Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Brown

Hart / Bamba / Hanlon / Grounds

Murray

Galbraith / Miller / Stevenson

De Graff

Riordan

If Nish is fit would move De Graff to left midfield, Riordan into the whole and put Nish up top and take Stevenson out.

Mikey
01-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Take Murray, Hogg and Wotherspoon out of that list and you might be close!!

Andy74
01-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Brown

Murray Hogg Hanlon Stevenson

Bamba

De Graaf Miller Wotherspoon

Riordan Galbraith

Thoughts?

If Wotherspoon is fit I'd play the same team as Saturday with him instead of Galbraith.

He won the penalty but I thought he looked a bit slow and his decision making was a bit poor.

It's a pity we are short of forwards.

I like the sort of 4 1 4 1 formation we played which could be 3 up front when attacking.

When all fit I'd like to see Duffy leading it with Riordan and Zemmama either side.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2010, 03:20 PM
We can't keep chopping and changing the back four every week, we need to allow a partnership to develop. We actually looked ok at the back at the weekend so therefore i'd go with:

..................................Brown........... .....................

Hart..............Bamba...................Hanlon.. .........Grounds

...................................McBride........ .......................

.....De Graaf..........Rankin..........Miller............. Galbraith

...................................Riordan........ ........................

De Graaf looked pretty decent at the weekend so i'd keep him in, Stevenson probably doesn't deserve to be dropped but given Hertz will probably look to make it a bit of a battle in the middle of the park i think McBrides ability to break up play could be useful. Galbraith gives us a bit of pace and while he wasn't briliant on Saturday his directness won us a penalty and could have had another. Rankin gives us work rate and Riordan pretty much picks himself at the moment. As i said the back 4 needs to have a consistent run of games together and Brown made a mistake at Tannadice but on the whole has been good for us.

frazeHFC
01-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Grounds

Miller McBride Murray

Wotherspoon------------Galbraith

Riordan

SteveHFC
01-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Brown

Hart---Dickoh---Thicot/Hanlon---Bamba---Murray

Wotherspoon---Miller---McBride---Galbraith

Riordan

Dunbar Hibee
01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
We need to play a 4-4-2 imo. I would go for :

Brown

Wotherspoon Murray Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Keeper and back four same as the United game. The idea of covering them away from home is shrewd, but at home? If we do that again, then we need a tackler not just a body to get in the way. So maybe Murray, or McBride from the first half of last year. Time to give Miller a wee rest. Lewis again in midfield. A proper two up front but if Nish isn't fit, I don't know who that would be [along with Deeks]. Hearts fell to bits when that big lad came on at the weekend for Killie. Who do we have that can do that? Trakys? De Graf and Spoony in the middle with LS.

Franck Stanton
01-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Brown

Miller McBride Murray

Wotherspoon------------Galbraith

Riordan

Thats the team and formation for me. Solid at back [well as can be with current personel], 5 in m/f when defending and 3 forwards when we have ball and attacking. Brucie bonus is Murray back into L/m for some bite, would definately be happy if this was starting line-up.

Wotherspiniesta
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
As per the other thread:

Brown

Hart Hanlon Bamba Grounds

De Graaf McBride Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

Bench: Stack Murray Stevenson Currie Rankin Wotherspoon Horner/Crawford

Judas Iscariot
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon De Graaf Miller Murray Galbraith

Riordan

Cropley10
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
No Hogg, no Rankin, no Miller, no Trakys, please.

.Sean.
01-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon Miller McBride Stevenson

Nish Riordan

If we weren't playing Hearts i'd have been very tempted to drop Miller and play Murray as he's the kind of player you want on you're side in the Derby and Miller has been a passeger for months. However Murray won't be match fit and this should be the kind of match Liam Miller should thrive in.

I'd have stack ahead of Brown but I doubt he'll be fit. Nothing to do with Brown's error at Tannadice, just I prefer Stack to him.

Nish ahead of Trakys. Trakys really hasn't impressed, he's had two touches - He fell on his erse at Pittodrie and I recall him giving the ball away in the build up to United's goal after he made an arse of a backheel.

Wotherspoon ahead of Galbraith if he's fit - Glbraith was poor at the weekend and D is also a better player.

Lewis Stevenson deserves to keep his place as he was one of our best players on Saturday and he certainly won't hide against Hearts.

HibeeMcGinn1
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I'd keep the same team as Saturday but swap Nish for Rankin and play a 442.

erin go bragh
01-11-2010, 06:00 PM
same defence as sat but id swap rankin with murray
if nish is fit id play brown
hart bamba hanlon grounds
spoony miller murray
de graff deeks
nish

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Keeper and back four same as the United game. The idea of covering them away from home is shrewd, but at home? If we do that again, then we need a tackler not just a body to get in the way. So maybe Murray, or McBride from the first half of last year. Time to give Miller a wee rest. Lewis again in midfield. A proper two up front but if Nish isn't fit, I don't know who that would be [along with Deeks]. Hearts fell to bits when that big lad came on at the weekend for Killie. Who do we have that can do that? Trakys? De Graf and Spoony in the middle with LS.

Dont agree with bringing Wotherspoon in, but you make a good point in relation to a bit of height up front. I dont think Nish will be back this weekend, and despite the fact he has not really had a chance at all I dont see Trakys doing anything (which will of course mean now that I have said that he will score three/four!). De Graff looked pretty decent in the air on Saturday so may have been tempted to push him up for goal kicks etc. Other than that just ram Hogg up there!

sunshine1875
01-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Herriot
Brownlie
Schaedler
Stanton
Black
Blackley
Edwards
O'Rourke
Gordon
Cropley
Duncan

:greengrin

500miles
01-11-2010, 06:31 PM
......................Brown
....Hart...Bamba.........Hanlon(c)...Grounds
....W'spoon..DeGraff.Rankin..Stevenson
..................Nish..Riordan

hibee-shtuggie
01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
hooray! Agree with almost everything you say. Dont tinker defences week to week. Let them settle. Galbraith again, he will come good

Springbank
01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Colgan
Lovell
Laursen
Fenwick
Smith
Sauzee
O'Neil
Jack
Latapy
Paatelainen
Zitelli

marleyhib
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Colgan
Lovell
Laursen
Fenwick
Smith
Sauzee
O'Neil
Jack
Latapy
Paatelainen
Zitelli

Some line up, some game!

monktonharp
01-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Herriot
Brownlie
Schaedler
Stanton
Black
Blackley
Edwards
O'Rourke
Gordon
Cropley
Duncan

:greengrin:hmmm:glesga media would hae a fit, that team would have this league wrapped up by March