Since90+2
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9156633.stm

:bitchy:

They need to gee it a break. Getting boring now :yawn:

Biggie
03-11-2010, 06:48 PM

Just seen him on TV, the laddie can hardly string a sentence together....perfect for celtc.....

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Utter fantasy. As many times as I have watched that incident, I see the goalie get the ball before the player. TBF to the player though, at the start of the season, Lennon said he wanted his team to hound refs for all decisions, either right or wrong so this is all going to plan. If they win the league, it has been a titanic struggle against everyone, and if they don't it is because the refs are conspiring with the currants. Quite shrewd of Lennon to get excuses in early and cover his own erse. Not sure it will work long term though.:bye:

Removed
03-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Embarrasing

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
To me this is pure hype, the more pressure they put on refs the more decisions they will get throughout the rest of the season so they can keep up with their ugly sister, pathetic really that they have to resort to garbage like this to get points, how many refs will now give other teams a stonewall penalty against them in the last minute of a game with the scores even?...exactly, none

GTF CFC :bitchy:

Kaiser1962
03-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Agree. The cynic in me suggests this might be part of Celtic's exit strategy from Scottish Football. They have made no secret they dont want to be here and the English dont want them so they plead victimisation.
Fair do's the ref told a (white) lie but at the end of the day the correct decision was made. If Celtic and it's players were bastions of honesty and virtue their statements would carry more weight and I find myself, for the first time, hoping Ranger's hump them rotten.

I think all refs, all over Europe, should refuse to referee their games.

To me this is pure hype, the more pressure they put on refs the more decisions they will get throughout the rest of the season so they can keep up with their ugly sister, pathetic really that they have to resort to garbage like this to get points, how many refs will now give other teams a stonewall penalty against them in the last minute of a game with the scores even?...exactly, none

GTF CFC :bitchy:

Diclonius
For the first time I'm genuinely struggling to decide who I hate more, Celtic or Rangers.

Rangers may be utterly vile but at least they make no attempt to conceal it, unlike their cousins. :rolleyes: They're also a damn sight less bitter.

Westie1875
Just seen him on TV, the laddie can hardly string a sentence together....perfect for celtc.....

According to the radio the smellies contacted all media outlets this afternoon to try to stop them from running with this. :faf:

Hibs Class
03-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Pitiful

Cabbage East
03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Jesus wept. You couldn't make it up. Old firm players complaing about not getting decisions. We've only had to put up with that for 135 years.

jdships
03-11-2010, 07:30 PM
He says he
"..... ... believes referees like to give decisions against Celtic. "
I couldn't believe what I was hearing .
If this is Celtic FC official attitude the game in Scotland is goosed big time :rolleyes:
We could/will have a situation where every decision that goes against them will be scrutinosed hyped up and the referee crucified.
Surely this is " bringing the game into disrepute" big time
SFA must take some action to stop this nonsense

I have always maintained that with "decisions " they level themselves out .
I have looked back on a game at FT and thought we should have had a stonewall penalty and the following week thought how lucky we were not to have one given against us

:confused:

Kaiser1962
03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
He says he
"..... ... believes referees like to give decisions against Celtic. "
I couldn't believe what I was hearing .
If this is Celtic FC official attitude the game in Scotland is goosed big time :rolleyes:

As I said this, IMHO, is the plan.

Phil D. Rolls
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Karl Hooper, wasn't he the guy that used to present "That's Amazing"?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Qb1bb-hgoxI/0.jpg

KH:G'day I'm Karl Hooper and welcome to "That's Amazing", besides me is my good mate from over there in Scotland Lenny Neilson. Lenny what you got for us today mate?

LN:Well, Karl have you ever noticed that Celtic seem to get a lot of tough decisions against them?

KH:Well, not really mate.

LN:I've produced this video that perfectly illustrates my case.

KH:Mate, you're showing me Escape to Victory....

LN:...no no Karl, a common mistake, if you look closely you can clear see anti Celtic bias in this decision against our goalie.

KH:Oh, yeah, and what's the goalies name.

LN:Stallone, Fergus Stallone....., er..... no it is Celtic, see some of the players haven't even shaved.

KH:Mate, get off me show.

iwasthere1972
03-11-2010, 07:58 PM

I watched the video without the sound and that was enough for me.

Moaning face gits. Lennon only signed him because he's a HOOPer.

.Sean.
03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
I had a wee chuckle at the ramblings of Billy McNeill in the Sun this morning...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/billymcneill/3209159/Refs-were-anti-Celtic-when-I-was-bossI-think-they-still-are.html

hibs0666
03-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Agree. The cynic in me suggests this might be part of Celtic's exit strategy from Scottish Football. They have made no secret they dont want to be here and the English dont want them so they plead victimisation.
Fair do's the ref told a (white) lie but at the end of the day the correct decision was made. If Celtic and it's players were bastions of honesty and virtue their statements would carry more weight and I find myself, for the first time, hoping Ranger's hump them rotten.

I think all refs, all over Europe, should refuse to referee their games.

They have been doing a Ratners on Scottish football for years. Their 'support' now believes them and a 3/4 full Parkheid shows the greatest support in the world has decided to stay away.

It's nice to see that tawdry club, driven as it is by nothing except self-interest, reaping what it has so effectively sowed.

Capt Mainwaring
03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Utterly embarrassing. Celtic are professional whingers.

They are clearly working to an Agenda that will seek to pressureise Officials into thinking twice about 50/50 calls against them in future.

No-one in the SPL or SFA has the balls to step in and end this farce.

The media are loving this as it sells copy but this is embarrassing for Scottish footbvall.

Never has so much been made by so many over something so trivial.

PS - Let's just keep in mind that Dougie McDonald actually got the decision right here!

Hibs Class
03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Karl Hooper, wasn't he the guy that used to present "That's Amazing"?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Qb1bb-hgoxI/0.jpg

KH:G'day I'm Karl Hooper and welcome to "That's Amazing", besides me is my good mate from over there in Scotland Lenny Neilson. Lenny what you got for us today mate?

LN:Well, Karl have you ever noticed that Celtic seem to get a lot of tough decisions against them?

KH:Well, not really mate.

LN:I've produced this video that perfectly illustrates my case.

KH:Mate, you're showing me Escape to Victory....

LN:...no no Karl, a common mistake, if you look closely you can clear see anti Celtic bias in this decision against our goalie.

KH:Oh, yeah, and what's the goalies name.

LN:Stallone, Fergus Stallone....., er..... no it is Celtic, see some of the players haven't even shaved.

KH:Mate, get off me show.

:top marks

greenlex
03-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Genuinely feel sorry fir the guy. The journo is leading the questions knowing full well Hooper is obviously not too bright. Shameful jouralism. Anything to get a story . The refs are under enough pressure as it us without keeping this non story going. The ref and linesman got it right but tucked up the aftermath. Move on FFS. Between the Media and Celtic it's becoming a real bore. Let's get back to talking about fitba.

Phil D. Rolls
03-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Genuinely feel sorry fir the guy. The journo is leading the questions knowing full well Hooper is obviously not too bright. Shameful jouralism. Anything to get a story . The refs Re under enough pressure as it us without keeping this non story going. The ref and linesman got it right but tucked up the aftermath. Move on FFS. Between the Medua and Celtic it's becoming a real bore. Let's get back to talking about fitba.

It was rope a dope by the journo - in fairness he was only doing his job though. Unless Hooper is really thick, it might suggest that he hasn't been told to keep quiet on the subject - ie Celtic really believe it.

Unfortunately it is relevant to football in this country.

HibeeMcGinn1
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Would be utterly embarassed if this was us right now instead of them. Embarrasing.

Smiggy 7-0
03-11-2010, 09:37 PM

Agree mate, I thought it was just Strachan that was a moanin faced wee twat, now they are all at it.

Now just love to see everything going against them.

jane_says
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM
what an absolute welt.
that is all.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2010, 10:43 PM
He may well have been lead on by the journo asking the question BUT even a dunderheid like Hooper must know that what he was saying is tantamount to bringing the game into disrepute. If managers can be punished for saying referees made wrong decisions (many a gaffer has served a ban from sitting in the dugout) then I don't see this as any different. Jeezo managers get punished for criticising a ref and this guy is criticising them all!

Cue Mr Regan joining this thread tomorrow to point out we're misreading what Hooper actually said :wink: Where is JR by the way? Somebody shot him? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-11-2010, 10:44 PM
For the first time I'm genuinely struggling to decide who I hate more, Celtic or Rangers.

Rangers may be utterly vile but at least they make no attempt to conceal it, unlike their cousins. :rolleyes: They're also a damn sight less bitter.

I used to feel that way, in fact at the outset, I used to be of the belief that there was no other team that came close to Rangers in terms of how detestable they are.

However over the past year or so, my views on that have changed completely and I would now say that I dislike Celtic far more than any other club. I think it really began to start around a year ago when we had the disgraceful scenes at the Falkirk Stadium when some Celtic fans disrupted the minute's silence for Remembrance Day.

Then obviously more recently we've had all this nonsense paranoia about referees and demanding investigations etc. This isn't just restricted to the fans. It seems to extend itself all the way through the club, from the management to the players.

There is something really nauseating about Celtic and I just find the entire club extremely unpalatable.

KiddA
03-11-2010, 10:48 PM

This just gets my blood boiling :grr: he needs to look at the old firm against every other team in the spl over the past 30 - 40 years and see the calls they get. ersehole :bye:

hibee92
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
violins out people :agree:

pathetic, everyones out to get us :boo hoo:

@rseholes! :grr:

calumb
04-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Would be utterly embarassed if this was us right now instead of them. Embarrasing.

would not happen if it was us as the media would not care a jot that a penalty decision went for or against us or whether the ref covered it up or not. The sad fact of life is the Scottish game is only allowed to be interested in the old firm anyone else is unimportant. this was illustrated when our yam brothers leader went off on a rant about corruption, it was reported in the media as a rant and he was held up as madman, which he is but he had a point.

JimBHibees
04-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I had a wee chuckle at the ramblings of Billy McNeill in the Sun this morning...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/billymcneill/3209159/Refs-were-anti-Celtic-when-I-was-bossI-think-they-still-are.html

This was the same Billy McNeill who has openly admitted that he didnt realise how little non-OF teams got from refs when playing the Old Firm until he was Aberdeen manager. Laughable.

poolman
04-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Genuinely feel sorry fir the guy. The journo is leading the questions knowing full well Hooper is obviously not too bright. Shameful jouralism. Anything to get a story . The refs are under enough pressure as it us without keeping this non story going. The ref and linesman got it right but tucked up the aftermath. Move on FFS. Between the Media and Celtic it's becoming a real bore. Let's get back to talking about fitba.

I couldny feel sorry for any one of these Tics, even if their tadgers were on fire caught in a petrol can

The English fud's only been here 5 minutes from teams like Scunthorpe and Leyton Orient or wherever and now he's acting the Billy-Big boy

Classless morons

Dinkydoo
04-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Jesus wept. You couldn't make it up. Old firm players complaing about not getting decisions. We've only had to put up with that for 135 years.

Exactly :agree:

johnrebus
04-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Have to admit to feeling sorry for the laddie.

To be that ugly and that stupid is a very unfortunate hand to be dealt.

:cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I couldny feel sorry for any one of these Tics, even if their tadgers were on fire caught in a petrol can

The English fud's only been here 5 minutes from teams like Scunthorpe and Leyton Orient or wherever and now he's acting the Billy-Big boy

Classless morons

I think he'd find it hard to act the Big Billy Boy though. :greengrin

jdships
04-11-2010, 03:37 PM
He may well have been lead on by the journo asking the question BUT even a dunderheid like Hooper must know that what he was saying is tantamount to bringing the game into disrepute. If managers can be punished for saying referees made wrong decisions (many a gaffer has served a ban from sitting in the dugout) then I don't see this as any different. Jeezo managers get punished for criticising a ref and this guy is criticising them all!

Cue Mr Regan joining this thread tomorrow to point out we're misreading what Hooper actually said :wink: Where is JR by the way? Somebody shot him? :greengrin

:thumbsup::top marks