PDA

View Full Version : Derby in Costa Adeja (Tenerife)

Gus
01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Folks

Going on holiday on friday to Costa Adeje. Managed to get my passport stamped to go and watch the derby.

Anyone know of any good places/bars I can go and watch this?

Many thanks in advance

Scooter
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Folks

Going on holiday on friday to Costa Adeja. Managed to get my passport stamped to go and watch the derby.

Anyone know of any good places/bars I can go and watch this?

Many thanks in advance

Costa AdejE ya mong!!

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Go to the whiskey jar opposite the football ground in las americas. Jock and Kev will look after you, and will definitely have it on.

Gus
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Go to the whiskey jar opposite the football ground in las americas. Jock and Kev will look after you, and will definitely have it on.

:thumbsup: legend, thanks for that. Thats where I will be :agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 11:32 AM
:thumbsup: legend, thanks for that. Thats where I will be :agree:

I was in a few weeks ago, tell them Gary from Blackpool says hallo.:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM

I was there in August for the M/well game BH and they didn't show the game as they get them through the "middle east" satellite services IIRC and, sometimes they don't know if the game will be shown until it actually comes on! :agree:

That day, the Motherwell game didn't come on so they pointed us towards the Temple Bar (Irish pub funnily enough) at the edge of Costa Adeje about 400 metres along from the Iberostar Bouganville Hotel and they showed the game in a very hospitable environment! :agree:

I'd try there if I were you mate! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I was there in August for the M/well game BH and they didn't show the game as they get them through the "middle east" satellite services IIRC and, sometimes they don't know if the game will be shown until it actually comes on! :agree:

That day, the Motherwell game didn't come on so they pointed us towards the Temple Bar (Irish pub funnily enough) at the edge of Costa Adeje about 400 metres along from the Iberostar Bouganville Hotel and they showed the game in a very hospitable environment! :agree:

I'd try there if I were you mate! :wink:

I never knew that? If Jock or Kev had any brains they would have sent you round the corner to the chieftain. Thats owned by the same people who own the temple bar, and the Irish fiddler, and they have the same system set up in there.:greengrin

TornadoHibby
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I never knew that? If Jock or Kev had any brains they would have sent you round the corner to the chieftain. Thats owned by the same people who own the temple bar, and the Irish fiddler, and they have the same system set up in there.:greengrin

They did send the wife and I round to The Chieftain (easy walking distance from The Whiskey Jar) but they couldn't show the match either, presumably for the same reason as The Whiskey Jar but as the game had started we didn't hang around after the guy there called Temple Bar (taxi journey required for that :wink:) and confirmed that the game was definately on there! :agree: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 11:57 AM
They did send the wife and I round to The Chieftain (easy walking distance from The Whiskey Jar) but they couldn't show the match either, presumably for the same reason as The Whiskey Jar but as the game had started we didn't hang around after the guy there called Temple Bar (taxi journey required for that :wink:) and confirmed that the game was definately on there! :agree: :greengrin

Things are changing on the rock. :wink: There was a time if they couldn't get it, nobody could.:confused:

micksoo
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I am in Costa Adeje right now on my sun lounger. There was quite a few places had the Killie game on yesterday so I am sure it will be on - will check it out later. I will be back in time to take my seat in the East Stand.

Delboy4
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
The last time I was there I watched the Hibs v Hearts game at the Scotch Corner Pub opposite St Eugenes Bar at the top of the hill.

The guys are a good laugh (Rangers supporters) but will look after you!

They usually have offers on the drinks like 2 bottles for the price of one.

They do a mean breakfast too!