PDA

View Full Version : Stack

1875Sean
31-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Anyone know when he is due back from injury?

Could really do with him back inbetween the sticks next week :pray:

J-C
01-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Didn't realise Mark Brown was such a crap keeper and is such a liability for Stack to suddenly return between the sticks.:confused:

brydekirk
01-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Didn't realise Mark Brown was such a crap keeper and is such a liability for Stack to suddenly return between the sticks.:confused:

:agree: and remember the goal stack gifted the yams last season.:grr:

Sandy
01-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Brown is the better keeper IMO.

matty_f
01-11-2010, 07:15 AM

I don't think there's too much between them. Happy with either in goals, to be honest.
Stack only gets a hard time on here because people went looking for faults so they could defend maka.

Golden Bear
01-11-2010, 07:18 AM

:agree:

He's consistent & reliable and doing a good job right now.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 07:22 AM
I don't think there's too much between them. Happy with either in goals, to be honest.
Stack only gets a hard time on here because people went looking for faults so they could defend maka.

:agree: and remember the goal stack gifted the yams last season.:grr:

The only mistake he made that cost us anything IIRC. And he wasn't the only one to blame for that goal either.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2010, 07:30 AM

I would agree. Same keeper and back four for Hearts as started against United. The only thing I would say about Stack, is that when he is fit, he has to be first option if Brown is ruled out. Stack, then a choice from the younger players. Smith needs emptied.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I prefer Stack, although he's been out too long to throw him back in if he's fit next week.

Duffys13
01-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Anyone know when he is due back from injury?

Could really do with him back inbetween the sticks next week :pray:

We don't need our goalie's chopped and changed again. Hughes tried it and broke Smith and Stack's confidence. Stick with Brown, best we have

archiebald
01-11-2010, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=Duffys13;2622667]We don't need our goalie's chopped and changed again. Hughes tried it and broke Smith and Stack's confidence. Stick with Brown, best we have[/Brown the better keeper by a mile,the longer he stays no1 the better for the team (no chopping)

Pretty Boy
01-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Brown has been doing ok.

He's not exactly been helped by some of the absolutely woeful defensive performances that he has had to contend with either.

I think Brown and Stack fighting it out for the gloves leaves us in a pretty good position keeper wise.

Taz_hibee
01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Talking about Maka, could you imagine the threads on here right now if he had made that howler on Sat :devil:

.Sean.
01-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Stack for me.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Talking about Maka, could you imagine the threads on here right now if he had made that howler on Sat :devil:

Maka wont be making any mistakes on a Saturday for quite a while.

Riordans Boots
01-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I prefer Stack, although he's been out too long to throw him back in if he's fit next week.

(((Fergus)))
01-11-2010, 10:40 AM

The silence is deafening. There's one angle on the BBC footage that shows how slowly he was coming out for the ball to begin with. He then skips gaily past the player into no man's land. Not the first time he's jumped away from the ball either. Still...best keeper at the club now that Maka has gone. :devil:

1875Sean
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Has brown kept a clean sheet nice playing for hibs?

For me he should have done alot better for the goal on sat, looked like he bottled a 50/50

Plus think Stack is better at orginasing the defence

The_Horde
01-11-2010, 11:14 AM

The only mistake he made that cost us anything IIRC. And he wasn't the only one to blame for that goal either.

His positioning for Aberdeen's first goal last weekend was pretty dreadful IMO.

The silence is deafening. There's one angle on the BBC footage that shows how slowly he was coming out for the ball to begin with. He then skips gaily past the player into no man's land. Not the first time he's jumped away from the ball either. Still...best keeper at the club now that Maka has gone. :devil:

Had Maka made that blunder, as someone has previously posted, there would be a 7+ page thread full of abuse. And i wasn't even a Maka fan.

--------
01-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh great.

Five years at leasst we've been going on about our goalies. Hughes punts Public Enemy Number One in the summer, so NOW we have to start on Brown, Stack, Smith....

Smith I would agree has questions to answer from the end of last season, though I do think he's a perfectly adequate keeper for an SPL team.

Stack has injury issues. Do we persist with a guy who seems to be injured more often than he's fit? (See Chris Killen, aka Sicknote....)

Brown is the man in charge just now, at a time when the new manager's looking to steady the team and bring some order and understanding to the defence. Seems to me to be doing OK.

But hey, why bother about any of that?

There's a bunch of posters on this site who seem to reckon that our best keeper is the one who ISN'T playing whenever they decide to post. If Brown's in goal, it must be Stack. If Stack's in gola, let's have Smith. If Smith makes a mistake, Brown's tha best. Or maybe we should throw young Flynn into the Derby match?

My impression (which is no doubt influenced by my warped and twisted nature) is that a lot of posters' opinions are formed by what they hear on Sky Sports, or (God save the mark!) BBC Scotland. Opinions often voiced by media hacks of doubtful intelligence and depraved and crooked character.

Watch the freakin game for 45 years, chums, and by then you might know something. :devil:

:flag::flag::flag:

:wink:

rainman
01-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Not seen much this season but don't see how anybody can comment on the keepers when the guys in front of them defend like they did against Aberdeen.

SneakersO'Toole
01-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Stack is far too injury prone and should be punted in the summer IMO.

Brown is a more than adequate goalie for the SPL. His mistake on Saturday was probably the 1st one I can remember since he got into the team.

He deserves to keep his place for Sunday.

Wotherspiniesta
01-11-2010, 11:42 AM

For me he should have done alot better for the goal on sat, looked like he bottled a 50/50

No, but the fact that we've had 2 clean sheets in about 42 games would suggest that maybe Brown's not the problem?

I'd prefer Brown for Sunday even if Stack is fit.

CapitalHibs
01-11-2010, 11:42 AM

The way I would describe the goal on Saturday was that the keeper "shat it"

Ozyhibby
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Brown for me. Has performed well considering he has to play behind our defence.

Andy74
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM

Yes, and if Brown starts making them every two or three weeks then it will be the same. What is your point?

cocopops1875
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
in my opinion stack is the best keeper we have had in ages, that said he is an injury nightmare and struggles to put 4 or 5 games together that is no good for the defence as knowing your keeper is important :agree:

Speedway
02-11-2010, 10:37 AM

It's hard to keep a clean sheet nice when you're playing for Hibs and your name is Brown.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2010, 12:09 PM
It's hard to keep a clean sheet nice when you're playing for Hibs and your name is Brown.

:faf:

emmjayfox
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Dont think the bar stools can be doing stacks back any good. Although he did seem fighting..fit the other week :duck: