PDA

View Full Version : Derby in London Sky 4!!!

JimmyL
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Anyone know of pubs in the brixton area that have sky 4 an will show the game on Sunday?

hibbie02
02-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Anyone know of pubs in the brixton area that have sky 4 an will show the game on Sunday?

Don't know about Brixton as it is South of the River and we don't go there.... London Hibs are watching the game in Quinns in Camden. Should be a fair few in for it.

lyonhibs
03-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't know about Brixton as it is South of the River and we don't go there.... London Hibs are watching the game in Quinns in Camden. Should be a fair few in for it.

:agree:

Well worth the journey from another part of London. Some of us are toddling in from farther afield.

Looking 4ward to getting wired into that buffet :devil:

After having paid the £10 membership fee, obviously :thumbsup:

wpj
03-11-2010, 01:40 PM
:agree:

Well worth the journey from another part of London. Some of us are toddling in from farther afield.

Looking 4ward to getting wired into that buffet :devil:

After having paid the £10 membership fee, obviously :thumbsup:

Anticipating a fine Autumnal menu this weekend :agree:

London Hibs Supporters Club
03-11-2010, 01:59 PM

What the Chinese do to ducks, the French do to chickens, has always been my motto, and the new French lad in the kitchen at Quinn's certainly doesn't disappoint.

Roast chicken will again be on the menu as I personally feel that the whole point of French cuisine, the sole purpose of their 400-year ascent of gastronomy, was simply to arrive at a perfect roast chicken. It may indeed be the only point of the French.

A poulet jeune served at Quinn's is as good a coq as can be eaten in this country.

JimmyL
03-11-2010, 05:22 PM

Sounds good, thanks for info:thumbsup:

Holmesdale Hibs
03-11-2010, 09:31 PM

The Hootenanny will show it and the Manor Arms in Clapham might. It's worth making the trip to Quinns though, if you do I'll see you there

hibbie02
03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
What the Chinese do to ducks, the French do to chickens, has always been my motto, and the new French lad in the kitchen at Quinn's certainly doesn't disappoint.

Roast chicken will again be on the menu as I personally feel that the whole point of French cuisine, the sole purpose of their 400-year ascent of gastronomy, was simply to arrive at a perfect roast chicken. It may indeed be the only point of the French.

A poulet jeune served at Quinn's is as good a coq as can be eaten in this country.

What are you smoking Graham??? :greengrin

hibbie02
03-11-2010, 10:13 PM

Wish I could be there! Daddy duty trumps humping the Yams (hopefully)! :wink:

greenlex
03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I have a mental picture of someone slavering all over Quinns French Chefs Coq.:)

Calvin
04-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Not particularly relevant here but I usually find the Famous 3 Kings beside West Kensington station show the Hibs games.

lyonhibs
04-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Not particularly relevant here but I usually find the Famous 3 Kings beside West Kensington station show the Hibs games.

I wouldn't necessarily want to rock up there in my Hibs top though. Seeing as it's the base pub - AFAIK - of London Hearts :jamboak: :greengrin

wpj
04-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Wish I could be there! Daddy duty trumps humping the Yams (hopefully)! :wink:

Too bad, catch up next time hopefully

anon1
04-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Lucky buggers. Both being in Camden Town and watching the Edinburgh Derby.

Does it get much better!?

hibbie02
04-11-2010, 04:56 PM
You've not been to Quinns I take it then???

anon1
04-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Well, you can always go and celebrate your win at any of Camden's other venues!

04-11-2010, 05:08 PM

Not a venue that one should attend if one is seeking fine beer and/or edible eats. It's in no way what I would term a 'gastropub'. The bar is merely a corridor by the bogs.

Unfortunately, the food is cooked by people who won't have to eat it and made for the worst example of clientèle outside of Gorgie.

Calvin
04-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Not a venue that one should attend if one is seeking fine beer and/or edible eats. It's in no way what I would term a 'gastropub'. The bar is merely a corridor by the bogs.

Unfortunately, the food is cooked by people who won't have to eat it and made for the worst example of clientèle outside of Gorgie.

I see, it's always just been the easy option when I'm in that area of London but I'll bear that in mind for next time!

JIm
05-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Day out at Quinns is always an enjoyable experience! i've only been down once but the guys are top drawer! When i was their for the derby last year (early kick off) we ended up leaving about 9 or half nine as i was enjoying myself that much! come seven we (6/7 of us) were so well oiled that we stood in a we circle singing hibs songs haha!

cant wait for my next trip down! hopefully January for the Burns Supper.

Hail Hail :thumbsup:

wpj
07-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Very good turn out today but a major dissapointment :boo hoo:

Luckily the chef was on top of his game, cuisine a la Quinns just gets better, now to dine and win would make the experience unbeatable

08-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Very good turn out today but a major dissapointment :boo hoo:

Luckily the chef was on top of his game, cuisine a la Quinns just gets better, now to dine and win would make the experience unbeatable

Admittedly, it might not have been the most enjoyable match to watch, but François and Pascal really are a winning team in the kitchen.

I thought the food yesterday was spectacularly good, with the Aberdeen angus beef sirloin surpassing anything that they've served before (a little less fried sage next time, François).

I've lived in London for over 20 years, yet I still come across places I'd no idea existed. The kitchen at Quinn's is a real find and one of London's best kept secrets.