PDA

View Full Version : Songs for Sunday

Sir David Gray
05-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Right, I am putting this thread up since the previous one got deleted due to some of the song suggestions being potentially illegal/offensive.

Can I ask anyone who has those types of songs in mind to please refrain from posting them on here. I have two songs that I consider to be really good suggestions and I know a few others on here would like to hear them sung on Sunday and the only way that will happen is if people get the chance to read them on here. If this thread also gets deleted then the chances of hearing some good songs at the game on Sunday are very slim.

So please keep whatever those songs were out of this thread.

Ta. :aok:

Anyway, now for my two suggestions.

The first one was suggested on here last season before one of the derbies and although it got a good reception from people on here, it never made it to where it really matters - into the stands;

He is the Hibees number ten
Riordan, Riordan
He gets the ball and scores again
Riordan, Riordan
He told the Jambos where to go
Then signed a deal at Easter Road
Derek Riordan
Hibernian's number ten

I would really love to hear the East Stand singing this on Sunday, it would be brilliant!

The second one is a direct copy and paste from the Man Utd songbook as you can hear this at Old Trafford every week as their fans sing it about Leeds.

It's a very simple chant and shouldn't take long to catch on.

It goes like this;

We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m
7-0 6-2
7-0 6-2
7-0 6-2
7-0 6-2
We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m...

Hearing those songs on Sunday would be different class.

Hopefully some people from the Hibs 12th man group can get to grips with them and ensure that they, and those around them, start those songs off and get the whole stadium singing them.

Any thoughts?

Post up any other suggestions that you may have for Sunday but PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN. I DON'T WANT TO COME BACK ON LATER AND FIND THIS THREAD BINNED AS WELL.

essexhibee
05-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Well I think what we should do is have sunshine on leith played just as and when the teams are coming out. Just like anfield, get all the fans with their scarves in the air, in one voice and with the whole ground booming it out. Will great a stunning atmosphere and hopefully this will translate onto the pitch and kick the players up the arse and see what it really means to the fans.

Or do they do this already?

Oh and one more play "Insomnia" by Faithless during the build up to get the fans buzzing.

McKenzie
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
and Dirty Picture - Taio Cruz for Craig Thomson:wink::greengrin

murraymckirdy
06-11-2010, 11:42 AM
and Dirty Picture - Taio Cruz for Craig Thomson:wink::greengrin

Aww mate that is the best idea i have heard in ages:top marks:top marks:top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

seanraff07
06-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Well I think what we should do is have sunshine on leith played just as and when the teams are coming out. Just like anfield, get all the fans with their scarves in the air, in one voice and with the whole ground booming it out. Will great a stunning atmosphere and hopefully this will translate onto the pitch and kick the players up the arse and see what it really means to the fans.

Or do they do this already?

Oh and one more play "Insomnia" by Faithless during the build up to get the fans buzzing.

Agree with playing both "Insomnia" and then SOL when the players are coming out, not 10 mins before kick off!

essexhibee
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Fans need to get speaking to the dj and get him to sort it out!

Hibby70
06-11-2010, 01:03 PM
So you want non-offensive chants then use the word sc*m in one you suggest:confused:

make up your mind.

p.s. I dont mind offensive chants.

.Sean.
06-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Thee's a thread on the bounce with some excellent suggestions :agree:

Sir David Gray
06-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Right folks, the derby's now less than 24 hours away so it's the last chance for people to learn these songs.

Is there anyone from the Hibs 12th man group (or any like-minded individuals) who would be interested in taking on the responsibility of getting these songs going tomorrow? Is 32easterroad (or whatever the guy's name is) going about tonight? If so, please let me know what you think!

I think it would be great to hear them both sung tomorrow.

Come on people, you know it makes sense. :agree:

So you want non-offensive chants then use the word sc*m in one you suggest:confused:

make up your mind.

p.s. I dont mind offensive chants.

:confused: The only reason I had for asking that offensive chants be kept off this thread is that I wanted my two songs to be highlighted on here before Sunday so people could have a chance of learning them and then singing them at the game. If the offensive songs, that were posted on the other thread, were posted on this thread as well then it would just be deleted like the other one and then people wouldn't get a chance to learn those songs. Personally speaking, within reason, I'm not bothered about reading some non-PC songs.

It's not me who makes up the rules. I don't know what suggestions were posted in the other thread but, as far as the admins were concerned, they went too far and if memory serves me correctly, a couple of the admins suggested that what was posted potentially had legal consequences for this site as well.

I'm not a lawyer, but I would guess that encouraging people to sing "we all hate Hearts sc*m" won't land anyone on here in court any time soon.

In terms of defining offensive chants, unlike illegal chants, that is purely down to individual taste and interpretation. Since this thread wasn't deleted after I posted this song, I would assume that it falls within the rules of this forum.

The only people who will find that song offensive are Hearts fans and I don't think that will ever be against the rules on a Hibs message board, at least I hope not. It's not offensive to any particular race, religion, sexual orientation etc etc and I would guess that is the fine line separating the acceptable song that I have posted and the unacceptable song(s) that were posted before on the other thread and was the reason it got deleted.

jst1875
06-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Right, I am putting this thread up since the previous one got deleted due to some of the song suggestions being potentially illegal/offensive.

Can I ask anyone who has those types of songs in mind to please refrain from posting them on here. I have two songs that I consider to be really good suggestions and I know a few others on here would like to hear them sung on Sunday and the only way that will happen is if people get the chance to read them on here. If this thread also gets deleted then the chances of hearing some good songs at the game on Sunday are very slim.

So please keep whatever those songs were out of this thread.

Ta. :aok:

Anyway, now for my two suggestions.

The first one was suggested on here last season before one of the derbies and although it got a good reception from people on here, it never made it to where it really matters - into the stands;

He is the Hibees number ten
Riordan, Riordan
He gets the ball and scores again
Riordan, Riordan
He told the Jambos where to go
Then signed a deal at Easter Road
Derek Riordan
Hibernian's number ten

I would really love to hear the East Stand singing this on Sunday, it would be brilliant!

The second one is a direct copy and paste from the Man Utd songbook as you can hear this at Old Trafford every week as their fans sing it about Leeds.

It's a very simple chant and shouldn't take long to catch on.

It goes like this;

We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m
7-0 6-2
7-0 6-2
7-0 6-2
7-0 6-2
We all hate Hearts sc*m
We all hate Hearts sc*m...Hearing those songs on Sunday would be different class.

Hopefully some people from the Hibs 12th man group can get to grips with them and ensure that they, and those around them, start those songs off and get the whole stadium singing them.

Any thoughts?

Post up any other suggestions that you may have for Sunday but PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN. I DON'T WANT TO COME BACK ON LATER AND FIND THIS THREAD BINNED AS WELL.

it goes a wee bit like this...............................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6khLVvtyIE&feature=related

Franck Le God
06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
The reason for the lack of singing is, IMO, that people don't want to start singing for the song to just die out and leave them singing no their own looking like an erse.

What we need is for the singing section to keep singing (as they have been) even when the rest of the crowd stops. Hopefully people will eventually join in and the song will spread. This is one of the reasons that 'we hate glasgow rangers' works so well.

Pretty Boy
06-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Hope the DJ gets Hibs songs on the go before the game. A few Hibs songs, cut the music 10 minutes before kick off and let the crowd build an atmosphere, just after the teams come out play SOL and then straight into 500 miles just before kick off.

marinello59
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
:singing:
We've got a stadium
You've got a shy.............(I don't want to warn myself for bypassing the swear filter.:greengrin)

Repeat many times. :thumbsup:

Franck Le God
06-11-2010, 05:39 PM
:singing:
We've got a stadium
You've got a shy.............(I don't want to warn myself for bypassing the swear filter.:greengrin)

Repeat many times. :thumbsup:

:top marks

Feed McGraw
06-11-2010, 05:57 PM
To the tune of Que sera,sera or as some might know it - the "Steve Gerrard,Gerrard" song : Derek Rior-dan
Our favourite number 10
Has knocked in a goal again
Derek Rior-dan

Repeat, only louder, DEREK RIOR-DAN.........

Could be good to sing just after he scores.

Also, how about " All we are saying, is Tynie`s a hole " :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Sunshine on Leith always gets the hair on the back of my neck standing up. (Don't tell the stewards though).

nickwhibs
06-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Must sing the 'we all hate hearts sc*m' song tomorrow :agree: