PDA

View Full Version : Trakys

one day maybe...
07-11-2010, 03:47 PM
If Kurtis Byrne can,t get a game before this guy come January, he should just throw his boots into the bucket and go get a job selling tickets at a cinema complex.

Utter pesh he was when he came on... :grr:

SneakersO'Toole
07-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Absolute donkey.

However, as were the other players wearing green and white today.

Embarrassment the whole lot of them.

Dirkster23
07-11-2010, 03:51 PM
If Kurtis Byrne can,t get a game before this guy come January, he should just throw his boots into the bucket and go get a job selling tickets at a cinema complex.

Utter pesh he was when he came on... :grr:

Took the ball in a few times and made decent lay offs. Hard to judge a forward when there's absolutely no service to them.

What do you think Byrne would have managed today with no service?

one day maybe...
07-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Took the ball in a few times and made decent lay offs. Hard to judge a forward when there's absolutely no service to them.

What do you think Byrne would have managed today with no service?

Not sure what he will add, I did however state that if he cant add anything, then he should hang his boots up... :greengrin

stevenhibs
07-11-2010, 03:55 PM
He was utter garbage. Yeah, he knocked the ball down a few times but to no one at all.

As mentioned before though, they were all dire!

JennaFletcher
07-11-2010, 04:04 PM
No way that this dire performance can be pinned on to any single player... the whole team were responsible. No passion, no drive, no enthusiasm, no fight. You go 1-0 down, you instinctively realise that you need to push on, pass the ball around and create chances. None of this happened today.

essexhibee
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Massively unfair to berate the guy .

Twiglet
07-11-2010, 04:28 PM

Exactly!
He did try. He made me laugh at times the way he went flying in. He looked ok I thought, not the best, but there's worse.

lucky
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Exactly!
He did try. He made me laugh at times the way he went flying in. He looked ok I thought, not the best, but there's worse.
Agree he tried but does seem to lack quality

Malthibby
07-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Didn't look like the answer but did look better than most of what was already on the field. Wotherspoon was also an obvious improvement.

LaMotta
07-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Didn't look like the answer but did look better than most of what was already on the field. Wotherspoon was also an obvious improvement.

:agree:

Trakys was one of our better performers today, which I suppose really sums up how the day went.

Winston Ingram
07-11-2010, 05:01 PM
We looked alot better when he came on. Thats not to say he played particularly well, it's more likely to be down to Rankin not being on the pitch

ballengeich
07-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I can't see him as anything more than reserve to Nish, but at least we had one forward player with a bit of physical strength when he came on.

Judas Iscariot
07-11-2010, 05:17 PM

How?!

He's PlSH!!

Bring back Nishy..

one day maybe...
07-11-2010, 05:28 PM
My original post was regarding Byrne.. It stated if he couldn't get a game before this guy he IMO is wasting his time as a footballer... Trakys is not the answer sorry..

Twiglet
07-11-2010, 05:31 PM
My original post was regarding Byrne.. It stated if he couldn't get a game before this guy he IMO is wasting his time as a footballer... Trakys is not the answer sorry..

Byrne was on loan before Trakys came in and before Stokes left too so it's not something that can be taken into account until Byrne's loan contract is up in January.
Derby day debut for Byrne maybe if that if he is good enough?

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM

How would you know? You were off down the gym cos you were sick of it :confused:

He's another Yogi disaster. As the OP points out, surely to goodness, Kurtis MUST be better than this guy.

burghhibs
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
OK we were needing a striker for cover but was this the best we could do?
another sh ite signing!:bitchy:

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
OK we were needing a striker for cover but was this the best we could do?
another sh ite signing!:bitchy:

We would have been as well playing Tam McCourt as signing this guy.

essexhibee
07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
How would you know? You were off down the gym cos you were sick of it :confused:

He's another Yogi disaster. As the OP points out, surely to goodness, Kurtis MUST be better than this guy.

How do you know what time i went down there at eh? You think i would post without seeing him come on? Went down there with 15 mins to go actually so i did see him. Appreciate your hurting but dont appreciate you having a go pal,

Im not saying hes amazing, just saying that he wasnt the worst. He tried, he did have a few touches and i thought that when he came on at least we had something actually to aim for. He did jump aimlessly a few times but at least he gave it a go and didnt sit on his erse.

Dont think Byrne would have faired any better today with the service and formation, its not like we can bring him back anyway? Maybe come january him and deeks up front in a 4-4-2

DH1875
08-11-2010, 12:39 AM
He's NO Colin Nish that's for sure. I'm guessing we will find out just how good he is during the week.

Allant1981
08-11-2010, 01:16 AM
dunno how people can judge him after a few games as a sub, the guy hasnt had a real chance to show what he can do, anyone who has ever come on as a sub at any level will tell you its hard to get into a game straight away, id like to see him given a chance if nish is going to be out for a wee while as playing one up front clearly isnt working, its a good idea packing the midfield if you have decent enough players to play the system and get up and support the striker but guys like rankin, galbraith and stevenson are never going to this, trakys surely cant be any worse than those who have been starting games

Dunbar Hibee
08-11-2010, 01:19 AM
How?!

He's PlSH!!

Bring back Nishy..

Pish? you've not seen enough of him to come to that conclusion... has he even played 45 minutes of football in Scotland? ... get a grip..

Kev
08-11-2010, 04:54 AM
From listening to Yogi talking about him at HT, it even sounded like he had very few positives to say about him....and he signed the lad. Loaning out Byrne, selling stokes and not signing up Benji again all for this guy seems mind boggling!

Frogga
08-11-2010, 10:37 AM
He wasn't any worse than most of our team imo.

Not saying he was great but he gave the Hearts defence more problems than Riordan since they couldn't bully him about so easily.

BSEJVT
08-11-2010, 11:06 AM
He wasn't any worse than most of our team imo.

Not saying he was great but he gave the Hearts defence more problems than Riordan since they couldn't bully him about so easily.

Sorry not for me.

A rocking chair would have given the hearts defence more trouble than either Riordan or Trakys. They would have had to watch they didnt fall over it.

Trakys has managed to improve upon even Nish's ability to grow smaller when he competes for a header.

Still early for the guy but on what we have seen so far he is much worse than either Konte or Hurtado. Both of whom at least managed to contribute something in their time at ER