PDA

View Full Version : Any Player Ratings from Dun Utd Game ?

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Wasn't at the game yesterday and normally enjoy reading the player ratings. Haven't seen any yet, have I missed them ?!? :confused:

Removed
31-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Wasn't at the game yesterday and normally enjoy reading the player ratings. Haven't seen any yet, have I missed them ?!? :confused:

I'd go with Speedway's on the PM board :greengrin

IWasThere2016
31-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Broon - 6 (good but bottled 1 on 1 with Goodwillie IMHO)

Hart - 5 (distribution poor especially first half)

Bamba - 6 (better than last week)

Hanlon - 8 (our best by a stretch)

Grounds - 7 (played well)

De Graaf - 7 (much better from him)

Rankin - 5 (aw effort no enough of anything else for me)

Miller - 6 (tidy but we need a cutting edge + some goals from him)

Galbraith - 6 (good pace but made some poor choices/decisions at times)

Stevenson - 7 (second only to Hanlon for our best. Played well and some dig)

Riordan - 7 (never a lone striker. Had a few good strikes)

Trakys - 1 (for the banter! Looks hopeless/panic signing)

CC - 7 (marked improvement in the team's performance. Better back 4 this week)

Cabbage1875
31-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I havent seen one either but here is my take on yesterday:

Brown 6 - wouldve been higher but did not cover himself in glory at the goal.

Hart 7 - played well and when fit should be the right back, no question.

Hanlon 8 - thought he was our best player for 87 mins, then got caught slightly for the goal. Played really well i thought.

Bamba 5 - all over the shop, distribution was slack and I just dont know whats wrong with the big man.

Grounds 7 - Did well, his best performance in a Hibs shirt.

Galbraith 7 - again did well, a little awkward on the right side but did well in winning the penalty. Pace and width are what we as fans have been crying out for.

Miller 6 - best performance in a while but can still do so much more.

Rankin 6 - penalty apart he actually did ok yesterday, worked hard as usual. Quality on the ball must be better though.

De Graaf 7 - thought Edwin showed some signs that he might actually be the decent signing we were sold in the summer. Looked comfortable in the middle.

Stevenson 7 - tireless workrate from the wee lad, the second half he faded a bit but the effort did not.

Riordan 4- Thought Derek was really poor yesterday, and showed that he could never be played as a central striker on his own. I know CC had no option yesterday, but Derek was not strong enough or willing enough to run into channels, constantly wanting the ball into feet. Folk wont like this but we missed Nish yesterday.

Tin hat firmly on re Riordan. :wink:

3pm
31-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Hanlon have got a 9 if he hadn't been posted missing at the goal?

Iggy Pope
31-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Broon - 6 (good but bottled 1 on 1 with Goodwillie IMHO)

Hart - 5 (distribution poor especially first half)

Bamba - 6 (better than last week)

Hanlon - 8 (our best by a stretch)

Grounds - 7 (played well)

De Graaf - 7 (much better from him)

Rankin - 5 (aw effort no enough of anything else for me)

Miller - 6 (tidy but we need a cutting edge + some goals from him)

Galbraith - 6 (good pace but made some poor choices/decisions at times)

Stevenson - 7 (second only to Hanlon for our best. Played well and some dig)

Riordan - 7 (never a lone striker. Had a few good strikes)

Trakys - 1 (for the banter! Looks hopeless/panic signing)

CC - 7 (marked improvement in the team's performance. Better back 4 this week)

I can't disagree with much of that apart from maybe a shade more for Galbraith and I thought Brown was too slow off the mark rather than losing bottle.

I was very critical of Grounds before but he was quite tidy on Saturday. Unsure about his ability to defend like a full back should, but very comfortable in possession and his forward movement caused them problems once or twice.
On the other side, Hart had no grasp of the dimensions of the pitch - 6, 7 through balls over hit?

If the amount of vitriol levelled at Nish on these boards is much to go by then Trakys looks like he might raise the bile-o-meter a notch or two.

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks chaps :thumbsup:

That's the highest I have seen De Graaf rated - fingers crossed that he is actually half decent !!

Also, hopefully Deek was saving himself for The Yams next week :wink:

Iggy Pope
31-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks chaps :thumbsup:

That's the highest I have seen De Graaf rated - fingers crossed that he is actually half decent !!

Also, hopefully Deek was saving himself for The Yams next week :wink:

De Graaf looked a wee bit more like the player we were told he was. Certainly covered the big bit in the middle and I hope this is him starting to settle.

Toaods
31-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Brown 6 - wouldve been higher but did not cover himself in glory at the goal.

can't understand why he didn't simply take Goodwillie out, he'd passed the last man but wasn't in the box. Brown would have taken a red for the team but we'd have likely got a point rather than nothing.

Iggy Pope
31-10-2010, 08:22 PM
can't understand why he didn't simply take Goodwillie out, he'd passed the last man but wasn't in the box. Brown would have taken a red for the team but we'd have likely got a point rather than nothing.

IMO if he had just been sharper he could have dealt with the situation without the cost of a card, a penalty or a goal.

Other than that he did nothing wrong and he does appear to be the pick of the bunch of No 1's we have.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
31-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Can't quote properly from my phone but as someone quite rightly points out we need more from Liam Miller. He has really been annoying me
lately and largely seems to escape criticism. In his defence a lot
of the time he has been a sitting midfielder which is never his position. He needs to be further up the park. But for the ability he has some of his passing is shocking at times.

Toaods
31-10-2010, 08:24 PM
IMO if he had just been sharper he could have dealt with the situation without the cost of a card, a penalty or a goal.

Other than that he did nothing wrong and he does appear to be the pick of the bunch of No 1's we have.

as a friend said, 'he's no Goram or Leighton but he's what we've been needing...a steady Eddie'

Albion Hibs
31-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Brown - 6
Decent enough, poor decision making for the goal and as usual slow at getting the ball out PS not point punting with Riordan up front.

Hart - 7
Very good game, solid defensively and took a fair bit of extra pressure with Galbraith in front of him and not being the best at getting back.

Bamba - 7
Handled Daly well, as usual his passing was slack, but as long as he wins in the air I am not hugely bothered.

Hanlon - 6
A very good afternoon, but asleep in the final five mins which cost us. Needs to make sure that does not happen next week.

Grounds - 7
Did well, looks like he never has the ball under that much control, but did his job well for the afternoon. His height will be well needed next weekend.

De Graaf - 7
Looked life a decent footballer and missed no open goals, largely down to the chance he did not have the opportunity.

Rankin - 6
Played well but poor penalty. Has made bad decision in the face of goal in the past two weeks, trying to place the ball against Aberdeen, and then just blasting pen. But he puts in a shift and helped the defence whenever asked.
Miller - 7
Did well, tracked back, tried to get forward whenever he could.

Galbraith - 6
Played well and deserved his 90 mins. For someone who has pace he does at time look reluctant to use it. A few poor touches when in decent areas.

Stevenson - 7
Played well and always wanted / tried to get on the ball. Was unlucky not to get on end of rebound.

Riordan - 5
Poorest performance for a while. Played in a role which he is just never going to manage and Brown kept punting balls up which the two CH did not even have to jump to win. Should have done better with chance in first half, and if he can take the band he needs to have the bottle to take the pens - he is far to good a striker of the ball not to be confident enough.
Trakys - 1
Dont know why we brought him on. Worryingly with Nish out I think we are going to need him against hertz so CC has 7 days to turn him into a player.

CC - 6
A far, far better team / performance than last week. Dont know why we made the sub when we did, but thats history now.

With the derby in mind the only change I would want to make it Murray in for Rankin, an extra man we defending against their height at set pieces and a bit of additional height in strength in midfield.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2010, 08:42 PM
On the other side, Hart had no grasp of the dimensions of the pitch - 6, 7 through balls over hit?

:agree: We seem to in the minority who noticed this however. He played a ball to Danny first half which was as bad a pass as you'll see from a pro IMHO. Similarly, he launched one over Deeks heid by 30 yards when he was 15 yards away and clearly looking for it to feet. Poor stuff.

matty_f
31-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Brown - 6
Decent enough, poor decision making for the goal and as usual slow at getting the ball out PS not point punting with Riordan up front.

Hart - 7
Very good game, solid defensively and took a fair bit of extra pressure with Galbraith in front of him and not being the best at getting backmack.

Bamba - 7
Handled Daly well, as usual his passing was slack, but as long as he wins in the air I am not hugely bothered.

Hanlon - 6
A very good afternoon, but asleep in the final five mins which cost us. Needs to make sure that does not happen next week.

Grounds - 7
Did well, looks like he never has the ball under that much control, but did his job well for the afternoon. His height will be well needed next weekend.

De Graaf - 7
Looked life a decent footballer and missed no open goals, largely down to the chance he did not have the opportunity.

Rankin - 6
Played well but poor penalty. Has made bad decision in the face of goal in the past two weeks, trying to place the ball against Aberdeen, and then just blasting pen. But he puts in a shift and helped the defence whenever asked.
Miller - 7

Galbraith - 6
Played well and deserved his 90 mins. For someone who has pace he does at time look reluctant to use it. A few poor touches when in decent areas.

Stevenson - 7
Played well and always wanted / tried to get on the ball. Was unlucky not to get on end of rebound.

Riordan - 5
Poorest performance for a while. Played in a role which he is just never going to manage and Brown kept punting balls up which the two CH did not even have to jump to win. Should have done better with chance in first half, and if he can take the band he needs to have the bottle to take the pens - he is far to good a striker of the ball not to be confident enough.
Trakys - 1
Dont know why we brought him on. Worryingly with Nish out I think we are going to need him against hertz so CC has 7 days to turn him into a player.

CC - 6
A far, far better team / performance than last week. Dont know why we made the sub when we did, but thats history now.

With the derby in mind the only change I would want to make it Murray in for Rankin, an extra man we defending against their height at set pieces and a bit of additional height in strength in midfield.

A 5 and a 1 in there?
Vile and disloyal :greengrin

Removed
31-10-2010, 09:10 PM
A 5 and a 1 in there?

:agree:

:shocked:

Cropley10
31-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Brown - 6

Hart - 7
Very good game, solid defensively and took a fair bit of extra pressure with Galbraith in front of him and not being the best at getting back.

Bamba - 7

Hanlon - 6

Grounds - 7

De Graaf - 7

Rankin - 6
Miller - 7

Galbraith - 6

Stevenson - 7

Riordan - 5
Trakys - 1

CC - 6

Bizzare. You watched the game on the telly, right?

You are way too obvious :sauzee:

500miles
31-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Brown...........I think he COULD have got to the ball before Goodwillie if he had made his mind up earlier. Good stop with his feet, and feel he is the safest pair of hands we've had for a while. 6

Hart - Poor distribution first half, with a bit of improvement in the second. Could be one of these guys who takes a wee while to get back into gear when he hasn't been playing due to injury etc. 5

Bamba - Better than last week, but allowed a ball or two to go right over his head early doors, and then went on a run that was only ever going to end up badly later on. 5

Hanlon - The goal was a blemish, but determined to get the ball, comfortable on it, and some excellent tackles. 7

Grounds - The best game he's had during his short time here. Defensively sound and gave Stevenson decent support. 7

Galbraith - Up against Barry Douglas, a laddie with pace, so it came down to decision making and a battle of wits. Early doors, Douglas seemed to have the beating of Danny, but he got more and more joy as the game went on and he cut inside, culminating in the penalty.6

De Graff - Looked dangerous, and probably our best player going forward in the first half. Fed Riordan a good chance, but perhaps could have created a couple of more chances with better decision making. Useful when breaking down thier moves at times. I was there with a Utd, and he spoke highly of him, and most of the midfield (less so Miller). 7

Rankin - Put in a power of work, with a mixed bag of results. Involved in some nice triangles with Stevenson and Miller, but slack in some other instances. United have a tough midfield, so it was a hard battle, and he got a fair bit of joy at times. A player who takes that much stick should never take penalties though - penalties require total confidence. His greatest crime is probably being over-eager. 6

Miller - Dundee are a hard team to play against. Miller is the man we use to keep the ball, who can knock it around in tight areas, and the one you hope comes out of a cluttered area with the ball. Patchy. 5

Stevenson - Possibly due to some old boy with severe anger problems, I may have been influenced, and thought he started poorly. However, as the game went on, he was our top player for me, full of industry, got forward well, hit the bi-line, invovled with those nice triangles mentioned earlier, and an all round good game from him. Nice to see him breaking into the box more too. 8

Riordan - A tough task on his hands which he just doesn't have the tools for. His shooting was poor, and on more than one occassion, he took on shots that were just never going to beat Pernis, when there was plenty of time for him to hold onto the ball, make some space, or wait for support. Him wearing a captains armband is nothing more than sentimental. When there are no other strikers on the pitch, and you're captain, you should be the one with the shoulders to carry the can when it comes to penalties. Unless it was upon instruction of Calderwood for Rankin to take the pen, then Riordan should have grabbed the ball off of John, and taken it himself. Utd fan I was with reckoned that that was the easiest game Kenneth has had in a long time. 4

Trakys - Little time, made no impact, apart from a poor back heel attempt. Don't usually like to make such early decisions on a player, but he runs with lead in his boots and I don't see him troubling the first eleven, especially after Christmas. 1

Mario - Cracking hat and tache combo. 64

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 01:18 PM
A 5 and a 1 in there?

:agree:

:shocked:

Missed both of your view / ratings on the game, what are your thoughts?

matty_f
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM

Would score most of the team round about a 7, thought we played well - Hart and Grounds were good, Bamba was a bit wayward but overall ok, Hanlon (goal aside) did well, keeper didn't have much to do but could have done better at the goal, Riordan worked the line well and I thought he played a captain's role, Stevenson and Galbraith provided good width and stuck to their tasks well, and Miller and De Graaf looked better than their opposite numbers in the middle.

Cropley10
01-11-2010, 04:37 PM

My thoughts are you didn't see the game, if you did you watched it on Alba.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Would score most of the team round about a 7, thought we played well - Hart and Grounds were good, Bamba was a bit wayward but overall ok, Hanlon (goal aside) did well, keeper didn't have much to do but could have done better at the goal, Riordan worked the line well and I thought he played a captain's role, Stevenson and Galbraith provided good width and stuck to their tasks well, and Miller and De Graaf looked better than their opposite numbers in the middle.

I can only assume you are joking. What line did he work well? He was lost, I dont blame him, but simply put he cant play in that role.

Regardless, based on your above V's my rating (I note yours are missing) why would you question a rating of 1 for a player that was on for about 4 mins, and touched the ball once, losing it, and 5 for a player who did little all afternoon?

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
My thoughts are you didn't see the game, if you did you watched it on Alba.

Just about as correct as most of your views!!

I was at the game, just like I was at the game in Aberdeen the week before. Being a Virgin Media customer I do not get Alba to the best of my knowledge, therefore my game knowledge is first hand.

On the basis I was at the game, question whether or not you were, and have provided my ratings based on what I saw, I would ask that rather than simply go for the sly comment you provide your own / opposing view in order that we can debate of course!

matty_f
01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I can only assume you are joking. What line did he work well? He was lost, I dont blame him, but simply put he cant play in that role.

Regardless, based on your above V's my rating (I note yours are missing) why would you question a rating of 1 for a player that was on for about 4 mins, and touched the ball once, losing it, and 5 for a player who did little all afternoon?

Sorry, my original post about being disloyal and vile was intended for those with a sense of humour.

For future reference, you can be assured that the majority of my posts will be aimed above your head.:aok:

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Sorry, my original post about being disloyal and vile was intended for those with a sense of humour.

For future reference, you can be assured that the majority of my posts will be aimed above your head.:aok:

Its okay I had already noted that you go for the humour over content / meaningful opinion anyway! All the best.

Removed
01-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Aye, that'll be why matty used to write for the official site.

I know whose content/meaningful opinion I'd rather read.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Well in that case I am delighted for you. But before this post turns from me making a comment regarding the game at the weekend, to you and your other half making sarcastic comments, to then probably turning into some ridiculous argument, about who can structure the best sentence / who’s penmanship is the best - lets just agree leave it.

Cropley10
01-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Just about as correct as most of your views!!

I was at the game, just like I was at the game in Aberdeen the week before. Being a Virgin Media customer I do not get Alba to the best of my knowledge, therefore my game knowledge is first hand.

On the basis I was at the game, question whether or not you were, and have provided my ratings based on what I saw, I would ask that rather than simply go for the sly comment you provide your own / opposing view in order that we can debate of course!

I still can't believe your here.

You've never written a single thing that makes me think you actually watch Hibs.

Where's your ST? Or who else on here kens you?

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 07:14 PM

:agree: Albion every day of the week.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I still can't believe your here.

You've never written a single thing that makes me think you actually watch Hibs.

Where's your ST? Or who else on here kens you?

Listen, simply put I dont really have any interest in this kind of chat.

Regarding having nothing to say that makes you think I watch Hibs - firstly, I dont really care if you think i watch Hibs. Secondly, I have posted after each of our last four games - Celtic (I missed St J), Killie, Aberdeen, and Utd. I forget whether or not I posted after the games prior to that, I would think so, with perhaps the exception of St Mirren, as again I did not go to that game.

My season ticket it is in the west upper, beyond that I dont really think its relevant. People on here I know? one or two, naming them - no. But if you had read my previous posts then I am sure you could work out who I was talking directly to.

I feel that suitable addresses all of your above points.

I am off to have a think about what it is that you write which makes me think you watch hibs. PS no need to tell me where your season ticket is, that info is not really anything to do with me!

Cropley10
01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Listen, simply put I dont really have any interest in this kind of chat.

Regarding having nothing to say that makes you think I watch Hibs - firstly, I dont really care if you think i watch Hibs. Secondly, I have posted after each of our last four games - Celtic (I missed St J), Killie, Aberdeen, and Utd. I forget whether or not I posted after the games prior to that, I would think so, with perhaps the exception of St Mirren, as again I did not go to that game.

My season ticket it is in the west upper, beyond that I dont really think its relevant. People on here I know? one or two, naming them - no. But if you had read my previous posts then I am sure you could work out who I was talking directly to.

I feel that suitable addresses all of your above points.

I am off to have a think about what it is that you write which makes me think you watch hibs. PS no need to tell me where your season ticket is, that info is not really anything to do with me!

Because you post after Hibs games doesn't mean you watched them. It's what you write, not when you write. And you write nothing insightful.

West Upper aye? Interesting. So do I.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Because you post after Hibs games doesn't mean you watched them. It's what you write, not when you write. And you write nothing insightful.

West Upper aye? Interesting. So do I.

Again I dont really think this is a relevant chat / must be boring others!

However, I would think it is hard to write about a game if you have not watched it, and as you say it is what you write - therefore writing about a game after a game is about as close to "proof" as I can give you - If I start posting during a game, then you can say you have caught me!! Insightful, I guess that is a matter of opinion, quite literaly - my opinion, whether or not you find it insightful - is your opinion.

Anyway I am not here to claim to be an uber fan, and I dont think going to a game makes you a more of a fan than the guy who does not. I go to as many home and away games as I can, and I will come on here and give my opinion, nothing more than that.

matty_f
01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
:agree: Albion every day of the week.

Same here, to be fair.:agree:

I find my posts repetitive, vile, and disloyal, and with hardly anything serious to contribute whatsoever.

Removed
01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Same here, to be fair.:agree:

I find my posts repetitive, vile, and disloyal, and with hardly anything serious to contribute whatsoever.

Not only your posts. Your texts are even worse. Just random words most of the time.

matty_f
01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Not only your posts. Your texts are even worse. Just random words most of the time.

Kebab.:agree:

At least I only send them the once, though...:greengrin

Removed
01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
You're right. I'm a loser. I really need to get an iPhone.

matty_f
01-11-2010, 08:06 PM
You're right. I'm a loser. I really need to get an iPhone.

agree smiley