PDA

View Full Version : Notes From The 2010 Shareholder's Review

fatbloke
01-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Canny find my letter re tonight's Business Meeting can anyone tell me when it kick's off?

PaulSmith
01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Canny find my letter re tonight's Business Meeting can anyone tell me when it kick's off?

7pm but open from 6.30 for tea /coffee

fatbloke
01-11-2010, 04:33 PM
7pm but open from 6.30 for tea /coffee

Thank you for that.

Mikey
01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Thank you for that.

He's lovely, isn't he :greengrin

fatbloke
01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
He's lovely, isn't he :greengrin

Just what I would expect from a fellow Hibby:greengrin

Gatecrasher
01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
any word on this yet? or is it still a bit early

Mikey
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
The annual review, carried over from the last AGM, took place tonight.

Notes to follow............

...WentToMowAnSPL
01-11-2010, 08:18 PM
The annual review, carried over from the last AGM, took place tonight.

Notes to follow............

A likely story .. did Mr Clarke take the minutes :cool2:

Removed
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM

Wee clapping hands smiley and that 10/10 thing

IWasThere2016
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM

:tsk tsk:

Mikey
01-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Rod Petrie opened proceedings and quickly handed over to Scott Lindsay. Scott's points were as follows......

The performance on the pitch is the top priority.

Turnover is down for the following reasons......

...Reduced season ticket prices.
...Reduced attendance figures as a result of the new stand being built and the East being unavailable from February
...Reduced income from TV rights

Hibs are the only SPL club to have increased staff costs each year for the last 5 years.

The wages to turnover ratio of 68% will be reduced through a growth in revenues, not a reduction in staff costs.

Salaries were frozen for non playing staff for the second year running.

There has been a 20% drop in operating costs in the last 2 years.

There are over 9000 season ticket holders. Of that, over 3000 used the season ticket payment plan. 3/4 of season ticket holders benefited from one of the discount schemes available. The average price paid by a season ticket holder to attend a match at ER is £12.

The ground now has 16000+ seats available to Hibs fans in the home sections. The club's aim is to attract more supporters over the next few years. They're targeting new supporters and those who used to come to the games but have stopped doing so. New initiatives to achieve this are under way.

The opportunity to build the East stand couldn't be passed up. Previous estimates of £1200 per seat to build it had dropped to only £500 per seat when the decision was made to go ahead with it. The stand was built within budget and ahead of schedule.

The football ground and the training centre have a combined value of around £25m. John Boag has been employed to look after the day to day running of both assets.

Long term funding of the East stand has been acquired from Bank of Scotland. This is to be repaid by 2025 and the club can make early repayments without penalty. There is still no need for the club to have an overdraft.

The academy now has more scouts working locally. The existing network that operated outwith the local area is still intact. "The pipeline is still flowing".

The lack of an SPL reserve league is causing problems in bringing through the younger players so the club has sent young players out on loan. With the exception of Kevin McCann, these players train at East Mains 4 days a week so the manager can see how they're developing.

The club has launched a fundraiser for Youth Development called "The Hibernians". The training centre costs around £500k a year to run and the club needs all the funding it can get to offset this figure.

Mikey
01-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Wee clapping hands smiley and that 10/10 thing

Aye, very good chaps. I'll post up the rest of tonight's notes when I can be bothered and leave you all in peace after that.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
It went very well.
The more pertinent punter questions related to a current lack of fight and a fear that the requisite fight might not be found if we were to stay involved in the relegation places.

Calderwood spoke very well, clear and concise. Does not seem like a man to be messed with and seems to be equal parts approachable and sternly single-minded.
I had a lot of time for Yogi and his approach and deeply wanted it to work - we have a different kettle of fish now and I aam looking forward to watching it develop.

Example:
Frank Dougan (I know, I know) questioned whether EM would be opened up to fans for 'bounce' games in the absence of Reserve games.
Calderwood, obviously not keen, suggested that U-19s games were free for people to attend but at the bounce games he is (quote) 'at his work. And I don't come to your work and walk all about your desk'.
Said with a smile but with a bit of intent.
He also responded to one question relating to what he wanted out of the current side by suggesting that we needed a bit of 'nastiness'.

Two moments where I thought - he will do for me.

Scott Lindsay waxed lyrically. He loosely referred to the current empty spaces as a bit of work in progress which the key figures concerned are referring to as 'Find the 5000'. Definite biblical soundbyte opportunity with that one so watch this space.

A lot of space was offered to the Hibernian Community initiative. They are spreading the net far and wide with this and if I picked SL up correctly he said that we've given away something like 2500 comp tickets out to various well-deserving organisations this season so far (including HM Forces, which was on the list on the presentation, but not singled out - so no moral high ground, no triumphalism, no oneupmanship, just a good wee turn. And not the only one they do).

And Rod has questions to ask of the SFA as to why Pittodrie got the Faroes game and not ER and I think he means it. He is confident that our facility will get these games in the future 'as the only all-covered UEFA compliant stadium in the country outside of Glasgow'.

RP is also canvassing other clubs to re-energise the Reserve League. He confirmed a few U-turns already out of the 8 SPL clubs who voted to abolish it. I have no doubt that the likes of Booth, Byrne and Moyes would be playing in a green jersey right now (rather than just training in one, as it was confirmed that all of our players out on loan train with the club at EM on at least 4 days in the week) if we still had Reserve or U-21 leagues to compete in.

Sure there wil be lots of others on here soon so that's enough from me the now. If I hang around here for too long some bam will come along to suggest that I'm a hertzcant....

Gatecrasher
01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
It went very well.
The more pertinent punter questions related to a current lack of fight and a fear that the requisite fight might not be found if we were to stay involved in the relegation places.

Calderwood spoke very well, clear and concise. Does not seem like a man to be messed with and seems to be equal parts approachable and sternly single-minded.
I had a lot of time for Yogi and his approach and deeply wanted it to work - we have a different kettle of fish now and I aam looking forward to watching it develop.

Example:
Frank Dougan (I know, I know) questioned whether EM would be opened up to fans for 'bounce' games in the absence of Reserve games.
Calderwood, obviously not keen, suggested that U-19s games were free for people to attend but at the bounce games he is (quote) 'at his work. And I don't come to your work and walk all about your desk'.
He also responded to one question relating to what he wanted out of the current side by suggesting that we needed a bit of 'nastiness'.

Scott Lindsay waxed lyrically. He loosely referred to the current empty spaces as a bit of work in progress which the key figures concerned are referring to as 'Find the 5000'. Definite biblical soundbyte opportunity with that one so watch this space.

A lot of space was offered to the Hibernian Community initiative. They are spreading the net far and wide with this and if I picked SL up correctly he said that we've given away something like 2500 comp tickets out to various well-deserving organisations this season so far (including HM Forces, which was on the list on the presentation, but not singled out - so no moral high ground, no triumphalism, no oneupmanship, just a good wee turn. And not the only one they do).

And Rod has questions to ask of the SFA as to why Pittodrie got the Faroes game and not ER and I think he means it. He is confident that our facility will get these games in the future 'as the only all-covered UEFA compliant stadium in the country outside of Glasgow'.

RP is also canvassing other clubs to re-energise the Reserve League. He confirmed a few U-turns already out of the 8 SPL clubs who voted to abolish it. I have no doubt that the likes of Booth, Byrne and Moyes would be playing in a green jersey right now (rather than just training in one, as it was confirmed that all of our players out on loan train with the club at EM on at least 4 days in the week) if we still had Reserve or U-21 leagues to compete in.

Sure there wil be lots of others on here soon so that's enough from me the now. If I hang around here for too long some bam will come along to suggest that I'm a hertzcant....

WindyMiller
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks Mikey.

:agree:

Iggy Pope
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Can you merge this thread with the one below (Meeting Tonight at ER'....? Save me putting my oar in twice.
Ta
HH

BroxburnHibee
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM

You lot must tell me what it feels like to be perfect :wink:

Thanks for the info Mike :aok:

essexhibee
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
So does this mean the likes of byrne are training with the squad then? Hopefully calderwood has seen the talent and will introduce them more into the team.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
So does this mean the likes of byrne are training with the squad then? Hopefully calderwood has seen the talent and will introduce them more into the team.

They are still training with the team.But Hibs are tied to the loan deals agreed and can't get them back early.

IWasThere2016
01-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I did tell you that the East was debt-funded :wink:

Long-term too .. This should have been the way for others assets - but at last the Board are listening to me :greengrin

Derek Dougan
01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
It went very well.

Example:

Thanks for that Stevie :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Rod Petrie opened proceedings and quickly handed over to Scott Lindsay. Scott's points were as follows......

The performance on the pitch is the top priority.

Turnover is down for the following reasons......

...Reduced season ticket prices.
...Reduced attendance figures as a result of the new stand being built and the East being unavailable from February
...Reduced income from TV rights

Hibs are the only SPL club to have increased staff costs each year for the last 5 years.

The wages to turnover ratio of 68% will be reduced through a growth in revenues, not a reduction in staff costs.

Salaries were frozen for non playing staff for the second year running.

There has been a 20% drop in operating costs in the last 2 years.

There are over 9000 season ticket holders. Of that, over 3000 used the season ticket payment plan. 3/4 of season ticket holders benefited from one of the discount schemes available. The average price paid by a season ticket holder to attend a match at ER is £12.

The ground now has 16000+ seats available to Hibs fans in the home sections. The club's aim is to attract more supporters over the next few years. They're targeting new supporters and those who used to come to the games but have stopped doing so. New initiatives to achieve this are under way.

The opportunity to build the East stand couldn't be passed up. Previous estimates of £1200 per seat to build it had dropped to only £500 per seat when the decision was made to go ahead with it. The stand was built within budget and ahead of schedule.

The football ground and the training centre have a combined value of around £25m. John Boag has been employed to look after the day to day running of both assets.

Long term funding of the East stand has been acquired from Bank of Scotland. This is to be repaid by 2025 and the club can make early repayments without penalty. There is still no need for the club to have an overdraft.

The academy now has more scouts working locally. The existing network that operated outwith the local area is still intact. "The pipeline is still flowing".

The lack of an SPL reserve league is causing problems in bringing through the younger players so the club has sent young players out on loan. With the exception of Kevin McCann, these players train at East Mains 4 days a week so the manager can see how they're developing.

The club has launched a fundraiser for Youth Development called "The Hibernians". The training centre costs around £500k a year to run and the club needs all the funding it can get to offset this figure.

Thanks

Iggy Pope
01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks for that Stevie :thumbsup:

PM Me and spill yer ID
:wink:

Iggy Pope
01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
PM Me and spill yer ID

Doh! Cancel that I've worked it out!

At The Edge
01-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Cheers for taking the time to post up the notes.
:thumbsup:

Andy74
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
£12 average cash per head per game. That's a lot of discounts!

We really need to up that income.

WindyMiller
01-11-2010, 09:19 PM

I'm just back from my local where both the barmen are students with £12 tickets for the Derby.
As someone who started work at 16 that p155es me off.

I fully admit to asking for a "lift Mister" for as long as my height allowed me!

essexhibee
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Big thanks to all those who have posted the notes up for those that can't make it.

Top posters.

bingo70
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM

Funny how a lot of the usual suspects that are always comparing ticket prices to germany, spain, england etc tend to disappear or go quiet when facts like these come out.

Aubenas
01-11-2010, 09:36 PM
As other posters have said, CC impressive. No bs, no wild claims, just a focus on the need for a stronger mentality and a leader on the park. He opened by saying: I'm not just in charge of this club, I'm taking care of it for you, the supporters. I liked that!

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Thought CC came across well, and knows what has to be done. Need the team to be harder in all areas, better defensively, and for certain players to become warriors.....

I was impressed with him, and he spoke clealy and concisely. He asked the fans to back them in games against St Mirren, Motherwell, Hamilton etc, and the players would hopefully respond....(basically we can all do our part)

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Thought CC came across well, and knows what has to be done. Need the team to be harder in all areas, better defensively, and for certain players to become warriors.....

I was impressed with him, and he spoke clealy and concisely. He asked the fans to back them in games against St Mirren, Motherwell, Hamilton etc, and the players would hopefully respond....(basically we can all do our part)

I have been giving 100%, he must be meaning others?

shamo9
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm just back from my local where both the barmen are students with £12 tickets for the Derby.

I fully admit to asking for a "lift Mister" for as long as my height allowed me!

Being a full time student = no full time job

I only have £50 a week to live off. If Hibs didn't offer concession then they'd be getting £0 instead of £14 from me this week. It would be incredibly shortsighted to have no concessions for students, shortsighted and damning financially in the long run. You'd be alienating a large section of the support who will be paying full price soon enough anyway.

Pete70
01-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Long-term too .. This should have been the way for others assets - but at last the Board are listening to me :greengrin

My take on what Scott Lindsay said tonight about the East stand funding was that the club had arranged for a loan (SL didn't say how much) with BoS when the cost of construction was as high as £1200 per seat. The club negotiated a price of £500 per seat. The stand was thenn built and paid for with funds which the club already had ring-fenced for that purpose. The loan from BoS is still available to the club should it be needed and doesn't need to be repaid until 2025. There is no penalty clause for early repayment. The East wasn't built using any loan as far as I understand

IWasThere2016
01-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Pete - that would mean Hibs paying the bank to have an undrawn facility .. I do not believe that is not the case.

Pete70
01-11-2010, 10:45 PM
SL made no mention of any cost related to the arranged loan.

He did mention thought that the club do not operate with an overdraft.

WindyMiller
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM

I only have £50 a week to live off. If Hibs didn't offer concession then they'd be getting £0 instead of £14 from me this week. It would be incredibly shortsighted to have no concessions for students, shortsighted and damning financially in the long run. You'd be alienating a large section of the support who will be paying full price soon enough anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't an 18 y.o. apprentice, earning barely more than dole money, have to pay full price?

oldbutdim
01-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Pete - that would mean Hibs paying the bank to have an undrawn facility .. I do not believe that is not the case.

What?
:confused:

Anyway, the negotiated facility was not needed at the outset as free cash reserves were used. A portion of the loan has since been drawn down.
There is no penalty for early repayment if the Board decide to do so.

The Harp
01-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Well done to the posters for the info - very professionally done guys (ie. nae bad grammar or spelling mistakes:wink:)
I had intended going along tonight but forgot all about it. As they say, auld age disnae come itself! Hope it was well attended.

Calvin
01-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't an 18 y.o. apprentice, earning barely more than dole money, have to pay full price?

Apprentices do their qualifications jointly with a college so have a student card from them.

shamo9
01-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Apprentices do their qualifications jointly with a college so have a student card from them.

I've got a friend studying at Telford College with that type of gig. He gets paid about £150 a week; two weeks at college and two weeks working. Gets all the student benefits as well as still living with his parents so all the surplus sits and builds in his account.

By the end of his apprenticeship he'll be looking at about £14000 in his RBS account while I'll be saddled with roughly £16000 worth of debt:boo hoo:

WindyMiller
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM

Good!:thumbsup:

Changed days.

CentreLine
02-11-2010, 07:13 AM
As other posters have said, CC impressive. No bs, no wild claims, just a focus on the need for a stronger mentality and a leader on the park. He opened by saying: I'm not just in charge of this club, I'm taking care of it for you, the supporters. I liked that!

Completely agree, CC gave a very calm and controlled account of himself but also came across as very strong and not to be messed with. He likes what he sees at Hibernian and started by saying that he came to the club with a clear understanding of the finances and club policy. He will be prepared to stand his ground on signings and commented that players would not be allowed to disrespect the club or the jersey. He fielded the inevitable question about "selling our best talent" by quite clearly stating that football clubs are a business and that we should be proud of that fact that our club is producing players of that quality but that there comes a time when they will inevitably on. On the question of bringing back loan players it was clear that we are governed by the "transfer window" and that nobody can come back outside of that. However all of the loan players are training regularly at EM. Everyone seemed confident that the flow of talent from EM is continuing.

Hibbyradge
02-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I have been giving 100%, he must be meaning others?

I'd stopped tracking back lately, but I'll work on that from here on in. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2010, 08:12 AM
I'd stopped tracking back lately, but I'll work on that from here on in. :agree:

Never mind Dave, its just be a dip in form, class is permanent. :wink:

hibs0666
02-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Well done to the posters for the info - very professionally done guys (ie. nae bad grammar or spelling mistakes:wink:)
I had intended going along tonight but forgot all about it. As they say, auld age disnae come itself! Hope it was well attended.

