PDA

View Full Version : Mixu - free scoring organised teams, thoughts?

Bostonhibby
06-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Didn't see it coming myself

But good to see an ex hibs player with no budget, negative balance sheet and crap stadium doing well?...................:thumbsup:

Franck Le God
06-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Definitely. It's just a shame he couldn't get it to work out the same when he was here. More money, a better pool of players and a better infrastructure but it just didn't seem to work out.

HibeeSince85
06-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Doing well, yet we beat them:greengrin

Hibs for some reason has been a bit of a posioned chalice when it comes to managers since Mowbray left, nice to see him doing well.

Spike Mandela
06-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Simple. Better players.

greenlex
06-11-2010, 07:02 PM

But good to see an ex hibs player with no budget, negative balance sheet and crap stadium doing well?...................:thumbsup:
I am sure he will have a budget. I also think it will be a wee bit less than the one he had at ER.:wink: But hell yeh good to see him doing well.

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
By his own admission, Mixu feels he is a better manager following his year out - where he studied other managers. Looks like we got him too early.

tamig
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Doing well, yet we beat them:greengrin

Hibs for some reason has been a bit of a posioned chalice when it comes to managers since Mowbray left, nice to see him doing well.

Bit like keepers too. The goalies graveyard.

Nice to see Mixu doing well and I think it's clear that he's learned from his time here and also his year out learning from coaches on the continent. Maybe one day he'll return...

Pretty Boy
06-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Glad he's doing well. Although obviously if his doing well with Killie puts Hibs in danger this season i hope he doesn't do too well.

Much as he annoyed me with some of his tactics and post match slaverings when he was the manager here, i find i just can't stay angry at the big man for long. A genuinely nice guy who holds a real affection for Hibs.

Mixu :6::2:

matty_f
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Simple. Better players.

:agree: Would agree with that. I think Mixu had some players that are better than those at Killie just now, but a large chunk of the squad he had were players whose level was that of bottom 6 SPL or worse, IMHO.

CmoantheHibs
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Am I missing something.I know they beat herts n maybe someone else but were they not almost bottom a week or so ago?Im not too sure of my facts but if they are remotely true it doesnt construe sucess surely?I wish Mixu well so long as it doesnt damage Hibs but it aint success in my eyes.

WindyMiller
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
All the best Mixu.

500miles
06-11-2010, 07:25 PM
We're looking quite silly right now.

500miles
06-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Am I missing something.I know they beat herts n maybe someone else but were they not almost bottom a week or so ago?Im not too sure of my facts but if they are remotely true it doesnt construe sucess surely?I wish Mixu well so long as it doesnt damage Hibs but it aint success in my eyes.

What? His team were written off as relegation candidates, with no money, the club in turmoil, and a miniscule playing squad. He's got them sitting midtable when they would have just been happy to avoid the drop.

FR - the accusations to Mixu from some quarters were that he wasn't learning, and that he would never learn. I would have been happy to allow Mixu to learn as Hibs manager. I take great pride in my teams reputation for being faithful to young players, and I would have taken pride in them being faithful to a young manager. But thanks to "fan power", the board, essentially, managed him out the door - as good as sacking.

I was FUMING when I heard he was sacked (to which Mountcastle Hibs will testify....in fact, he may have been the victim of my next tackle as soon as news reached the Holyrood playing fields!), and I take a great deal of pleasure in the discomfort that any Hibs fan who ridiculed him as manager of our club may experience, when he is doing well.

Bostonhibby
06-11-2010, 07:41 PM

Success was not part of the thread, I based my observation, for debate, on 2 played 6 scored, none conceded.....

pentlando
06-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Even outwith those two games Killie have been playing very well this season. The Rangers game b4 the Hearts win the had something like 21 shots at goal and got beat 2-0. When we beat them a few weeks back we were extremely lucky, Hoggs equaliser was probably our first chance. If he can get a good quality striker in there with Eremenko pulling the strings they will be a pretty strong team indeed.

down-the-slope
06-11-2010, 10:34 PM

Agree but highlighted bit is a bit harsh as its decent compared to many, and their financial probls are partly related to ground re-development / need for all seated

stubru59
06-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Whilst I'm glad to see Mixu doing well, we of all people know that a good first quarter doesn't make a season.

sesoim
06-11-2010, 10:58 PM
By his own admission, Mixu feels he is a better manager following his year out - where he studied other managers. Looks like we got him too early.

:agree: Same problem with Collins. I couldn't understand the rush to get Collins when he had no management experience, and it ended up being a big problem. I though Mixu would do well here, but again he didn't know how to deal with certain things, perhaps for similar reasons.

That's why I wanted Hibs to employ a manager who was over 50 and had been a (proven) manager for at least ten years. But I'm not going there again.....

Shrekko
06-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Mixu did really well for Cowdenbeath and his Finnish club prior to coming to ER. He's now undoubtedly showing he's an astute boss at Killie, yet it didnt happen for him at Hibs.

I wonder why the Hibs job is such a difficult one at the moment?

ReillyF5
06-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Killie are playing good football.

Something we have to get back to doing sharpish...

