that. Both these guys are the big players for their respective sides and the big villans for the opposition, both attract huge amounts of abuse during these games and both react to it.

For me, if I'm man enough to chant abuse at a player, I'm man enough to watch him make a loser sign back at me without hurling the contents of my wallet at him. To expect players to just ignore it is a nonsense, particularly when a section of our support, after presumably chanting abuse for 90 minutes flips out and starts throwing stuff at the guy after a hand gesture.

Honestly it would have annoyed them more if we'd done nothing or just sung louder, tossing coins at him is a win for Hearts make no mistake, and has largely pushed their supports terrible behaviour out of the spotlight. Without it the papers today would ran with pictures of flares and damaged seats, rather than stories about our fans acting like 12 year olds.

ac1
08-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Totally agree with you regarding the missile throwing and the abuse, my point is that in the media Derek Riordan is regarded as a Ned and a trouble maker because of his actions - Rudi Skacel as far as I can see is getting away with it. I have read plenty of reports today concerning Hibs fans and their behaviour and plenty of reports about Derek Riordan and his behaviour but zero comments on Skacel.

We should rightly be punished but at every derby game I have attended that Skacel has played his actions/incitement of the crowd has never been mentioned in the media.

ScottB
08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Totally agree with you regarding the missile throwing and the abuse, my point is that in the media Derek Riordan is regarded as a Ned and a trouble maker because of his actions - Rudi Skacel as far as I can see is getting away with it. I have read plenty of reports today concerning Hibs fans and their behaviour and plenty of reports about Derek Riordan and his behaviour but zero comments on Skacel.

We should rightly be punished but at every derby game I have attended that Skacel has played his actions/incitement of the crowd has never been mentioned in the media.

Kinda fits my point, the media have Riordan down as a stock badly behaved footballer story. Had he kept his head then maybe we'd be reading stories about the conduct of the Hearts players, but once again he lost it and the media gets to go Edit > Copy > Paste with their stock Riordan stories.

Black Kyle
08-11-2010, 05:20 PM
The issue here is simply does that kind of tackle befit someone who is representing the club as captain and whose actions have now left the club with even less resources for a midweek match against the league champions away from home?

No wonder CC apparently didn't even look at Deek when he came off.

No need or justification, ever.

Judas Iscariot
08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Remember a few seasons back when Ian Murray absolutely nailed McGreedy in the last minute of the last game of the season at Darkheid and got a straight red?!

Majority of folk were sayin "Well done" "Wee judas deserved it" etc etc..

Why wasn't there the same ridiculous uproar then as there is now?!

If our powder puff midfielders actually had a bit grit, steel, bottle, savvy and a tackle between them Satchel shouldve been nailed in the 1st 5-10 mins then Riordan wouldn't of done that..

Pity Deek didn't hit the wee welt harder yesterday...

Westie1875
08-11-2010, 05:53 PM
It was a wreckless tackle and a red card, but I've seen a lot worse go unpunished. Can't help but feel that more is being made of it because of who it involved from both sides, say it had been stevenson on Black, or Wotherspoon on Templeton would it be as much of an issue for people?

Dinkydoo
08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
When is anybody in the media going to comment on the way Skacel conducts himself in these games? He is the biggest wind-up merchant I have ever come across - he goes out of his way to wind up the crowd and although not condoning the coin throwing I can understand the fans losing the plot when we are 2-0 down, playing terrible and he gives us the loser sign! .

Since Boruc was never proprerly punished for his stupidity then I'd suspect that the SFA will turn a blind eye to Skacel acting like a tit as well, along with the majority of the media.

Despite everything else, it's bloody dangerous to wind up opposing fans on derby day - let's just hope he meets Stack on his next night out eh. :greengrin

ac1
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Since Boruc was never proprerly punished for his stupidity then I'd suspect that the SFA will turn a blind eye to Skacel acting like a tit as well, along with the majority of the media.

Despite everything else, it's bloody dangerous to wind up opposing fans on derby day - let's just hope he meets Stack on his next night out eh. :greengrin

ha ha! that I would enjoy! :wink:

silverhibee
08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Skackel probably gets more abuse from us than any other player, that he inevitably reacts is to be expected, just as Deek resorted to winding up the crowd at Tynecastle last season. I don't recall anyone wanting him punished for that. Both these guys are the big players for their respective sides and the big villans for the opposition, both attract huge amounts of abuse during these games and both react to it.

For me, if I'm man enough to chant abuse at a player, I'm man enough to watch him make a loser sign back at me without hurling the contents of my wallet at him. To expect players to just ignore it is a nonsense, particularly when a section of our support, after presumably chanting abuse for 90 minutes flips out and starts throwing stuff at the guy after a hand gesture.

Honestly it would have annoyed them more if we'd done nothing or just sung louder, tossing coins at him is a win for Hearts make no mistake, and has largely pushed their supports terrible behaviour out of the spotlight. Without it the papers today would ran with pictures of flares and damaged seats, rather than stories about our fans acting like 12 year olds.

He done nothing wrong that night,why would he have got punished for that scored a penalty and celabrated the goal, yams invaded the pitch and tried to attack Riordan, i remember that night and watching the missiles reign down on Riordan as he tried to take corners that night.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Remember a few seasons back when Ian Murray absolutely nailed McGreedy in the last minute of the last game of the season at Darkheid and got a straight red?!

Pity Deek didn't hit the wee welt harder yesterday...

:top marks :agree: :thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
08-11-2010, 06:41 PM

We must have the thickest fans in the world if they enjoyed Riordan's moment of madness. :grr: :confused:You say he tried to break Skacels leg. It must be the most feeble attempted leg breaker i've ever seen, yes it was a bit high and late but it was never going to injure him. Napoli player against Liverpool last week was far worse and nothing happened to him.

ronaldo7
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM

Absolutely spot on mate:top marks

Watch how Skacel goes over to the touchline and give the Hibs fans the Loser sign, and nothing said about it. It's unfortunate that the east gave him his get out with the coins and lighters. Their's also an incident when deek is making his way off the pitch, and Locke has a go at him.
Gareth Evans has a word with Locke at the end of the game about it.

The yams were on the wind up, it's just a shame some of our guys lost the plot, and some of the hacks couldn't see what was going on.

.Sean.
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Skacel is an absolute bawbag. Wind-up merchant personified. He knew what he was doing with his gestures yesterday - What kind of reaction was he expecting?

**** Rudi Skacel. Derek Riordan didn't hit him hard enough.