That Alzheimers joke you sent me last week was a belter.

500miles
02-11-2010, 10:41 AM

Not necassarily. My apprenticeship meant that I spent enough time at Stevenson College to qualify for a "full time" student card in my first year. Therefore, had i needed to at the time, I could have got a concession, and I did for away games.

Dependant on the apprenticeship, if you have to spend the minumum required number of hours per session at College, you qualify as a full time student as well. This only applies to first years (in my experience, electrical), as they spend about 14 weeks at college, which means they meet that minimum. Second year we were only part time students, as we attended for only 11 weeks of the year - but by that time, i was getting about £180 a week IIRC.

Keith_M
02-11-2010, 11:04 AM

OK, you're wrong! :wink:

--------------------

EDIT: I just noticed that this is post number 3333 for me. I'm going to take that as a sign. It'll be 3-3 on Saturday, we'll win the following 3 derbies and we'll finish in 3rd place.
:greengrin

p.s. It's MY sign, I can read it however I want! :wink:

BSEJVT
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Yes Garry a few of us were stating for a long time that ring fenced meant lending facility in place not cash available in hand.

Its about time the penny dropped that Hibs are nowhere near debt free and trading at a substantial loss most years.

The much desired and unfortunately now much needed splurge in the trasnfer market will not IMO materialise without long term debt going above £10m again.

Its about time the baord stopped being so self congratulatory and got on with the job of running the club as a football team not a infrastructure project.

IWasThere2016
02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
What?
:confused:

Anyway, the negotiated facility was not needed at the outset as free cash reserves were used. A portion of the loan has since been drawn down.
There is no penalty for early repayment if the Board decide to do so.

If Hibs had reserved funds with the bank - and didnt use them there would still be a cost. Common banking practice.

Yes Garry a few of us were stating for a long time that ring fenced meant lending facility in place not cash available in hand.

Its about time the penny dropped that Hibs are nowhere near debt free and trading at a substantial loss most years.

The much desired and unfortunately now much needed splurge in the trasnfer market will not IMO materialise without long term debt going above £10m again.

Its about time the baord stopped being so self congratulatory and got on with the job of running the club as a football team not a infrastructure project.

:top marks

Speedway
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Sorry I'm late with my report guys but from my brief notes:

The night opened with vol-au-vonts being offered round as the lights dimmed and Rod and Scott appeared on stage where they performed 'With You On My Arm' from La Cage Aux Folles.

Once the back up dancers (including a very nimble Michael Renwick) had left the stage, the meeting proper, got underway. As Rod approached the microphone, Frank stood up and shouted 'It's a ******* disgrace!!' Rod leaned into the microphone and said 'What is?'. As all the other delegates looked at Frank in abject silence, he sheepishly sat back in his seat and uttered nothing further.

Rod then introduced CC who came in with Bamba in a headlock. I couldn't quite make it out but Colin was heard to say something like 'You think things look dark for your career prospects now...******* question my methods again ya **** and I'll shove your head up yer **** and dark will take on a whole new meaning...in the spirit of love, teamwork and giving everyone a chance of course'

Sol was then dismissed without further discussion.

Rod then invited questions from the floor. CC pointed out that the floor was inanimate and couldn't ask questions, that RP was a mong who'd done a great job for the club and that his budget was perfect and that he'd take questions from no-one but himself.

Rod smiled an approving smile and then winked at a barmaid who immediately fell pregnant.

Some hardy souls however did attempt to talk with our new manager. During one such exchange...

Shareholder: Ummm errrrr Mr. Calderwood Sir? Can I just ask if you don't mind and it's not too much troubl....

CC: Hang on *picks up his mobile and dials a number* Hi Sol?

Sol: Yes Boss?

CC: **** off!!

*the call ends*

CC: Now what was your question?

Shareholder: Errrr it doesn't matter.

CC: Good, it was probably a ******ed ill thought out remark anyway by a supporter who to be fair is the lifeblood of this club if I may say. I'm just taking care of it for you.

