PDA

View Full Version : Shameful

patlowe
07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
The performance. Riordan's tackle. The fans throwing missiles.

Times are bad.

mcfly
07-11-2010, 04:18 PM
agree 100% disgraceful challenge - that was a leg breaker

shocking and embarrassing seeing our fans throwing missiles - we will be in trouble for that.

however team yet again lets fans down, they are a disgrace and the non triers will be emptied hopefully in jan

One Day Soon
07-11-2010, 04:20 PM
One of the most abject Hibs performances I have ever witnessed. Given that Hearts are not much more than big and organised this is really saying something.

Right now I would struggle to think of anyone who is worth holding on to - including Riordan. Calderwood has an enormous task ahead of him, how for example to you sort out one of the most pressing problems in mid-season which is the blindingly obvious lack of fitness and pace?

That is a team without shape, purpose or spirit. This kind of stuff comes from the top and at the moment we are a shiny-looking gutless club in serious need of some leadership. Hughes and this squad got us into this mess, but Calderwood will need to empty a lot of dead wood to change the atmosphere and the attitude.

I would say we can't be relegated because St Mirren are there but ask yourself this question - who do you honestly see us beating?

As for the morons throwing stuff at Skacel, that was just totally classless.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2010, 04:23 PM
apparently mega damage done in the south stand

The Sundance Kid
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Riordan and the fans trying to harm poor wee Skacel were a lot less shameful than the gutless players and set-up which were on display today. At least they care about the club and hate the Hearts. Would prefer to see the likes of skacel taken out rather than see the shirking out of tackles which was done time and time again by guys like Rankin, Miller, Stevenson etc.

Violater
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
One of the most abject Hibs performances I have ever witnessed. Given that Hearts are not much more than big and organised this is really saying something.

Right now I would struggle to think of anyone who is worth holding on to - including Riordan. Calderwood has an enormous task ahead of him, how for example to you sort out one of the most pressing problems in mid-season which is the blindingly obvious lack of fitness and pace?

That is a team without shape, purpose or spirit. This kind of stuff comes from the top and at the moment we are a shiny-looking gutless club in serious need of some leadership. Hughes and this squad got us into this mess, but Calderwood will need to empty a lot of dead wood to change the atmosphere and the attitude.

I would say we can't be relegated because St Mirren are there but ask yourself this question - who do you honestly see us beating?

Totally agree with everything you just said. :agree:

One Day Soon
07-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Riordan and the fans trying to harm poor wee Skacel were a lot less shameful than the gutless players and set-up which were on display today. At least they care about the club and hate the Hearts. Would prefer to see the likes of skacel taken out rather than see the shirking out of tackles which was done time and time again by guys like Rankin, Miller, Stevenson etc.

Grow up. It's not a choice between one or the other. If this had happened the other way around this board would be alight with demands for lynchings.

Totally unacceptable attack by Riordan - calling it a tackle dignifies it - and as for the idiots throwing coins etc, will they be volunteerring to pay any fines levied on the club? The more we end up talking about idiotic fan behaviour the more cover it gives for the failings of inadequate players to hide behind.

The Sundance Kid
07-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Grow up. It's not a choice between one or the other. If this had happened the other way around this board would be alight with demands for lynchings.

Totally unacceptable attack by Riordan - calling it a tackle dignifies it - and as for the idiots throwing coins etc, will they be volunteerring to pay any fines levied on the club? The more we end up talking about idiotic fan behaviour the more cover it gives for the failings of inadequate players to hide behind.

No doubt that throwing coins at players isn't the right thing to do however my point is I am far far less concerned and angered by some neds chucking coins at Skacel than our team who on the whole showed no heart, no courage and no brains that many of them should be auditioning for the next showing of The Wizard Of Oz.

A fine from the SFA and a sore leg for Skacel concerns me a lot less than that shambles which was on show today even if it was wrong

GreenPJ
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Whatever some of his other shortcomings Stevenson never shirked any tackle. Riordan cares so much that he has left us without a striker for the next 1/2 games - brilliant decision by a captian

MountcastleHibs
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Not condoning the missile throwing, but if you give the losing teams fans the L sign, implying losers in an Edinburgh derby, you're asking for trouble.

FansViews
07-11-2010, 04:42 PM

We had the chance

ScottB
07-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Not condoning the missile throwing, but if you give the losing teams fans the L sign, implying losers in an Edinburgh derby, you're asking for trouble.

To be fair, when we had Hearts fans invading the pitch at Tynecastle when Riordan was winding them up, nobody here was complaining about the actions of the player.

Both sets of fans showed some disgraceful behaviour today.

Twiglet
07-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I think Hearts will be in very deep "stuff", for want of a better word,for the flares. They should be anyway. The fans should be ashamed for doing that.
As for Kyle, was Gazza not disciplined in the 90s for gesturing towards fans in the old firm derby? Will Kyle therefore have further action taken.

JennaFletcher
07-11-2010, 04:56 PM
What became evident to me today was that both sets of support had unacceptable fans. Guys behind me shouting that any Hibs player near Skacel should 'break his legs' and also at one point heard someone calling Bamba a 'black b-d', seriously no need in this type of language at football!

Morons giving decent fans a bad name!

JennaFletcher
07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I think Hearts will be in very deep "stuff", for want of a better word,for the flares. They should be anyway. The fans should be ashamed for doing that.
As for Kyle, was Gazza not disciplined in the 90s for gesturing towards fans in the old firm derby? Will Kyle therefore have further action taken.

Kyle (a mediocre player at best) was an idiot all game, absolutely no professionalism about him. Think he should have had at least 3 yellow cards today.

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2010, 05:11 PM

:top marks

saved me posting.

Terrible times right now; but i can't see it getting better. We just have to hope that we're not relegated and that CC is the man to get the club / team with a spine.
Maybe even going down wouldn't be so horrendous a thing, like the last time.

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I`m a big fan of Riordan but he let himself and the club down today. I can understand his frustration but there is no excuse for his shocking tackle.

MSK
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Kyle (a mediocre player at best) was an idiot all game, absolutely no professionalism about him. Think he should have had at least 3 yellow cards today.Compared to what we had up front ..?..powderpuff ..

sevenzero
07-11-2010, 07:53 PM
liam miller and galbraith bottled out of numerous challenges today, i actually like seeing riordan and murray showing some pasion for the club !! hearts fans were just as bad crowd wise !!

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Its probably just evidence of me being a very bad man, but Riordan's legbreaker was one of the few things I enjoyed about today.

Congratulations - probably one of the most ridiculous posts on Hibs.Net I have ever seen.

At a time when the game was lost, our captain and best player (the only one capable of scoring) makes a fool of himself and rules himself out of the next couple of games. He gave the Hearts fans something else to p*ss themselves laughing about (as if they needed anything else) and Skacel then proceeded to get up and play on as if nothing happened.

The incident also provoked some trouble which is likely to cost the club money.

Still, glad you enjoyed it......you foolish oaf. :bitchy:

Thomson1875
07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
some guy in front of me was singing pro IRA songs and a guy through his phone when folk were throughing stuff. he didnt even realise he just launched his phone at a player he was that angry:rolleyes:.

atleast riordan went in for challenges, dont agree with the skacel tackle but atleast he wasnt backing away like our defense and scared to put a challenge in team.

Cropley10
07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Its probably just evidence of me being a very bad man, but Riordan's legbreaker was one of the few things I enjoyed about today.

It wasn't a legbreaker, not by any stretch.

But it gives the holier-than-thou and undercover Yams something to get indignant about.

Never mind the fact that they wouldn't give the ball back, wasted 5 mins of the game throwing smoke bombs on the pitch, or Kyle and Scacel giving 'hand signals' to the crowd.

No, no - we got beat - so lets avoid any thing about Hearts and slag Hibs off instead. FFS!

sevenzero
07-11-2010, 08:02 PM
:agree::agree:
It wasn't a legbreaker, not by any stretch.

But it gives the holier-than-thou and undercover Yams something to get indignant about.

Never mind the fact that they wouldn't give the ball back, wasted 5 mins of the game throwing smoke bombs on the pitch, or Kyle and Scacel giving 'hand signals' to the crowd.

