PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Goals at Easter Road.

Skanko79
04-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Whats the top 5 goals you have seen at Easter Road then?

Doesnt even have to be top 5 maybe just even the best in your opinion.

Heres mine.

1/ Russel Latapay Vs Yams in the 6-2 game.
2/ Didier Agathe's wonder goal Vs Dundee. (think it was the same season as the 6-2 game)
3/ Chico fi the halfway line Vs Alloa in the cup
4/ Pat McGinley fi the halfway line Vs Killie the week after Chico
5/ Andy Goram from his own box Vs Morton

Maybe mine are a wee bit more bizarre than technically good apart from Russel and Didier's but were good to be at the game and witness none the less.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
04-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Can't argue with your first two - when the 6th goal went in against Hearts I experienced a completely new feeling of absolute euphoria that I hadn't felt before or have felt since.

Managed to see Goram's goal v Morton too, though I missed the two from the halfway line (saw Pat's on the telly).

Would also mention the Michael O'Neill goal v Motherwell, incorrectly described in Trainspotting - what a goal and what a game.

Michael O'Neill also scored a peach of a goal v Raith Rovers in a 3-2 win on Wednesday night late in the same season - after a couple of his trade mark dummy turns, he chipped the keeper from the edge of the box.

Frank Sauzee's free kick v Falkirk will also live long in the memory, as will the Latapy to Sauzee volley v Morton.

Too many to mention! Also really loved one of Deano's goals against Gretna in the 6-0 league cup game when he beat his man and perfectly chipped the keeper from the edge of the box with his left foot. I was stood right behind it on the East, how the laddie managed that with the use of only one eye is truly beyond me.

Hibercelona
04-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Lets not forget about Riordans special goal at ER against the yam tramps. :thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
04-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Lets not forget about Riordans special goal at ER against the yam tramps. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Was stood right behind that one as well - total peach, in from the moment it left his boot. A few minutes later was when the ball went out of play and a rugby ball was chucked back on at Craig Gordon, who proceeded to rugby pass it out of play.

Great few minutes.

cam75
04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Can't argue with your first two - when the 6th goal went in against Hearts I experienced a completely new feeling of absolute euphoria that I hadn't felt before or have felt since.

Managed to see Goram's goal v Morton too, though I missed the two from the halfway line (saw Pat's on the telly).

Would also mention the Michael O'Neill goal v Motherwell, incorrectly described in Trainspotting - what a goal and what a game.

Michael O'Neill also scored a peach of a goal v Raith Rovers in a 3-2 win on Wednesday night late in the same season - after a couple of his trade mark dummy turns, he chipped the keeper from the edge of the box.

Frank Sauzee's free kick v Falkirk will also live long in the memory, as will the Latapy to Sauzee volley v Morton.

Too many to mention! Also really loved one of Deano's goals against Gretna in the 6-0 league cup game when he beat his man and perfectly chipped the keeper from the edge of the box with his left foot. I was stood right behind it on the East, how the laddie managed that with the use of only one eye is truly beyond me.
Was FS Goal the freekick from the edge the box inline with the penalty spot?
Latapys goal

You fill a dvd with DR goals that i loved stokes goal v the gers last year peach
SW never scored a tap in Zitellis sissor kick cant remember who against,
Delacruz 20 second goal v hearts the list goes on and on.

Skanko79
04-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Was FS Goal the freekick from the edge the box inline with the penalty spot?
Latapys goal

You fill a dvd with DR goals that i loved stokes goal v the gers last year peach
SW never scored a tap in Zitellis sissor kick cant remember who against,
Delacruz 20 second goal v hearts the list goes on and on.

Zitelli's goal was away to Dundee mate.

Posh Swanny
04-11-2010, 09:30 AM
The one that Deek had disallowed in the 4-4 game against Dundee. Best goal I've ever seen anywhere, let alone Easter Road! Bloody lino. :rolleyes:

Stewart's against Aberdeen in the cup weren't bad either.

Owain_1987
04-11-2010, 09:35 AM
:thumbsup:

Was stood right behind that one as well - total peach, in from the moment it left his boot. A few minutes later was when the ball went out of play and a rugby ball was chucked back on at Craig Gordon, who proceeded to rugby pass it out of play.

Great few minutes.

How could you be right behind it that would of meant you were in the away end :grr:

My top 5 would be;

Deek against the Yams from 30 odd yards

De La Cruz against the Yams also, after about 30 seconds

Deek first goal on his return against Hamilton

There was one game when we beat Killi 3 nil and scored 3 great free kicks, so as it was one game I will say it counts as one goal. Anyone know which game I am talking about? Thomson and Caldwell both scored and am sure someone else.

Again all the goals in the CIS cup final

Franck's goal in the last game in the 1st Diversion

hibee92
04-11-2010, 09:36 AM
The one that Deek had disallowed in the 4-4 game against Dundee. Best goal I've ever seen anywhere, let alone Easter Road! Bloody lino. :rolleyes:

Stewart's against Aberdeen in the cup weren't bad either.

was just going to say that, absolute peach! :agree:

still a fud though :wink:

Stevie Reid
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
How could you be right behind it that would of meant you were in the away end :grr:

No it wouldn't.

Owain_1987
04-11-2010, 09:41 AM
No it wouldn't.

If you were behind it would that not mean you are behind the goal?

Stevie Reid
04-11-2010, 09:44 AM
If you were behind it would that not mean you are behind the goal?

No, I was stood on the East, hence the reason I was right behind both Deek's goal and the Deano one I described, despite them being scored at opposite ends. By 'right behind it' I mean behind the player at almost exactly the same angle as the player to the goal when he struck it.

Owain_1987
04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
No, I was stood on the East, hence the reason I was right behind both Deek's goal and the Deano one I described, despite them being scored at opposite ends. By 'right behind it' I mean behind the player at almost exactly the same angle as the player to the goal when he struck it.

I see that makes more sense to me now :greengrin

sambajustice
04-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Just to clear something up,

Chico's goal was up the hill, from his own half and the ball was almost stationary.

Pat's goal was inside Killie's half, down hill and the ball was moving, therefore easier to generate the power! Still a cracking goal tho!

soproni1
04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Murphy vs Celtic is one that sticks out for me - nice move up the line then pegged the goalie

Benji in a friendly - possibly Bolton?

Nish's chip with the left peg

Zitelli vs AEK

Scott Brown raker at the famous 5 end (possibly his 1st season)

Godsahibby
04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Sauzee's freekick against Falkirk in the last game of the 1st Division season.

Michael O'Neill's goal against Motherwell, I'm sure Crunchie broke away down the right and crossed, O'Neill took it ont he volley from the edge of the box.

THAT 6th goal against Hearts.

Riordon's against Hearts.

Zemmama's against St Mirren.

Owain_1987
04-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Murphy vs Celtic is one that sticks out for me - nice move up the line then pegged the goalie

Benji in a friendly - possibly Bolton?

Nish's chip with the left peg

Zitelli vs AEK

Scott Brown raker at the famous 5 end (possibly his 1st season)

Aye it was Bolton!

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2010, 11:02 AM
My personal favourite was Glass vs Aberdeen - we won 2-1. FF end, hit it on the volley. Aberdeen nearly sold out their end that day and it was a great atmosphere!

easty
04-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I'l always remember Ian Murray's goal against Dundee Utd at Easter Road, it's probably distorted in my memory but the way I remember it he ran about 60 yards with the ball then smashed it into the top corner from the edge of the box.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I remember Gordon Hunter scoring a magic volley from the edge of the box from a corner against St Mirren, Torfasson scored an equally good goal at the other end IIRC. :confused:

The 2 goals in Souness' 1st game in charge of The Huns at ER were magic for the celebrations on the East as much as anything else, what a day!

--------
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Alan Gordon's header from an Arthur Duncan chipped cut-back against Aberdeen in a 3-2 win just after the 1972 League Cup victory.

Bobby Duncan's opener against FC Napoli.

Mike O'Neill's volley from a Kevin Harper pass against Motherwell.

Ally McLeod's volley from a perfect through pass from George Best against Rangers in that first relegation season.

Peter Cormack lobbing Martin the Dunfermline keeper from the halfway line in a 2-0 win around 1967-68.

These in no particular order but all qualify because when I close my eyes I can see them as if they're happening right in front of me.

And for goals away from ER, Paddy and Seamus scoring against Celtic in the LC Final of 1972.

:notworthy:

ahibby
04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Top five is difficult but a couple that always will stick in my mind are Alan Gordon scoring with a diving header from outside the box and Sauzees header against the yams when he lost his teeth. Gary O'Connors goal from the right wing about 25-30 yards out and in to the top corner was a stunner. Zitellis goal from about the same distance against Athens was also good. Mixus second goal against the Yams which led to the tally of six that night.

Stevie Reid
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I'l always remember Ian Murray's goal against Dundee Utd at Easter Road, it's probably distorted in my memory but the way I remember it he ran about 60 yards with the ball then smashed it into the top corner from the edge of the box.

Aye, not quite top corner but a great effort in off the post - hit with his right peg too!

--------
04-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Top five is difficult but a couple that always will stick in my mind are Alan Gordon scoring with a diving header from outside the box and Sauzees header against the yams when he lost his teeth. Gary O'Connors goal from the right wing about 25-30 yards out and in to the top corner was a stunner. Zitellis goal from about the same distance against Athens was also good. Mixus second goal against the Yams which led to the tally of six that night.

:agree: I'm pretty sure that that's the one I'm thinking about against Aberdeen? He was a long way out IIRC, and the ball wasn't more than 3 or 4 feet off the ground?

gylehibby
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
My personal favourite was Glass vs Aberdeen - we won 2-1. FF end, hit it on the volley. Aberdeen nearly sold out their end that day and it was a great atmosphere!

:top marks

greenlex
04-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Favourite is Bobby Smith from about 30yards against the Hun.

borstalboy
04-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Sauzee's volley from the edge of the box which hit the under side of the bar and went in from a Latapy(?) corner while in the first division! What a goal! Not sure who it was against?!

yekimevol
04-11-2010, 05:27 PM
1. chic charnley ,goal against celtic with an assist from larsson.
2. o'conners 93rd minute goal against hearts
3. riordans chip against gordon at easter road
4. benjis debut at easter road against hearts
5.the winning goal on sunday ;)

Broken Gnome
04-11-2010, 05:45 PM
The reinvention of history, namely location and manner of certain goals, never ceases to amuse on these threads. I'll ignore the obvious cases where everyone mentions Riordan's against Hearts, and plump for Scott Brown's against Charlton in the best long-ranger category.

Eaststand
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Whats the top 5 goals you have seen at Easter Road then?

Doesnt even have to be top 5 maybe just even the best in your opinion.

Heres mine.

1/ Russel Latapay Vs Yams in the 6-2 game.
2/ Didier Agathe's wonder goal Vs Dundee. (think it was the same season as the 6-2 game)
3/ Chico fi the halfway line Vs Alloa in the cup
4/ Pat McGinley fi the halfway line Vs Killie the week after Chico
5/ Andy Goram from his own box Vs Morton

Maybe mine are a wee bit more bizarre than technically good apart from Russel and Didier's but were good to be at the game and witness none the less.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Good choices those Skanko..and what about Stevie Archibald's one against the Yams when he turned hee haw McPherson inside out then hit a cracker past hennery smith
:scarf:GGTTH

Eaststand
04-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Good choices those Skanko..and what about Stevie Archibald's one against the Yams when he turned hee haw McPherson inside out then hit a cracker past hennery smith
:scarf:GGTTH

Or wee Joe Harpers 25 yarder against the yams.....I think that was maybe around 1977/78 ish ?

GGTTH

blairwallace
04-11-2010, 07:33 PM
chris McGuire vs iceland and mikey stewarts vs aberdeen are the ones I can think of