PDA

View Full Version : FIFA.com article on the Derby

sunshine1875
04-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Interesting article on the FIFA.com website. However, the more I read it I thought it had been written by a Yam. I would have thought they would have mentioned the great European victories and getting to the semi-final of the inaugural European Cup.

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/stories/classicderby/news/newsid=1328994.html#years+edinburgh+enmity

JimBHibees
04-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Interesting article on the FIFA.com website. However, the more I read it I thought it had been written by a Yam. I would have thought they would have mentioned the great European victories and getting to the semi-final of the inaugural European Cup.

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/stories/classicderby/news/newsid=1328994.html#years+edinburgh+enmity

Decent enough article IMO though as you say a little leaning towards Hearts. Am amazed they used the 'establishment' side line whatever that means.

Ritchie
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
the article totally reeks of yam!! :jamboak:

Hibs7
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
the article totally reeks of yam!! :jamboak:

agreed :jamboclow:trumpet:

lyonhibs
04-11-2010, 12:18 PM
"Hibs’ only crumb of comfort in derby statistics is that they boast the biggest competitive win: a much-celebrated 7-0 thrashing of their great rivals on New Year’s Day 1973"

"but the most significant match between these sides took place 114 years ago in the 1896 Scottish Cup final."

"Among the more memorable Edinburgh derbies of recent years was a 4-4 draw in 2003 in which 18-year-old Graham Weir struck twice in the 94th minute to earn Hearts a share of the spoils. Even more significant was the Scottish Cup semi-final of 2006, which Hearts won 4-0 en route to lifting a trophy that has eluded Hibs since 1902."

Some seriously selective periods/games that Johnny "FIFA" Yam cites here. What about the injury-afflicted team that went to Tynecastle and pished on the form book towards the end of Mixu's reign?? What about 6-2, 0-3 or "You're not unbeatable" in 2005.

A good article, but if I read that and didn't know better, you'd think Hearts had some sort of legitimate clain to the "Big team vs Wee team" pish

Hainan Hibs
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Definitely written by a Yam trumpet.

I could take a pot shot at numerous parts of it, but I'll personally aim a shot at his "stops short of blind hatred" line.

Unfortunately for me it doesn't. I really,really,really,really,really REALLY hate those *****.

sunshine1875
04-11-2010, 12:30 PM
"Hibs’ only crumb of comfort in derby statistics is that they boast the biggest competitive win: a much-celebrated 7-0 thrashing of their great rivals on New Year’s Day 1973"

"but the most significant match between these sides took place 114 years ago in the 1896 Scottish Cup final."

"Among the more memorable Edinburgh derbies of recent years was a 4-4 draw in 2003 in which 18-year-old Graham Weir struck twice in the 94th minute to earn Hearts a share of the spoils. Even more significant was the Scottish Cup semi-final of 2006, which Hearts won 4-0 en route to lifting a trophy that has eluded Hibs since 1902."

Some seriously selective periods/games that Johnny "FIFA" Yam cites here. What about the injury-afflicted team that went to Tynecastle and pished on the form book towards the end of Mixu's reign?? What about 6-2, 0-3 or "You're not unbeatable" in 2005.

A good article, but if I read that and didn't know better, you'd think Hearts had some sort of legitimate clain to the "Big team vs Wee team" pish

That's what I thought. I was waiting for the 400,000 fanbase comment and that the Yams have the higher average attendances. No mention of the higher debt!

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2010, 12:49 PM
If you are going to talk about the Yam's progress since the FTB takeover bid, you really should balance it by talking about what's happened at Hibs in the last 20 years. The clubs have adapted different fiscal strategies and yet both are in pretty much the same position.

That is the true story of Hibs and Hearts rivalry, neither can shake the other off. You could also contrast the differing approach to how the game is played, unless you think that paints one team in a better light than the other.