No, no - we got beat - so lets avoid any thing about Hearts and slag Hibs off instead. FFS!

hibsbollah
07-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Congratulations - probably one of the most ridiculous posts on Hibs.Net I have ever seen.

At a time when the game was lost, our captain and best player (the only one capable of scoring) makes a fool of himself and rules himself out of the next couple of games. He gave the Hearts fans something else to p*ss themselves laughing about (as if they needed anything else) and Skacel then proceeded to get up and play on as if nothing happened.

The incident also provoked some trouble which is likely to cost the club money.

Still, glad you enjoyed it......you foolish oaf. :bitchy:

Football is a pantomime, good guys, bad guys, passion. It speaks to people on a illogical, elemental level. On that basis I enjoyed seeing one of our players getting as frustarted as I was getting, getting the red mist and wanting to hurt the opposition. If that makes me an oaf then so be it.

churchie16
07-11-2010, 08:04 PM
To be honest seen alot worse than riordans tackle the only one who got stuck in cause thats why hearts beat us the were pumped up more and got wired in. Every time we play hearts we never put one decent challenge in its shocking my windsor team puts harder challenges in very poor hibs team !!!!

Sir David Gray
07-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Where do I begin with that today?

I thought the performance was awful throughout and Derek Riordan should be ashamed with his ill-discipline at the end. I am one of his biggest fans but, frustrated or not, there are no excuses for what he did. As the captain, I expected a lot better from him than that.

We will be absolutely hammered for what happened in the East Stand as well and it is never nice to see coins and stuff thrown onto the pitch.

We are in a very bad place right now as a club and, let's not kid ourselves on, we are in serious danger of being relegated this season and are certainly one of the favourites for the drop.

sevenzero
I enjoyed it as well. Just a pity he did not finish the b4stard. My only problem was, as you highlight above that he got up and played on, If skacel was tonight facing up to retirement we would all be hailing Del Boy a hero and would have had something to celebrate, still worth a try though.
completely agree with all above posts , bloody fed up reading on here slamming fans and players !!!:grr:

Lmc2105
Riordan's challenge was unacceptable and totally uncalled for :bitchy:

we are better than that!!

But i tell you what Ian Murray should have been on that park from the very start was on for about 4 mins and showed Kyle he meant business whith a crunching CLEAN challenge

but thanks Riordan just give us less attacking options for Ibrox!!:grr:

FitbaFolkKen
07-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I enjoyed it as well. Just a pity he did not finish the b4stard. My only problem was, as you highlight above that he got up and played on, If skacel was tonight facing up to retirement we would all be hailing Del Boy a hero and would have had something to celebrate, still worth a try though.

Thats just wrong...

crash
07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Sorry but thats the sort of classless garbage I'm embarrassed to see on a Hibs fans message board.

MSK
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Riordan's challenge was unacceptable and totally uncalled for :bitchy:

we are better than that!!

But i tell you what Ian Murray should have been on that park from the very start was on for about 4 mins and showed Kyle he meant business whith a crunching CLEAN challenge

but thanks Riordan just give us less attacking options for Ibrox!!:grr:Lee ..you cant detract 0 from 0..that was how effective Riordan was today...

We will go to Ibrox wi Traky's or Nish ..thats gonna send shivers through the hun ranks !!!!

**** ...:boo hoo:

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2010, 08:17 PM

No, yourself and the likes of Hibsbollah would be celebrating. Decent, civilised Hibs fans/human beings wouldn't.

Congratulations by the way, you have just emulated Hibsbollah. Your post is now the most ridiculous post I have ever read on Hibs.Net.

Yourself and Hibsbollah should go out for a drink together to "celebrate" Riordan's antics. Enjoy.

Lmc2105
07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Lee ..you cant detract 0 from 0..that was how effective Riordan was today...

We will go to Ibrox wi Traky's or Nish ..thats gonna send shivers through the hun ranks !!!!

**** ...:boo hoo:

True mate

i was on the Fanzone thing for real radio today and it was hurtful and very painful to watch that performance with another Yam.

i have a ticket for Ibrox and am thinking why do i bother :boo hoo:

I just can't see a win anywhere Kenny.