PDA

View Full Version : Another wasted opportunity

matty_f
07-11-2010, 05:18 PM
17 thousand plus at the game today - a good attendance containing folk who won't have been for some time, and a real chance to start getting these people to start filling the stand on a regular basis.

And again, as always seems to happen when we have a chance like this, the players don't turn up.

I'm struggling to find words to convey how pissed off I am with Hibs at the moment. If it wasn't for the fact that I have some semblance of optimism about Calderwood, I'd seriously consider handing out my season ticket more often.

Really struggling to rationalise why I should care so much when the players don't.

Again, we've had a chance to move the club on, and instead we've given the fans that usually stay away another reason to keep doing so.

Davy Mac
07-11-2010, 05:27 PM
17 thousand plus at the game today - a good attendance containing folk who won't have been for some time, and a real chance to start getting these people to start filling the stand on a regular basis.

And again, as always seems to happen when we have a chance like this, the players don't turn up.

I'm struggling to find words to convey how pissed off I am with Hibs at the moment. If it wasn't for the fact that I have some semblance of optimism about Calderwood, I'd seriously consider handing out my season ticket more often.

Really struggling to rationalise why I should care so much when the players don't.

Again, we've had a chance to move the club on, and instead we've given the fans that usually stay away another reason to keep doing so.

:agree:

I think Aberdeen fans will be asking the same question.

What gets me is how come a bunch of fudleys like the Hertz look like the give a shxte when our players hide.......I just don't understand it.

Malthibby
07-11-2010, 05:32 PM
It was grim, it was awful - i think we need to find the odd result to make sure we don't get detached before the next signing window, then rebuild.
Word to the fans though - chucking stuff on the pitch isn't going to help. I couldn't afford to chuck money or my scarf away. It's also about as useful as your captain getting himself sent off for a vindictive tackle & leaving us without anyone up front for the next match.
Gonna be a lousy few days.

TheEastTerrace
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM

Matty, good points and I will not be back at Easter Road after that 'performance' today. Not only do I find it a disgrace that the current players have the audacity to pick up a four figure wage at end of each week, they have done nothing that I can see that merits our support. It may be the emotion of derby defeat, but Hibs may just have lost another paying supporter until the club start getting it right on the pitch. I come to watch players who are prepared to offer commitment, dedication, skill and desire for the club. I saw none of that today. So, no they deserve eff all as far as I'm concerned. It's a two way street and I feel sickened by today.

matty_f
07-11-2010, 06:01 PM
:agree:

I think Aberdeen fans will be asking the same question.

What gets me is how come a bunch of fudleys like the Hertz look like the give a shxte when our players hide.......I just don't understand it.

We are by far and away the biggest game of the season for the Yams. Their management team make sure that the players know it. We seem to treat it like just another game. Epic failures at being up for it at derbies.

It was grim, it was awful - i think we need to find the odd result to make sure we don't get detached before the next signing window, then rebuild.
Word to the fans though - chucking stuff on the pitch isn't going to help. I couldn't afford to chuck money or my scarf away. It's also about as useful as your captain getting himself sent off for a vindictive tackle & leaving us without anyone up front for the next match.
Gonna be a lousy few days.

:agree: Agree with all of that.

chorley_fm
07-11-2010, 06:10 PM
We are by far and away the biggest game of the season for the Yams. Their management team make sure that the players know it. We seem to treat it like just another game. Epic failures at being up for it at derbies.

We are and always have been their cup final

Very rarely do we show the passion and determination they do.

Its sickening

MrSmith
07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Matty, you have put into words exactly how I'm feeling! The only difference for me, at this very moment is, excluding the woeful players contribution, is that I hope the board can see that their fiscal policy has crippled us as a team and that selling quality and buying in haberdashery does not work. It is their time to walk!