SL: *at the shareholder* Yeah, ******* Boooooooooo ya *****

CC: *Nods in agreement then smiles a humble smile*

After this all that was left was for Rod, whose hair was ruffled and he looked a little flushed, to strip to the waist, grease up and compete in a UFC cage match against Meeeester Romanov. Vlad unfortunately was a no-show as Yams are now very much used to.

Interestingly, all female bar staff were nowhere to be seen in the latter part of the meeting, just before Rod re-appeared for his cage match.

All in all a good night but I'm sure other posters will be able to add to my details.

Peevemor
02-11-2010, 01:22 PM

The night opened with vol-au-vonts being offered round as the lights dimmed and Rod and Scott appeared on stage where they performed 'With You On My Arm' from La Cage Aux Folles.

Once the back up dancers (including a very nimble Michael Renwick) had left the stage, the meeting proper, got underway. As Rod approached the microphone, Frank stood up and shouted 'It's a ******* disgrace!!' Rod leaned into the microphone and said 'What is?'. As all the other delegates looked at Frank in abject silence, he sheepishly sat back in his seat and uttered nothing further.

Rod then introduced CC who came in with Bamba in a headlock. I couldn't quite make it out but Colin was heard to say something like 'You think things look dark for your career prospects now...******* question my methods again ya **** and I'll shove your head up yer **** and dark will take on a whole new meaning...in the spirit of love, teamwork and giving everyone a chance of course'

Rod then invited questions from the floor. CC pointed out that the floor was inanimate and couldn't ask questions, that RP was a mong who'd done a great job for the club and that his budget was perfect and that he'd take questions from no-one but himself.

Rod smiled an approving smile and then winked at a barmaid who immediately fell pregnant.

Some hardy souls however did attempt to talk with our new manager. During one such exchange...

Shareholder: Ummm errrrr Mr. Calderwood Sir? Can I just ask if you don't mind and it's not too much troubl....

*the call ends*

CC: Good, it was probably a ******ed ill thought out remark anyway by a supporter who to be fair is the lifeblood of this club if I may say. I'm just taking care of it for you.

After this all that was left was for Rod, whose hair was ruffled and he looked a little flushed, to strip to the waist, grease up and compete in a UFC cage match against Meeeester Romanov. Vlad unfortunately was a no-show as Yams are now very much used to.

Interestingly, all female bar staff were nowhere to be seen in the latter part of the meeting, just before Rod re-appeared for his cage match.

All in all a good night but I'm sure other posters will be able to add to my details.

Superb! :top marks

BroxburnHibee
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM

*the call ends*

Ya f***** Speedway - I'm now sitting here at work in tears after reading that.

Best thing I've read on here in ages.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

ScottB
02-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Hahaha so good! Loved the phoning Bamba comments :top marks

Best go as my class of design students are wondering why I'm p1ssing myself haha

fatbloke
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM

I know of several rather ugly mid 40's - mid 50's who have had kids tickets for years. One actually used to be and maybe even still is a serving policeman.:grr:

Need to change the scanner system or put photos on the id season cards.

Andy74
02-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I know of several rather ugly mid 40's - mid 50's who have had kids tickets for years. One actually used to be and maybe even still is a serving policeman.:grr:

Need to change the scanner system or put photos on the id season cards.

The kids ones are different colours and have kids clearly written all over them.

HibbyAndy
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM

*the call ends*

Take a bow son :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rod winked at the barmaid and she fell pregnant :faf: :faf:

:hilarious :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
02-11-2010, 05:40 PM
The kids ones are different colours and have kids clearly written all over them.

....to prevent any Rix/Thomson scenarios? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
02-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Take a bow son
Rod winked at the barmaid and she fell pregnant :faf: :faf:

:hilarious :greengrin

So glad you edited your original post :greengrin

HibbyAndy
02-11-2010, 05:42 PM
So glad you edited your original post :greengrin

:hilarious

A was mega quick, You must have saw it real quick:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM

They weren't a different colour last season and in any case the stewards don't care and let anyone in - I swapped cards with my daughter last season just to see if they did pay any attention.

I bet there's loads of folk ripping the club off. They should do a spot check every now and again.

