PDA

View Full Version : Who else is getting **** all sleep tonight??

lyonhibs
06-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I've got a train leaving in 11 hours for London, with a full morning's worth of stuff to do before then, so I'm resigned to a short - and probably perturbed - sleep tonight.

Who else is expecting to be up at about 5am thinking "Christ, I really should have grown out of this by now!!!"

In preparation for that eventuality, here are my 2 favourite derby goals, simply because they are the only 2 times (I can really remember) that I've seen us beat Hearts in the stadium (shocking stat, but a period of absence from games and living in France really haven't helped!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEgaO9XB1c&feature=related - this one was especially sweet. The Derby after THAT Semi-Final :flag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSju3mYuo2o&feature=related

GGTTH

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-11-2010, 11:23 PM
2/3 of a bottle of vodka tonight will mean i'll wake in the morning a bit tired, but it will be very quick night. :greengrin

Looking forward to early morning beers and bacon rolls and the game. :thumbsup:

greenlex
06-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Me

SteveHFC
06-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Me

dp00
06-11-2010, 11:49 PM
me .... cant wait, not felt like this about a game in ages

lyonhibs
07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Christ, I've just stumbled across STV's Youtube channel. Some footage gere that's a wee bit before my time, but some of the names are memorable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaGDs0RHl8s&feature=channel - anyone on here make it all the way across for this one??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IimuBaMuej0&feature=related - it's a tad old, but christ it makes you think!!

CmoantheHibs
07-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Was at a party last night so sleeping wasnt a problem.The big problem is that ,due to a big noisy market being right outside my place every Sunday, I was awake at 6am.Due to the time difference that has given me 16 hours to pass till kick off.I am playing footy and have a wedding before then,which will distract me slightly, but 16 hours is a long time when youre feeling like a kid waiting to open his pressies on Crimbo morning.:hyper:

NthCarolinaHibs
07-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Ah'm swithering about going to ma kip or just staying up till the 9.15am kick off here. Might have a few more beers and really think about it :flag:
GGTTH

Dunbar Hibee
07-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Just cannot sleep, so up for this one!! Hibees

IWasThere2016
07-11-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm wide awake! PETRIE! :grr:

mondacabbage
07-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Last hour of 12 hour nightshift, home for four hours kip, an hours drive up to sunny Leith,watch us stuff the jambos, back down the road, quick bite to eat and out for another 12 hour night.

:thumbsup:

Cabbage East
07-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Been up for an hour, just want this over and done with.

hibbiedon
07-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Thought it was just me, 57 years old! when will i grow up ?

fatbloke
07-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Me, so I have logged on to see who else is Sleepless in the Capital and elsewhere.

Absolutely hate Derby days because I cannot handle losing to those cants from along the road - i find it so totally embarrassing when it happens. Probably the only time I have murderous thoughts in my head.

Hopefully it will not happen.

HibbyAndy
07-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Am wide awake :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
07-11-2010, 07:48 AM
I've had about 8 and a half hours sleep, and try as I might, I can't get a minute more.

I don't think I've been less interested in a derby match in my life.

However, a mug of strong coffee, a couple of happy clappy posts and you never know.

HibbyAndy
07-11-2010, 07:53 AM
I've had about 8 and a half hours sleep, and try as I might, I can't get a minute more.

I don't think I've been less interested in a derby match in my life.

However, a mug of strong coffee, a couple of happy clappy posts and you never know.

How can you be a happy clapper if you have never been less interested in your life? :wink:

The day im not interested in a Derby is the day ill call it quits.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2010, 07:58 AM
How can you be a happy clapper if you have never been less interested in your life? :wink:

Because, I don't let the apathy affect my outward appearance. :wink:

The day im not interested in a Derby is the day ill call it quits.

Part timer.

I'll always support Hibs, regardless of my interest levels.

HibbyAndy
07-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Because, I don't let the apathy affect my outward appearance. :wink:

Part timer.

I'll always support Hibs, regardless of my interest levels.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cmon ma bonnie boyssssssssssssssss

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Pretty Boy
07-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Stumbled home aout half 2, watched 'That was the team that was' on youtube, watched a few goals of ours against Hertz, watched 0-7 and 6-2 then slept for about 4 or 5 hours.

As i said to my mate earlier when it comes to the derby i'm like a kid at Christmas, absolutely love it. Games against the OF, Scottish Cup games and whatever are alright but the derbies are THE game of the season.

Antifa Hibs
07-11-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm on my second can of Pils this morning already.

Acceptable for derby day or an alkie in the making? :greengrin

Bed at half 2 in the morning, up about 8.15am, feel bright as a button aswell. Shame we've another 3 hours til the *** pubs open :grr:

essexhibee
07-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Got to be honest ****ing bricking it now.

Derby day is a horrible day imo....of course not if you win :wink:.

Nervous as hell but hope we get right into them the day.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm on my second can of Pils this morning already.

Acceptable for derby day or an alkie in the making? :greengrin

Bed at half 2 in the morning, up about 8.15am, feel bright as a button aswell. Shame we've another 3 hours til the *** pubs open :grr:

It sounds like "the making" happened a while ago. :wink:

HibbyAndy
07-11-2010, 08:33 AM
:singing: We are Hibernian fc :singing:

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Sick Boy
07-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Thought it was a 12.15 kick off so 1.15am Monday here but I just checked and realised I'll need to wait up another 2 hours. :grr:Had a pretty rough one last night so now I'll be able to go for a wee kip before.:thumbsup:

GGTTH

seanraff07
07-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Watched the '50 Goals Against Hearts' DVD last night, had to do virtually everything to get to sleep, eventually dozed off about 2:30 am and woke up about 8:30 wide awake!

C'mon Hibs, get right intae this pish!!!!!!!

lyonhibs
07-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Just off to the train station now - couple of cans in my bag, and a packed lunch to boot (cos whilst I'm happy to spend £3.60 on a pint, I'll be damned if I'm paying London prices for food :greengrin)

Come on Hibs, get intae this *****!!

surreyhibbie
07-11-2010, 09:55 AM
I Love and hate derby days in equal measures.

Brilliant day if we win, disaster if we lose.

Bricking it, as usual!

COME ON THE HIBBIES!!!