PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think we didn't miss Colin Nish today?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm not so naive that I expect the Nish haters to admit that they now see the big man's worth, but what about the rest of us?

We punted ball after ball at Galbraith on the wing and Deek in the middle.

They didn't win win one.

Glaring, imo.

Twiglet
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
In turned to my cousin and the woman beside us after about 15 minutes and said we were missing Nish.

He gets such a tough time, but when he's gone...

tamig
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm not so naive that I expect the Nish haters to admit that they now see the big man's worth, but what about the rest of us?

They didn't win win one.

Glaring, imo.

We could do with any half decent striker just now to be fair. Another legacy of our ex-leader leaving us short up front. Thought we'd have been better with Galbraith playing through the middle but yes, agree that we are missing Nish.

millarco
07-11-2010, 05:42 PM

They didn't win win one.

Glaring, imo.

We missed having a striker to act as an out ball, bring others in to play and provide a goal threat. We've been missing this since Killen left, Nish wouldn't have changed things much IMO.

burghhibs
07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
A blind man could see we missed Nish today.........
nothing to offer up front
no target man
Get well soon!:wink:

hibee_girl
07-11-2010, 05:45 PM
He was badly missed today

ballengeich
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
We did indeed miss him, not just for the long high balls, but because he's invariably involved in our better moves by linking up with other attackers. He's frustrating to watch at times, but he does a lot of good work for us - definitely one we should retain.

Albion Hibs
07-11-2010, 05:47 PM

They didn't win win one.

Glaring, imo.

We missed him massively which will disapoint the haters like there is no tomorrow, but anyone who cant see how much we missed him is kidding themselves.

shamo9
07-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Saw him outside the West after the game. He looked pretty relieved to be out of the firing line! Trakys makes him look like the next Hibs player on the Old Firm wish list.

He was walking fine, so hopefully he'll be back for Motherwell (I've already written off the Rangers game).

Houchy
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Saw him outside the West after the game. He looked pretty relieved to be out of the firing line! Trakys makes him look like the next Hibs player on the Old Firm wish list.

He was walking fine, so hopefully he'll be back for Motherwell (I've already written off the Rangers game).

:greengrin Easy Tiger:greengrin I hold my hands up and say that i'm not a fan of Nish but it is clear how much he was missed today.

thebakerboy
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
In the first half we kept pumping balls up yo Galbraith and Riordan and then brought Trakys on at half time and stopped playing high balls up the middle. Footballers and brains words that don't go together.:grr::confused::boo hoo:

crash
07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Judging by some of the comments on this thread the posters havent witnessed Nish's performances in previous derbies. Nish has had plenty chances against them and has been a total pussy every time.

HFC 0-7
07-11-2010, 06:09 PM
A blind man could see we missed Nish today.........
nothing to offer up front
no target man
Get well soon!:wink:

Couple of things here, I am always being told that Nish isnt a target man and thats why he is pretty rubbish when we hump long balls up to him. Even if he was playing today I dont think he would have done much. I was disappointed with calderwoods tactics today with humping the ball forward, this may be down to the way he set the side out in midfield as they offered nothing and the end result was a lump forward. Dont think we missed himtoday to be honest, the main problem today was the midfield and defence. Defence leaked again and the midfield was shocking.

Hibbyradge
Judging by some of the comments on this thread the posters havent witnessed Nish's performances in previous derbies. Nish has had plenty chances against them and has been a total pussy every time.

So we were better without him today? :dunno:

Alfred E Newman

Well he would have been in good company today.

hibsbollah
07-11-2010, 06:12 PM

They didn't win win one.

Glaring, imo.

The fact we were garbage had nothing to do with Nish's absence. You may as well argue that Konte or Hurtado's absence was 'glaring'.

essexhibee
07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I think hes rubbish but tbh if we are going to play this 4-5-1 formation then he needs to be in the team and be the target man. Push derek out to the left.

Derek riordan as the target man is a the worst idea ever.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
The fact we were garbage had nothing to do with Nish's absence. You may as well argue that Konte or Hurtado's absence was 'glaring'.

Not at all.

Trakys was woeful when he came on and he's better than either you mention.

We missed Colin Nish.

hibsbollah
07-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Not at all.

Trakys was woeful when he came on and he's better than either you mention.

We missed Colin Nish.

Again, I dont get your logic:confused: Trakys was indeed woeful. But it doesnt follow that we would have been better off playing someone like Nish instead.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Again, I dont get your logic:confused: Trakys was indeed woeful. But it doesnt follow that we would have been better off playing someone like Nish instead.

Nish is much better and more experienced that Trakys. He would have made a huge difference to our attacking options.

Who else would you have played? Our attack was pitiful.

What would you have suggested to make us more potent?

crash
07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
So we were better without him today? :dunno:
Think you missed the point. Nish, and for that matter Hogg,Rankin,Stevenson are tried and tested failures who will never be good enough to play for a Hibs team in games like todays. Time and again they are dropped, then reinstated as if they are going to be any better, which they never are.

Spike Mandela
07-11-2010, 06:39 PM
This thread is clutching at straws IMO.

We need root and branch overhaul of the whole team. Nish is as poor as the rest of them.

sKipper
07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
No danger did we miss Nish.

He is actually worse than the rest of them.

Toaods
07-11-2010, 09:57 PM
1. Yes we missed Nish today compared to what was selected.

2. Yes we miss a powerfull striker in the Mixu/Kyle mould even more than Nish.

latapy10
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
We missed him massively which will disapoint the haters like there is no tomorrow, but anyone who cant see how much we missed him is kidding themselves.:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

davym7062
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
FFS colin nish? is that the best we can do? we are are a poor side that never looked liked scoring today. i would get rid of the lot of them :agree:

marinello59
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Better put your pampers on. :greengrin Nish would have made a difference today. Deeks is much better with him than without him. Nish is no world beater but as Hearts showed today, you don't have to be to succeed in the SPL.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
We would have missed a blind, deaf mute with no arms, legs or bushy eye brows today. Hibs were so bad.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Just because he would improve that Hibs team does not mean he is not s***e though. It's a sad day indeed when people are waiting on Colin Nish to turn our season around.:bitchy:

marinello59
07-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Just because he would improve that Hibs team does not mean he is not s***e though. It's a sad day indeed when people are waiting on Colin Nish to turn our season around.:bitchy:

So if he would have improved the Hibs team today you agree he should have played if fit then.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
So if he would have improved the Hibs team today you agree he should have played if fit then.

Yes but he wasn't.

My point was that he is a terrible footballer but we could still have used him today we were that bad.

Septimus
08-11-2010, 03:25 AM
It would have taken more than a fit Nish to beat Hearts today but he is a supporter and we might have seen some passion. We would certainly not have seen any skill or ability because he very little. There are continual arguments on this board as to whether a player has it or does not. The results are there for all to see. It is time to move on, clear out, accept that we have to rebuild and do just that. In the meantime our attention should be focussed on the young players that we have. The players who have been proved worthless should be moved on. NOW.

Calderwood's face yesterday showed that he can see the mess we are in. Hopefully he is the man to bring about the radical change that is needed.