CropleyWasGod
02-11-2010, 05:48 PM
:hilarious

A was mega quick, You must have saw it real quick:greengrin

TBH, I mis-read it lol... the way I read it, it was even funnier :greengrin

HibbyAndy
02-11-2010, 05:49 PM
TBH, I mis-read it lol... the way I read it, it was even funnier :greengrin

Ave got you :faf:

grunt
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Anyway, the negotiated facility was not needed at the outset as free cash reserves were used. A portion of the loan has since been drawn down. There is no penalty for early repayment if the Board decide to do so.

Yes Garry a few of us were stating for a long time that ring fenced meant lending facility in place not cash available in hand. Its about time the penny dropped that Hibs are nowhere near debt free and trading at a substantial loss most years.

I'm sorry but where's the evidence for any of this? The club's accounts for the year to July 2010 (barely three months ago) have already been issued, and can be seen here http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?192245-****Hibs-Accounts-To-31st-July-2010-See-Them-Here****. There is nothing in these accounts which indicate that further borrowing has been arranged. If there had been a loan agreement in place at the end of July it would have been noted in the accounts. Indeed, the Directors' Report states on Page 3 that "All payments made to contractors during the year in respect of the new East Stand were funded from the Club's internal resources." Unless funding has been put in place since the year end, what makes you think that we had to borrow to pay for the new stand? Or is this loan facility in the Holding Company?

frazeHFC
02-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Now the training facilities and ground are done, the board are right in saying the teams performance should be their top priority.

Good notes guys :wink:

IWasThere2016
02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
grunt - the stand wasn't finished on 31/7. On the assumption its cheaper to spend your own money than the bank's - I respectfully suggest Hibs would use the bank facility last and the payment to the contractor was made post 31/7 and before 1 November. Hence the mention on Monday.

I know the club had a valuation done - during the construction - for a loan facility

grunt
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I respectfully suggest Hibs would use the bank facility last and the payment to the contractor was made post 31/7 and before 1 November. Hence the mention on Monday.

I know the club had a valuation done - during the construction - for a loan facility
Sure, I understand. It's just that if they had a loan facility arranged prior to 31 July I'd have expected to see mention of it in the accounts, and I don't. If it's all happened in the last three months, this would explain it.

One last thing - £2.9m is included in the accounts as cost of the new stand as at 31 July. If the stand contains 6400 seats, and SL says the cost is £500 per seat, that makes the total cost about £3.2m. So we're only talking about an extra £300k to be found? Doesn't seem worth taking on a loan for that amount...?

IWasThere2016
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Grunt - Mikey says on the front page:

"Long term funding of the East stand has been acquired from Bank of Scotland. This is to be repaid by 2025 and the club can make early repayments without penalty"

If we sold Bamba it might have been unneccessary ..

GloriousHibs
02-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Information on Shareholders review very useful but;

Did anyone ask the board why they sold Scotland's second top goalscorer for £1.2m??

Its an itch I cant scratch, Stokes may have been a pest, poor trainer, drinker and negative influence but Celtic sold a dud for £2.4m and brought in someone who actually scores goals for half that. I simply cant get my head around it.

If its a contract trigger valuation issue, ***** tell us

Iggy Pope
02-11-2010, 07:32 PM

Did anyone ask the board why they sold Scotland's second top goalscorer for £1.2m??

Its an itch I cant scratch, Stokes may have been a pest, poor trainer, drinker and negative influence but Celtic sold a dud for £2.4m and brought in someone who actually scores goals for half that. I simply cant get my head around it.

Petrie was asked this very question at the first AGM session including reference to Celtic selling on Fortune and making an overall profit.

He skipped over the last bit, but his response was that it was a football decision to sell Stokes and obtain Duffy. I got the feeling he was shifting the onus to the absent Yogi.
No details of contracts or clauses and nor will there ever be from him.

HFC 0-7
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM

Use some of those student loans and overdrafts that you lot use for drinking money and you will be fine! Tax evaders! :wink:

grunt
02-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Grunt - Mikey says on the front page: "Long term funding of the East stand has been acquired from Bank of Scotland. This is to be repaid by 2025 and the club can make early repayments without penalty"
Ok got you, thanks. :confused:

Newhaven
02-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Im the same but when you saw Petrie's body language at the first AGM you could tell Stokes was BIG trouble at the club. Just the OF flexing their muscle as usual :boo hoo: