PDA

View Full Version : Murray/Bamba CM Sunday

soproni1
01-11-2010, 12:25 PM
First post on .net!!

Any chance of CC adding a bit of meat to the midfield on Sunday?

Would love to see Murray in there myself - his passion might rub off on the rest of the team. If not then would rather Bamba was deployed in a mixu-esque holding role. Without a bit of bite in there I can see us having the same old problems vs them come the sabbath!

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 12:32 PM
First post on .net!!

Would love to see Murray in there myself - his passion might rub off on the rest of the team. If not then would rather Bamba was deployed in a mixu-esque holding role. Without a bit of bite in there I can see us having the same old problems vs them come the sabbath!

Would like to see Murray in the midfield on Saturday possibly ahead of Rankin. Would keep Bamba at CH but I think we could do with a man with side of kyle to stop his presence in the air. In addition help Bamba at set pieces as he has a tendency to loose his man.

IWasThere2016
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
First post on .net!!

Do you mean Matty Jack? :cool2: I concur Rankin out and IM in though

Wotherspiniesta
01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Welcome to :hnet: :thumbsup:

I know what you're saying, but with that thug Kyle playing up front I'd much rather we started with Bamba at the back. He seemed to relish the challenge when we played Killie last season and seemed to have the better of him. I don't actually think we need to beef up the midfield. Killie played some nice passing stuff yesterday and run the Hearts midfield ragged at times. If we could get our passing crisp and sharp from the outtake I reckon we would be much better suited trying to pass it around them.

We're going to need a bit more physicality up front though so Nish would get the nod from me with Riordan feeding off of him. Murray was given the run around by Templeton at ER last season and would find it hard to keep tabs on the spanish waiter IMO.

I'd go with a 4-4-2 of:

Brown

Hart Hanlon Bamba Grounds

De Graaf McBride Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

With Stack, Murray, Stevenson, Spoony, Currie, Rankin and Horner/Crawford on the bench.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Welcome to :hnet: :thumbsup:

I know what you're saying, but with that thug Kyle playing up front I'd much rather we started with Bamba at the back. He seemed to relish the challenge when we played Killie last season and seemed to have the better of him. I don't actually think we need to beef up the midfield. Killie played some nice passing stuff yesterday and run the Hearts midfield ragged at times. If we could get our passing crisp and sharp from the outtake I reckon we would be much better suited trying to pass it around them.

We're going to need a bit more physicality up front though so Nish would get the nod from me with Riordan feeding off of him. Murray was given the run around by Templeton at ER last season and would find it hard to keep tabs on the spanish waiter IMO.

I'd go with a 4-4-2 of:

Brown

De Graaf McBride Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

With Stack, Murray, Stevenson, Spoony, Currie, Rankin and Horner/Crawford on the bench.

He was given the run around as he was playing against two hertz players every time, as they played on the fact Riordan was left midfield and did not track back once.

Very obvious when watching the game and a tactic they lined up to play from the start of the game until the end of it.

I think above people were saying, including me, Murray for midfield and would def start him ahead of McBride, I would also fancy his chances more the Grounds of keeping up with the game.

soproni1
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Do you mean Matty Jack? :cool2: I concur Rankin out and IM in though

Ha! I meant when mixu was the gaffer, however if we could tempt Matty Jack out of retirement then I would get him in there.

Agree with Bamba being required at CB, and that Murray is not the man for LB.

For me:

Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Grounds

de Graaf Murray Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

Wotherspiniesta
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
He was given the run around as he was playing against two hertz players every time, as they played on the fact Riordan was left midfield and did not track back once.

Very obvious when watching the game and a tactic they lined up to play from the start of the game until the end of it.

I think above people were saying, including me, Murray for midfield and would def start him ahead of McBride, I would also fancy his chances more the Grounds of keeping up with the game.

It's a toss up between Murray and Mcbride for CM. I would give McBride the shirt though as I think hes a better passer than IM. I think given his lengthy absence Murray would be a risk to throw in. Especially at left back facing anyone with pace.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 01:10 PM
It's a toss up between Murray and Mcbride for CM. I would give McBride the shirt though as I think hes a better passer than IM. I think given his lengthy absence Murray would be a risk to throw in. Especially at left back facing anyone with pace.

Happy to disagree on pace front, as think he is quite easily faster than Hanlon, Grounds and Stevenson.

With regards to McBride I thought he looked much better with no McBride alongside him this week.

