PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
things are turning for them IMO...........

maybe for the cabbage as well :confused:

a wee lift please this Sunday :thumbsup:

Don-hibee
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Steve Gerrard Gerrard

ClewsHibs
04-11-2010, 09:58 PM
how bad was the commentary on five :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
how bad was the commentary on five :bitchy:

They are certainly better than their position indicates. A solid top ten side. It'll be a long time before they make the top five though. They will be fighting for the last Europa Cup slot though.

Can't see them being English champions again in the lifetime of most people on this board.

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
A pint on them being top four this season?

If I had a brewery I'd put it down they won't. Who are they going to displace from the current top five? Could only be city or spurs logically, and that won't happen.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2010, 09:48 AM

Christ you better settle down with all these pint bets you're making.

The clocks ticking towards January and still no sign of Maka getting a league game at Swansea. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Man City are on another level from Liverpool at the moment.

You'll be needing a 2nd mortage for all the pints you'll be buying.:greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
05-11-2010, 10:12 AM
things are turning for them IMO...........

nah, needed Stevie G to pull them out the crap again, still a 2 man team, they look no better than a midtable finish.......

Sir David Gray
05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
If Gerrard was to get injured for any length of time, I have no doubts that Liverpool would be playing Championship football this time next year.

The majority of their squad is made up of second rate mediocrity.

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2010, 11:25 AM
What happened last night!

Stevie Gerrard is past his best, he's overrated, he's never been that good anyway, it's all true I tell you, it must be...................................people on here have been saying it for months. :faf::faf::faf::na na:

BryanV
05-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Stevie Gerrard is past his best, he's overrated, he's never been that good anyway, it's all true I tell you, it must be...................................people on here have been saying it for months. :faf::faf::faf::na na:

Yes, he rules Channel 5.

jdships
05-11-2010, 11:36 AM

A long way from being past his best - thank goodness :thumbsup:

RoslinInstHibby
05-11-2010, 11:52 AM

Chuffed over a win in the Eurpoa league at home to Napoli.......shows how far they have fallen:agree:

jdships
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Chuffed over a win in the Eurpoa league at home to Napoli.......shows how far they have fallen:agree:

You honestly saying NO English Premier League team would have been happy with that result?
Every team has to rebuild at times - even Hibs

1 S.S. Lazio 9 22
2 FC Internazionale Milano 9 18
3 AC Milan 9 17
4 Juventus 9 15
5 SSC Napoli 9 15

Good result :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2010, 01:24 PM

If as a football supporter you can't see why supporters of a team who have struggled to gain many decent results this season would be chuffed at coming from one nil down to win 3-1 then I suggest you give up and go and watch Hertz.

And yes it was the Europa league, the very same one that we as Hibs supporters were delighted to have qualified for and then equally gutted as we got pumped at the first hurdle.

I would have been equally as chuffed if Liverpool had beat Northampton at home in the League cup and were still in the competition, because my expectation as a suporter of both clubs is that I want to see my teams win every game no matter what the competiton or who the opponent is.

WALK ON :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, he rules Channel 5.

The record book will record his hat trick as being shown on channel 5 and not Sky Sports will they??

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2010, 01:29 PM

I will have some of that please. By the look of things i will be needing a taxi home with all this drink you wil be buying.

RoslinInstHibby
05-11-2010, 02:35 PM
You honestly saying NO English Premier League team would have been happy with that result?
Every team has to rebuild at times - even Hibs

1 S.S. Lazio 9 22
2 FC Internazionale Milano 9 18
3 AC Milan 9 17
4 Juventus 9 15
5 SSC Napoli 9 15

Good result :thumbsup:

ah but this isn't just any team though is it.....this is Liverpool, the biggest club in the world.....or so some think

RoslinInstHibby
05-11-2010, 02:38 PM
If as a football supporter you can't see why supporters of a team who have struggled to gain many decent results this season would be chuffed at coming from one nil down to win 3-1 then I suggest you give up and go and watch Hertz.

And yes it was the Europa league, the very same one that we as Hibs supporters were delighted to have qualified for and then equally gutted as we got pumped at the first hurdle.

I would have been equally as chuffed if Liverpool had beat Northampton at home in the League cup and were still in the competition, because my expectation as a suporter of both clubs is that I want to see my teams win every game no matter what the competiton or who the opponent is.

WALK ON :greengrin

i respect your faith in your team, imho Liverpool should be up their with the best in the Business in Europe whilst Competing for the league, any less is not good enough.....

matty_f
05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I will have some of that please. By the look of things i will be needing a taxi home with all this drink you wil be buying.

I was going to have some of that too, but I felt bad about it. Surely nobody is thinking liverpool will displace spurs, city, arsenal, chelsea, or man u?!

matty_f
06-11-2010, 08:22 PM
We're only a few points behind .. Long way to go and Liverpool,if you analyse the squad we are still pretty strong .. Our result against Bolton doesn't look so bad after today's result ..Man City and Spurs always likely to crumble..

Fair point, think when I replied I had Liverpool as further out the picture than they actually are (much like many have done with us this season).

Still think you'll lose the bet, but glad I never took you up on it!

jdships
06-11-2010, 08:38 PM
ah but this isn't just any team though is it.....this is Liverpool, the biggest club in the world.....or so some think

doesn't everybody think their club is the biggest/greatest in the world.?
And why shouldn't they.?

I support Liverpool because of two relatives who played for the club

Removed
06-11-2010, 09:08 PM
The biggest and greatest club in the UK by results and statistics of trophies won.And when you consider their humble beginnings and humbleness with which they acknowledge what they have achieved, I think they should have their brownie points quadrippled ...:agree:

Surely not. How many medals did Gary mackay win again?

jdships
06-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Surely not. How many medals did Gary mackay win again?

Oh come on that's not a fair comparison !
GM played for a really BIG TEAM :greengrin

FranckSuzy
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry ..But that's gone gone over my head :confused:

Kind of like Sir Albert's goals :greengrin

Removed
06-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Kind of like Sir Albert's goals :greengrin

pmsl

Hibee Daz
06-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I was going to have some of that too, but I felt bad about it. Surely nobody is thinking liverpool will displace spurs, city, arsenal, chelsea, or man u?!

Just spurs and city this season and then world domination wooohahahaha!:wink:

matty_f
07-11-2010, 05:58 PM
:wink:

Hey, I'm happy - Liverpool were my second team when I was a boy, still got the strips!

Don't really have a second team these days, since my first team take up so much of my time as it is.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
At least Liverpool lifted some of the gloom and doom from yesterday for me.
Lucas was outstanding Chalie Adam couldn't lace his boots :greengrin

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Girfuy the anti Liverpool brigade.

Might be *****y the now...I don't give rats ass......chelski can have that and so can napoli.

YNWA.

ENDOF