PDA

View Full Version : Power Snooker

MrHibs1982
02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Anybody heard about this.

New format for some tournaments i guess, watching it just now - 9 reds like a diamond, 30 minute match shot clock, power play with potting special red means double points for 2 minutes and if you leave the white in the baulk end/"power zone" then opposing player can pot anything as a red.

Currently watching Din Jun Wei v Kimmy White, looking good so far, crowd loving it...i actually think it might be in Scotland although i could be wrong.

MrHibs1982
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
That was pretty decent, ding won about 311-268.

I do like snooker and for it to be as popular as it was back in the day, the game probably need changed to make it faster and more exciting.

Be interested to see if anyone else seen this?!

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Watched Rocket Ronnie win the first power play world championship at the weekend..........not a big fan myself, thought the crowd noise was ****in annoyin however it might grow on me.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't normally watch ITV4, but I was away at the weekend and only had Freeview channels so I stumbled onto the channel just as the snooker was about 10 minutes from finishing.

I quite like snooker (wouldn't say I'm a huge fan) but I don't know if this format will be for me. I caught Ronnie O'Sullivan's victory speech at the end and he seemed to be really enthusiastic about it all so perhaps it might take off.

I quite enjoy the safety aspect to snooker and watching players attempting to get out of snookers that their opponent has put them in. That side of the game is lost with this new format.

It was quite strange to see such crowd participation in a snooker match and from what I saw, it didn't seem to affect the players in any way. In fact, O'Sullivan seemed to thrive on it.

H18sry
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Anybody heard about this.

New format for some tournaments i guess, watching it just now - 9 reds like a diamond, 30 minute match shot clock, power play with potting special red means double points for 2 minutes and if you leave the white in the baulk end/"power zone" then opposing player can pot anything as a red.

Currently watching Din Jun Wei v Kimmy White, looking good so far, crowd loving it...i actually think it might be in Scotland although i could be wrong.

Cool mixed sex snooker :faf:

Sir David Gray
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM

I've just had a really disturbing image pop into my head of a female version of Jimmy White. :shocked:

H18sry
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM

I've just had a really disturbing image pop into my head of a female version of Jimmy White. :shocked:

Aye if the pink's snookered by the red, pot the brown instead :faf: