PDA

View Full Version : Worst Hearts team since mid 70's?

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Hearts were really poor today and I think will struggle to make the top 6. The fact that we rarely threatened an average defence and panicked everytime their mediocre forwards got near our box says it all.

Calderwood has been left with a huge mess and given the scale of the task I think he needs to quickly recruit an experienced assistant with SPL experience. We also need investment in experienced and quality signings in January. I have watched Hibs for around 40 years and you know when a team is in trouble. This is relegation form.

I'm struggling to see where our next points will come from and am regretting having tickets for Ibrox. As well as being unable to defend I just couldn't see us scoring today.

Until January we need to make ourselves tough to beat and grind out some results. We need Ian Murray back in the team to provide some fight and leadership. We need Wotherspoon in the team and we need to ditch Rankin and Stevenson. Our full backs are ponderous and slow and the central defensive pairing failed again. At least our keeper appears competent.

Aldoo
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=Crab apple;2628864]Hearts were really poor today and I think will struggle to make the top 6. The fact that we rarely threatened an average defence and panicked everytime their mediocre forwards got near our box says it all.

Why oh why every time that we get beat by them does someone pipe up with the 'worst Hearts team in (insert X amount of years here)' does not matter how bad you think they are, they are organised, strong and streetwise which is exactly what is required to be very competive in the SPL. Basically everything we are not!

kevinc
07-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Hearts were really poor today and I think will struggle to make the top 6. The fact that we rarely threatened an average defence and panicked everytime their mediocre forwards got near our box says it all.

Calderwood has been left with a huge mess and given the scale of the task I think he needs to quickly recruit an experienced assistant with SPL experience. We also need investment in experienced and quality signings in January. I have watched Hibs for around 40 years and you know when a team is in trouble. This is relegation form.

I'm struggling to see where our next points will come from and am regretting having tickets for Ibrox. As well as being unable to defend I just couldn't see us scoring today.

Until January we need to make ourselves tough to beat and grind out some results. We need Ian Murray back in the team to provide some fight and leadership. We need Wotherspoon in the team and we need to ditch Rankin and Stevenson. Our full backs are ponderous and slow and the central defensive pairing failed again. At least our keeper appears competent.

You are either a Jambo, clueless or both;I'll go for the latter. Back 4 is nowhere close to being our biggest problem, re the full-backs how many times did today's problems come from the flanks? Templeton scored as a result of Galbraith, de Graff & Bamba not deailng with his direct running.

How does assistant with knowledge of the SPL improve us?

BTW your team will finish in the top 4.

lapsedhibee
07-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Why oh why every time that we get beat by them does someone pipe up with the 'worst Hearts team in (insert X amount of years here)' does not matter how bad you think they are, they are organised, strong and streetwise which is exactly what is required to be very competive in the SPLSadly true. We were terrible today but I wouldn't want to watch Hertz every week, whether they finish in the top four or not. Well documented that they're a big, physical team. The SPL might be just a tiny wee bit better, though, if Zaliukas didn't still get away with his wrestling in the box. Why don't the officials put a stop to this once and for all by giving a penalty against him? How many years has he been doing this week in, week out? (I assume he doesn't just do it against us.) Saw the ref give a penalty for exactly what he does in one of Arsenal's CL games this season - long overdue in the SPL.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2010, 06:53 PM

I would agree re how poor Hearts are, if they were half decent and less one dimensional going forward they could easily have taken 7 of us today. They didn't

I think the middle of our defence has been abysmal for 2 or 3 seasons, I think you might be right about Rankin, we keep picking the others as they are all we have, we shuffle the same pack around as thats what the various managers who have left have left us with, I would add Hanlon to that and probably Bamba and get back to big basic guys who boss the game, Hart can do a job, I agre re Murray but am struggling to think about who else I would be upset about losing from todays "showing"

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
You are either a Jambo, clueless or both;I'll go for the latter. Back 4 is nowhere close to being our biggest problem, re the full-backs how many times did today's problems come from the flanks? Templeton scored as a result of Galbraith, de Graff & Bamba not deailng with his direct running.

How does aassistant with knowledge of the SPL improve us?

Judging by your use of grammar and spelling I think it is obvious you are clueless.

I don't need to justify my Hibs credentials to you but if you want to debate them then I'll meet you at Ibrox midweek to discuss.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2010, 07:05 PM

How does aassistant with knowledge of the SPL improve us?

PS, contradiction in terms? :greengrin

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Crab apple;2628864]Hearts were really poor today and I think will struggle to make the top 6. The fact that we rarely threatened an average defence and panicked everytime their mediocre forwards got near our box says it all.

Why oh why every time that we get beat by them does someone pipe up with the 'worst Hearts team in (insert X amount of years here)' does not matter how bad you think they are, they are organised, strong and streetwise which is exactly what is required to be very competive in the SPL. Basically everything we are not!

Because imho they are very very poor. That's not to disguise our inadequacies - it simply reinfocres them. Having sat through one to many derbies during the Miller years when the exact same thing used to happen I feel well placed to comment. We need to get quality, experience and toughness in the players brought in during the January window. Calderwood can then get them organised to ensure there is no repeat.

Hibbie_Cameron
07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Cant believe there is a thread on here after one of the easiest derby wins in years, stating how crap hearts are.

There are far more serious issues to think about regarding are own club rather than worrying about how good or bad hearts are

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Cant believe there is a thread on here after one of the easiest derby wins in years, stating how crap hearts are.

There are far more serious issues to think about regarding are own club rather than worrying about how good or bad hearts are

Most teams look to their nearest rivals as a measure of how successful they are. Geordies and Mackems for example. Not the sole criteria but an important one nonetheless. We have serious problems and the fact that imho Hearts are crap makes it all the worse.

Hibbie_Cameron
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Most teams look to their nearest rivals as a measure of how successful they are. Geordies and Mackems for example. Not the sole criteria but an important one nonetheless. We have serious problems and the fact that imho Hearts are crap makes it all the worse.

The more worrying thing for me is not how crap hearts are, its how crap St Mirren are, yet the beat us with ease

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
The more worrying thing for me is not how crap hearts are, its how crap St Mirren are, yet the beat us with ease

Agree. As did Aberdeen :shocked:

Yuillsy
07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbie_Cameron;2629109]Cant believe there is a thread on here after one of the easiest derby wins in years, stating how crap hearts are.

There are far more serious issues to think about regarding are own club rather than worrying about how good or bad hearts are[/QUOTE

Excellent point. Hibs let Hearts bully them in every area of the pitch today and totally allowed them to play to their strengths. Hibs totally lack a physical presence and this must be addressed in january.

kevinc
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Judging by your use of grammar and spelling I think it is obvious you are clueless.

I don't need to justify my Hibs credentials to you but if you want to debate them then I'll meet you at Ibrox midweek to discuss.

Happy to do so, PM me for arrangements, back to your initial post how does an spl savvy assistant, Murray in midfield and Spoony in the team sort out our defensive frailties? Clueless:bye:

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=Crab apple;2629097]
Spelling may not be your strong point.

While your strongest point appears to be talking pish. Seventy odd mind numbingly banal posts with your prediction that Kyle and Barr would be signing in the January window a measure of your knowledge of the game. Unless of course you are a Jambo. Surely not?

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Happy to do so, PM me for arrangements, back to your initial post how does an spl savvy assistant, Murray in midfield and Spoony in the team sort out our defensive frailties? Clueless:bye:

Attention to detail lacking as well Kev. Read the post again. I said we need to get Murray back in the team. I'd play him at left back. sponny being back in the team instead of galbraith would help to sort out our defensive frailties because he would track more than Galbraith. These are both minor points. We need a major overhaul in January. I suspect that if you have ever attended Ibrox Kev it will be with your hun loving brethern.

kevinc
07-11-2010, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=kevinc;2629605]

While your strongest point appears to be talking pish. Seventy odd mind numbingly banal posts with your prediction that Kyle and Barr would be signing in the January window a measure of your knowledge of the game. Unless of course you are a Jambo. Surely not?
Still waiting on your pm. posting about speculation during transfer windows has no bearing on football knowledge. Unfortunately I dont have the desire to read through all ***** you have posted, maybe you could respond/enlighten me on your rationale behind your OP and the 'meet' you requested;put up or shut up. Not a Jambo BTW.

Hibercelona
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Another thread showing the measure of our true class. :rolleyes:

Can't we all just agree that we're by far the worst team in the league as it currently stands?

Because thats all I can see.

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=Crab apple;2629647]
Still waiting on your pm. posting about speculation during transfer windows has no bearing on football knowledge. Unfortunately I dont have the desire to read through all ***** you have posted, maybe you could respond/enlighten me on your rationale behind your OP and the 'meet' you requested;put up or shut up. Not a Jambo BTW.

Kev you responded to my original post by stating that I was a clueless jambo. It's not really a considered response is it? I'll be at Ibrox on Wednesday and simply used this as a means to justify my hibs credentials. I could post you my seat details if you want my love but I don't think you'll be there. The fact that as well as not being able to spell you now resort to swearing confirms to me that you are very likely to be a jambo and not really someone I'd want to meet.

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Another thread showing the measure of our true class. :rolleyes:

Can't we all just agree that we're by far the worst team in the league as it currently stands?

Because thats all I can see.

I hope that after January and some new signings we can start moving up the table.

kevinc
07-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Attention to detail lacking as well Kev. Read the post again. I said we need to get Murray back in the team. I'd play him at left back. sponny being back in the team instead of galbraith would help to sort out our defensive frailties because he would track more than Galbraith. These are both minor points. We need a major overhaul in January. I suspect that if you have ever attended Ibrox Kev it will be with your hun loving brethern.

Apologies, I did some assuming and thought that Stevenson and Rankin out & Murray and Sponny(Spoony) in meant changes in midfield. I have attended ALL Hibs games at Ibrox since 1992 and someone with my name, background and beliefs is unlikely to be welcome as part of the hun loving brethern, first a jambo now a hun; next. I await the PM. BTW I agree on the overhaul, midfield & up top are the priorities.

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Apologies, I did some assuming and thought that Stevenson and Rankin out & Murray and Sponny(Spoony) in meant changes in midfield. I have attended ALL Hibs games at Ibrox since 1992 and someone with my name, background and beliefs is unlikely to be welcome as part of the hun loving brethern, first a jambo now a hun; next. I await the PM. BTW I agree on the overhaul, midfield & up top are the priorities.

Apology accepted. Perhaps in future you will refrain from throwing insults. I don't take well to being called a jambo.

It's sometimes difficult to distinguish between huns and jambos. I've been to most game at Ibrox since 1980 including Colin Harris scoring the winner in 84 (I think) We were in the mire at that time but that result helped to lift things so here's hoping for more of the same on Wednesday.

kevinc
07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=kevinc;2629671]

Kev you responded to my original post by stating that I was a clueless jambo. It's not really a considered response is it? I'll be at Ibrox on Wednesday and simply used this as a means to justify my hibs credentials. I could post you my seat details if you want my love but I don't think you'll be there. The fact that as well as not being able to spell you now resort to swearing confirms to me that you are very likely to be a jambo and not really someone I'd want to meet.I'll be there also, you offered the meet up, also seem to have spelling difficulties, I would appreciate a sensible response to back up your OP, put up or shut up.

truehibernian
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Been about way to long, so for those that think that's the worst Hearts team since the 70's, sadly you are mistaken.

Today they were 100% worthy of not only all 3 points, but I am surprised they took their foot off the gas after the second. Had they really wanted to, the heads in the Hibs team went down after the first, and they really could have stuck it right up us IMHO.

The team was bereft of leadership again, fight, passion and desire. The fact that Jumbo was so relaxed when interviewed during the game said it all. He must have looked at the team sheet of Hibs and laughed up him large sleeves. Where on earth is a Hibs goal coming from other than from a set piece ?

For me, Kyle led the line like a true target man and warrior. Utter handful.

Templeton.........makes Wotherspoon look distinctly average. Twice he has played at ER, twice he has looked superb.

Black had Miller scared from the first whistle. Miller again showed up for the coward that he is. Scared to put a foot in, cannot tackle for toffee and is really anonymous now in games.

De Graaf............oh dear Mr Hughes, oh dear. What an excuse of a footballer.

Grounds......plays football like he is in slow motion. Sooner he is away and Booth is in, the better.

Trakys..........I can only imagine it is a sick joke by some football agent that he has been signed as a footballer. How can a player fall on his knees from a throw-in when under no pressure.

The fault for our current position was in the Sky studio today. Step forward Mr John Hughes. He has taken the club back to the horrible Williamson days and beyond. Terrible lack of foresight, judgement and transfer policy. CC is now stuck and literally saddled with these no marks.

And as for Riordan today. What a wee thug of a player. Love him as a footballer when on song, but he was a disgrace today. That challenge could have ended that guys season, Hearts player or otherwise. As for the fans throwing coins.......you were about as classy as our team today.......you should be ashamed, utterly ashamed. Embarrassed to be a Hibernian supporter for so many reasons today it's untrue.

And as I posted earlier....great to see some of the players in the pub only an hour after the game. That's true professionalism for you. They really really do care you know.....honest they do !!!!

Crab apple
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=Crab apple;2629688]I'll be there also, you offered the meet up, also seem to have spelling difficulties, I would appreciate a sensible response to back up your OP, put up or shut up.

Love the sound of the 'meet up'. PM on its way. Night night sweety. Don't forget the spelling lessons in the morning.

Saorsa
07-11-2010, 11:18 PM
And still we cannae beat them! :bitchy: They are pish, we are pish but they have players who are up for the fight and we have a bunch of ****in' pansies. In the 30 odd years I've been watching Hibs I've seen some ****in' *****e but I've never seen such a collective bunch of gutless ****in' losers, that's what galls me. These pricks pick up their wages every week no matter how bad they are and they dinnae give a ****.