PDA

View Full Version : January window?

R'Albin
02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
This may be a tad early but who would you like to see join hibs in jan?

-For me we need a LB-I think this boy might be decent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Basey Grant Basey out of contract soon.

-Maybe we should wait til the end of the season and punt stack and smith and try sign the boy Cammy Bell from killie, looks a cracking wee keeper and is only 24 which is young for a keeper:agree:

-Adam rooney who i think is out of contract in the summer and looks a very good prospect.

-Leigh Griffiths although have a feeling we wont get him:no way:

Any other ideas?

hibsfan7
02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
yes i would go for him and maybe another stricker

down the slope
02-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Did Calderwood not say he was getting some in from England ?, i heard four or five new faces will be at ER come January.

R'Albin
02-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Did Calderwood not say he was getting some in from England ?, i heard four or five new faces will be at ER come January.

Maybe Basey then?? Out of them all i would most like to see Rooney anyway, people forget he's not much older than Griffiths and he scored more goals than him last season. Shame he's Ginger:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
02-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Maybe Basey then?? Out of them all i would most like to see Rooney anyway, people forget he's not much older than Griffiths and he scored more goals than him last season. Shame he's Ginger:greengrin

Shirley he would be a decent signing for us.

Bookkeeper
02-11-2010, 09:06 PM

Shirley he would be a decent signing for us.

Wouldn't Count on it

Dashing Bob S
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Wouldn't Count on it

At least he's a defender. It would be a positive sign if CC tried to shore up the basey the team.

Bookkeeper
02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
At least he's a defender. It would be a positive sign if CC tried to shore up the basey the team.

:greengrin

Houchy
03-11-2010, 08:01 AM
yes i would go for him and maybe another stricker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Stricker

This one?

Don't know his best position though:wink::greengrin

Oranje39
03-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Would be very happy to see Rooney come in and let fair number of players leave.

Golden Bear
03-11-2010, 09:01 AM
The shortage of available strikers is a real concern and imo it would be worth a gamble in re-signing Mickael Antoine-Curier right now.

Offer him a contract until the end of the season to see what he can do. He was by no means the worst player at ER when he first signed for us and was a bit unfortunate to be released. He certainly gave our defence a hard time when he was playing for Hamilton.

He's a tireless worker and has a wee bit pace about him.

We could do worse.

GloryGlory
03-11-2010, 09:05 AM
The shortage of available strikers is a real concern and imo it would be worth a gamble in re-signing Mickael Antoine-Curier right now.

Offer him a contract until the end of the season to see what he can do. He was by no means the worst player at ER when he first signed for us and was a bit unfortunate to be released. He certainly gave our defence a hard time when he was playing for Hamilton.

We could do worse.

Personally, I hope we could do better.

Speedway
03-11-2010, 01:06 PM

We could do worse.

If we signed a blind amputee with hayfever and asthma, we could not do worse.

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm surprised if the window will open seen as it always tends to slam shut.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm surprised if the window will open seen as it always tends to slam shut.

I agree, and with January being mostly a cold month, why would anyone leave a window open?

easty
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM

Offer him a contract until the end of the season to see what he can do. He was by no means the worst player at ER when he first signed for us and was a bit unfortunate to be released. He certainly gave our defence a hard time when he was playing for Hamilton.He's a tireless worker and has a wee bit pace about him.

We could do worse.

The two bits i've highlighted.....they don't exactly make him out to be a good player though do they??

CapitalHibs
03-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Nae mare "journey-men":grr:

:wink:

Golden Bear
03-11-2010, 02:34 PM
If we signed a blind amputee with hayfever and asthma, we could not do worse.

I strongly suspect we already have done worse. But no names mentioned of course!

:rolleyes:

Benny Brazil
03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I think that the guy Bale at Spurs seems to be an alright player - maybe CC still has some contacts there that could see Bale come to us in a swap with Rankin.

Golden Bear
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I think that the guy Bale at Spurs seems to be an alright player - maybe CC still has some contacts there that could see Bale come to us in a swap with Rankin.

We certainly need someone to bale us out right now.

:wink:

hibee92
03-11-2010, 02:59 PM

no hibs class :wink: