PDA

View Full Version : Big Softy

jackhfc
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Songs for the derby thread got deleted, can we not have any fun on here ffs? :faf:

Andy74
05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Songs for the derby thread got deleted, can we not have any fun on here ffs? :faf:

Someone seems to have judged that the Skacel song is racist or xenephobic.

That is more than a little open to debate is it not??

jackhfc
05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Skacel is a twat, im sure every hibby on here agrees...

:saltireflag

HibbyAndy
05-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Skacel's a f ecking flange and a half!.

jackhfc
05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
:top marks
Skacel's a f ecking flange and a half!.

HibsMax
05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
The problem is this. It's easier for the Admins to delete the entire thread than go through each one and delete offensive posts. Actually, that's not the problem. The problem is people making offensive posts in the first place (and that includes me). I do think that the policing has gotten stricter here over the years but that's neither a compliment or a complaint, just an observation. I would love it if only the offending material was removed but who is going to volunteer to do that? Not me (mostly because I would be too lenient).

jackhfc
05-11-2010, 02:41 PM
The problem is this. It's easier for the Admins to delete the entire thread than go through each one and delete offensive posts. Actually, that's not the problem. The problem is people making offensive posts in the first place (and that includes me). I do think that the policing has gotten stricter here over the years but that's neither a compliment or a complaint, just an observation. I would love it if only the offending material was removed but who is going to volunteer to do that? Not me (mostly because I would be too lenient).

Maybe an idea to create a new forum titled 'Offensive', and give one of those warning messages like at the start of south park lol

That way people can't moan or remove things because it's their own fault for clicking on it..

Just an idea, maybe a bit controversial though

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Maybe an idea to create a new forum titled 'Offensive', and give one of those warning messages like at the start of south park lol

That way people can't moan or remove things because it's their own fault for clicking on it..

Bit silly, too.... it's like putting up a flag and saying "here it is, here's the really nasty stuff". You have to remember that the site admins have their legal responsibilities to consider.

Andy74
05-11-2010, 02:52 PM

That's obviously offensive to twats.

You are insinuating that there is something wrong with being a twat or being someone that has one.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

marinello59
05-11-2010, 03:03 PM

It's always been the policy on here to keep the place reasonably family friendly. That hasn't changed. Throw in some legal ramifications and the thread had to go. Sorry.

Mikey
05-11-2010, 03:39 PM

There's an area like that on Kickback. It's basically a relaunch for their Private Members board to try and generate some interest in it.

The swear filter is turned off and it aint pretty. It's certainly not the sort of forum you would want children to view.

Something like that certainly won't be happening here.

Oh and....... we have a swear filter for a reason. Don't try and bypass it.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I'd like to post the two songs up again, that I posted up on that thread earlier today as I would like to hear them on Sunday and for that to happen, people obviously need a chance to read/learn them before Sunday. Obviously there is no chance of that happening at the moment now that the thread that contained those songs has been deleted.

I assume it is ok to post them in a new thread?

Dunbar Hibee
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Skacel needs to be taking into refuge.

:duck:

Sir David Gray
05-11-2010, 04:19 PM
I'd like to post the two songs up again, that I posted up on that thread earlier today as I would like to hear them on Sunday and for that to happen, people obviously need a chance to read/learn them before Sunday. Obviously there is no chance of that happening at the moment now that the thread that contained those songs has been deleted.

I assume it is ok to post them in a new thread?

I take it it's ok then...?

Barney McGrew
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I take it it's ok then...?

As long as they conform to the forum rules, then no problem.

jackhfc
05-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh and....... we have a swear filter for a reason. Don't try and bypass it.

:devil:

Sir David Gray
05-11-2010, 04:52 PM
As long as they conform to the forum rules, then no problem.

I don't believe either of the songs that I posted up earlier were against any rules.

The reason I asked the question was just in case you were worried about a new thread about songs for the derby following the same path as the previous thread and the same songs that were deemed to be offensive or illegal, or whatever, were posted on that thread as well and then that also had to be deleted.

Anyway, cheers for the confirmation. I'll put up a request in my opening post for people to leave out any songs that could be potentially illegal/offensive.

The_Todd
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM

But the song isn't "Rudi Skacel is a ****** twat", though. Nobody would have a problem with that at all, I don't think.