PDA

View Full Version : Poppy top

gobragh1875
01-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Are they on sale in the club shop or are they just for the team

Riordans Boots
01-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Are they on sale in the club shop or are they just for the team

The team only. Usually the strips are then auctioned.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20091124/bidding-underway-for-poppy-shirts-_2262950_1884934

Bristolhibby
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Two years ago they were for sale to the general public.

Bought my one on the day we beat Celtic 2-0 at Easter Road. (early December). Was reduced to £20. Bargain.

Don't know why they started auctioning them off. Recon a fair few fans (myself included) would have bought one.

J

lyonhibs
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Will Hibs will be holding a minute's silence for Remembrance Day on Sunday, or against Rangers, which is closer to the actual date but not on a weekend?

Westie1875
01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Are Hibs definitely wearing poppy shirts this year? Thought I'd read somewhere that teams weren't doing it anymore?

WellingtonHibby
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
On a slightly different note, I see Celtic have banned the Sale of Poppies at Parkhead...

Have i missed something here? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 12:05 PM
On a slightly different note, I see Celtic have banned the Sale of Poppies at Parkhead...

Have i missed something here? :confused:

Have they banned poppies or just the wee pins you used to get with them?

How do you pin the plastic thing into your jacket?

WellingtonHibby
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Have they banned poppies or just the wee pins you used to get with them?

How do you pin the plastic thing into your jacket?

I gather that they have informed the British Legion that they will not be allowed to sell Poppies within the ground or outside it, pins or no pins. ( reported on the BBC)

They didnt elaborate as to why they were turning away a laudable charity that does so much good and denying them a spot from which to help out thousands of Servicemen..Especialy when John Ried was former Defence Secretary and it should be a matter close to his heart?

I assume there is some quasi - republican rationale, does anyone know?

oldbutdim
01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I gather that they have informed the British Legion that they will not be allowed to sell Poppies within the ground or outside it, pins or no pins. ( reported on the BBC)

They didnt elaborate as to why they were turning away a laudable charity that does so much good and denying them a spot from which to help out thousands of Servicemen..Especialy when John Ried was former Defence Secretary and it should be a matter close to his heart?

I believe the fishul response from Cellic is that they do not allow ANY charitable collections inside the stadium.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Not sure what the official reason is but I expect it'll be a similar reason to why they don't do a minute's silence and feel that a minute's applause is more appropriate.

erskine-hibby
01-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Cause they're c***s.

Green_one
01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Cause they're c***s.

:greengrin Harsh but Fair