PDA

View Full Version : The last derby

Diclonius
03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Finally managed to bring myself to watch the highlights of our most recent game against them, and it made me feel physically sick. I can honestly say that I've never felt as bad following a Hibs game than after that one, despite us suffering far, far worse defeats. :bitchy:

The most overwhelming feeling on that day was of anger, and of wanting to play them again, right away. Thanks to watching the video, that feeling's been rekindled. Thank God we don't have the manager we had on that day, and thank God we don't have the defence.

Let's get into those jammy *****. :agree:

Franck Le God
03-11-2010, 11:24 PM
You got a link? I'll have to watch the 6-2 game on the beeb afterwards to cheer me up though.

matty_f
03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
You got a link? I'll have to watch the 6-2 game on the beeb afterwards to cheer me up though.

Why don't we just stick the link up for the 6-2 game and leave the defeats off?

Anyone got a link for Deek tucking that penalty away in the Casper derby?

Franck Le God
03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Why don't we just stick the link up for the 6-2 game and leave the defeats off?

Anyone got a link for Deek tucking that penalty away in the Casper derby?

Poor quality but was the best I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGL4OOW55A&feature=related

matty_f
03-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Poor quality but was the best I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGL4OOW55A&feature=related

Nice one.:thumbsup:

See, now we can watch this, then the 6-2, and everyone goes to bed smiling :greengrin.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Finally managed to bring myself to watch the highlights of our most recent game against them, and it made me feel physically sick. I can honestly say that I've never felt as bad following a Hibs game than after that one, despite us suffering far, far worse defeats. :bitchy:

The most overwhelming feeling on that day was of anger, and of wanting to play them again, right away. Thanks to watching the video, that feeling's been rekindled. Thank God we don't have the manager we had on that day, and thank God we don't have the defence.

Let's get into those jammy *****. :agree:

I was really angry at the end of that game and it was probably the first time where I really felt that Hughes had to go (that feeling became greater a few days later after that shambolic collapse at Fir Park).

It would be the last time that I would ever sit in my old seat as the front row of the West Stand was being removed at the end of last season and I now sit in the East Stand. Since the game finished the way it did, I left as soon as they scored their second goal and I didn't even acknowledge the fact that I would never be sitting there again until later that night.

I really shouldn't have been surprised at the way that game ended, given our shocking record against them. I just hope our players are really pumped up for Sunday and are focussed on getting a victory against them and hopefully get our season back up and running.

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Hearts were pants last season and we never won 1 derby.
It's true the last one was depressing as hell and really shown the lack of spine in the management team and players that day.
We were shocking in all the games though; The 1st derby probably the only one that wasn't pure crap from us.

like under McLeish, we need to just go out there & be organised, up for it, but ultimately it's another game of football. Hopefully CC will get the team sent out and have them focused, organised and committed, but not to get caught up in silly things that can happen in a derby. Just try play football and get at them.

Seen some of the game from last week on Alba (didn't watch it all as it's still painful as we lost), but we did look a bit better and had more posession where it matters - a bit further up the park - and not just passes across the half way line or in our own half.
Fingers crossed for more improvement on that game, and we might get going this season finally.
A result on Sunday would go a long way to making up for the misery we've had of late! (erm, all 2010!)

GGTTH

half.time.draw.
04-11-2010, 08:52 AM
I was at hospitality at that game, with another Hibby and two ****bo's it was a long Taxi home!