PDA

View Full Version : Celtic v Aberdeen (Injury time question)

Speedy
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I know the game was over but why was there no stoppage time?

Are there any refs on here that can comment on whether a ref should be allowed to decide a team has 'had enough'?

matty_f
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM

Are there any refs on here that can comment on whether a ref should be allowed to decide a team has 'had enough'?

If there were stoppages (which I'm assuming, given the scoreline, the red cards, and the number of penalties involved, that there were) then the ref should add the time on for them.

IMHO, that can't really be a subjective thing - the ref needs to ensure that the 90 minutes are played. If Hibs are playing a game and it's close and we lose a goal three minutes into injury time because the ref's accounted for subs etc, then it's unfair that another ref doesn't account for them in another game.

delbert
06-11-2010, 06:30 PM
As far as the laws go, the stoppage time to be added at the end of a match is solely at the discretion of the referee, so if he decides there's nothin to be added on, thats it, does'nt matter what anyone else's perception of what should be added on is (although the supervisor at the match might just take an interest)

Broken Gnome
06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Celtic being deprived of vital opportunities to boost their goal difference. It's disgraceful how they're treated. I sense another strongly worded letter is forthcoming.

basehibby
06-11-2010, 06:36 PM
As far as the laws go, the stoppage time to be added at the end of a match is solely at the discretion of the referee, so if he decides there's nothin to be added on, thats it, does'nt matter what anyone else's perception of what should be added on is (although the supervisor at the match might just take an interest)

:agree: You rarely see time added on when the scoreline is getting anywhere near double figures anyway. Presumably the refs angle is to spare the losing team further humiliation - there wouldn't be much hope of a come back afterall.

Pretty Boy
06-11-2010, 06:36 PM
The league this season could very well be decided on goal difference.

I see a Celtc conspiracy special coming.

' Aye the pure bias ref who gie'd us twa penalties and sent aff wan o' their playerrrs didnae add oan ony injury time and stoapped us scoring wan mair goal, s'no fair ken whit am saying bud?'

Owain_1987
06-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Well we beat Montrose 9-0 the reff blew am sure after 88mins I know this as the person next to me was timing the game.

Danderhall Hibs
06-11-2010, 06:55 PM

I'm not a ref but basically it's because the ref can do as he pleases with injury time and he obviously felt sorry for Aberdeen.

H18sry
06-11-2010, 07:27 PM
The league this season could very well be decided on goal difference.

I see a Celtc conspiracy special coming.

' Aye the pure bias ref who gie'd us twa penalties and sent aff wan o' their playerrrs didnae add oan ony injury time and stoapped us scoring wan mair goal, s'no fair ken whit am saying bud?'

:cool2: 3 pens :wink:

SMAXXA
06-11-2010, 08:13 PM

Eh well common sence FFS, im sure if either set of players had picked up a serious injury at 4mins into added time there would be a que of people askin why the added time was added given there was a team up, to me its common sence and good on it.

Mind if we were beating that mob tomorrow with the same score and the ref cut it short id be ragin :greengrin