PDA

View Full Version : The hardest derby defeat to take since THAT Semi-final............

lyonhibs
07-11-2010, 08:04 PM
If this comes across as a bit of a rant, then I'm not going to apologise, because that's what it is. I said to a couple of folk one here - in person - that Hibs worst enemy on Derby Day has always been Hibs ourselves, and christ never has it been truer. Losing to Hearts is grim, its awful at Easter Road, but to do so in such a meek, one dimensional fashion was infuriating beyond belief. Do any of the players know what it is to pull on the green and white??

We just keep changing manager, new dawn after new dawn and the problem remains. This leads me to summarise that a large part of the problem lies at the door of the players, not necessarily on a technical level, but when it comes to determination and heart, The Jambos - once again - absolutely owned us on our own patch. They only had 1 player - Templeton - who ever dared to play a bit of football, but that was still 1 more than us, and more than enough to win. Folk will say they only had 2 chances - well, that's 2 more chances than we can lay claim to.

Who cares about their debt, the fact that Barr is pish, the falling share price of UBIG??!! They have what we can only dream of at the moment - a football TEAM. And yes, they're pish, but Jeffries and/or their own professionalism makes them greater than the sum of their parts come Derby Day - something our green bellied cowards could do with learning sharpish.

Look at our shiny new stand, look at the training complex. Great, wonderful, and I'd much sooner have them than not, but they mean **** all if the players that take to the pitch don't even come close to doing them justice. I bet the Jambos cannot believe they had it so easy - high ball after high ball after high ball. We must have won about 2 headers in their half all game.

So predictable, and Calderwood has an mammoth task ahead of him. The January transfer window needs to be something special, and safe to say, I have my doubts :grr::grr:

RickyS
07-11-2010, 09:22 PM
If this comes across as a bit of a rant, then I'm not going to apologise, because that's what it is. I said to a couple of folk one here - in person - that Hibs worst enemy on Derby Day has always been Hibs ourselves, and christ never has it been truer. Losing to Hearts is grim, its awful at Easter Road, but to do so in such a meek, one dimensional fashion was infuriating beyond belief. Do any of the players know what it is to pull on the green and white??

We just keep changing manager, new dawn after new dawn and the problem remains. This leads me to summarise that a large part of the problem lies at the door of the players, not necessarily on a technical level, but when it comes to determination and heart, The Jambos - once again - absolutely owned us on our own patch. They only had 1 player - Templeton - who ever dared to play a bit of football, but that was still 1 more than us, and more than enough to win. Folk will say they only had 2 chances - well, that's 2 more chances than we can lay claim to.

Who cares about their debt, the fact that Barr is pish, the falling share price of UBIG??!! They have what we can only dream of at the moment - a football TEAM. And yes, they're pish, but Jeffries and/or their own professionalism makes them greater than the sum of their parts come Derby Day - something our green bellied cowards could do with learning sharpish.

Look at our shiny new stand, look at the training complex. Great, wonderful, and I'd much sooner have them than not, but they mean **** all if the players that take to the pitch don't even come close to doing them justice. I bet the Jambos cannot believe they had it so easy - high ball after high ball after high ball. We must have won about 2 headers in their half all game.

So predictable, and Calderwood has an mammoth task ahead of him. The January transfer window needs to be something special, and safe to say, I have my doubts :grr::grr:

agree with all of that mate, saved me a load of typing. I have taken this defeat a lot worse than a normal defeat. I just can't accept that we lacked the urgency, tenacity, passion that you can fall back on in a scrappy game. They wanted it more no doubt about it and that hurts as much as the defeat does.
A Yam mate said to me- that was the easiest derby he has ever seen and having seen all the teams in the SPL we are by far the worst.
Couldnae argue could I, the table disnae lie as they say.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Today was an embarrasment to Hibernian Football Club. Hearts weren't that great but they beat us so easily.

Total embarrasment, the worrying thing is our players couldn't really give a ****. :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
07-11-2010, 09:47 PM

Unfortunately that is a very accurate post.

Well said. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I find a Derby defeat harder to take when we have been the better team and lost, that game only had 1 team that looked like they were up for it and unfortunately they were not wearing green! Embarassing, but, and this is the thing thats hard to take, not surprising anymore - bunch of imposters!

Baader
08-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I find a Derby defeat harder to take when we have been the better team and lost, that game only had 1 team that looked like they were up for it and unfortunately they were not wearing green! Embarassing, but, and this is the thing thats hard to take, not surprising anymore - bunch of imposters!

Totally agree. The worst ones are when we've been good and lost. I've seen Hibs play them off the park - and still get nothing.

Hate losing any of them and sadly seen it to many times but yesterday didn't really tell us anything we didn't know - except maybe that the rot is a lot more deep seated than we may have thought. We need a complete overhaul and hopefully that will happen. I wouldn't be sentimental in who I would kick out the club.

tamig
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Agree totally. Disappointed with the performance more than anything. There have been way more derby's we've lost when we haven't deserved it. Yesterday was not one of those days.

Houchy
08-11-2010, 08:51 PM

The good thing in this transfer window is that we won't be getting raped by Rantic for our players.

stubru59
08-11-2010, 08:53 PM
The good thing in this transfer window is that we won't be getting raped by Rantic for our players.

More is the pity!

Houchy
08-11-2010, 08:56 PM
More is the pity!

:agree::agree::greengrin

PISTOL1875
08-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Today was an embarrasment to Hibernian Football Club. Hearts weren't that great but they beat us so easily.

Total embarrasment, the worrying thing is our players couldn't really give a ****. :bitchy:

Correct..

Nobody likes to lose games and especially derbies but the think that made me so angry was the way we lost.. We got pissed on and it seemed like some players just didnt give a flying ****...