PDA

View Full Version : Saturday v Dundee

LincolnshireHib
02-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi, I am a new Hibs fan hailing from Skegness in Lincolnshire. As I'm living up here I thought I'd invest in a Hibs season ticket to while away the weekends and appreciate some football north of the border.

I went up to Dundee on Saturday and would like to say that I think it was a massive improvement on the season's showing so far. Hibs knocked around well in parts and had Stevenson and Riordan taken their glorious opportunities in the first half the score may have been different. I think they looked much more solid at the back. I wanted to make thjis point because there were a few boos from the Hibs fans at the end which I thought was a bit uncalled for considering the vast improvement in the space of a week v Aberdeen. As a Grimsby fan who have gone through 9 managers in 10 years and a 4 divsion slide patience is the key. Calderwood was at Northampton at the same time as GTFC and guided them to promotion. He then consolidated this reputation at Forest - I think he could a do a good job here if people can give him a few weeks to establish himself.

Cheers.

Looking forward to Sunday.

7Hero
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
nice one mate, good to have another hibbie join the family.

if we win the derby and it is your first one i am sure you will find this will cement your passion for the hibs, can't beat a derby win..

LincolnshireHib
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
nice one mate, good to have another hibbie join the family.

if we win the derby and it is your first one i am sure you will find this will cement your passion for the hibs, can't beat a derby win..

It's been ok so far. I like the away following - decent numbers. I've been to St Johnstone and Dundee, and then Ibrox next week - looking forward to that too. Had to choose Hibs for several reasons 1. I heard they are the traditional footballing side v Hearts (like GTFC compared to Lincoln, our county rivals) 2. My housemate from uni follow Hearts so had to spite his face and 3. JONAH! was sold to your lot for a pittance but he was quality.

Sweep
02-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the Hibernian family. :scarf:

bingo70
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
It's been ok so far. I like the away following - decent numbers. I've been to St Johnstone and Dundee, and then Ibrox next week - looking forward to that too. Had to choose Hibs for several reasons 1. I heard they are the traditional footballing side v Hearts (like GTFC compared to Lincoln, our county rivals) 2. My housemate from uni follow Hearts so had to spite his face and 3. JONAH! was sold to your lot for a pittance but he was quality.

Pleased to hear it, you've made the right choice, regardless of what happens on sunday.

Good to hear we were better on saturday, i'vee got absolute faith in CC turning it around, the best way to do that is by building from the back and making you hard to beat, something we've not been for a very long time and something he seems to have built his reputation on.

One small complaint though, it was Dundee Utd we were playing not Dundee :wink:

LincolnshireHib
02-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Pleased to hear it, you've made the right choice, regardless of what happens on sunday.

Good to hear we were better on saturday, i'vee got absolute faith in CC turning it around, the best way to do that is by building from the back and making you hard to beat, something we've not been for a very long time and something he seems to have built his reputation on.

Fair do's, although I thought people would distinguish that Dundee are in D1. I wouldn't say Hibs were the better team - it was an even game but in that first 30 minutes there were two glorious opportunities (Riordan's was not shown on sprotscene highlights for some perculiar reason) plus the penalty which could have easily changed the face of the result. It was promising and I just wanted to make the point about the unnnescessary booing (in my opinion)

bingo70
02-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Fair do's, although I thought people would distinguish that Dundee are in D1. I wouldn't say Hibs were the better team - it was an even game but in that first 30 minutes there were two glorious opportunities (Riordan's was not shown on sprotscene highlights for some perculiar reason) plus the penalty which could have easily changed the face of the result. It was promising and I just wanted to make the point about the unnnescessary booing (in my opinion)

Sorry, i didn't mean we were better than them, i meant getting better as a team :thumbsup:

I think you give folk on here too much credit but you'll get used to that :wink:

I think the booing is natural considering the league position, i also don't think there's a great relationship between the players and the fans just now and there hasn't been since the players spat the dummy out when Collins was in charge so i'd be surprised if any of the booing was directed at CC, more likely to be directed at the players.

Speedy
02-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Are you my old flat mate on the wind up? He's English as well and always used to call them Dundee. It's like when European based players call Man Utd "Manchester" :grr:

Sorry for the rant but it does my nut in. Welcome to the board...and welcome to the misery that is being a Hibby :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Welcome to hibs.net and to the joys of following Hibernian.

One of the, er, joys, is the booing, I'm afraid.

lapsedhibee
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi, I am a new Hibs fan hailing from Skegness in Lincolnshire. As I'm living up here I thought I'd invest in a Hibs season ticket to while away the weekends and appreciate some football north of the border.

I went up to Dundee on Saturday and would like to say that I think it was a massive improvement on the season's showing so far. Hibs knocked around well in parts and had Stevenson and Riordan taken their glorious opportunities in the first half the score may have been different. I think they looked much more solid at the back. I wanted to make thjis point because there were a few boos from the Hibs fans at the end which I thought was a bit uncalled for considering the vast improvement in the space of a week v Aberdeen. As a Grimsby fan who have gone through 9 managers in 10 years and a 4 divsion slide patience is the key. Calderwood was at Northampton at the same time as GTFC and guided them to promotion. He then consolidated this reputation at Forest - I think he could a do a good job here if people can give him a few weeks to establish himself.

Cheers.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Complete breath of fresh air someone coming on the board like this and writing all positive about Hibs and their prospects and that. I find it so bracing.

Arch Stanton
02-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Are you my old flat mate on the wind up? He's English as well and always used to call them Dundee. It's like when European based players call Man Utd "Manchester" :grr:

Sorry for the rant but it does my nut in. Welcome to the board...and welcome to the misery that is being a Hibby :thumbsup:

He actually didn't call them Dundee - he said that he went to Dundee to watch the game. And in all fairness you do actually have to go to Dundee to watch Dundee United :greengrin

frazeHFC
02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Complete breath of fresh air someone coming on the board like this and writing all positive about Hibs and their prospects and that. I find it so bracing.

Exactly my feelings.

Good post LincolnshireHib and raised my spirits for Sunday a bit, you'll really get to know Scottish football then :wink:

Gatecrasher
02-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Welcome aboard, Following Hibs has its ups and downs but I wouldn't Chose anything else to spend my Saturday/Sunday ...or whenever sky/espn decide :wink::greengrin

Dashing Bob S
02-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Welcome to Hibs, but don't listen to all this highs and lows nonsense. Following Hibs is one big massive high, and i've loved every second of it. Never been down at all, even walked chuckling out of Hampden after the Zibi semi against the Yams.

WellingtonHibby
03-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I grew up in Grimsby watching the Mighty Mariners. If you can follow Town, then watching Hibs should be a breeze!

We. Piss. On Your. fish. Yesss wee doooo! :greengrin

Speedy
03-11-2010, 04:50 PM
He actually didn't call them Dundee - he said that he went to Dundee to watch the game. And in all fairness you do actually have to go to Dundee to watch Dundee United :greengrin

Thread title :wink:

monktonharp
03-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I grew up in Grimsby watching the Mighty Mariners. If you can follow Town, then watching Hibs should be a breeze!

We. Piss. On Your. fish. Yesss wee doooo! :greengrinlike that wee ditty:greengrin we spit on midlothian................yes we doooooooooo:wink:

Speedy
21-11-2010, 09:14 PM

Now sky sports news are at it