PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen

Spike Mandela
06-11-2010, 03:35 PM
They scored 4 against us at a canterFFS:blushie::shocked:

matty_f
06-11-2010, 03:37 PM
They scored 4 against us at a canterFFS:blushie::shocked:
They didn't though - if you look at that match, in hindsight we had more chances, and better chances. They scored with their only 4 attempts of the game.

They just got the rub of the green against us.

Spike Mandela
06-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Still a wee bit of an eye opener Mattie.

matty_f
06-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Still a wee bit of an eye opener Mattie.

Aye, no dispute there mate.:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Taxi for Magoo. :taxi

marinello59
06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Oh dear. :faf::faf::faf:

Delighted to see them totally humiliated. Shambles of a club managed by a total erse.

Pretty Boy
06-11-2010, 03:54 PM

Delighted to see them totally humiliated. Shambles of a club managed by a total erse.

This.

The only fans who match the yams for total and utter delusion.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Feel sorry for Richard Gordon.

R'Albin
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
This.<br />
<br />

I hate them and mghee as well, cannae wait to wind them all up at school..Hahahahaha they are so deluded it unreal!!!

steino1875
06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
there are worse things in life but how would you ever recover from this humilation at the start of the season everybody was saying this is the weakest the old firm have been in years and were there for the taking i right :cool2:

Sir David Gray
06-11-2010, 04:15 PM
What will this result do for the reputation of the SPL?

I know a lot of people belittle the league as it is (rightly so, to be honest) but when you get one of the Old Firm beating a team 9-0, it reflects really badly on the competitiveness of the SPL.

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2010, 04:17 PM

I know a lot of people belittle the league as it is (rightly so, to be honest) but when you get one of the Old Firm beating a team 9-0, it reflects really badly on the competitiveness of the SPL.

The game's been up for a long time, and I can't see how the SPL is viable in its current format. Get back to playing each other twice a year.

robinp
06-11-2010, 04:18 PM

Not any worse than the PSV Feyenoord game 2 weeks ago! :cool2:

greenlex
06-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Technicaly 2 goals worse. :greengrin

Golden Bear
06-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Nae luck Aberdeen but I'm absolutely delighted for Mcgoo.

He must be odds on favourite to be the next SPL Manager to receive the big chop.

Shame really.

:bye:

HibsMax
06-11-2010, 04:25 PM

What does that say about a club they beat 4-2?

Alfred E Newman
06-11-2010, 04:32 PM

No sympathy for McGoo but sympathise with the Dons fans. Scotland needs a strong Aberdeen just as much as a strong Hibs and Hearts.

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2010, 04:33 PM
No sympathy for McGoo but sympathise with the Dons fans. Scotland needs a strong Aberdeen just as much as a strong Hibs and Hearts.

thats true:agree:

Spike Mandela
06-11-2010, 04:34 PM

Sod it. We need to look after ourselves and we need to start putting a run of results together that put's more pressure on Aberdeen and not us!

Hibs Class
06-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Nae luck Aberdeen but I'm absolutely delighted for Mcgoo.

He must be odds on favourite to be the next SPL Manager to receive the big chop.

Shame really.

:bye:

Has his interview been on yet? I'm sure he will see some positives in the performance and once they get their injured players back then the future will be bright

marinello59
06-11-2010, 04:35 PM
What does that say about a club they beat 4-2?

Totally irrelevant. And even if it was relevant I won't let it stop me winding up every single sheep fan I see over the next few days. And I will see plenty of them.:greengrin

ancienthibby
06-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Three actually!!

Milne;
MIller;
Magoo.

Golden Bear
06-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Has his interview been on yet? I'm sure he will see some positives in the performance and once they get their injured players back then the future will be bright

He has - and to be honest I thought I was listening to Yogi.

The spirit of denial lives on.

7Hero
06-11-2010, 04:40 PM
says on bbc website celtic had 8 shots on goal :confused:

snooky
06-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Anybody see the game?
Any controversial decisions against Celtc? Penalties allowed and then disallowed? Poor refereeing? Conspiracies?
Or maybe it was the SPL refs pay back time for their recent shennanigans?
Or, maybe Aberdeen were that bad. :dunno:

BTW, that Mixu is some manager - should we go for him?

Diclonius
06-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Their fifth was an own goal.

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Anybody see the game?
Any controversial decisions against Celtc? Penalties allowed and then disallowed? Poor refereeing? Conspiracies?

not hibs class.

banchoryhibs
06-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Magoo sounded almost unconcerned in the post match interview, when he said that people will have seen how they performed for much of the match he sounded exactly like Yogi ........ he's an embarrassment for his club:asshole:

I can't see him surviving. :bye:

marinello59
06-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Three actually!!

Milne;
MIller;
Magoo.

Good point. :greengrin

JohnScott
06-11-2010, 05:00 PM

Totally amazed at someone like yourself coming out with a statement like that. The humilation is not only Aberdeens but Scottish football's too. If you think anything else then your totally deluded!

In a week when Celtic are whinging on about refs bias (:faf:) they finish it with 3 penalties?! As for Aberdeen? I travelled for years to see Hibs humped by marvelous Aberdeen teams and yes, I grew to hate their utter arrogance drilled into them by Fergie. However there's not a chance I'll take delight in seeing them humped by the Glasgow **** 9 nil. What the hell does that say about the SPL?

Couldn't give a monkies about McGhee though given his statement years ago that he'd NEVER return to Scottish football. Hope he's pondering that remark tonight!

R'Albin
06-11-2010, 05:01 PM

I dont think they count penalties, why i dunno:confused:

Oh and if you lived in aberdeen and got abused about losing 4-2 for the last 2 weeks you wouldnae feel sorry for them:wink: love listening to them on sportsound:faf:

marinello59
06-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Totally amazed at someone like yourself coming out with a statement like that. The humilation is not only Aberdeens but Scottish football's too. If you think anything else then your totally deluded!

:rolleyes:
I live in Aberdeen and have taken enough stick over the years. OK with you if I give some back now?
I am absolutely delighted tonight and make no apologies for that.:thumbsup:

marinello59
06-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh and if you lived in aberdeen and got abused about losing 4-2 for the last 2 weeks you wouldnae feel sorry for them:wink: love listening to them on sportsound:faf:

My wee lad had a horrendous time at school after that doing we took at Pittodrie the other week. He can't wait until Monday.:greengrin

rubber mal
06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
This.

:agree:

Removed
06-11-2010, 05:13 PM

In a week when Celtic are whinging on about refs bias (:faf:) they finish it with 3 penalties?! As for Aberdeen? I travelled for years to see Hibs humped by marvelous Aberdeen teams and yes, I grew to hate their utter arrogance drilled into them by Fergie. However there's not a chance I'll take delight in seeing them humped by the Glasgow **** 9 nil. What the hell does that say about the SPL?

Couldn't give a monkies about McGhee though given his statement years ago that he'd NEVER return to Scottish football. Hope he's pondering that remark tonight!

So were they penalties or not? What point are you trying to make?

I don't care what it says about the SPL - we all know the old firm will run away with the league and we all know the reasons why and it'll never change. We are giving a GIRFUY to Mcgoo who is a bawbag arrogant fud. If you don't give a monkey about him I suspect you'll be in the minority on here.

soupy
06-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I hate them and mghee as well, cannae wait to wind them all up at school..Hahahahaha they are so deluded it unreal!!!

School!!!!!! it says your 19 years old!!!:confused:

soupy
06-11-2010, 05:17 PM

sorry i read it wrong...:confused:

R'Albin
06-11-2010, 05:18 PM
oops, 1996 DOB i really am a mong:greengrin

R'Albin
06-11-2010, 05:19 PM
sorry i read it wrong...:confused:

Ohh:rolleyes:

matty_f
06-11-2010, 05:20 PM
So were they penalties or not? What point are you trying to make?

I don't care what it says about the SPL - we all know the old firm will run away with the league and we all know the reasons why and it'll never change. We are giving a GIRFUY to Mcgoo who is a bawbag arrogant fud. If you don't give a monkey about him I suspect you'll be in the minority on here.

I don't think it says anything about Scottish football. Did it say anything about Spanish football when Barca scudded 6 past Real Madrid last season? Someone already pointed out the 7-0 in Holland the other week - are we now to assume that the Dutch league is a joke?

It says that Celtc had a very good day, on a day where the Sheep had a very bad one.

A 9-0 one-off game is not any real reflection on the Scottish game.

greenlex
06-11-2010, 05:33 PM

Sorry John thats pish. Every league in all parts of the world will throw up a result like this. Fven the EPL and La Liga. The humiliation is all Aberdeens tonight. GIRFU them is what I say.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-11-2010, 05:36 PM
PSV beat Feyenoord 10-0 last week. Didn't Man Utd beat someone 9-0 a few years back in the Premiership?

Just glad it wasn't us, 7-0 at Ibrox was bad enough.

Alfred E Newman
06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Anybody see the game?

They bood the ref for sending off the Celtic player for his last man tackle and they bood the ref off at half time for not sending the Aberdeen goalkeeper off for the second penalty. Given the ht score was 4-0 , what does that tell you about the shower of bawbags.

Removed
06-11-2010, 05:50 PM
They bood the ref for sending off the Celtic player for his last man tackle and they bood the ref off at half time for not sending the Aberdeen goalkeeper off for the second penalty. Given the ht score was 4-0 , what does that tell you about the shower of bawbags.

So if we were 4 nil up at ht and thought the ref was ***** would we ignore it because of the score?

No danger.

I'm no Celtc sympathiser but some of the hypocrisy on here is unbelievable imo

Pretty Boy
06-11-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't think it says anything about Scottish football. Did it say anything about Spanish football when Barca scudded 6 past Real Madrid last season? Someone already pointed out the 7-0 in Holland the other week - are we now to assume that the Dutch league is a joke?

It says that Celtc had a very good day, on a day where the Sheep had a very bad one.

These freak results happen now and then. PSV pumping Feyenord 10-0 a couple of weeks back, Man Utd put 9 past Ipswich a few years back, I'm sure they did similar to Sheffield Wednesday maybe?

We all know Scottish footballs in a sorry state but folk need to lighten up and have a bit of a laugh at Aberdeens expense. Mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.

MSK
06-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Jeez ..god forbid we beat the yam tramps 7-0 again...i couldnae handle the apathy on here !!!!

Bad for the state o Scottish football ...oh dear ...:faf::faf::faf:

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2010, 06:04 PM

If he comes anywhere near my kids, I swear I'll do time!!!! :grr:

Sir David Gray
06-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Jeez ..god forbid we beat the yam tramps 7-0 again...i couldnae handle the apathy on here !!!!

Bad for the state o Scottish football ...oh dear ...:faf::faf::faf:

I know this post is a bit tongue-in-cheek but that's not what I'm saying at all. Obviously you're going to be happy if your team wins by that kind of margin but as a Hibs fan, I think it's a really big negative for Scottish football as a whole when we see Rangers and Celtic knocking 7, 8 or 9 goals past fellow SPL teams. If it only happened once every five years or so then I don't think anyone would bother too much but the Old Firm score 5+ goals against SPL teams on a fairly frequent basis.

When you add in the fact that they are about 10 points clear of the rest of the pack after only 11 games then it makes for very depressing reading.

MSK
06-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I know this post is a bit tongue-in-cheek but that's not what I'm saying at all. Obviously you're going to be happy if your team wins by that kind of margin but as a Hibs fan, I think it's a really big negative for Scottish football as a whole when we see Rangers and Celtic knocking 7, 8 or 9 goals past fellow SPL teams. If it only happened once every five years or so then I don't think anyone would bother too much but the Old Firm score 5+ goals against SPL teams on a fairly frequent basis.

When you add in the fact that they are about 10 points clear of the rest of the pack after only 11 games then it makes for very depressing reading.The old firm have been miles ahead of the rest for many years & i see no change in that any time soon tbh ...Aberdeen under Mcghee were an accident waiting to happen..& it happened today ..

That result does nothing to damage Scottish football ..it only hammers another nail in the coffin ..Scottish football has been dead or near as damn it for a long time..

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2010, 07:01 PM

I think a non existent Hearts would be great for Scotland.

Part/Time Supporter
06-11-2010, 07:04 PM
The old firm have been miles ahead of the rest for many years & i see no change in that any time soon tbh ...Aberdeen under Mcghee were an accident waiting to happen..& it happened today ..

That result does nothing to damage Scottish football ..it only hammers another nail in the coffin ..Scottish football has been dead or near as damn it for a long time..

Symptom, not cause.

HibeeSince85
06-11-2010, 07:06 PM

Or Spurs 9-0 Wigan last season:cool2:

RickyS
06-11-2010, 07:15 PM

gets my vote:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
06-11-2010, 07:17 PM

Boaby, if they didnae exist we'd have to make them up :agree:

p.s Whats the attire for tomorrow? I expect this answer to have it's own dedicated thread by 9pm.

Removed
06-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Boaby, if they didnae exist we'd have to make them up :agree:

p.s Whats the attire for tomorrow? I expect this answer to have it's own dedicated thread by 9pm.

Where is Monza when you need him?

marinello59
06-11-2010, 07:29 PM

Not so good for the world though. Who would have fought them on the beaches etc?

JohnScott
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM

Of course it is. Its embarrassing! Are you clowns seriously saying Hearts fans are not embarrassed by the 7 nil drubbing we gave them nearly 40 years ago. No matter which way you dress it up, a nine nil deficit for a team of their stature is an embarrassment. As for comparing Celtic to Tottenham? Nuff said!

My regards to Marinello. Go for it big time mate. Doesn,t change my view though. Unlike most on here it dosen't fill me with joy seeing Aberdeen in this state. It merely underlines how far the game has fallen. If they can't see that well fine. Were **** but theyre ****ier seems the view. That's frankly pathetic!

matty_f
06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Of course it is. Its embarrassing! Are you clowns seriously saying Hearts fans are not embarrassed by the 7 nil drubbing we gave them nearly 40 years ago. No matter which way you dress it up, a nine nil deficit for a team of their stature is an embarrassment. As for comparing Celtic to Tottenham? Nuff said!

My regards to Marinello. Go for it big time mate. Doesn,t change my view though. Unlike most on here it dosen't fill me with joy seeing Aberdeen in this state. It merely underlines how far the game has fallen. If they can't see that well fine. Were **** but theyre ****ier seems the view. That's frankly pathetic!

Sorry, are you calling me a clown because I don't think the result is an embarrasment for Scottish football?

The Yams are embarrassed about a 0-7 horsing, of course they are. Did the rest of Scotland feel embarrassed that they got horsed 0-7, at home, to their greatest rivals, in the New Year derby no less?

Doubt it.

Am I embarrassed that Aberdeen got horsed today? Not in the slightest. If it had been Hibs I'd be mortified. It wasn't.

Were the English embarrassed about the EPL when Wigan lost 0-9 to Spurs? Nobody outside Wigan was embarrassed about that.

Aberdeen should rightfully be embarrassed by that result. Of course they should. However it doesn't reflect on the rest of Scottish football at all. People can see that it's a one off and these results happen once every now and again.

As for the Celtc/Spurs comparison, I would reckon that relatively speaking the gulf in spend between Spurs and Wigan is comparable to that of Celtc and Aberdeen, or not far off it - if anything, the gap between Wigan's spend and Spurs spend will be less than the Celtc and Aberdeen one.

lapsedhibee
06-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Not so good for the world though. Who would have fought them on the beaches etc?

Off topic but I just watched a Michael Palin documentary about the thousands of WWI casualties which occurred between the signing of the armistice at 5am and the official end of hostilities at 11am on 11 November 1918. Inexplicably, HOMFC were not mentioned. Is there some sort of BBC2 conspiracy to suppress the truth about their decisive role? :confused:

MSK
06-11-2010, 08:46 PM

My regards to Marinello. Go for it big time mate. Doesn,t change my view though. Unlike most on here it dosen't fill me with joy seeing Aberdeen in this state. It merely underlines how far the game has fallen. If they can't see that well fine. Were **** but theyre ****ier seems the view. That's frankly pathetic!Is there any need tae call folk clowns ..?

I couldnt give a flying **** ....if the yams got humped 9-0 next week and the week after and the week after that... i would party till the cows come home and im sure they would be the same wi us..

Aberdeen got trounced today because they were pish..nowt more ..

Get over it ..its football..**** happens..

marinello59
06-11-2010, 08:49 PM

Thanks. I have been holding off opening the champagne until you gave me the OK. Pathetic I know.:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
06-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Given the fact that we are joint bottom of one of the poorest leagues in Europe at the moment I don`t think we are in a position to ridicule anyone.

matty_f
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Given the fact that we are joint bottom of one of the poorest leagues in Europe at the moment I don`t think we are in a position to ridicule anyone.

Ach cheer up!

Mibbes Aye
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Off topic but I just watched a Michael Palin documentary about the thousands of WWI casualties which occurred between the signing of the armistice at 5am and the official end of hostilities at 11am on 11 November 1918. Inexplicably, HOMFC were not mentioned. Is there some sort of BBC2 conspiracy to suppress the truth about their decisive role? :confused:

For BBC2 read GFA et al, all part of the global anti-yam conspiracy :agree:

The powers-that-be can't stand Homfc.....Actually, the powers-that-be don't really care about Homfc, they're just a minor irritant with an appalling disciplinary record, a support with a decent history of sectarianism and racism, and a penchant for bumping people for money they owe them.

Removed
06-11-2010, 09:08 PM

:faf:

You are taking this way too seriously

Mibbes Aye
06-11-2010, 09:11 PM

I like your logic.

If we can't have a go or ridicule other people for something we've never successfully done ourselves, does that not negate every post you've ever made criticising the Hibs board :greengrin

ReillyF5
06-11-2010, 09:23 PM
First post so be gentle...

Aberdeen have been on the slide for years, halted momentarily by JC steadying the ship but they are sliding again. MM has thrown in the towel and is awaiting compensation. Its plain to see.

We aren't sliding in the fashion of Aberdeen, our performances have been below par for a good while but I think the right man can take us far. While for the Dons I think whoever manages that set of players will do well to get them in the top 6.

MM seems to borderline bully his most talented player - Aluko. He was subbed off after the Hartley red card. He is always the first one to get hooked/dropped when things arent going MM's way.

If Zemmama is going to be this unlucky with injuries I would take Aluko or Emerenko from Killie. They look like players that can do a job week in week out but with abit of quality, something Rankin et al just dont provide. Grounds need to stay at ER, Mowbray won today so hopefully he doesnt feel the need to bring him back.

I think we are 1 step away from turning the corner. I think Aberdeen are 1 step away from div 1 football. An injury to Paul Hartley and they will finish 12th, mark (mcghee) my words.

greenlex
06-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry, are you calling me a clown because I don't think the result is an embarrasment for Scottish football?

The Yams are embarrassed about a 0-7 horsing, of course they are. Did the rest of Scotland feel embarrassed that they got horsed 0-7, at home, to their greatest rivals, in the New Year derby no less?

Doubt it.

Am I embarrassed that Aberdeen got horsed today? Not in the slightest. If it had been Hibs I'd be mortified. It wasn't.

Were the English embarrassed about the EPL when Wigan lost 0-9 to Spurs? Nobody outside Wigan was embarrassed about that.

Aberdeen should rightfully be embarrassed by that result. Of course they should. However it doesn't reflect on the rest of Scottish football at all. People can see that it's a one off and these results happen once every now and again.

As for the Celtc/Spurs comparison, I would reckon that relatively speaking the gulf in spend between Spurs and Wigan is comparable to that of Celtc and Aberdeen, or not far off it - if anything, the gap between Wigan's spend and Spurs spend will be less than the Celtc and Aberdeen one.
:agree: Saved me the bother typing Matty.

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2010, 07:06 AM
I like your logic.

If we can't have a go or ridicule other people for something we've never successfully done ourselves, does that not negate every post you've ever made criticising the Hibs board :greengrin

And I don`t get the logic of your reply.
Hibs have been successfull in the past and are not now. If I felt our manager or board were responsible I would feel entitled as a paying supporter to criticise them.
As for ridiculing other supporters of a club in a similar prediciment to ourselves then that is a different matter. McGhee I don`t like, but I have no ill feeling towards the Aberdeen supporters who have also had to watch their team underachieve in recent years. And before you say it Hearts are a different matter, their supporters have enjoyed limited success in recent times.
Yesterdays result was an embarrassment for Aberdeen and like it or not ,it does show the massive gulf between the Old Firm and the rest.
Given that the result was inflicted on Aberdeen by the most obnoxious club in Scotland , satisfaction in the result is also puzzling given the level of abuse normally directed at Celtic on this messageboard.

CyberSauzee
07-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Tom English tells it how it is

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Celtic-90-Aberdeen-Atrocious-Dons.6615880.jp

Their manager, Mark McGhee, tried to stick up for them, but to say they were pathetic falls lamentably short in describing how abject they were. What they produced was an insult to their fans and their history. Their grasp of the concept of character in adversity was non-existent. They were a disgrace.

Don't hold back now Tom, I thought you could have been slightly more pejorative there.

Hibs Class
07-11-2010, 09:43 AM

:rules: Second from bottom, thanks to our superior goal difference. By your logic we would be suggesting that Hearts were joint champions in 1985-86. :wink:

jdships
07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Interesting quote from McGhee on BBC
"....."This is a one-off game. Celtic thoroughly deserved to beat us by a margin. I thought nine was ridiculous and hard on us.
I think we had ourselves to blame in a lot of areas, "

Woweeeeeeeeee !!!!

:rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
:faf:

You are taking this way too seriously

Are you still rolling about laughing now?

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2010, 06:13 PM
:rules: Second from bottom, thanks to our superior goal difference. By your logic we would be suggesting that Hearts were joint champions in 1985-86. :wink:

Another good result today then by your logic. Keeps us second bottom on goal difference.

Westie1875
07-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I hope the sheep stick with McGhee for as long as possible, that way we may have a chance of leapfrogging them soon.

MSK
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Are you still rolling about laughing now?Its a marathon Malcolm no a sprint ..im sure i dont need to tell you that ...:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I hope the sheep stick with McGhee for as long as possible, that way we may have a chance of leapfrogging them soon.

I can understand that sort of logic . :agree: