PDA

View Full Version : East Stand will rise to the occasion on Sunday

RIP
04-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Remember the Killie game? They scored a really early goal. What happened in the East?

Boo, Hiss, Aw fer foks sake, deathly quiet, folk walking out?

None of the above!!

Within seconds of the ball landing in the back of the net, the new Singing Section started up a loud chant of HIBEES HIBEES HIBEES.

Hibs fans that were listening on the radio couldn't believe their ears. Alastair Stevenson came on the radio praising the fans for inspiring the comeback that followed

So whatever the score - winning, drawing or losing - we must never stop singing. Colin and our team need US to stand up and be counted on Sunday

And stand up and sing we will :thumbsup::flag:

seanraff07
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM
True.

Standing there in silence will only encourage the Yams to sing more!

brydekirk
05-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Remember the Killie game? They scored a really early goal. What happened in the East?

Boo, Hiss, Aw fer foks sake, deathly quiet, folk walking out?

None of the above!!

Within seconds of the ball landing in the back of the net, the new Singing Section started up a loud chant of HIBEES HIBEES HIBEES.

Hibs fans that were listening on the radio couldn't believe their ears. Alastair Stevenson came on the radio praising the fans for inspiring the comeback that followed

So whatever the score - winning, drawing or losing - we must never stop singing. Colin and our team need US to stand up and be counted on Sunday

And stand up and sing we will :thumbsup::flag:

a wiz at the game and was presently surprised by the responsce :thumbsup: espesially after the previous weeks silence and booing. lets keep it up:agree:

Hibbyradge
05-11-2010, 06:29 AM
I hope it's full. It will really be imposing.

sundo1875
05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Boo every hearts player when they get the ball and get right behind the men in green and white

HenryMonk
05-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Boo every hearts player when they get the ball and get right behind the men in green and white

i will certainly be doing this, and hope my idiot from abroad will be doing same :greengrin

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5336/karlpilkington.jpg

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

hibbymac
05-11-2010, 11:09 AM
i will certainly be doing this, and hope my idiot from abroad will be doing same :greengrin

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5336/karlpilkington.jpg

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

:confused: Am I missing something here?

HenryMonk
05-11-2010, 11:28 AM
:confused: Am I missing something here?

look for the glaikit C next to me on sunday east hh 153, and you'll see what i mean!!:wink:

hibbymac
05-11-2010, 11:31 AM
look for the glaikit C next to me on sunday east hh 153, and you'll see what i mean!!:wink:

Ahh, no problem :greengrin probably struggle a bit to see from the upper FF. :thumbsup:

You talking about a "lookylikey" or the real thing?

HenryMonk
05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Ahh, no problem :greengrin probably struggle a bit to see from the upper FF. :thumbsup:

You talking about a "lookylikey" or the real thing?

lookylikey:agree:

and only 2 rows above, but depends on what seat you are:wink:

hibbymac
05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
lookylikey:agree:

and only 2 rows above, but depends on what seat you are:wink:

:aok:

HenryMonk
05-11-2010, 11:41 AM
:aok:

goota go mate, train to catch up from kings x.

comon the cabbage

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::

Vini1875
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
I was there and the thing that really inspired the fans to start singing chanting etc wasn't anything to do with what was happening on the park, but rather the fact that the stewards were trying to get people to sit down. I doubt they will attempt anything like that on sunday. So hopefully events on the pitch will get us up and singing.

NeilOrrSquareBa
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
It would be nice for the fans to give unequivocal backing to the team. I think there's every cahnce of that if w score first and win the game!:wink:

RIP
06-11-2010, 10:31 PM
It would be nice for the fans to give unequivocal backing to the team. I think there's every cahnce of that if w score first and win the game!:wink:

No that's not it mate - not it at all

Hearts may score first just like Killie did

But we need to start singing immediately louder than ever before

It's got **** all tae dae wi stewards why we did that. It was to lift the players and it worked

Sir David Gray
06-11-2010, 10:51 PM
No that's not it mate - not it at all

Hearts may score first just like Killie did

But we need to start singing immediately louder than ever before

It's got **** all tae dae wi stewards why we did that. It was to lift the players and it worked

Any chance you could drum up some support within your group for singing the two songs that I suggested on the thread "Songs for Sunday" earlier on?

I think it would really help the 12th man group to take off and make their mark if they managed to get two new songs into circulation. :agree:

lyonhibs
06-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Any chance you could drum up some support within your group for singing the two songs that I suggested on the thread "Songs for Sunday" earlier on?

I think it would really help the 12th man group to take off and make their mark if they managed to get two new songs into circulation. :agree:

:faf::faf:

Whilst I admire the sentiment, over the past few years, literally hundreds (most terrible, a few gems) of songs have been suggested (frequently with rallying cries of "let's get behind our team and belt this out"), especially for the Derby. None of them have made it to the stands, unless the Nade song originated on here???

The Hibs Songbook for tomorrow will consist of (some of the below depend entirely on the score):

The Wallace Mercer Song
The Rudi Skacel Song
Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries - my personal favourite
Oooh to be a Hibby
Hail Hail
We are Hibernian FC
Colin, gies a wave
Some kind of Vladimir Romanov/Paul Hartley combo

and Sunshine on Leith plus some sort of song realting to the benched Craig Thomson being a paedophile.

Personally, I'm looking forward to all of the above, except the 1st one, immensely, but no other songs are going to be adopted - not even by the almighty "Singing Section" - in time for tomorrow.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
06-11-2010, 11:11 PM
:faf::faf:

Whilst I admire the sentiment, over the past few years, literally hundreds (most terrible, a few gems) of songs have been suggested (frequently with rallying cries of "let's get behind our team and belt this out"), especially for the Derby. None of them have made it to the stands, unless the Nade song originated on here???

The Hibs Songbook for tomorrow will consist of (some of the below depend entirely on the score):

The Wallace Mercer Song
The Rudi Skacel Song
Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries - my personal favourite
Oooh to be a Hibby
Hail Hail
We are Hibernian FC
Colin, gies a wave
Some kind of Vladimir Romanov/Paul Hartley combo

and Sunshine on Leith plus some sort of song realting to the benched Craig Thomson being a paedophile.

Personally, I'm looking forward to all of the above, except the 1st one, immensely, but no other songs are going to be adopted - not even by the almighty "Singing Section" - in time for tomorrow.

GGTTH

I think you'll be proved correct, I tried to get both songs heard last season and despite a good reaction on here, neither song was heard at the game.

There's no harm in trying though and I just thought that it might be a good idea to try and get the 12th man group to attempt to get those songs going tomorrow since they're a relatively new group and will be looking to make a good impression at the first derby of the season.