PDA

View Full Version : Yogi damages Sky Studio!

Scorrie
07-11-2010, 03:31 PM
According to David Tanner. Kicked TV and wall when goals were scored! He was hurting.

Number69
07-11-2010, 03:32 PM
He said Yogi almost kicked the tv through the wall,not that he kicked the tv or the wall.

Vontz
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
He should be hurting and embarrassed. He's mainly to blame.
:grr:

ScottB
07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Shame he didn't instill such fight and passion into this useless band of huddies that he assembled.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Shame he didn't instill such fight and passion into this useless band of huddies that he assembled.

to be fair, he probably did try to, but this present squad of players we have would get ANY manager the sack, it doesn't matter if it was yogi that signed them all, can we not at the very LEAST get some f@@@@n passion from the majority of them, it's THEM that should be ashamed of themselves

RickyS
07-11-2010, 03:57 PM
to be fair, he probably did try to, but this present squad of players we have would get ANY manager the sack, it doesn't matter if it was yogi that signed them all, can we not at the very LEAST get some f@@@@n passion from the majority of them, it's THEM that should be ashamed of themselves

but he signed most of them!
Brown
Hart
Grounds
De Graf
Miller
Trakys

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
but he signed most of them!
Brown
Hart
Grounds
De Graf
Miller
Trakys

true, but did he ask them to be a shower of pansies :greengrin (except for hart and brown possibly)

wick hibby
07-11-2010, 04:08 PM

Get a life :grr:

RickyS
07-11-2010, 04:09 PM
true, but did he ask them to be a shower of pansies :greengrin (except for hart and brown possibly)

true, but should his scouts not have said, "yogi the guys a good player. worth signing oh but by the way he is a big jessie":greengrin

(((Fergus)))
07-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Is this passion or mindlessness?

dp00
07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Today to me proved that yogi was not the problem

Sumner
07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
John Hughes caused this, hope the guilt hurts long and hard John.

** Can we get him off the banner at the top of the screen - replaced with Colin Calderwood. Look forward, not back to Hibs failures, Hughes is gone don't need to see him at the top of the site each time... failed. Hughes. Failed.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2010, 04:13 PM
true, but should his scouts not have said, "yogi the guys a good player. worth signing oh but by the way he is a big jessie":greengrin

or the rumoured 'video tapes' of the players :wink:

Vontz
07-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Get a life

What does that mean? I take it you disagree? Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not Hughes that bought Harte, Trakyss, Miller, De graaf.

lucky
07-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Yogi left CC with this unblanced squad

RickyS
07-11-2010, 04:19 PM

was the video. the best of big jessies. how to play football like a pansy?

what about the stories of how much yogi and rice loved jumping in the car and watchin players:confused:

Winston Ingram
07-11-2010, 05:07 PM

:agree:

Beefster
07-11-2010, 05:30 PM

** Can we get him off the banner at the top of the screen - replaced with Colin Calderwood. Look forward, not back to Hibs failures, Hughes is gone don't need to see him at the top of the site each time... failed. Hughes. Failed.

Sauzee's gone and failed as a manager too. The Famous Five are gone too. Do you want them removed too? Like it or not, Hughes is part of the club's history.

Today to me proved that yogi was not the problem

He obviously wasn't all of the problem but, as manager, he was responsible for who is in the current squad.

frazeHFC
07-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I could see him clearly but did not see him when the goals were scored. Just stood the whole game, apart from when getting his make-up on :greengrin

George Clooney
07-11-2010, 06:07 PM
According to David Tanner. Kicked TV and wall when goals were scored! He was hurting.
Most of us on this board were hurting but I'm sure 99.99% managed not to damage someone elses property because of it.
The man is an incomprehensible neanderthal whose lack of basic communication skills has obviously hampered his coaching of the current squad.
Well rid.

Dinkydoo
07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Most of us on this board were hurting but I'm sure 99.99% managed not to damage someone elses property because of it.
The man is an incomprehensible neanderthal whose lack of basic communication skills has obviously hampered his coaching of the current squad.
Well rid.

99.99% of us also probably managed to go the day without calling one of our one an "incomprehenisble neanderhal". :rolleyes:

George Clooney
07-11-2010, 06:28 PM
99.99% of us also probably managed to go the day without calling one of our one an "incomprehenisble neanderhal". :rolleyes:
Apologies if I've caused offence. Good thing is that it'll probably be his last pundit gig. Can't imagine any tv company wanting to risk their equipment on Hibs losing a goal.

hibeenicol
07-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Apologies if I've caused offence. Good thing is that it'll probably be his last pundit gig. Can't imagine any tv company wanting to risk their equipment on Hibs losing a goal.

How's this a good thing?

crash
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Well rid.
Spot on :agree:

Big Frank
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Spot on :agree:

agreed.:agree:

Bostonhibby
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM

:faf: it was a betamax of De Graff

Holmesdale Hibs
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Well rid.

Very harsh. Difficult to criticise him for caring that we got beat. He looked genuinley gutted after. From what I saw, which admitey wasn't alot, I thought he came across well. He has also been club captain which suggests he is capable of communicating.

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2010, 07:21 PM

Just watched his post match summary and was amazed to hear him say " Colin needs time to sort this team out. He has to bring in his own players" What the hell does that tell you about his managerial ability and the mess he has left this club in.

discman
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Well rid.

Those "lack of basic communication skills" didnt appear to hinder him when he achieved all his coaching qualifications,including pro licence and euafa licence,

Nor did it stop the sfa getting him in to take coaching sessions for current players in the spl nor did it stop the irish fa getting him across,twice to do the same with their current players.

Oh and when the sfa heard he'd left ER they called him in to give advice on the new euafa licence for Scots players,but dont let that get in they way of a bit of personal abuse! :cool2:

George Clooney
07-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Those "lack of basic communication skills" didnt appear to hinder him when he achieved all his coaching qualifications,including pro licence and euafa licence,

Oh and when the sfa heard he'd left ER they called him in to give advice on the new euafa licence for Scots players,but dont let that get in they way of a bit of personal abuse! :cool2:

Suitably chastised.

The SFA always know what they are doing, so I look forward to the conveyor belt of top coaches coming out of Largs courtesy of our telly kicker uberHibby ex manager.

JimBHibees
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Yogi, didnt look too upset in the first half when he could be seen smiling broadly from the FF when we were 1 down.

jacomo
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Just watched his post match summary and was amazed to hear him say " Colin needs time to sort this team out. He has to bring in his own players" What the hell does that tell you about his managerial ability and the mess he has left this club in.

Nothing much, sadly.

Yogi seems willing to say anything he thinks the media want to hear, even if it meant contradicting himself from one week to the next.

On the face of it, this comment reflects extremely poorly on him, but he probably wasn't thinking as he said it.

discman
07-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Suitably chastised.

The SFA always know what they are doing, so I look forward to the conveyor belt of top coaches coming out of Largs courtesy of our telly kicker uberHibby ex manager.

Not my intention to chastise you Dodie,but for a fee........

Maybe you should be looking somewhere else to apportion blame,thats all.

ps were all hurting on here tonight,its pish. :boo hoo:

Sumner
07-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Sauzee's gone and failed as a manager too. The Famous Five are gone too. Do you want them removed too? Like it or not, Hughes is part of the club's history.

Sauzee was a fantastic player, and a failed manager who was given a hopeless task, for a very short time
- as a player alone he warrants his status - picture is not of him as manager is it?

Joe Tortolano and Benny Brazil are part of the history where are they in the banners? What about Jocky Scott - great stat's as a manager. :rolleyes:

Oh ***kit, just keep on licking Hughes @rse, but to the sighted folks on here looked at that grinning clown at the top of the screen when his banner appears, and take a reality check as to how he has left us the worst we have been for decades.

leither17
07-11-2010, 08:44 PM
i think that the problems with our squad root back to the revolt against collins a lot of the players have been moved on but the same attitude is there wit the players left

DH1875
08-11-2010, 12:11 AM

Yeh cause the new manager is doing that in bundles :no way:.

Baader
08-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Like Yogi but with hindsight, just wish we hadn't appointed him as manager...

Has left us in a hell of a mess

Dunbar Hibee
08-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeh cause the new manager is doing that in bundles :no way:.

:faf : get a ****in grip eh

Septimus
08-11-2010, 03:04 AM
i think that the problems with our squad root back to the revolt against collins a lot of the players have been moved on but the same attitude is there wit the players left

Agree 100%. Eddie Turnbull pointed out in a recent article that they only train for half the day.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Yogi, didnt look too upset in the first half when he could be seen smiling broadly from the FF when we were 1 down.

I couldn't believe his behaviour yesterday. Surely if he had any dignity he'd have kept his head down. Instead it was "hey boays it's me, ah'm the berries eh?"

We made the right decision to bullet him, totally living on his own little planet, IMO.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 10:04 AM
I couldn't believe his behaviour yesterday. Surely if he had any dignity he'd have kept his head down. Instead it was "hey boays it's me, ah'm the berries eh?"

We made the right decision to bullet him, totally living on his own little planet, IMO.

Yep thought he was a disgrace and didnt appear to be hurting too bad if at all, no doubt got Tanner to come out with the comment about damaging the studio :bitchy:. Almost gave the impression he was trying to rub the fans nose in it by saying look you got rid and the team isnt any better. As you say someone with a bit of self respect 1) probably wouldnt have been there in the first place and 2) if they were, would have acted in a much more professional way than he seemed to be doing. Incredible.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Yep thought he was a disgrace and didnt appear to be hurting too bad if at all, no doubt got Tanner to come out with the comment about damaging the studio :bitchy:. Almost gave the impression he was trying to rub the fans nose in it by saying look you got rid and the team isnt any better. As you say someone with a bit of self respect 1) probably wouldnt have been there in the first place and 2) if they were, would have acted in a much more professional way than he seemed to be doing. Incredible.

It more or less reinforces the opinion that a lot of people had of him anyway. He appears to be a wide-o who got promoted way beyond his potential.

JimBHibees
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM
It more or less reinforces the opinion that a lot of people had of him anyway. He appears to be a wide-o who got promoted way beyond his potential.

Cant argue with that.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:16 AM

You could be right, yet the wide-o did manage to get the club in a league position way beyond its usual position. It was right he had to leave,but he did give us some success, not bad for a wide-o.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:17 AM
You could be right, yet the wide-o did manage to get the club in a league position way beyond its usual position. It was right he had to leave,but he did give us some success, not bad for a wide-o.

That was then, this is now. He got lucky for three months, that's all.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
That was then, this is now. He got lucky for three months, that's all.

6 and a half months and a 4th place finish. Still not bad for a wide-o with no plan B.

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
6 and a half months and a 4th place finish. Still not bad for a wide-o with no plan B.

Was it luck or design?

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Was it luck or design?

I don't think anyone can get lucky that long. Nobody qualifies for europe by being lucky imho.

Frogga
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM

Think that's a bit harsh, he obviously had a good relationship with some of the players (eg. Wotherspoon) and was having a bit of banter. The players had a laugh themselves too.

Baader
08-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Look at Yogi's more recent stats though:

9 wins out of 36 - 2 against Irvine Meadow and Montrose.

Nine home games without a win.

Seven consecutive games without a win, five of them losses at the start of this season.

5 points from the opening 21 on offer.

Pretty hard to defend his position.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 10:55 AM

Seven consecutive games without a win, five of them losses at the start of this season.

I'm not defending him, he had to go in the end. He took us into europe, not many of our managers do that.

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM

And the case for the prosecution rests M'lad........no further witnesses :greengrin

Brilliant post which underlines the problems we have been left with.

BSEJVT
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
And the case for the prosecution rests M'lad........no further witnesses :greengrin

Brilliant post which underlines the problems we have been left with.

If he had burnt the bloody studio down he still couldnt have damaged Sky as much as he has damaged Hibs

TornadoHibby
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM

The "problem" was that getting Stokes & Miller as he did was a decent short term fix for goalscorer and playmaker but where he failed IMO was on the player acquisition front in failing to have their "successors" identified and brought to Hibs in time to take over the mantle that these two and possibly others had taken up but would be releasing when they got the "big move" that they wanted when they arrived at Hibs. Stokes has gone (cause he delivered a good return on goals scored) and Miller is still here as he hasn't really delivered what his "potential and/or history or achievements" would suggest he should!

On top of that, once the other teams worked out how to beat us (stifle Miller and McBride - and Zemmama whilst he was playing and be very physical against us with a highline pressing game), Yogi wasn't able to counteract this and the rot set in and took root fairly quickly!

There are of course other player issues to consider also but they are so well rehearsed on here there is little need to do so again!

truehibernian
08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
The "problem" was that getting Stokes & Miller as he did was a decent short term fix for goalscorer and playmaker but where he failed IMO was on the player acquisition front in failing to have their "successors" identified and brought to Hibs in time to take over the mantle that these two and possibly others had taken up but would be releasing when they got the "big move" that they wanted when they arrived at Hibs. Stokes has gone (cause he delivered a good return on goals scored) and Miller is still here as he hasn't really delivered what his "potential and/or history or achievements" would suggest he should!

On top of that, once the other teams worked out how to beat us (stifle Miller and McBride - and Zemmama whilst he was playing and be very physical against us with a highline pressing game), Yogi wasn't able to counteract this and the rot set in and took root fairly quickly!

There are of course other player issues to consider also but they are so well rehearsed on here there is little need to do so again!

I would argue that it's actually a lot easier now beating Hibs, you don't even need to factor in physicality.

The way to beat Hibs is over the top, playing someone with a modicum of pace. Hanlon is painful to watch running back (was very lucky a couple of times with decisions/Kyle fouling when he didn't need to). Bamba is lax and comes out of position, allowing a huge gap in between the CH pairing. Goodwillie's goal and a couple of Aberdeen's were a prime example. You can now bypass Hibs midfield to be brutally honest. They go sideways, don't win possession, but lose it.

Pace and simple balls over the top. Juvenile football, but hey, we are at that level at present. We have a goalkeeper who fails to come for the ball, or when does flaps. We have a left back (Grounds) who needs three touches to control a ball and has no pace either. Hart strikes me as a good full back, but it was criminal the way he waited for the ball to drop/shield it on his own 6 yard line.

Oh the days to have Sproule, Brown, Whittaker, Benji, Stewart and O'Connor, driving at the opposition, taking players on, beating them for pace. Only three odd years ago too.......how we have regressed in such a short time. Yes those players contributed to defeats as well, but it shows that with an eye for talent, and better scouting, the players are out there.

Pace, quick passing and urgency. That is what Hibs need. A couple of leaders on the park, no nonsense appoaches, giving players a wee slap now and again. Basics right.....throw in's to your own player, not hitting aimless balls, controlling a ball in front of you, not with back to goal.

And Hughes said "the fitba people know what's going on at this club"......aye sadly John, we do. We are watching your team and principles in action. Colin is now picking up the broken pieces and manfully trying to glue it together into something that will hold together for the rest of the season.

Dinkydoo
08-11-2010, 11:27 AM

No offence caused; I just thought the comment I highlighted was a bit too harsh.

OK, It's not exactly the brightest thing to do but the guy is a Hibee and was obviously hurting badly - like all of us.

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
He was a bad manager for Hibs, that much isn't in question.
I was one of the first to applaud the decision to let him go for that reason.

Equally, at one level or another, he does have Hibs interests in his heart and the fact he booted a telly in a TV studio proves he doesn't always think about his actions, we knew this. But, at least, he gave/gives a ****.

Dont get me wrong, this does NOT excuse his poor management but that's done. How many times can you boot a man who's doon?

Oor problems yesterday were **** all to do with Yogi. Yes, its his squad but it wasn't Yogi that seen the yam pass FOUR Hibs players then slot the ****ing ball in the net. That, was doon to woeful defending. Nuff said.

Devine
08-11-2010, 12:04 PM

Dear oh dear oh dear. That man has left us in one hell of a mess and your still defending his record! The worst state we have been in since Duffy that much is not in doubt he deserves every single bit of flak he gets.

Your inane ramblings only add to your reputation as one of the most clueless posters on the whole site

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Dear oh dear oh dear. That man has left us in one hell of a mess and your still defending his record! The worst state we have been in since Duffy that much is not in doubt he deserves every single bit of flak he gets.

Your inane ramblings only add to your reputation as one of the most clueless posters on the whole site

I'm not defending him, just stating he got us 4th place in his first season. Something better managers than him couldn't achieve. I also said it was right to get rid of him. As for my reputation, couldnt give a flying one, so stick your post right up yer erse. :asshole:

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Think that's a bit harsh, he obviously had a good relationship with some of the players (eg. Wotherspoon) and was having a bit of banter. The players had a laugh themselves too.

I'm not really in the mood to be charitable to him at the moment. Calderwood has been left to clear up the shambles Bingo left us in. I can't see many other managers behaving that way tbh, slightly disrespectful to the new manager.

Many people would say that Yogi put too much emphasis on banter and mateyness, at the expense of running the team.

DH1875
08-11-2010, 06:22 PM

Equally, at one level or another, he does have Hibs interests in his heart and the fact he booted a telly in a TV studio proves he doesn't always think about his actions, we knew this. But, at least, he gave/gives a ****.

Dont get me wrong, this does NOT excuse his poor management but that's done. How many times can you boot a man who's doon?

Oor problems yesterday were **** all to do with Yogi. Yes, its his squad but it wasn't Yogi that seen the yam pass FOUR Hibs players then slot the ****ing ball in the net. That, was doon to woeful defending. Nuff said.

:top marks

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2010, 10:55 AM

It really depends on how often the guy gets up again and starts the same nonsense. A wee bit of discretion on Sunday might have been appropriate.

No, no, I won't have that - there's a man in Bognor. :greengrin

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_p4PkoeXYyOQ/S320496GwMI/AAAAAAAAGN0/UWnr2JZB4H8/s400/Fawlty-Towers-Major-Gowen.jpg

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Our problems run a lot deeper than Yogi or Mixu or JC or for that matter, CC. When Yogi takes over Aberdeen and they, like Killie under Mixu, finish above us, what are people going to think then? That Calderwood must go? Then who? Unless the underlying problems of our malaise are addressed we are going nowhere fast but division one.

bawheid
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Our problems run a lot deeper than Yogi or Mixu or JC or for that matter, CC. When Yogi takes over Aberdeen and they, like Killie under Mixu, finish above us, what are people going to think then? That Calderwood must go? Then who? Unless the underlying problems of our malaise are addressed we are going nowhere fast but division one.

Correct. It's a dead cert that Yogi will bring a team back to Easter Road and they'll play us off the park. Like his Falkirk side used to do regularly.