PDA

View Full Version : Riordan interesting Lennon

hibeesjoe
06-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Not really my type of paper but noticed a column in the Times about Lennon keeping tabs on Riordan with a view to taking him back to parkhead. Seems a strange one. Anybody heard anything about it?

Westie1875
06-11-2010, 07:06 PM
surely he would never go back there after the last time.

Removed
06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
How do you "just happen" to notice a column in The Times not just about football but Scottish football at that? Bet it was a tiny wee article.

WindyMiller
06-11-2010, 07:10 PM
How do you "just happen" to notice a column in The Times not just about football but Scottish football at that?

Glasgow Times ?

Hibbyradge
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
How do you "just happen" to notice a column in The Times not just about football but Scottish football at that? Bet it was a tiny wee article.

Cos he just happened to be looking at a copy of the Times.

As he said, not his usual type of paper.

Simples.

Ya radge.

Removed
06-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Glasgow Times ?

:greengrin:

Proves I'm from Edinburgh :greengrin

WindyMiller
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
:greengrin:

Proves I'm from Edinburgh :greengrin

EH54?

:cool2:

monktonharp
06-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Not really my type of paper but noticed a column in the Times about Lennon keeping tabs on Riordan with a view to taking him back to parkhead. Seems a strange one. Anybody heard anything about it? right,here's what happens. RP sells Riordan to Celtic,AGAIN. THEN......I hand in my ST in disgust. DR should be signed up for his remaining years,but Hibs will no doubt let him go,along with a glorious chance to get the fans on side with them,as they have done in the past,on quite a few occasions. Pat Stanton--end of

hibeesjoe
06-11-2010, 07:29 PM

Because it was the Scottish edition of the times. In the middle is the sports supplement and right in the middle of that there's is a full page high picture of riordan.

Removed
06-11-2010, 07:35 PM
EH54?

:cool2:

:greengrin

That'll be location not birth place :wink:

Removed
06-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Because it was the Scottish edition of the times. In the middle is the sports supplement and right in the middle of that there's is a full page high picture of riordan.

Nae bother. Will see if there is an online link.

Silver? Any comment?

PaulSmith
06-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Hibs will not sell Riordan to anyone, however if he gets an offer far in excess of what Hibs can pay then he'll leave..again.
Blame RP or whoever you want but ball is in Derek's court.

pacorosssco
06-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Read the Times on Sats and Suns and kind of scanned the preview of the game tomorrow and didn't pick up on that,though no matter how annoying it is that Lennon can infer that he can pluck any of our players at random... What did catch my attention was the article on Eddie Turnbull and the paragraph that stated that he was insulted by Jock Stein after Aberdeen had beaten Celtic on one occasion. But it didn't go on to give any details.Anyone know what the insult was??

think it was that Stein said (Aberdeen) Turnbull would have tried as hard had his team been playing against blue shirts(Rangers)

No love lost between Turnbull and Stein

Dirkster23
Hibs will not sell Riordan to anyone, however if he gets an offer far in excess of what Hibs can pay then he'll leave..again.
Blame RP or whoever you want but ball is in Derek's court.

Has Riordan been offered a new contract yet Paul? If he hasn't, the situations not really in his hands.

Andy74
right,here's what happens. RP sells Riordan to Celtic,AGAIN. THEN......I hand in my ST in disgust. DR should be signed up for his remaining years,but Hibs will no doubt let him go,along with a glorious chance to get the fans on side with them,as they have done in the past,on quite a few occasions. Pat Stanton--end of

When did RP previously sell Riordan to Celtic?

hibeesjoe
06-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Read the Times on Sats and Suns and kind of scanned the preview of the game tomorrow and didn't pick up on that,though no matter how annoying it is that Lennon can infer that he can pluck any of our players at random... What did catch my attention was the article on Eddie Turnbull and the paragraph that stated that he was insulted by Jock Stein after Aberdeen had beaten Celtic on one occasion. But it didn't go on to give any details.Anyone know what the insult was??

Was only a couple of lines. "Celtic, for one, are watching Riordans progress this season. Neil Lennon very tempted to take him back to Celtic park last summer. Tomorrows match should be the strikers perfect stage"

FranckSuzy
06-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh well .. Can't blame him for taking the money. I would!

Still cannot work out if you're on the wind-up or not....

Hibernian Verse
06-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Still cannot work out if you're on the wind-up or not....

So you wouldn't take 10k over 3k?

col02
06-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I sincerely doubt Riordan will be at Hibs next season no matter if he is made captain or not as Hibs will not be able to pay as much as other teams who will sign him on a Bosman.

FranckSuzy
06-11-2010, 08:57 PM
So you wouldn't take 10k over 3k?

It's not about the £. He's been there and done that. Did it work out? :confused:

FranckSuzy
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
And your point is?

If you can't work it out then I'm not wasting my time going over it. Next you'll be telling us Maka's a world-class goalie.

Hibee Daz
06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
If Deek wants one last big pay day he just might go back to the smellies, but if he wants to finish his career playing regular football thus keeping his self respect intact, then he should give the wee ginger bawbag and the green half of bigot town a wide berth!

I'm sure Deeks doesn't need anybody to tell him this though.

FranckSuzy
06-11-2010, 09:18 PM
If Deek wants one last big pay day he just might go back to the smellies, but if he wants to finish his career playing regular football thus keeping his self respect intact, then he should give the wee ginger bawbag and the green half of bigot town a wide berth!

I'm sure Deeks doesn't need anybody to tell him this though.

:top marks

Correctamundo. That is all.

FranckSuzy
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM
He's better than that!

Been to Spain recently?

MSK
06-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Been to Spain recently?:rolleyes:

ginger_rice
07-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Well as the owner of the only designated Hibs Bar on the Costa Del Sol it would be irresponsible not to take care of business... I'm sure you can think of something smarter to say than that :rolleyes:

Not Hemmingways in Duquesa is it?