RIP
06-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Collins Mixu and Hughes were all well capable of finding success as managers

But there have been major obstacles to success at Easter Road for several years and until they are resolved, every coach appointed will be effectively working with his hands tied behind his back

lyonhibs
06-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Collins Mixu and Hughes were all well capable of finding success as managers

But there have been major obstacles to success at Easter Road for several years and until they are resolved, every coach appointed will be effectively working with his hands tied behind his back

Care to expand, bearing in mind that outwith the OF and Hearts, Hibs have most probably spent the most in the SPL on wages/signing on fees/compensation in the SPL :confused:

Looking forward to this explanation..........

greenlex
07-11-2010, 12:14 AM

utter pish

lyonhibs
07-11-2010, 12:20 AM
utter pish

That was roughly my sentiment, but you expressed it SO much more eloquently :greengrin

GGTTH

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Mixu's got some good players at Killie, they outplayed Hibs at ER a few weeks ago even though we beat them.

I noticed at the game at ER he was still going for playing the ball out from the goalkeeper EVERY time which he tried to do at Hibs. Good luck to him, but he'll realise like at ER, it doesn't always work out for him that way.

But Killie are doing well at the moment, fair play to the big guy, they have put together a few good results, hope it works out for him as he's a likeable guy, as long as CC does better!

SurferRosa
07-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Mixu Pataleinnen, what a f***kin signin.......
Aw the best tae him....`cept when Killie play Hibs obviously..!!!!

dp00
07-11-2010, 12:55 AM
The issue with the hibs job is unfortunately the same issue collins, mixu and yogi have all had ....

The Culture of the players

None of the above men a bad managers and all are more than good enougth to manage us but untill we get rid of the players and start again. every manager is going to have the same problem... the minute petrie choose the players over the manager is where the problems started

Still reckon we will pump the dirty jambos tommorow tho :)

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

CmoantheHibs
07-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Success was not part of the thread, I based my observation, for debate, on 2 played 6 scored, none conceded.....

Sorry didnt realise the thread was being based on his last 2 games.Cannot deny that they have been 2 tremendous results for Killie and judging by reports they had been playing well prior to them also.Like I said previously I wish him well so long as its not to our detriment:greengrin

CmoantheHibs
07-11-2010, 02:50 AM
What? His team were written off as relegation candidates, with no money, the club in turmoil, and a miniscule playing squad. He's got them sitting midtable when they would have just been happy to avoid the drop.

FR - the accusations to Mixu from some quarters were that he wasn't learning, and that he would never learn. I would have been happy to allow Mixu to learn as Hibs manager. I take great pride in my teams reputation for being faithful to young players, and I would have taken pride in them being faithful to a young manager. But thanks to "fan power", the board, essentially, managed him out the door - as good as sacking.

I was FUMING when I heard he was sacked (to which Mountcastle Hibs will testify....in fact, he may have been the victim of my next tackle as soon as news reached the Holyrood playing fields!), and I take a great deal of pleasure in the discomfort that any Hibs fan who ridiculed him as manager of our club may experience, when he is doing well.

At least half the league were relegation candidates,with a small squad and no money.They are sitting mid-table but its a tight league and 2 wins on the trot usually means you climb a good few places.They have had a good week with 2 excellent results but they could easily be dragged into a relegation scrap again.Judging by reports Mixu seems to have them playing well and that is to the big mans credit.Good luck to him.
Wouldnt the world be a much more special place if in a weeks time we are reflecting on winning our last 2 games.:agree:

hibs0666
07-11-2010, 03:23 AM
This sacking is a good example of supporters knowing **** all.

Septimus
07-11-2010, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=dp00;2627971]The issue with the hibs job is unfortunately the same issue collins, mixu and yogi have all had ....

The Culture of the players

Agree 100% with this. Maybe Mixu is finding no inflated egos to deal with and has players who are motivated by the thought that they are getting a game every week, earning a reasonable wage doing so, and are lacking in the delusions of granduer department.. Good luck to him say I and if his team are above us at the end of the season perhaps the penny might start to drop at Easter Road or better still at the training grounds.

Kaiser1962
07-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Simple. Better players.

Better attitude and application by those players.

Steve-O
07-11-2010, 08:58 AM
This sacking is a good example of supporters knowing **** all.

Lets just see where Killie are at the start of the season.

We were going nowhere with Mixu, it's just a pity we even ended up going backwards from that lowly point.

pentlando
07-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Lets just see where Killie are at the start of the season.

We were going nowhere with Mixu, it's just a pity we even ended up going backwards from that lowly point.

Definitley joint top :wink:

LaMotta
07-11-2010, 11:15 AM

:agree:

Things weren't always great under Mixu, but for me there was a lot of encouraging things happening.

Towards the end of his time at Hibs he beat Hearts twice (once completely against the odds when everyone had written us off) and he also got two draws against the old firm in what was, for them, must win games as they went for the title.

In both old firm games games he played formations designed to stifle opposition that had far superior players and came away with a point - yet he was widely derided by a lot of people on here for playing such defensive cr@p football in these games.

He was accused of being tactically inept on a weekly basis, yet for me there was growing evidence here that Mixu was far from it.

There was also the weekly Mixu spouts nonsense threads - the Killie fans right now are wholesome in their praise of the sense he is talking. Obviously its too early to judge him at Killie properly, but after one full season in charge (which was far from a complete failure) maybe it was too early to get rid of him at Easter Road.