PDA

View Full Version : Ticket sales for the derby?

Long suffering
01-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Just wondered if anyone had news on how the ticket sales are going? any chance of a sell out?

PISTOL1875
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Just wondered if anyone had news on how the ticket sales are going? any chance of a sell out?

With no general sale , I would think that we won't sell out. I hope to be proved wrong...

monktonharp
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
With no general sale , I would think that we won't sell out. I hope to be proved wrong...how is there no general sale? how else would they sell out,if the general public cant buy? we only have 10k ST holders. :confused: can anyone explain further?

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2010, 09:43 PM
how is there no general sale? how else would they sell out,if the general public cant buy? we only have 10k ST holders. :confused: can anyone explain further?

Think he means that you have to be registered on the database, no?

tamig
01-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Think he means that you have to be registered on the database, no?

Aye, that's it.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Anyone on the database can buy anyone who isn't a ticket as well

anon1
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
how is there no general sale? how else would they sell out,if the general public cant buy? we only have 10k ST holders. :confused: can anyone explain further?

You have to be registered on the Hibs ticket office database to purchase..

My point exactly MH - I've been to watch Hibs before, but have always gone and bought on the day. I was desperate to go this Sunday, but was initially very disappointed to learn of the policy for this game.. Thankfully I've a friend on this database and he agreed that it'd be a worthy speactacle this Sunday, so luckily I'm going. At £28 a pop and the apathy toward attending SPL games... these are ties are the ones that need to be opened up to the masses, maybe give the wider population a chance to go and see the passion that Edinburgh has to offer as a whole!

It'll do well to better the Huns attendance (17k ish?) on the first day of the season in my opinion. That said, it'll be my first Edinburgh derby and I'm really looking forward to it!

Jack
01-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Forestlad when your mate buys the ticket he can let them know who you are and that will be you added to the database.

HFC07
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I dont know about the overall sales for this weekend, Myself, my father and nephew have all bought a ticket for this weekends game.
I hope its a sell out (probably unlikely) it would make for an amazing atmosphere.
Mon the hibees :thumbsup:

monktonharp
01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
hopefully the better performance (albeit a defeat ) at tannadice,and the pish show in gorgie on sunday ,will encourage a lot more Hibbies to turn up,and turn up the volume too. in any derby,the team respond well to backing from the fans.that gorgie mob will make a noise,if we let them

Moulin Yarns
02-11-2010, 08:45 AM
in Edinburgh today, and I'll be getting my ticket while I'm there. My first chance to see the new East stand.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I went to get a ticket this morning, asked how many were left and the answer was- Plenty in all stands.

No chance of sellout IMO.

Dr Jimmy
02-11-2010, 10:21 AM
in Edinburgh today, and I'll be getting my ticket while I'm there. My first chance to see the new East stand.

Part-timer......................:greengrin

Cabbage East
02-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I would think there will be about 18k there on Sunday.

PaulSmith
02-11-2010, 10:39 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Easter-Road-set-for-biggest.6609194.jp

Bob Box Fish
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Looking at attendances for this fixture over last 10-15 years and considering our league form / tv coverage I would say about 16k sounds about right. Even last xmas when we were on our run we never sold out this fixture.

Anyhow, I will be there +2.

Phil MaGlass
02-11-2010, 11:30 AM
If ever there was a game to savour it would be this one, if you dont have a ticket, get one, the atmosphere will be better than the huns game. A packed ER is what we should be going for.

Sammy7nil
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
I have 5 friends coming from London I got them 5 seats in the top tier back row of the West all sitting together. I did get these a few weeks back but I will be surprised if we beat 17k.

Poor team, Poor performances, Sunday 2.15pm, on TV all reasons for low attendance.

:boo hoo:

PaulSmith
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Looking at attendances for this fixture over last 10-15 years and considering our league form / tv coverage I would say about 16k sounds about right. Even last xmas when we were on our run we never sold out this fixture.

Anyhow, I will be there +2.

We did.

Hermit Crab
02-11-2010, 12:55 PM
No chance of sell out IMO. Even when Hibs have claimed games have been sold out spaces could be seen throughout the ground. All derbys should be sell outs though as these games can turn out to be very special indeed. GG

JimBHibees
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Imo always the biggest game of the season.

PaulSmith
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
No chance of sell out IMO. Even when Hibs have claimed games have been sold out spaces could be seen throughout the ground. All derbys should be sell outs though as these games can turn out to be very special indeed. GG

Hibs claimed that games were sold out and didn't have any more tickets to sell but really that was a ruse and done for the purposes of PR (?) only

Hermit Crab
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Hibs claimed that games were sold out and didn't have any more tickets to sell but really that was a ruse and done for the purposes of PR (?) only

Well they should really be encouraging fans back not claiming games are sold out. I dont think ER will come close to selling out this Sun

bingo70
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM

Would have agreed with that last season but IMO we've built this stand with the hope of growing into it through a period of consistant success, i don't think there was any danger of us selling out this season.

HibbyAndy
02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Build it and they will come.

Cmon Hibs!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hermit Crab
02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Just had a wee nosy on Sickback and due to their 3800 allocation being sold out they are talking about how Hearts should be asking and in one posters opinion demanding more tickets from Hibs as apparantly the East Stand can be segregated to allow away fans in :faf:.

Also there are one or two mutterings that a few ****bos might try and get tickets for the home end on Sunday

Joe Baker II
02-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Just had a wee nosy on Sickback and due to their 3800 allocation being sold out they are talking about how Hearts should be asking and in one posters opinion demanding more tickets from Hibs as apparantly the East Stand can be segregated to allow away fans in :faf:.

Also there are one or two mutterings that a few ****bos might try and get tickets for the home end on Sunday

Given the increased capacity of ER and the fact new stand has not resulted in any increase in crowds (arguably the reverse in fact although way Hibs are playing a factor too in relatively poor crowds this season) I would have thought this would have been a given - this assumes those running Scottish football have even a modicum of common sense!

Not that some Hearts fans in home areas of ground bothers me in the slightest as it is money to Hibs but not all will see it like tihs.

Joe Baker II
02-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Certainly not saying Hibs are not at fault for what you highlight but to be fair to them there is little they can do if season tickets holders (type who are willing to give club money even if they do not go that often - there are a number like this including me in some past seasons + those who just cannot make it on day) do not turn up which is part of the reason for what you describe

bingo70
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
If we were selling out despite us being as pish as we are and have been for some time then i'd suggest the stadium would be too small, if we get back to the form at the start of last season, then get back to competing in semi finals and finals and we're still not close to selling out games like these then it's at that stage i'd start to worry.

Albion Hibs
02-11-2010, 02:43 PM
You have to be registered on the Hibs ticket office database to purchase..

My point exactly MH - I've been to watch Hibs before, but have always gone and bought on the day. I was desperate to go this Sunday, but was initially very disappointed to learn of the policy for this game.. Thankfully I've a friend on this database and he agreed that it'd be a worthy speactacle this Sunday, so luckily I'm going. At £28 a pop and the apathy toward attending SPL games... these are ties are the ones that need to be opened up to the masses, maybe give the wider population a chance to go and see the passion that Edinburgh has to offer as a whole!

It'll do well to better the Huns attendance (17k ish?) on the first day of the season in my opinion. That said, it'll be my first Edinburgh derby and I'm really looking forward to it!

Most important thing first - your first derby mate, enjoy, hope it is a win to add to the occasion!

Re this database stuff I was not aware of that. I assumed you could simply turn up and buy a ticket.....sounds weird I know!!

I assume it has something to do with security or that kind of stuff so fair enough in some respects, but the fact that your cant just wake up and decided to head up seems farcical.

PaulSmith
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Given the increased capacity of ER and the fact new stand has not resulted in any increase in crowds (arguably the reverse in fact although way Hibs are playing a factor too in relatively poor crowds this season) I would have thought this would have been a given - this assumes those running Scottish football have even a modicum of common sense!

Not that some Hearts fans in home areas of ground bothers me in the slightest as it is money to Hibs but not all will see it like tihs.

Home games thus far:
Rangers - 17,145
ICT - 11,938
Accies - 11,294
Killie - 11,256

Be good to see if your able to show where less Hibs fans are attending this season than last with comparative games?

As for your idea that it should be a 'given' that we give more tickets to Hearts fans, deary deary me.

Barney McGrew
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM

It's a bit rich that those fudleys are rattling on about getting more tickets, seeing that this will be the first time in eons that they've sold out their full end at ER. Even with their reduced allocation last year, they only sold out the day before the game IIRC.

Yams - dressing as seats at Easter Road since the seats got put in :cool2:

Barney McGrew
02-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Rangers - 17,145 (16,894)
ICT - 11,938 (No equivalent fixture last season- 11,688 season 2008/09)
Accies - 11,294 (11,481)
Killie - 11,256 (10,982)

Be good to see if your able to show where less Hibs fans are attending this season than last with comparative games?

Up in three out of the four equivalent fixtures. It should also be noted the Accies fixture last year was when we were in the middle of our great run, so to be less than 200 people down isn't bad either.

And all of this when the team is poor. I'm sure when we start winning again, it will pick up even further.

We've also had the income from the Scotland U-21 fixture that we would not have been allocated without the new East.

GreenPJ
02-11-2010, 03:57 PM

Not a very good strategy for the tax man though suggesting you are taking in more than you actually are.

K.Marx
02-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I know at least 8 non-regulars who are going on Sunday, my first time back at E.R since the Maribor game aswell. Expecting a crowd in the region on 16-17K :agree: Would love to see 18K plus but cant see it happening. Surprised that mob have sold out their end, must be the first time in donkeys!

Broken Gnome
02-11-2010, 06:33 PM

Given you are frequently glaring in your belief that this Hibs board have run the club badly (Murrayfield semi-final debate, ticketing, ruining of the match-day atmosphere to name to name but a few) you obviously think the directors are guilty of consistently turning fans away from the product, poor decision making and PR disasters. Feel free then to tell everyone how it would benefit Hibs in any way - as a club with integrity that should value its supporters and their wishes - to give up a section of the ground to their bitterest rivals. Not any old section of course, but the most historic and iconic part of the ground.

Yeah, thought not.

frazeHFC
02-11-2010, 06:42 PM
This thread has made me think the attendance will be bigger than the 15-16k i was anticipating, as a lot of people seem to be saying they have mates and non-regulars coming to the game :thumbsup:

Bob Box Fish
02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
We did.

We didn't I was in the east. Lots of spaces in west lower and in top tier of hearts end. Ticket office deems a match as a sell out when ticket sales reach 95% always has done.

Luna_Asylum
02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
there wasn't more than 15k @ the huns game

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
there wasn't more than 15k @ the huns game

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10290~53518,00.html

Why would the club lie, and pay more tax than they have to?

Littlest Hobo
03-11-2010, 04:37 PM
I think we might manage around the 15000 mark on sunday. I'm going to predict 15250:thumbsup:

I said when we played Rangers that unless things improve on the park that I can see "THE TASH" thinking about segregating the West stand for Cat A games.

We done it before and we'll probably do it again. :agree:

We just don't have the team on the park to get the fans interested enough.:boo hoo:

Golden Bear
03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I think we might manage around the 15000 mark on sunday. I'm going to predict 150250:thumbsup:

I said when we played Rangers that unless things improve on the park that I can see "THE TASH" thinking about segregating the West stand for Cat A games.

We just don't have the team on the park to get the fans interested enough.:boo hoo:

The East Stand is big -------- but never that big!

:wink:

sunshine1875
03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I think we might manage around the 15000 mark on sunday. I'm going to predict 150250:thumbsup:

LTYF :greengrin

Only a Yam mentions that many fans.

Littlest Hobo
03-11-2010, 04:50 PM
The East Stand is big -------- but never that big!

:wink:

Edited :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
03-11-2010, 04:51 PM
LTYF :greengrin

Only a Yam mentions that many fans.

:agree:

WindyMiller
03-11-2010, 05:06 PM

What about those that have ST's in that section? Just punt them?

Moulin Yarns
03-11-2010, 07:55 PM

drove down Easter Road so I could come up St Clair Street, WOW that is impressive!!!

Part-timer......................:greengrin

I know, shocking isn't it :greengrin third game this season, Perth, Dundee and now home. Third time lucky :greengrin

Luna_Asylum
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10290~53518,00.html

Why would the club lie, and pay more tax than they have to?

Not sure why. Maybe the same reason that yams and celtic have done it.
The tax bill does not get calculated from the declared crowd.

There were 6-7k plus empty seats at the game anyhow

Ringothedog
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM

So you are saying that all the Hibs fans present would have fitted into the west and north stands i.e. the whole east stand would have been empty. You are talking PISH!!

marinello59
03-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Count them did you?

Luna_Asylum
03-11-2010, 08:34 PM
So you are saying that all the Hibs fans present would have fitted into the west and north stands i.e. the whole east stand would have been empty. You are talking PISH!!

No I did not say where anyone would have fitted.

What I saw from my seat in the east was a half empty west and ff
There were a few empty seats in the hunz end.
The east was not full but maybe nearly - it's hard to tell when you are in that stand.
So my best guess was there was 6000 empty seats and a crowd of approx 14.5k

thats the way it was and "you are talking pish" accusations will not change anything

I wish the ground had been packed but it wasn't. Sometimes the truth is hard to take. be a yam style believer if you want......

marinello59
03-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Some might say that your continuous concern for Old Firm fans and Yams whilst knocking all things Hibs does you credit. Some might.

Luna_Asylum
03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Count them did you?

ostrich (spelling?)

marinello59
03-11-2010, 08:39 PM
ostrich (spelling?)

Just wondering where you got your figure from? Is it a fact or plucked out of the air? Fair question surely?

Cabbage East
03-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Some might say that your continuous concern for Old Firm fans and Yams whilst knocking all things Hibs does you credit. Some might.

Surely everyone's sussed this guy out by now.

Luna_Asylum
03-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Just wondering where you got your figure from? Is it a fact or plucked out of the air? Fair question surely?

from my seat in the east the west looked only half full and so did the ff
thats around 5000 empty seats - add some empty seats in the south and east and and thats it.

Cabbage East
03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
from my seat in the east the west looked only half full and so did the ff
thats around 5000 empty seats - add some empty seats in the south and east and and thats it.

You're at it pal.

Luna_Asylum
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
You're at it pal.

we have about 11000 thousand turn up fans right now
blame me if you want - won't alter nothing

CropleyWasGod
03-11-2010, 09:04 PM
we have about 11000 thousand turn up fans right now
g

Yamaths :wink:

Fantic
03-11-2010, 09:06 PM

(http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Ma...~53518,00.html)

Just to clarify...

You're saying Hibs are talking pish. You don't know why they're talking pish, but from your seat in the East you can give us the real attendance number that day.

Thanks for that :spammy:

Luna_Asylum
03-11-2010, 09:12 PM
(http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Ma...~53518,00.html)

Just to clarify...

You're saying Hibs are talking pish. You don't know why they're talking pish, but from your seat in the East you can give us the real attendance number that day.

Thanks for that :spammy:

so because I do not have the official explanation why hibs decided to overstate the crowd (like it is accepted that yams/tims do) means it cannot have happened?

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2010, 09:15 PM
so because I do not have the official explanation why hibs decided to overstate the crowd (like it is accepted that yams/tims do) means it cannot have happened?

Well i was at the game, and the lads i travel with all said around the 17000 mark. I agreed and the official site confirmed that. Thank for the input, but i will believe my own eyes and the official site thank you very much.

Removed
03-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Well i was at the game, and the lads i travel with all said around the 17000 mark. I agreed and the official site confirmed that. Thank for the input, but i will believe my own eyes and the official site thank you very much.

I got all that pish :blah: :blah: :blah: when I won the hospitality predictor last season against the sheep. Fannys arguing that the official crowd was wrong.

Saddos imo. You wonder what their agenda is :confused:

Luna_Asylum
03-11-2010, 09:25 PM

proof indeed that you can fool most of the people at least some of the time

hibeelin
03-11-2010, 09:41 PM

What about those that have ST's in that section? Just punt them?

Well gang of us have been ST holders in that area for between 6 and 10 years and there is no bloody way i am moving to let some yam or hun have MY seat
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

The Harp
03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
proof indeed that you can fool most of the people at least some of the time

Oh dear, you seem to be another of the 'I'm right and everybody else is wrong' brigade. I'm afraid, even though you think otherwise, that your opinion is of no more importance than anyone else's on here. :yawn:

1two
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
The attendance is not worked out by ticket sales, it's done by a counter in each gate. If a crowd of 17000 is recorded it's because the gates have turned 17000 times since the system was set
This detail is sent to the turnstile monitoring station situated in the south stand march control room.
This saves details of historical matches too
If the crowd announced by hibs was 17376 then the gates will have been operated 17376 times. If it's 344 then the gates have been operated 344. It's not in hibs interests to exaggerate or understate crowds, they only state facts.

Go to tynie and you'll be told it's a full stadium
This is because they have no turnstile monitoring system and have to rely on the figure of tickets sold. (Or Up until 2 seasons Ago this was true) This will include no shows from season tickets and unreturned unused tickets from players free family tickets etc

Luna_Asylum
04-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Oh dear, you seem to be another of the 'I'm right and everybody else is wrong' brigade. I'm afraid, even though you think otherwise, that your opinion is of no more importance than anyone else's on here. :yawn:

you seem to be another of the people who term those who disagree with you as a "brigade" - wtf is that all about

Cabbage East
04-11-2010, 06:53 AM
you seem to be another of the people who term those who disagree with you as a "brigade" - wtf is that all about

Your chat is pish and you're coming across as a total bellend.

Hope this helps.

RoxburghHibs
04-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I believe the reason the "attendance" for the huns game was 17000+, is that we issue ticket sold info not the actual attendance.

Posh Swanny
04-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Go to tynie and you'll be told it's a full stadium
This is because they have no turnstile monitoring system and have to rely on the figure of tickets sold. (Or Up until 2 seasons Ago this was true) This will include no shows from season tickets and unreturned unused tickets from players free family tickets etc

Is that true? I assumed that centrally monitored turnstile counters were a pre-requisite at football grounds for safety/overcrowding reasons.

Ringothedog
04-11-2010, 08:22 AM
I believe the reason the "attendance" for the huns game was 17000+, is that we issue ticket sold info not the actual attendance.

As has been stated previously, no we dont, we count actual bodies that attend

JimBHibees
04-11-2010, 09:08 AM

I would agree with that thought it was a decent crowd and about the 17k mark. The new stand is massive and I assume people have been deceived by this. No way IMO was the West Stand half full, there were decent sized gaps at the corners but no way half full. I would say about 3 and a half thousand empty seat was about right.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I would agree with that thought it was a decent crowd and about the 17k mark. The new stand is massive and I assume people have been deceived by this. No way IMO was the West Stand half full, there were decent sized gaps at the corners but no way half full. I would say about 3 and a half thousand empty seat was about right.

Anyone with eyes in their head that are fully functional (with or without lens correction:wink:) could see that there was about 17K at that game. Hibs official figure confirmed this and as has been explained earlier these figures are accurate because they work on the turnstile monitoring system.

Obviously this doesn't suit the agenda of people who wish to run the club down at every opportunity and focus on negatives. Personally i'd just leave them to it and let them revel in their own little world of negativity at every opportunity.

krobertson12
04-11-2010, 12:20 PM
back onto topic, i just got 2 tickets for the derby, and i think its gonna be a very near full stadium. only front rows available in west, and towards north and south ends of the east stand. 1st time back this season, and 1st time in the east since about 2004!

sunshine1875
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
back onto topic, i just got 2 tickets for the derby, and i think its gonna be a very near full stadium. only front rows available in west, and towards north and south ends of the east stand. 1st time back this season, and 1st time in the east since about 2004!

Interesting - I recall reading the club saying that the West and FF Upper were almost sold out out. I would expect the South to be full and a near capacity East. Could be quite an attendance.

PS - good to get back to topic. It is a pity that many threads on here get taken over by some cringe-worthy discussions / debates.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Was in the ticket office this morning getting a ticket for a mate.

Had a wee chat with one of the girls serving (she's gorgeous BTW, i'm going for tickets more often). I asked how sales were looking and she said and i quote 'Not far away from selling out'. I said i'd been down earlier in the week and there was still loads left then and she said there had been a big surge in sales yesterday and today and all stands were now 'limited availability'.

I think 18K+ now looks realistic.

Jack
04-11-2010, 01:03 PM
On the plan at the ticket office there is a chunk(about 10/15%) at the south end of the east shaded in red!!
And from asking the girls in the ticket office today I reckon we'll get between 18,500 and 19,500:wink:

That is the area set aside for the [Hibs 12th Man] Singing Section, or at least those who want to sing – actually we are all part of the Hibs 12th Man officially or unofficially. :agree:

God help any yam that ends up in there! :faf:

Joe Baker II
04-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Home games thus far:
Rangers - 17,145
ICT - 11,938
Accies - 11,294
Killie - 11,256

As for your idea that it should be a 'given' that we give more tickets to Hearts fans, deary deary me.

Your first point is valid but there is not certainly any significant increase in home support, I said there MAY have been a decrease, also there was some sceptism about the quoted crowd for Rangers game (was not there so no opinion on this).

2nd point , 3-4000 extra seats, no difference in home support this season, potentially lots of empty seats, hence no logical reason for not giving away fans more tickets. Fact some other clubs can be as small-minded as Hibs Board and fans in same situation not an excuse.
Because

Joe Baker II
04-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Given you are frequently glaring in your belief that this Hibs board have run the club badly (Murrayfield semi-final debate, ticketing, ruining of the match-day atmosphere to name to name but a few) you obviously think the directors are guilty of consistently turning fans away from the product, poor decision making and PR disasters.

Feel free then to tell everyone how it would benefit Hibs in any way - as a club with integrity that should value its supporters and their wishes - to give up a section of the ground to their bitterest rivals. Not any old section of course, but the most historic and iconic part of the ground.

Yeah, thought not.

Where did I say the East Stand should be given over, assuming that is what you mean by most iconic part of ground?

Benefit is more fans + money + better image for club if stadium full - and Hibs are not going to come close to selling out the stadium ever in the forseeable future I suspect.

All other points you refer to regarding criticism of way club are run are entirely valid and I am not the only one to have expressed these views.

Joe Baker II
04-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Surely everyone's sussed this guy out by now.

Have had season ticket for 16 years at Easter Road from 1992-2009 so would have thought totally entitled to express views on the running of Hibs - afraid inane "anyone who expresses view many Hibs fans do not want to hear cannot be a real supporter" nonsense and water of a ducks back!

And post you are responding to equally bad btw!

Vini1875
04-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Where did I say the East Stand should be given over, assuming that is what you mean by most iconic part of ground?

Benefit is more fans + money + better image for club if stadium full - and Hibs are not going to come close to selling out the stadium ever in the forseeable future I suspect.

All other points you refer to regarding criticism of way club are run are entirely valid and I am not the only one to have expressed these views.

I think if you gave more tickets to OF and hearts it would discourage Hibs supporters from attending. There are a lot of people who already don't take kids to these games because of the atmosphere. The less of them in our ground the better, even if it costs us a few quid. However if they want to buy tickets for the Hibs end and sit on their hands for an uncomfortable 90 minutes I have no objections. Giving over a section of the west or east stand is just potty and would create a much more poisonous atmosphere.

JimBHibees
04-11-2010, 02:06 PM
I think if you gave more tickets to OF and hearts it would discourage Hibs supporters from attending. There are a lot of people who already don't take kids to these games because of the atmosphere. The less of them in our ground the better, even if it costs us a few quid. However if they want to buy tickets for the Hibs end and sit on their hands for an uncomfortable 90 minutes I have no objections. Giving over a section of the west or east stand is just potty and would create a much more poisonous atmosphere.

Totally agree, cant imagine the police would sanction it either.

PaulSmith
04-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Your first point is valid but there is not certainly any significant increase in home support, I said there MAY have been a decrease, also there was some sceptism about the quoted crowd for Rangers game (was not there so no opinion on this).

2nd point , 3-4000 extra seats, no difference in home support this season, potentially lots of empty seats, hence no logical reason for not giving away fans more tickets. Fact some other clubs can be as small-minded as Hibs Board and fans in same situation not an excuse.
Because

2nd point - We've had ONE game this season thus far at home where we've had any more than 600 away fans. And that game we saw an attendance of over 17000 and a great atmoshere.
You have absolsutely no idea what the attendance will be on Sunday or how many Hibs fans will attend yet if you were in charge you would've made a decision 2/3 weeks ago (before Calderwood was appointed) to move a few thousand ST Hibs fans, initiate segregation controls and give Hearts an extra 3500 tickets to sell when they have only sold out their allocation a few times in the last 10 years.
And to quote yourself you said "it should be a given".

There is absolutely zero logic been applied and it's a flippant post on a message board.

monktonharp
04-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I think if you gave more tickets to OF and hearts it would discourage Hibs supporters from attending. There are a lot of people who already don't take kids to these games because of the atmosphere. The less of them in our ground the better, even if it costs us a few quid. However if they want to buy tickets for the Hibs end and sit on their hands for an uncomfortable 90 minutes I have no objections. Giving over a section of the west or east stand is just potty and would create a much more poisonous atmosphere.we used to give up half the old main stand,iirc,along with the terracing below that ,to that Gorgie mob. could not happen now,because of the lower capacity and i/m glad we cant allow them to encroach into sacred ground.the clean up bill would be massive,also the f/kin stench!

Rasta_Hibs
04-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Well i have just purchased 3 tickets for the East!!! Wasnt going to go but av been reading about it all week and im there!!! Mon the Hibeeees! :greengrin:thumbsup::agree:

Phil MaGlass
04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I predict a sellout.

WindyMiller
04-11-2010, 03:30 PM

Because

See post 65.

Lang Toun Hibs
04-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Dunning Hibs will be there too...just got my ticket for the East!

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
The game looks like it's going to sell out. It's become fashionable to be cynical but I think a lot of people are quietly excited at seeing a derby in a proper, modern football stadium and looking forward to rubbing Los Trampolinos faces in the fact that they are living in the dark ages. When you think that they either sit in, or look directly onto, a crumbling edifice that has see Two World Wars (c: yams) then they have to face up to what a joke they are every other week.

Let's all laugh loudly at those minging wheezy-lunged, trog-faced, child-chastising, guttersnipe gorgoyles and their Carstairs delusions.

Broken Gnome
04-11-2010, 04:12 PM

1 - The post you initially quoted spoke specifically of East Stand segregation, so yeah, that's where you said it. I assume there would be logistical problems of segregation occurring anywhere else.

2 - Absolutely no guarantees that any of our three category A opponents would take up extra tickets, especially as it's traditionally televised games at irregular times. Highly unlikely actually on most of the evidence.

3 - Yes they are valid - I'd suggest the upheavel and concession of extra seating to opponents however within traditionally home sections, regardless of whether season ticket holders are seated there, would create far wider resentment and disillusion that the reasons you often detail. And as has been already said, no one has any idea what a good run of form prior to a game could do to the possibility of a large home support.

All debatable of course, but to suggest extra tickets for Hearts and the Old Firm should be a 'given' and that Hibs and their support show signs of 'small-mindedness' for not sharing this.... :bitchy:

.Sean.
04-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Was in the ticket office this morning getting a ticket for a mate.

Had a wee chat with one of the girls serving (she's gorgeous BTW, i'm going for tickets more often). I asked how sales were looking and she said and i quote 'Not far away from selling out'. I said i'd been down earlier in the week and there was still loads left then and she said there had been a big surge in sales yesterday and today and all stands were now 'limited availability'.

I think 18K+ now looks realistic.
:tee hee:

I like your style :wink:

The game looks like it's going to sell out. It's become fashionable to be cynical but I think a lot of people are quietly excited at seeing a derby in a proper, modern football stadium and looking forward to rubbing Los Trampolinos faces in the fact that they are living in the dark ages. When you think that they either sit in, or look directly onto, a crumbling edifice that has see Two World Wars (c: yams) then they have to face up to what a joke they are every other week.

Let's all laugh loudly at those minging wheezy-lunged, trog-faced, child-chastising, guttersnipe gorgoyles and their Carstairs delusions.
:rotflmao:

18500 in attendance and a comprehensive 2-0 win for the Hibbies. Bring on Sunday!

Zondervan
04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Just been given cash to get the guys from "Best Kebab" on Leith Walk 3 tickets for the game.

The opportunity of free Pizza for a month was too good to turn down. :Awright!:

Cabbage East
04-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Anyone umm-ing and ah-ing about going, get your a*se down to the holy ground and get a ticket, the club needs you. Lets do this shower of mutants.

HenryMonk
04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Just been given cash to get the guys from "Best Kebab" on Leith Walk 3 tickets for the game.

Enjoy your chicken and mushroom pizza's yah fat C!

Since90+2
04-11-2010, 05:23 PM

Their roast potatos are amazing :drool:

Phil MaGlass
04-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Ihave said it once and ahll say it again its gonnae be a
SELLOUT

frazeHFC
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
To be honest a week ago i was saying it would be an embarseement as we would be lucky to have 16000 there, now my predictions are changing. Can't wait, a sell out would be emmense.

Albion Hibs
04-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Ihave said it once and ahll say it again its gonnae be a
SELLOUT

A weel ago I would have said you were nut, when I posted that I thought there was going to be just over 17k I thought I was on the ambitions side, but the more the days go on the more I think we are going to hit the 19k mark minimum.

Have bumped into / spoken to a load of folk that either havent been in ages, or have stopped going that have decided to head along on Sunday.

Cant wait. Yet another reason for them to ram there "big team" chat.

sunshine1875
04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
It's a bit rich that those fudleys are rattling on about getting more tickets, seeing that this will be the first time in eons that they've sold out their full end at ER. Even with their reduced allocation last year, they only sold out the day before the game IIRC.

Yams - dressing as seats at Easter Road since the seats got put in :cool2:

Agree. Bit of a joke about them selling out and us being dressed as seats. Carefully watch this video and compare their support at ER and our support at Tiny over the last few years. What conclusion would you make?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmTc-QqRu8

Fantic
04-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Their roast potatos are amazing :drool:

Joe Baker II
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Totally agree, cant imagine the police would sanction it either.

Police have no say in this - is not a legal issue.

Joe Baker II
05-11-2010, 02:10 PM

I normally agree with your posts Vini but surely if there is going to be segregation it makes more sense to minimise those going undercover by allocating extra space to away fans when areas of stadium unlikely to be full. And this would apply equally if there was excess demand from Hibs fans and Hearts allocation struggles to sell, as has happened in past. Just needs Board to have the vision to make contingencies so this can be planned on game by game by game basis.

Also, on the occasions there has been fans of both teams in same stand in recent years at ER (normally the South) and Tynecastle (School end normally) do not think there has been major additional problems as a result

Re post 65 plenty of clubs have season tickets that do not apply for certain games so that is nothing that can not be managed by club, just needs warning from club that they may be moved for some games - re those who allegedly object to being moved I would have had no problem with that arrangement when had a season ticket as in best interests of club.

Canot help feeling those not going because of "poisonous atmosphere" are looking for an excuse and would find another reason if needed for not going.

Keith_M
05-11-2010, 03:10 PM
JBII, I can't believe this but, for the first time ... I agree with you (kind of).

I think there could easily be a section of the West Stand set aside for walk-ups and Category B Season Tickets (e.g. the 3 sections nearest the South), much as there used to be in the South Stand, which could be used for visiting Cat A fans. I think it's good if the club at least keep the option open just now and see how attendances are before committing themselves either way though.

If during the course of this season, Hibs sell over 14,000 tickets for every Cat A game, then I wouldn't bother. If we sell less than that, I'd think it worthwhile considering it for next season.

marinello59
05-11-2010, 03:13 PM
JBII, I can't believe this but, for the first time ... I agree with you.

I think there could easily be a section of the West Stand set aside for walk-ups and Category B Season Tickets (e.g. the 3 sections nearest the South), much as there used to be in the South Stand. I think it's good if the club at least keep the option open just now and see how attendances are before committing themselves either way though.

If during the course of this season, Hibs sell over 14,000 tickets for every Cat A game, then I wouldn't bother. If we sell less than that, I'd think it worthwhile considering it for next season.

Easier to do in the East. It's set up for segregation.

Andy74
05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't really get this discussion when we had more people at the only game that its been tested on that we have done in years.

This game is likely to show that again.

We are bottom of the league and will probably attract 18,000 people or more to the game. A bit short of capacity but rooom to grow and why on earth would we need to havd over areas our own fans normally sit in to mop up the wee bit extra?

Spike Mandela
05-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Was down today getting a ticket for my daughter but while I was in the office a guy wanting two tickets for his son's 21st was refused because he wasn't on the database and also people on the phone were denied as well.

I am fully aware of the security issues but there surely has to be a better way of doing things than this. Hibs can't afford to turn away business.

hibeeleicester
05-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Going to get 6 tickets tomorrow morning hopefully :thumbsup:

RoxburghHibs
05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Going to get 6 tickets tomorrow morning hopefully :thumbsup:

Remember to ask how many tickets have been sold, and to post your findings on here :greengrin

Cabbage East
05-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Went past at lunch and the ticket office was stowed.

EH6 Hibby
05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Was down today getting a ticket for my daughter but while I was in the office a guy wanting two tickets for his son's 21st was refused because he wasn't on the database and also people on the phone were denied as well.

I am fully aware of the security issues but there surely has to be a better way of doing things than this. Hibs can't afford to turn away business.

I am amazed at the amount of people that still don't seem to be on the Hibs database, it's been the case for several years now that you can't get a category A ticket unless you are on the database, how do these people still not know? I'm starting to wonder if these people maybe are indeed Hearts fans trying to get tickets for our end. I thought that was just hardman talk from over the road but any Hibs fan that doesn't know you need to be on the database by now must not have attended a game in years.

monktonharp
05-11-2010, 04:15 PM

I am fully aware of the security issues but there surely has to be a better way of doing things than this. Hibs can't afford to turn away business.did you wait outside for the guy? surely someone eventually helped him out,or was he a ****bo?:cool2:

the happy hibee
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I was down today at 3.30 and got my ticket for the game :thumbsup:! but there was not another soul there getting a ticket and i was in the shop for a good 5 mins and no one had come in when i was there either! i dont think it will sellout because there seemed plenty of tickets left in the end sections of the west and the lower famous five stand!

marinello59
05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I was down today at 3.30 and got my ticket for the game :thumbsup:! but there was not another sole there getting a ticket and i was in the shop for a good 5 mins and no one had come in when i was there either! i dont think it will sellout because there seemed plenty of tickets left in the end sections of the west and the lower famous five stand!

Hibs should try harder to reach out to the fish community.:agree:

oconnors_strip
05-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I am amazed at the amount of people that still don't seem to be on the Hibs database, it's been the case for several years now that you can't get a category A ticket unless you are on the database, how do these people still not know? I'm starting to wonder if these people maybe are indeed Hearts fans trying to get tickets for our end. I thought that was just hardman talk from over the road but any Hibs fan that doesn't know you need to be on the database by now must not have attended a game in years.

perhaps they have only been to PATG games so need to be on the ticket database!

the happy hibee
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Hibs should try harder to reach out to the fish community.:agree:
Lol! fixed it now cheers! :thumbsup:

Www1875hfc
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I was in at the ticket office on tuesday getting 6 tickets for mates, a young lad came in wi an older guy, he asked for a ticket for the derby,when asked by the gorgeous female(as previously described)are you on the database etc etc, sorry she said i cant give you a ticket unless you have been to a category A game.
I said you can use my details if you want,as long as you behave yersell son ah said :wink:
You can understand where the club are coming from,but surely there has to be something better put in place in this day and age,its custom you dont want to turn away,every penny is a prisoner.

Spike Mandela
05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
did you wait outside for the guy? surely someone eventually helped him out,or was he a ****bo?:cool2:

No but I suggested that if the guy had ID he could add his name to the database but the staff didn't allow that either.:confused:

Crab apple
05-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Will the ticket office be open on Sunday before the game? I need to get a couple fo tickets but can't 'tmake it to ER tomorrow.

Sloppy
05-11-2010, 07:41 PM
open sunday 9-2.15

anyone know if any the stands are sold out yet?

hibs0666
05-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Won't be anywhere close to a sellout - 17,500 tops IMHO.

monktonharp
05-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Won't be anywhere close to a sellout - 17,500 tops IMHO. you may be correct,but judging by the last few posts regarding people being knocked back,as they are not on the data base, it suggests that there is more interest for this game than some relise,naw? or were they just a random few,that dinnae really want tickets:confused:

madabouthibs
06-11-2010, 12:08 AM
I hope its a sell out, but theres always been a big hoo haa about us selling tickets fast, and come the actual day theres big gaps in all stands.
FF against Rangers is a fine example, as was the cup game against the ****bags at Hampden. I reckon its a sales tactic, trying to make people wanna be there because its a sell out, which it never is.

cwilliamson85
06-11-2010, 02:15 AM
I got 2 tickets a couple of weeks ago. I am on the database and the girl friend is not but the ticket office did not even ask about the 2nd persons info.

erin go bragh
06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
i wiz in fri morning ,tickets only left in 2 blocks of the east [2 outside 1s]
but still tickets 4 ff and west . tbh as long as the east is full i dont think the other stands matter that much[tin hat on but how much singing comes out of the ff or west] or prove me wrong ff and west
GGTTH:notworthy:

Billy Whizz
06-11-2010, 08:08 AM
All about results on the park. if we were flying the league, this place would have been packed.
Anyone remember the crowd at ER for the 6-2 game?
Yams end was half empty!

hibeenicol
06-11-2010, 02:14 PM
So are folk still buying tickets or has everybody got their ticket for tomorrow?

If not and your down the TO try and find out how many tickets are left. Hopefully we can be close to a full stadium but I can't really see it going by the official site ticketmaster thingy.

Anyway I''l be there!

GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

RoxburghHibs
06-11-2010, 05:29 PM
i wiz in fri morning ,tickets only left in 2 blocks of the east [2 outside 1s]
but still tickets 4 ff and west . tbh as long as the east is full i dont think the other stands matter that much[tin hat on but how much singing comes out of the ff or west] or prove me wrong ff and west
GGTTH:notworthy:

That sounds promising, from an East Stand point of view, if only 2 sections remain (sounds like it will be near on capacity). But if there was four sections left in the FF stand on Friday, then it sounds like that stand will be empty.

monktonharp
06-11-2010, 06:58 PM
That sounds promising, from an East Stand point of view, if only 2 sections remain (sounds like it will be near on capacity). But if there was four sections left in the FF stand on Friday, then it sounds like that stand will be empty.the four he refers to is 4,i think, dont you do text talk? (4 means for):wink:

RoxburghHibs
07-11-2010, 06:39 AM
the four he refers to is 4,i think, dont you do text talk? (4 means for):wink:

Ah right of course (I get it now).

I do text talk - but normally on text messages!! :greengrin

Come on the Hibees, get it right up the uglies today!!!!!!!!
:flag:

monktonharp
07-11-2010, 09:47 AM
just sp[oke to 3 non-regulars,still good hibbies though:greengrin and they got tickets this morning,so with the weather being fine and it's not any old game,we will have a very good crowd imho

FFupper
07-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Couple of questions, what time is the ticket office open today and does anybody have the ticket office phone number? Just got the day off work plan to head down.

Jack
07-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I would have been ashamed to admit it but my daughter, having been in the Hibs end twice this season (she’s not much of a leaning towards any SPL club but likes Hibs because of her Dad, if you know what I mean) she was being taken to the away end today by a ‘boy’ :grr:. Nothing like this has ever happened before, I’ll have words with her later :agree:

She’s just been in touch to says she’s not going with him – tight fisted bugger – and could I get her tickets for the Hibs end. :blah:

Aye, right, I said, are they all Hibbies? No, she says, :bye:but there's loads of other Hearts fans have got tickets for the Hibs end, they just phoned up. :confused:

Now whether they are telling the truth or not folks keep weather eye open for infiltrators. These ones will be around 17 to 19 year old, student types :cool2:

hibeeleicester
07-11-2010, 11:22 AM
There were a couple of yams that got tickets yesterday for the FF... woman said "are you on database",..."naw but my father in law is", and he got tickets :confused:

Ringothedog
07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
There were a couple of yams that got tickets yesterday for the FF... woman said "are you on database",..."naw but my father in law is", and he got tickets :confused:

How do you know they were jambos ? were they wearing a hearts scarfs or strip ? or was it the six fingers on each hand that gave them away ? :confused:

RickyS
07-11-2010, 11:53 AM
How do you know they were jambos ? were they wearing a hearts scarfs or strip ? or was it the six fingers on each hand that gave them away ? :confused:
:top marks

maybe their eyes were too close together?

hibsmum
07-11-2010, 11:54 AM
my daughter told me it's been on facebook about them getting tickets for the home end!

kevinc
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Will the ticket office be open on Sunday before the game? I need to get a couple fo tickets but can't 'tmake it to ER tomorrow.
Spelling/grammar a bit ropey:bye: