PDA

View Full Version : Translators required for leaflets etc.

Hibs12thMan
02-11-2010, 12:07 PM
The Hibs 12th Man would like to make contact with parts of the Leith / Edinburgh community where English is not the first language. Out of courtesy we would like to do this in the first language of those potential supporters.

Can you help?

If you can please PM the Hibs 12th Man letting us know which language(s) you would be willing to be our expert on.

We are all volunteers at the Hibs 12th Man and no money changes hands for the time we give up to do this. That means you wont be getting paid either! It might be a lot to start with but would reduce pretty quickly afterwards.

It might even be an ideal project for community based groups to take on.

English, Scots, Leith and txt spk are just about already covered. :agree:

[You don’t have to live in Leith / Edinburgh although it may help.]

dankie; faleminderit; merci; chokrane; saha; Barak Allahu fiik; chnorakaloutioun; çox sag olun ; a ni kié; eskerrik asko ; milesker); Дзякую; dhanyabaad; tangio tumas; a ni kié; hvala; trugéré; blagodaria; kyay tzu tin pa te; gràcies; salamat; Баркал; wado; zikomo; xièxie; grazie; hvala; díky; tak; tashakor; gha-ana; na som; dank u wel; dank je wel; dankon; tänan; akpé; akiba; takk fyri; vinaka; kiitos; merci; dankewol; gracie; graciñas; merkzi; დიდი მადლობა; danke; ευχαριστώ; aguyjé; aabhar; mèsi; mahalo; toda; dhanyavad; köszönöm; takk; terima kasih; taiku; go raibh maith agat; grazie; arigatô; tanemirt; dhanyavadagalu; akun; matondo; murakoze; murakoze; kam sah hamnida; sobodi; tenki; spas; khob chai; gratias agimus; paldies; grassie; matondi; ačiū; dank ju wel; merci; blagodaram; misaotra; terima kasih; nanni; nirringrazzjak; dhanyavaad; welalin; Баярлалаа; takk; mercé; miigwetch; бузныг; danki; mauruuru; manana; mochchakkeram; dziękuję; obrigado; sukriya; sulpáy; najis tuke; mulţumesc; спасибо; faafetai lava; gratzias; tapadh leibh; хвала; ke ya leboha; marahaba; waita; meharbani; stuutiyi; dakujem; hvala; hvala; waad mahadsantahay; gracias; asante; tack; salamat; mauruuru; rahmat; tanmirt; nandri; rahmat; dhanyavadalu; ขอบคุณครับ; yekeniele; m-sapo; kurre sumanga; sagolun; tau; дякую; shukriya; rahmat; rahmat; cám ơn; gråces; diolch; mèsi; djiere dieuf; enkosi; kettu'i; a dank; o sheun; siyabonga :thumbsup:

DaveF
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
This website did a wee initative a couple of years back and dropped in leaflets to shops and pubs to try and encourage the large polish community in and around Leith to attend ER.

Given we now see a polish flag at ER on a regular basis, I'd like to think we were successful in some part but who knows if that was down to us.

If I still have the translated text, I'll forward it onto you.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
A realy good idea this.

I got speaking to a couple of Polish guys at Ibrox last season who said they had started watching Hibs pretty much by accident but had quickly become hooked. There is a large Polish community in and around Leith so if Hibs or the fans can encourage a few more to attend ER on a regular basis it can only be a good thing. The same goes for any other communities.

Unfortunately i'm no use with the translating unless you are looking to attract fans whos first language is Catalans (i think they might already have a not bad team to support though).

Diclonius
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm quarter Polish but have no idea how to speak the language. I'll get back to you on that one. :greengrin

Owain_1987
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I know there are a lot of Asian people in Leith if you would like it in Chinese could arrange that although not sure if the Chinese community of Edinburgh/Leith would want to attend football games.

Gatecrasher
02-11-2010, 02:40 PM
i can barely speak english but a good idea all the same :thumbsup:

Jay
02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
If you dont get anyone else I have polish friends that I could ask to do it.

WellingtonHibby
02-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I know there are a lot of Asian people in Leith if you would like it in Chinese could arrange that although not sure if the Chinese community of Edinburgh/Leith would want to attend football games.

Why not, likes?
:devil:

lyonhibs
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I can do French easily enough, but I doubt that's your target audience given the make-up - from a nationality point of view - of Leith :greengrin

WellingtonHibby
02-11-2010, 03:00 PM
I can do French easily enough, but I doubt that's your target audience given the make-up - from a nationality point of view - of Leith :greengrin

"....I dont speak French, i just let music do the talkin'..."

LincolnshireHib
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd be happy to do some French translating too - if there's a call for it!

Thigh ar la
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I can arrange a Spanish translation if you PM me. No probs..

Viva_Palmeiras
02-11-2010, 05:47 PM
If Brazilian Portuguese is something your looking for gimme a shout.

The word missing from your list there is "obrigado"

majorhibs
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
If Brazilian Portuguese is something your looking for gimme a shout.

The word missing from your list there is "obrigado"

Obrigado Amigo. Nice to be nice & all that...

Stantons Angel
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
This is an idea that may interest the Hibernian Community Trust based at the Community Learning Centre in the South Stand at Easter Road.

They may be able to assist you in getting the project off the ground or be able to point you in the direction of a community group.

Hope you find this helpful.

Good luck.