PDA

View Full Version : Full Audit required

Jack
02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
In Wales. :devil:

All clubs wishing to gain the licence will also have to undergo a full audit by independent auditors to meet the financial criteria. The full audit means that the FAW has a true, up-to-date and independently assessed state of a club's accounts. This change followed a recommendation from the accountants on the decision making body and allows the FAW to gain an opinion from an auditor as to whether the club can continue as a going concern for the season to be licensed.

"The finances of football clubs is a hot topic throughout Europe and this improved level of assessment means that the FAW can have reassurances about the finances of clubs, during increasingly difficult times" concluded the FAW.

Do the SFA/SPL/SFL have to reapply for their licence to participate each year? Without going into the detail, which I’ve not seen, do the Scotch Fitba Authorities have the same financial requirements (ish)?

millarco
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
In Wales. :devil:

Do the SFA/SPL/SFL have to reapply for their licence to participate each year? Without going into the detail, which I’ve not seen, do the Scotch Fitba Authorities have the same financial requirements (ish)?

Don't think there is an equivalent in Scotland, and it will be interesting to see how it works out. If an auditor doesn't sign off on the accounts (as has happened at Hearts IIRC) then will the FAW refuse to let them into the league for the following season? Where are you getting the info from btw?

CB_NO3
02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I think its only a matter of time before this is applied to all football clubs in Europe, its got to be a good thing and it will make the game more fair.

Part/Time Supporter
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Don't think there is an equivalent in Scotland, and it will be interesting to see how it works out. If an auditor doesn't sign off on the accounts (as has happened at Hearts IIRC) then will the FAW refuse to let them into the league for the following season? Where are you getting the info from btw?

Hearts' audit has been signed off every year under Romanov, but usually with the qualification that they are dependent on UBIG and Ukio Bankas and that the auditor doesn't know enough about their condition to give a full opinion.

Jack
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM

I have Google alerts in place for certain subjects.

One alert threw up this subject on the same page ...

A forum for the Welsh Premier and its feeder leagues (http://www.welsh-premier.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=18557)

millarco
02-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I have Google alerts in place for certain subjects.

One alert threw up this subject on the same page ...

A forum for the Welsh Premier and its feeder leagues (http://www.welsh-premier.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=18557)

Cheers. Was taking a hibs.net break from dissertation work but this could actually be quite relevant to what I'm doing.