Absence one is a fair shout, albeit he seems to keep himself pretty fit, and I dont think anyone in the team understands the importance of a derby as much as he does!

yekimevol
01-11-2010, 01:40 PM
keep sol at cb because he is the best centerback in the air that we have and hearts will keep him busy on sunday.we need a more physical presance into the team and the answer to me is murray as a holding midfielder.
so the team would be.

brown
hart bamba hanlon grounds
murray
galbraith miller rankin stevenson
de graff
riordan

similar to last week because of the marked improvement.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
keep sol at cb because he is the best centerback in the air that we have and hearts will keep him busy on sunday.we need a more physical presance into the team and the answer to me is murray as a holding midfielder.
so the team would be.

brown
murray
de graff
riordan

Similar with the exception of we only had 11 players on at the weekend!

Mikey
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
We need Bamba in defence on Sunday. Hearts are a big, physical side and he needs to be in there to combat that.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Similar with the exception of we only had 11 players on at the weekend!

Rankin's being deployed in the Brian Kerr role though so we still only have 11 in that team. :agree:

1two
01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
so the team would be.

brown
murray
de graff
riordan

Sounds like a winning team and hopefully no one will notice our extra man :wink:

sesoim
01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I'd go with:

Brown

De Graaf Murray Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

I don't like Bamba at CB, I'd rather use Galbraith as a sub, and I'd rather not use Nish at all. But until Zemmama, Wotherspoon, McCann and Duffy become available, we don't have much choice. We definitely can't waste any more time with the likes of Rankin and Stevenson in the team though - I'd rather bring in a couple of rookies.

essexhibee
02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Love the guy but I think murray is past iy tbh. H

Matty_Jack04
02-11-2010, 08:12 AM
id rather have stevenson playing than mcbride tbh i dont see what mcbride does to warrant a start every week atleast we definatley know lewis will put in a shift and get stuck in.

im of the thinking that it should be miller missing out this week, as has been said this is going to be more of a battle than a football game and i dont think he's up to the task.

Brown

Hart dickoh hanlon grounds

bamba

degraaf stevenson murray riordan

Nish

with bamba holding it leaves riordan and degraaf to hit nish as often as possible, also has bamba spare to cut out the long balls to kyle and the rest of defence to pick off the runners for his knock ons.
also leaves some decent players on the bench if the game needs changed at some point with galbraith and miller on the bench

scoopyboy
02-11-2010, 09:36 AM
I think CC will want a settled back four ASAP.

For that reason I think it will be Hart, Bamba, Hanlon and Grounds again.

Most on this thread think the same.

Skanko79
02-11-2010, 09:48 AM
I think CC will want a settled back four ASAP.

For that reason I think it will be Hart, Bamba, Hanlon and Grounds again.

Most on this thread think the same.

I would agree with that, i would say thats our most solid back 4 as well.

would go with that back 4. (brown in goals)

Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Rankin Galbraith in midfeild.

Deeks up fron on his todd with Spoony and Galbraith getting forward all the time.

sparkiehibs
02-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Brown
Hogg Bamba Hanlon Murray
Spoony McBride Miller Galbraith
Riordan Trakys

Speedway
02-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Happy to disagree on pace front, as think he is quite easily faster than Hanlon, Grounds and Stevenson.

With regards to McBride I thought he looked much better with no McBride alongside him this week.

Absence one is a fair shout, albeit he seems to keep himself pretty fit, and I dont think anyone in the team understands the importance of a derby as much as he does!

I agree. Bamba looked much better with no Bamba alongside him last week.

Players are always better when they're not beside themselves, especially in a derby.

Albion Hibs
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree. Bamba looked much better with no Bamba alongside him last week.

Players are always better when they're not beside themselves, especially in a derby.

Classic, no wonder he is slow he is towing his twin around!

Apologies for the error, for the avoidance of doubt I meant Miller - of course he also looks miles better when Miller is not playing alongside him!

squak
02-11-2010, 04:20 PM
i wouldnt go for rown in goals im afraid! dotn think he looke all that confident !

Sloppy
02-11-2010, 06:10 PM
I would agree with that, i would say thats our most solid back 4 as well.

would go with that back 4. (brown in goals)

Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Rankin Galbraith in midfeild.

Deeks up fron on his todd with Spoony and Galbraith getting forward all the time.
thats what i'd go for aswell :agree:

Diclonius
02-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I remember in one of Mixu's first derbies he played Murray at CM. It did nothing but cancel out both him and Michael Stewart for the entire game, which would have been great if our midfield hadn't consisted of 3 and theirs of 5. Bloody Mixu tactics. :grr:

Albion Hibs
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I remember in one of Mixu's first derbies he played Murray at CM. It did nothing but cancel out both him and Michael Stewart for the entire game, which would have been great if our midfield hadn't consisted of 3 and theirs of 5. Bloody Mixu tactics. :grr:

Remember that game at ER well. The plus for us was that was what Murray was put in for, to take out there main attacking threat from midfield. Unfortunatly for Stewart he was taken out of the game, unlucky to for the ginger Jambo!