PDA

View Full Version : A more professional approach to supporting the club

Jack
06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Right.

It’s a hugely important game tomorrow so its really important the support is as fit as it possibly can be.

To start with that means no-one out on the randan tonight. Glass of wine or a small beer with a hearty tea then a relaxing time, the singing section might want to run through the octaves, a few scales, but I don't want you straining anything – you’ve got to be fit for tomorrow.

I want everyone who is going to be at Easter Road tomorrow in bed by 9 o’clock – no excuses. If I find anyone out drinking tonight, and I’ll be checking, then there’ll be trouble.

Up bright eyed and bushy tailed early tomorrow, remember it’s an early start. Get a good breakfast in you, no dairy products for the singing section, it’s going to be a long day – you might even want to take a piece. Singing section I want you to wait until there's a good head …. of steam in the shower before you start your singing practice in the shower.

Finally everyone, remember its dangerous out there and probably it’s going to be a bit chilly so wrap up warm.

That's it, have a good night and I’ll see you at the ground quarter to two at the latest for a final limbering up.

Take care.

jackhfc
06-11-2010, 05:57 PM
No problem mum :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I'd love to go along with this boss, but I'm already in jail. Any chance you could send me a cake with a file hidden in it?

Bostonhibby
06-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Cheers Jack, I have spent the last 5 hours doing cucumber sandwiches with the crusts off for tommorow, and having just completed them am putting my night cream on and turning in now before church tomorrow, then a small sherry before we bully of against the Edinboro Giants, I can hardly wait, we have trifle in the event of our emerging victorious.

KdyHby
06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Sorry Jack, been to the racing at Kelso today (there were a decent number of Hibees there); had a good scoop, but will be in Edin in plenty of time tomorrow..

Pedantic_Hibee
06-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm in Southampton and will not be at the game therefore I am exempt from the Club Supporter Rules.

Which is just as well as I'm sat here at 8.20pm, half-cattled on Stella Artois with untold promises of more alcohol and a late night rendezvous with my estranged.

Either way, at 2am, I expect to be at least four times over the limit and surrounded in my own filth. Good stuff.

matty_f
06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm in Southampton and will not be at the game therefore I am exempt from the Club Supporter Rules.

Which is just as well as I'm sat here at 8.20pm, half-cattled on Stella Artois with untold promises of more alcohol and a late night rendezvous with my estranged.

Either way, at 2am, I expect to be at least four times over the limit and surrounded in my own filth. Good stuff.

If you start driving now you'll be up in time for kick off.:agree:

Don't worry about the Stella and that, stick a Red Bull or two into some vodka and just sip it regularly on the way up the road.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-11-2010, 07:20 PM
If you start driving now you'll be up in time for kick off.:agree:

Don't worry about the Stella and that, stick a Red Bull or two into some vodka and just sip it regularly on the way up the road.

I can't even drive :boo hoo:

I just wanted to record my pishedness on an easily read scale.

The Tubs
06-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I always used to find that a techno allnighter followed by stacks o' bevvy straight through to kick-off turned me into a raging machine of noise.

It doesn't really help you to follow the game but from a less selfish point of view, it allows you to make a real contribution to the cause.

Hibbyradge
06-11-2010, 07:25 PM
I hope it's if I go to the gym in the morning. :worried:

Bostonhibby
06-11-2010, 07:28 PM
**** me, I have just woken up at the end of a dream where we trolleyed them 0 -7 was so hyper that I ate the 300 cucumber sarnies and am now going over my back garden wall to the pub.

I expect to professionally emerge at 1 a.m drink a few more until I professionally fall asleep in the chair before waking up, frying a few eggs then repeating the process without the sarnies, I know its not the same as being there but in my own amateurish way I will be.

Come on Hibs, into these, Bassas.................

matty_f
06-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I can't even drive :boo hoo:

I just wanted to record my pishedness on an easily read scale.

Don't let that stop you, if anything it'll make the drive more interesting.

IWasThere2016
06-11-2010, 08:41 PM
and the prosecution :agree:

matty_f
06-11-2010, 08:43 PM
and the prosecution :agree:

Yep, have to think of the folk who have been roped into jury duty. :thumbsup:

Jack
06-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Matt and TQM - get to your beds!

RIP
06-11-2010, 10:25 PM
And no pub before the game either. We will have 4000 yams at ER from 1.30 so we need to have that East Stand full from an hour before the game

No part-timers please

Jack
06-11-2010, 10:31 PM
You get to your bed as well!

greenlex
06-11-2010, 10:58 PM
I am in my bed but there us no way I am gonna get to sleep. FFS I am not a kid anymore. Every derby is the same!!!!!!!