PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Bale to Hibs

HibeeMcGinn1
02-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh how I wish, the lad is just frightening. Only 21 aswell. Jeeso!

fatbloke
02-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Jeezus Josh I thought for a minute you were on hallucinatory substances when I read the title.

But have to agree it's scary just how good this kid could become.

greenlex
02-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Is he Hibs Class though?

CallumLaidlaw
02-11-2010, 11:54 PM
He was highly rated when he went to spurs, but the amount he has improved in the last 12 months is frightening!

snooky
03-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Jeezus Josh I thought for a minute you were on hallucinatory substances when I read the title.

But have to agree it's scary just how good this kid could become.

One trick pony - left foot, postage stamp corner, goal ................ ad nausium :yawn:

:wink:

CB_NO3
03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
One trick pony - left foot, postage stamp corner, goal ................ ad nausium :yawn:

:wink:

Good to see an old fashion winger. His pace is frightning, he made Maicon look like Chris Hogg :wink:

greenlex
03-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Good to see an old fashion winger. His pace is frightning, he made Maicon look like Chris Hogg :wink:Poor mans Alan O'Brien.

nonshinyfinish
03-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Not tall enough.

hibsbollah
03-11-2010, 08:28 AM
He was highly rated when he went to spurs, but the amount he has improved in the last 12 months is frightening!

Dunno if i'd agree with that, i think when a player moves to a 'big' club they are always described as having 'improved massively'. (think of all the Hibs and Hearts players who mysteriously 'improve massively' according to the media as soon as they join Rangers/Celtic). I even saw some idiot journalist saying Chelsea had 'moulded' Drogba into a great player, when he had already developed into the best striker in Europe at Marseille.

Bale was exceptional even with Southampton IIRC.

Skanko79
03-11-2010, 08:48 AM
He's an excellent player. Not a kick in the arse of the complete left back. His first touch is excellent and his energy is something else. Think he will move on in the summer though, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea and Man United all after him, Would love to see him at City.

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Unless he moved to a top European side, i think he should just stay at Spurs.
They're an excellent team, playing now in the CL and look very comfertable there.
They can build on last season and continue to become a top English side each year, I understand the attraction of other big clubs but I honestly hope he just stays and is part of a side that has just improved itself.
I hate how nowadays a player gets known as a good yin, then all the clubs are over him like a fly round *****.

Hibbyradge
03-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Decent signing.

I think this signals a sea-change in the board's thinking and is evidence of Colin Calderwood's influence on them. :agree:

Having said that, I still think we need strikers and a dominant midfielder.

J-C
03-11-2010, 09:33 AM
You can hear all the English commentators drooling over him and also peed off at the fact that he's Welsh. :greengrin

just_joe
03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Not really been impressed with Bale...........Maybe thats because ive seen the mighty Paul Lovering in action :greengrin

JimBHibees
03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I think a bit of perspective is needed. He did really well and obiously has a lot of energy and can put a decent cross in however he was playing against Maicon who isnt particularly interested or good at defending. After the game some pundit on Sky think it was Dowie was saying he was the best left sided midfielder in the world, dear oh dear. Merson then said Ashley Cole was best left sided player in the world obviously completely ignoring how pants he was in the World cup. Kind of fits with Skys ridiculous overhyping of the EPL but it was cringeworthy.

Bale is no doubt a very talented player however lets see how he does over a number of games and especially against players that can defend.

HenryMonk
03-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I think a bit of perspective is needed. He did really well and obiously has a lot of energy and can put a decent cross in however he was playing against Maicon who isnt particularly interested or good at defending. After the game some pundit on Sky think it was Dowie was saying he was the best left sided midfielder in the world, dear oh dear. Merson then said Ashley Cole was best left sided player in the world obviously completely ignoring how pants he was in the World cup. Kind of fits with Skys ridiculous overhyping of the EPL but it was cringeworthy.

Bale is no doubt a very talented player however lets see how he does over a number of games and especially against players that can defend.

having watched bale from the start of last season i can honestly say there hasnt been a defender that has got better of him. he does what he did last night in nearly every game.
phill neville had a good game against him other week, but he was mostly fouling him and trying to boot him, prem teams always put 2 players on him now, cos they've learnt from last season.
it wasnt just maicon that got ripped lastnight, lucio and a sub that came on got treatment tae.

bale alone is worth the entrance fee, cant say i'v felt like that about a player before.

KeithTheHibby
03-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Poor man's Graeme Mitchell.

brianmc
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
He's nae Tortolano though eh?

The_Horde
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Was talking to a mate about Bale last night and we came to the conclusion that Wales should just tell all their youth players they are going to play left midfield.

They only seem to produce brilliant left midfielders. Even Bellamy plays on the left for most clubs.

john18722
03-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Poor man's Graeme Mitchell.

I just spat my lunch all over my desk after reading the above!:top marks

Dashing Bob S
03-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Decent enough player but it's doubtful whether he'd get the same time on the ball in the hurly-burly of the SPL. Still think we need a tough tackling midfielder first.

CapitalHibs
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Just reminds me how we miss Ivan Sproule. The commentators were going on that a player with that exceptional speed is a real threat in the modern game. I just wish we could get someone with that kind of pace again and a bit of a "football brain"

Dashing Bob S
03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh, and I worry that he'd just be using Hibs as a stepping stone to showcase his talents in the SPL in order to get his dream move to Celtic. Apparantly the whole family is Celtic daft... or maybe it's Rangers. One of them anyway.

WindyMiller
03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Oh, and I worry that he'd just be using Hibs as a stepping stone to showcase his talents in the SPL in order to get his dream move to Celtic. Apparantly the whole family is Celtic daft... or maybe it's Rangers. One of them anyway.

:agree:

Two cheeks of the same 4r5e Bob.

HenryMonk
03-11-2010, 12:56 PM

or maybe hes wanting to join vlad's revoultion at tynie

Mibbes Aye
03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Decent signing.

I think this signals a sea-change in the board's thinking and is evidence of Colin Calderwood's influence on them. :agree:

Having said that, I still think we need strikers and a dominant midfielder.

I think Bale could be the perfect foil for Rankin's industry :agree:

bod
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
He's an excellent player. Not a kick in the arse of the complete left back. His first touch is excellent and his energy is something else. Think he will move on in the summer though, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea and Man United all after him, Would love to see him at City.

which city ?
could be a bidding war if his agent plays it right

Since90+2
03-11-2010, 06:46 PM

For the sort of money Spurs would be looking for I would think only Man City , Real and possibly Chelsea could afford him.

Bostonhibby
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
:bitchy: Hes a full back FFS, we already have several centre backs covering that position. He'd never get a game. Anyway I have heard the Yams are after him.

Phil D. Rolls
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Not Hibs class.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
03-11-2010, 07:39 PM
He's nae Tortolano though eh?

You beat me to it ! :thumbsup:

poolman
04-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Just watched the highlights of Spurs game

Dont know what all the fuss is about

Couldny lace Jimmy Boco's boots :greengrin

hibbytam
04-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Just watched the highlights of Spurs game

Dont know what all the fuss is about

Couldny lace Jimmy Boco's boots :greengrin

Fair enough, but i fail to see how his shoe tying ability affects his footballing ability. And why exactly is Jimmy Boco needing his shoes tied anyway?