PDA

View Full Version : Dougie McDonald referee

maturehibby
01-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I believe that he is a brave man for coming out and saying what actually occured in the game that he refereed between Dundee United and Celtic .
The reason I am coming to his aid is for all the unjust decisions that have been meted out aginst us by the so called top referees and to know that they get a 7.9 if they have a poor game in the Observors eye and I think especially of Mr Richmond and some of his games at ER and other grounds when he has given wrong decisions against us and has stuck to them even when he knows that he is wrong .
McDonald to his credit knew he made a wrong call for a penalty and had the courage to put his hand up and change it unlike a lot of his colleagues who we get

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I believe that he is a brave man for coming out and saying what actually occured in the game that he refereed between Dundee United and Celtic .
The reason I am coming to his aid is for all the unjust decisions that have been meted out aginst us by the so called top referees and to know that they get a 7.9 if they have a poor game in the Observors eye and I think especially of Mr Richmond and some of his games at ER and other grounds when he has given wrong decisions against us and has stuck to them even when he knows that he is wrong .
McDonald to his credit knew he made a wrong call for a penalty and had the courage to put his hand up and change it unlike a lot of his colleagues who we get

It think the point is that he DIDN'T put his hand up at first. The SFA committee said that he misled the media and clubs at first, and then changed his story.

Yeah, he was big enough to change his original decision, but he doesn't come out well in the stuff that followed.

Part/Time Supporter
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
It think the point is that he DIDN'T put his hand up at first. The SFA committee said that he misled the media and clubs at first, and then changed his story.

Yeah, he was big enough to change his original decision, but he doesn't come out well in the stuff that followed.

I think his point is he was done for anyway by the obvious fact that he changed a decision. ie he would have got a "7.9" irrespective of whether he told porkies or not.

The cover-up story about Craven calling him over appears to have been for Craven's benefit, as he also initially gave a penalty by running behind the goal. By inventing this story about Craven calling McDonald over, that would have made him look better, rather than admitting that both of them got it wrong and both changed their mind.

MrSmith
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Arrogant tosser who still isn't taking responsibility for his actions! He should resign and stop blaming those around him for his errors. He still considers the linesman at fault for concocting the 'story'.

Scottish football is rotten from those who run it to those who officiate games. :grr:

H18sry
01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/default.stm good interview here

Hank Schrader
01-11-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/scottish-football-in-multi%11pound-cover-up-201011013211/

Daily Mash's take on the subject :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Arrogant tosser who still isn't taking responsibility for his actions! He should resign and stop blaming those around him for his errors. He still considers the linesman at fault for concocting the 'story'.

Scottish football is rotten from those who run it to those who officiate games. :grr:

He didn't make a mistake though - he got the call right. It shouldn't have been a penalty!

delbert
01-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Sorry, but the assertion that Dougie McDonald did'nt take responsibility for what occurred is entirely wrong, just watch the TV pictures after his confab with Craven, he turns towards the box, holds both his hands up and it is absolutely easy to lip read that he says 'Its a drop ball, my mistake', he obviously realised that immediately after the penalty kick that something was wrong, and had the balls to go across and find out from the assistant if the goalkeeper had got hands on the ball. It would have been far easier to bluff it out, stick with original penalty decision, and then just take the usual 'another soft penalty kick to the Old Firm' stuff which is in the papers every few weeks anyway.

To admit you have cocked up in that atmosphere, with potentially hundreds of thousands of people watching on TV as well, does'nt seem to me to be the actions of a guy with no balls, quite the opposite in fact, although the other stuff does him no credit and he has acknowledged that. I also agree with the earlier poster that Craven does not now come out of this well at all, as he is after all there to assist, had by far the best view, but until approached was apparently going to allow the penalty kick award to stand, seems to me the lack of balls in this instance was out wide on the touchline, and not the guy with the whistle. If he confirmed to McDonald that Pernis did get hands to the ball, and that's what has been stated by all, questions surely have to be asked about why at no time he raised his flag, thats his job, and had McDonald not had the instinct and guts to approach him, then that penalty would have stood, just my opinion for what its worth.