PDA

View Full Version : David Duff, remember him....

Hibs07p
02-11-2010, 07:44 AM
A little story from today's Scotsman.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Charity-hired-fraudster-as-adviser.6608699.jp

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Well well well, some thing's never change eh?, a ****ing crook end of..

Hibs07p
02-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Well well well, some thing's never change eh?, a ****ing crook end of..

To be fair, it doesn't actually say he has committed any offence, but why anyone would take advise from him is quite unbelievable.

StevieC
02-11-2010, 08:26 AM
To be fair, it doesn't actually say he has committed any offence, but why anyone would give him that position to start with is quite unbelievable.

He probably has a lot of business experience that would be beneficial to a charity the size of that one (ie 40 people employed).

It doesn't say that he made any financial gain from his advisory position and I'd be asking more questions about the committee/trustees.

These are difficult times for everyone and I suspect that grants and funding that were available 5 years ago have long since disappeared, leaving huge gaps in a lot of charitable organisations.

Hopefully their assets will go some way to cover their debts and the damage is not too severe. Always sad to see people being made redundant though.

banarc7062
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
To be fair, it doesn't actually say he has committed any offence, but why anyone would take advise from him is quite unbelievable.

Maybe that's where Rod saw the upper hairy lip and thought I could be like him :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I can remember speaking to him on the old terracing. Sure it was a home game against Hamilton. All the big plans for the club. Terrible time.

Dashing Bob S
02-11-2010, 04:52 PM
That smug bloater with his grandiose schemes was our Mercer - the enemy within who almost delivered us into his hands.

TornadoHibby
02-11-2010, 05:29 PM

You'll doubtless find that the Insolvency Practitioner to the EU University Settlement organisation will conduct an investigation of officers/directors and "shadow" officers/directors of the insolvent organisation in terms of their conduct and dealings in the lead up to his appointment! :agree:

Who knows what might pop out of the woodwork there or not as the case may be? :cool2:

Malthibby
02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
EUS was an excellent organisation which ran numerous groups & projects over many years, but it certainly looks like business acumen was less than abundant.
As noted above, it still staggers that people would be mad enough to take advice from a convicted fraudster. Meybes he repented & gave his services for nowt:rolleyes: